BRN Discussion Ongoing

F

Filobeddo

The buildout of the edge is driving a slew of new challenges and opportunities across the chip industry. Sailesh Chittipeddi, executive vice president at Renesas Electronics America, talks about the shift toward more AI-centric workloads rather than CPU-centric, why embedded computing is becoming the foundation of all intelligences, and the importance of software, security, and user experience in shaping this part of the market.

Great find @Rocket577 thanks for posting

By the way I’ve got some bad news, we (Chelsea) are going to have to take back Mr Rice soon, hope you don’t mind 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Tut mir leid, Jungs, ich will niemanden verärgern, der in Krypto investiert hat, aber ich sehe es mir gerade an und es stürzt wirklich ab. Der Grund, warum ich das anspreche, ist, dass es viele Ex-Krypto-Jungs und -Mädels geben wird, die versuchen, anderswo Geld zurückzugewinnen. Wie viele Aktien in der Asx oder anderswo auf der Welt sind derzeit so vielversprechend wie unser kleiner Ripper BRN Hmmm?
Genau , dass habe ich auch heute gedacht 😎😎😎😎💥👌

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Cheers, I’ve been harassing my Super Fund for 12 months now: I’m stuck with it at the moment! 🤪
I literally transferred my super to a new fund because my original super didn't have a direct investment option. I then put 20% of my balance in BRN, 20% in FMG and 20% in IMU.
I'm down on IMU but the only reason my super fund has grown over the past 9-12 months is because of FMG and BRN. The actual funds performance on the remaining 40% of my super has been pretty much break even.
Not suggesting you do the same, but being able to use your super would increase your holdings considerably.
IMO DYOR

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
The Akida Enablement Platform is here:
https://brainchip.com/products/

View attachment 9624

So ball park figures:

Assume 500 customers at 2 customer engineer weeks per customer = 1000 customer engineer weeks
20 customer service engineers
50 weeks

That's a full year for 20 customer service engineers - without time to scratch themselves.
Of course these customer service officers are spread over companies like Renesas, MegaChips, SiFive, Valeo and Edge Impulse (to name just a few) so the burden is not being carried entirely by Anil Mankar and Kristopher Carlson and team.

Indeed the former CEO Mr. Dinardo made the point that some of the customers were so large they imposed very little impact on the Brainchip engineering resources.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

mcm

Regular
Sorry guys, don't mean to upset anyone invested in crypto, but watching it right now and really crashing. The reason I am bringing this up is because there will be many ex crypto guys n gal's looking to recover funds elsewhere..... how many stocks in the asx or anywhere else in the world currenlty show as much promise as our little ripper BRN hmmm?
Funny … the only other stock that has a similar potential to BrainChip imo is another ASX listed stock named Weebit Nano … it’s re-Ram tech is a front runner to replace flash and is currently being transferred to SkyWater, a US based fab and will be mass produced early next year. I think Weebit and Akida will one day be an irresistible combination in many applications … especially in the automotive market.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
I own some WBT thanks to baconlover I think

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi MC,

3D chips bring additional cooling problems because of the lack of surface area per transistor for cooling.

https://www.ieee.org/security-privacy.html

View attachment 9623

Ponte Vecchio is meant to consume 600 watts, so making sure heat could be extracted from the 3D stack was always a high priority. Intel engineers used tiles that had no other function than to draw heat away from the active chiplets in the design. They also coated the top of the entire chiplet agglomeration in heat-conducting metal, despite the various parts having different heights. Atop that was a solder-based thermal interface material (STIM) and an integrated heat spreader. The different tiles each have different operating-temperature limits under liquid cooling and air cooling, yet this solution managed to keep them all in range, said Gomes.

They needed to call in the air-conditioning and refrigeration engineers!

I'm surprised they didn't call on Peltier.
It has been drawn to the managements attention that the link to IEEE Intel Ponte Vecchio above links to the IEEE privacy terms.

For those interested, here's the link to the Ponte Vecchio article.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/intel-s-exascale-supercomputer-chip-is-a-master-class-in-3d-integration

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Foxdog

Regular
Sorry guys, don't mean to upset anyone invested in crypto, but watching it right now and really crashing. The reason I am bringing this up is because there will be many ex crypto guys n gal's looking to recover funds elsewhere..... how many stocks in the asx or anywhere else in the world currenlty show as much promise as our little ripper BRN hmmm?
Totally agree, I hold a few ETH and XRP but not much - still ahead atm....just. I dabbled more to experience blockchain tech and using digital wallets etc, found it very interesting and I think there will be use cases for it in the future, although mining coins uses a prohibitive amount of energy (could AKIDA help 🤔)

As for BRN I'm sincerely hoping that an investment here will eclipse all investing mistakes (lessons?) of the past, of which there have been plenty....at great cost. $20 per share as an initial target for me and I hope (suspect) all on this forum will be in a comfortable position by then too.

A very, very exciting community to be part of 😆

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I have read so much stuff in the last few moths but don't recall this Stocks Down Under piece.
Apologies if it has already been reviewed. The revenue from MegaChips is the bit that caught my eye and of course the "endless possibilities"
Anyway its a better read than the local Sunday newspaper. Enjoy

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Deena

Regular
Totally agree, I hold a few ETH and XRP but not much - still ahead atm....just. I dabbled more to experience blockchain tech and using digital wallets etc, found it very interesting and I think there will be use cases for it in the future, although mining coins uses a prohibitive amount of energy (could AKIDA help 🤔)

As for BRN I'm sincerely hoping that an investment here will eclipse all investing mistakes (lessons?) of the past, of which there have been plenty....at great cost. $20 per share as an initial target for me and I hope (suspect) all on this forum will be in a comfortable position by then too.

A very, very exciting community to be part of 😆
What blows me away with crypto currencies is that there are over 10,000 different ones, that is more than 2 new currencies for each day since Bitcoin was first released. I have never been involved given the problems with security of exchanges, the volume of scams, the 'fit for purpose' problem, use of power and environmental issues, use by organised crime, and the possibility of human error (losing wallet ID, dying and relatives not being able to access etc).

I definitely think BRN offers so much more, offering solutions to so many problems including all of the above. This is a share that offers so much benefit to society ... and benefit to shareholders that HOLD. My opinion only. DYOR and LOL.
Deena

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

LuWil

Regular

Prevent Heat Exhaustion with an Edge ML-Powered Wearable Device​

June 02, 2022 by Edge ImpulseDownload PDF
FINAL_Heat_Exhaustion_Image_600x400.jpg

Case Study Overview​

Cloud-based systems that monitor vital signs can keep first responders and industrial workers from getting injured or even dying on the job. But what happens when people “go dark,” and can’t be reached by the cloud? SlateSafety wondered if their award-winning BioTrac Band could deliver real-time alerts even without connectivity. In just 10 days, working with the vast amount of biometric data generated from the field, SlateSafety and the Edge Impulse team were able to zero in on key parameters and create an accurate, compact algorithm for predicting heat exhaustion. The new algorithm, developed on Edge Impulse's industry-leading edge ML development platformto run directly on existing hardware, can give the wearer real-time feedback on the risk of heat exhaustion, and enhances existing products by making safety at the edge a working reality.

In this case study, read about the results:
  • An accurate and efficient ML algorithm, ready to run on SlateSafety’s existing Nordic-based device
  • A 10-day development timeline, enabled by Edge Impulse’s Solutions Support Team and Edge ML platform
  • Real-time situational awareness, to avoid overexertion injuries and fatalities, even in areas without connectivity

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 35 users

Schwale

Regular
I’m an employee of the Government and my current super is governed by legislation which says I can’t touch it. I have been told there is some pending legislation due to change that in November, so all going well I’ll be able to move it then. I’ve got 30+ years saved and I’ve been contributing 15% for ever up so I could substantially increase my holdings if it comes off.

So I’m in two minds about price increases at the moment! I do want them; but then I don’t 😂
İ feel your pain. İ was with Mercer in 2008 when the GFC hit..the so called professional fund managers lost over 60% of my hard earned super..at that point i decided enough was enough and set up my own self managed superfund and haven't had any regrets since. İ also placed 100% of my funds into BRN since AZK day's.. despite the Share Price i am still sitting on 500% profit... Try getting that from a professional fund manager... All they are good at is loosing your money. My money, and i will control it and be responsible for my actions.

Exciting time to be a BRN shareholder. As Fact Finder keeps saying just 1% of the market and we still be rich.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
There's that word ubiquitous popping up again. I haven't heard it used in years... now all of a sudden, it's everywhere...
Or should you say, now all of a sudden its ubiquitous?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 118

I jumped into bitcoin for the 1st time when it hit $30,000 and will be happy to buy more during the fall

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I am a bit fixated on this statement:

“The company has many design wins and more than five hundred commercial prospects for its solutions.”

“Many design wins” -
The former CEO Mr. Dinardo spoke of design wins as being part of the process that Brainchip had to work through on the pathway to signing a commercial engagement.

“more than five hundred commercial prospects for its solutions” I recall Acting CEO Peter van der Made speaking about saturating the market and an explosion of sales. These statements were made in the six months leading up to the publication of this article.

On balance the terminology used and the circumstances leading up to it being made in my opinion gives it some significant credibility.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Further to my fixation some might recall a few weeks ago I posted a Harvard research paper which had looked at the conversion rate of customer engagements in the semiconductor space that came up with 35%.

This number, 35%, was intended to be a conservative conversion rate and involved various assumptions such as an equal market place where all competitors had a similar product offering and price and service were the only variables.

If we take the 500 commercial prospects and assume they have just walked in the front door and sat down at the desk of Rob Telson and AKIDA is the same as every other product offering in the market based on this Harvard research we can expect Rob Telson will convert 35 out of every 100 customers to a commercial engagement or 175 customers out of the 500 will sign on the dotted line.

If we add back in that AKIDA has no competition and a two to three year lead and strong market validation thanks to ARM, Edge Impulse, NASA, DARPA and Mercedes Benz then the conversion rate of 35% is obviously very conservative.

Every 5% adds an extra 25 customers signing on the dotted line. So a 40% conversion rate means 200 customers signing up.

If we use the Renesas licence fee of about 1 million dollars this instantly produces 200 million dollars with a further 200 royalty streams once the 200 customer products come to market.

Once again this is a conservative view as MegaChips licence fee and engineering was about 2 million dollars.

Of course we do not have confirmation of the 500 commercial prospects referred to in this article so the above may be based on entirely inaccurate information.

Can we test the feasibility of 500 customer engagements being realistic by some other known facts.

Well we do know that Edge Impulse supports 33,000 engineers each working on projects.

If 10 percent pick up on AKIDA that would be 3,300 engineers working to develop products to take commercial and if only ten percent of those products work their way through to market that would be 330 commercial products in the market containing AKIDA.

The idea of 500 commercial prospects based on this can be seen as not beyond industry scale.

The question becomes then is it likely that the ARM sales team assembled by Rob Telson could have lined up 500 commercial prospects in the 12 month period from the release of the AKD1000 engineering samples in October, 2020.

I think it is realistic particularly when you take into account that in mid 2020 the former CEO Mr. Dinardo stated that Brainchip had ‘well north of 100 NDA customer engagements’.

So to reach 500 Rob Telson and his team already had a flying start of 100 to 150 already onboard.

My opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users

Xray1

Regular
Looks like we may/will have a very positive start on Monday trading platform given the imo very positive o/seas BRN updated market figures and not least for our official inclusion in the ASX200 listing/trading platform scheme of things ... GLTLTH's ..... personally, I would like to see us trading at the $1.00 level this week.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Labsy

Regular
I jumped into bitcoin for the 1st time when it hit $30,000 and will be happy to buy more during the fall
Ill consider buying bitcoin when it drops to $100 in another 5 months. No offence though. It's bombing. There are big plays happening by world big boys and girls

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom