BRN Discussion Ongoing

Playing devils advocate for a minute, my calculate revenue by royalties x price of royalties. With all these partnerships coming out and interconnecting with their own ecosystems it would be easy to imagine market(s) saturation. @MC🐠 thanks.

What I’m not 100% convinced on is average price per royalty, could we be potentially over estimating here? @Fact Finder what do you think?

Comparing ARM Holdings, they have 2021 revenue of $2.7b from a total of ~$30b chips sold this year which gives an average of $0.10 revenue per chip. Why is this so low?

Makes me wonder if we’re doing IP, and agreements aren’t disclosed, then what are the chances we could be overstating this 10x.

Or does it even matter, with a conservative $60b market by 2025 and Akida being best in class/ first in class we achieve a more likely 50% share like @chapman89 says, then multiply by 15x (ARM ranges from 10-25x) we get $450bn USD MC. Hmm…
Hi Lex55
There has been some criticism of how ARM works in terms of maximising its revenue but the first real differentiator to Brainchip is that Brainchip owns the IP to the AKIDA Neural fabric and as such unlike ARM that has multiple different companies even Brainchip's IP it does not have to share the royalties from AKIDA.

ARM will however have to pass on royalties to Brainchip. So the average return of 10 cents a chip even when the primary IP is belongs to someone else is not bad though as I said some commentators think that is low and could be improved. Nvidia certainly did.

The ARM revenue model is therefore not the Brainchip revenue model the only similarity between the two is that ARM like Brainchip is fabless.

Now you could argue that ARM is less risky in its approach as it is not dependent on one IP to take on the world as Brainchip does but if the AKIDA IP is revolutionary, best in class and 3 years ahead of the next competitor and in the right space at the right time the extra risk is significantly diminished and the profit margin is as the former CEO Mr. Dinardo stated in the order of 97%.

On the question of how much will be received as a royalty is an open question and the best we have on this is in the first Pitt Street Research Report from last year and it is worth revisiting.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: If you take 1% of the 200 billion automotive semiconductor market by 2040, 1% of the edge 71 billion market by 2025 and 1% of the 188 billion medical market I think that this adds up to more than 2.7 billion and Brainchip does not share as ARM does.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
Snuck in for another cheeky little bundle 🤙🏼

E89F85DA-FFD2-4AD4-A20B-149CF5A57B78.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users
Was he being a fool or hosing down speculation at a time of sensitive negotiations between the two parties???

If you are a pompous fool the problem with social media is that what you said never goes away. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
PS: His disclaimer on his LinkedIn page that he has absolutely nothing to do with Prophesee anymore kind of supports one of the two options more than the other.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Ladro

Reactions: 2 users
Here's a little teaser for you mate............patience is a virtue ........... :p

View attachment 9698
It's interesting, that you have a file on Droneshield MC (just one that caught my eye)..

I looked into them a little, a while back and pretty sure one of their technologies is a gun, which when pointed at the drone, basically signals it to land, or go home (which begs the question, why you wouldn't just shoot it, but understandable, around airports or other public places).

Seeing as they are mainly military focused, I was thinking at the time, that the bulk of their tech, will be rendered obsolete, when the drones are equipped with Independent A.I. Like AKIDA.

Unless they have their heads stuck in the ground, they would be wanting to find ways of disrupting, other aspects of a drones workings..

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Question for the people who know more. Are these collaborations/partnerships companies working out how they will use Brainchips tech before the sign an IP deal ? I’m just trying to understand how BRN have many partnerships but only a couple of IP deals ?

• Love

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Was he being a fool or hosing down speculation at a time of sensitive negotiations between the two parties???

If you are a pompous fool the problem with social media is that what you said never goes away. LOL

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
PS: His disclaimer on his LinkedIn page that he has absolutely nothing to do with Prophesee anymore kind of supports one of the two options more than the other.

I guess it's not really a hugley surprising development since we were essentially given a bit of a "heads up" by Zack Shelby from Edge Impulse on the 6 June 2022 when he said said at approx 15.30 that they’re matching Akida with Prophesee cameras.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

Rodney

Regular
Over 11mil shorted on Friday if I read it right. They are desperate to keep it down

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Great confirmation that the 1000 eyes are ahead of the game re Prophesee. Many more to come that we are aware of. Sit back and relax time.

Also, off topic but does anyone else absolutely hate the new Commsec app???!!!!

GrandRhino

Founding Member
Great confirmation that the 1000 eyes are ahead of the game re Prophesee. Many more to come that we are aware of. Sit back and relax time.

Sure do! I just got the update it's more of a downgrade IMO 😞

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Hi Lex55
There has been some criticism of how ARM works in terms of maximising its revenue but the first real differentiator to Brainchip is that Brainchip owns the IP to the AKIDA Neural fabric and as such unlike ARM that has multiple different companies even Brainchip's IP it does not have to share the royalties from AKIDA.

ARM will however have to pass on royalties to Brainchip. So the average return of 10 cents a chip even when the primary IP is belongs to someone else is not bad though as I said some commentators think that is low and could be improved. Nvidia certainly did.

The ARM revenue model is therefore not the Brainchip revenue model the only similarity between the two is that ARM like Brainchip is fabless.

Now you could argue that ARM is less risky in its approach as it is not dependent on one IP to take on the world as Brainchip does but if the AKIDA IP is revolutionary, best in class and 3 years ahead of the next competitor and in the right space at the right time the extra risk is significantly diminished and the profit margin is as the former CEO Mr. Dinardo stated in the order of 97%.

On the question of how much will be received as a royalty is an open question and the best we have on this is in the first Pitt Street Research Report from last year and it is worth revisiting.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: If you take 1% of the 200 billion automotive semiconductor market by 2040, 1% of the edge 71 billion market by 2025 and 1% of the 188 billion medical market I think that this adds up to more than 2.7 billion and Brainchip does not share as ARM does.

Think it was 5% royalty per $US 25 chip sale - as their example

$1.25 per chip

Lets go for 200M chips sooner rather than later - possibly VERY conservative

$250M revenue $USD

If we dont make net profit $125M on that we are doing something wrong

PE of 30

$3.75B market cap (US)

$5.3B market cap AUD

3.5 BAGS anyone?

all IMO -

ARM did 30B chips did someone say??? replace 200M with 30B..... and do the same numbers

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Bravo

Hello Sony!

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 12.42.09 pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users

Fox151

Regular
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

Hello Lucid, Syn Sesne, Xperi and Macnica! 🥳

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 12.49.02 pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

M_C

Founding Member
It's interesting, that you have a file on Droneshield MC (just one that caught my eye)..

I looked into them a little, a while back and pretty sure one of their technologies is a gun, which when pointed at the drone, basically signals it to land, or go home (which begs the question, why you wouldn't just shoot it, but understandable, around airports or other public places).

Seeing as they are mainly military focused, I was thinking at the time, that the bulk of their tech, will be rendered obsolete, when the drones are equipped with Independent A.I. Like AKIDA.

Unless they have their heads stuck in the ground, they would be wanting to find ways of disrupting, other aspects of a drones workings..

Not a strong link so far but here's what I have

Capture.PNG

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Rskiff

Regular
So on entering the ASX200, so far BRN is up 1% on great news. Look at the other 3 that entered ASX200 today with no news, CXO down 6%, LKE down 13% and NHC down13%. We are onto a winner with BRN as Blind Freddie can see the massive potential this company has compared to mining companies etc. If the company continues to tick boxes and obtain more partnerships/contracts etc then we definitely have a tiger by the tail here.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Over 11mil shorted on Friday if I read it right. They are desperate to keep it down
if you take I look at the sales of BRN shares going on atm, there’s some very small sales /buy’s going on. Which make sense with the shorts taken out. Games will be played until there’s revenue or a price sensitive announcement

Reactions: 28 users

Is it something you need to physically upgrade, or automatic?

Despite investing in the forefront of A.I. technology, I don't usually touch, or upgrade anything, unless it's broken..

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
I'm just a bit confused with these announcements from only 6 months ago and now Brainchip partnering up with Prophesee and the possible connection with Sony:

Is it possible that within only 6 months Prophesee and Sony have decided to ditch/make these obselete - SynSense and Xailient, in favour of Brainchip? Can the process of making these decisions happen this quickly, just curious?

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
Top Bottom