BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

The buildout of the edge is driving a slew of new challenges and opportunities across the chip industry. Sailesh Chittipeddi, executive vice president at Renesas Electronics America, talks about the shift toward more AI-centric workloads rather than CPU-centric, why embedded computing is becoming the foundation of all intelligences, and the importance of software, security, and user experience in shaping this part of the market.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

Dang Son

Regular
Elon is still on the case to buy Merc.
Obviously he's impressed with electric concept because they use Akida.
Imo this would be good for Merc if they could use Tesla's Superchargers and good for us if he uses some Merc tech like Akida

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

Labsy

Regular
So another off topic, a friend told me to invest in crypto 2yrs ago... I am down now 80%.....
That's 800 dollars down the drain :p
(Never invest in garbage... I always knew this was a punt)
Akida Ballista!!!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users
The buildout of the edge is driving a slew of new challenges and opportunities across the chip industry. Sailesh Chittipeddi, executive vice president at Renesas Electronics America, talks about the shift toward more AI-centric workloads rather than CPU-centric, why embedded computing is becoming the foundation of all intelligences, and the importance of software, security, and user experience in shaping this part of the market.

OMFG, WOW!

That is one of the best clips I’ve seen!

The man from Renesas speaks extremely well and clearly defines where we are headed.

I might have to eat humble pie and edit my last post as at 1.30 mark he opines there will be 30 billion end point devices with AI by 2023! 😂 And he would know!

The entire clip is absolutely brilliant!!!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

BaconLover

Founding Member

Please delete this until some of us buy a few more shares, Thank you.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Diogenese

Top 20
@Fact Finder @Diogenese can I get an opinion on this please? ( I know it says massive power consumption but it seems to me this is an assumption by the writer??)

Intel promises 100 billion transistors in the new Ponte Vecchio compute GPU to bring the company into more mainstream AI & high-performance computing applications​

Hi MC,

3D chips bring additional cooling problems because of the lack of surface area per transistor for cooling.

Edit: This is the wrong link: https://www.ieee.org/security-privacy.html

Edit: This is the correct link: https://spectrum.ieee.org/intel-s-exascale-supercomputer-chip-is-a-master-class-in-3d-integration

1655547024460.png

Ponte Vecchio is meant to consume 600 watts, so making sure heat could be extracted from the 3D stack was always a high priority. Intel engineers used tiles that had no other function than to draw heat away from the active chiplets in the design. They also coated the top of the entire chiplet agglomeration in heat-conducting metal, despite the various parts having different heights. Atop that was a solder-based thermal interface material (STIM) and an integrated heat spreader. The different tiles each have different operating-temperature limits under liquid cooling and air cooling, yet this solution managed to keep them all in range, said Gomes.

They needed to call in the air-conditioning and refrigeration engineers!

I'm surprised they didn't call on Peltier.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Please delete this until some of us buy a few more shares, Thank you.
Exactly!

I’m still waiting until December before I can start a SMSF, transfer a bundle of cash over and really throw some money into this!

At the moment I’m just buying on a monthly cycle depending on how much I have left after my bills.

It’s killing me knowing I’m gonna be paying double/triple or more than what it is now !

🤣

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Elon is still on the case to buy Merc.
Obviously he's impressed with electric concept because they use Akida.
Imo this would be good for Merc if they could use Tesla's Superchargers and good for us if he uses some Merc tech like Akida

Yeah Nah.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I agree with you FF, (which is not unusual as an understatement you generally put forward a persuasive argument). 😂

The language and accurate descriptions reveals some knowledge/research for the article which is far greater than some WANCA’s efforts.

I hope you’re right. Most are anticipating explosive growth; so 500 commercial prospects would be that big I don’t even have a word for it! (Most likely Wiltzy’s green baby flying a rocket ship would best fit) 😂

Realistically I think when the term explosive growth reflects the contracts (with NDA’s and increased interest for Akida not necessarily product launches for the short term. Not that I think anyone is trying to mislead us at all, I think it’s perspective or context the term was used in. This is because of the long lead in times required for product design/manufacturing.

However I am expecting a few products e.g. Renasas and likely 2 or 3 unknowns throughout the year which will strengthen and grow the SP.

It’s boring I know and I have to work at keeping my wife (and adult children who have invested as well) as excited about this investment but I’m patiently waiting until 2024 to really see the SP go vertical via autonomous vehicles and Valeo.

When US Defence via contractors starts implementing products it will be massive also.

I believe it will be well worth the wait!

Thanks for all your posts though FF. I enjoy reading them as they are very entertaining and informative!

Cheers

The Akida Enablement Platform is here:
https://brainchip.com/products/

1655548681648.png

So ball park figures:

Assume 500 customers at 2 customer engineer weeks per customer = 1000 customer engineer weeks
20 customer service engineers
50 weeks

That's a full year for 20 customer service engineers - without time to scratch themselves.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Fox151

Regular

There's that word ubiquitous popping up again. I haven't heard it used in years... now all of a sudden, it's everywhere...

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Exactly!

I’m still waiting until December before I can start a SMSF, transfer a bundle of cash over and really throw some money into this!

At the moment I’m just buying on a monthly cycle depending on how much I have left after my bills.

It’s killing me knowing I’m gonna be paying double/triple or more than what it is now !

🤣
Can you not transfer shares into SMF? or does that trigger tax issues?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
There's that word ubiquitous popping up again. I haven't heard it used in years... now all of a sudden, it's everywhere...
Now look what you've made me do again - it's always been everywhere.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Can you not transfer shares into SMF? or does that trigger tax issues?
I’m an employee of the Government and my current super is governed by legislation which says I can’t touch it. I have been told there is some pending legislation due to change that in November, so all going well I’ll be able to move it then. I’ve got 30+ years saved and I’ve been contributing 15% for ever up so I could substantially increase my holdings if it comes off.

So I’m in two minds about price increases at the moment! I do want them; but then I don’t 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users

Thank you for sharing this!!!
I can see how brilliant this is just by picking up on a few key words (I’m just a scientist 😂).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Hi MC,

3D chips bring additional cooling problems because of the lack of surface area per transistor for cooling.

https://www.ieee.org/security-privacy.html

View attachment 9623

Ponte Vecchio is meant to consume 600 watts, so making sure heat could be extracted from the 3D stack was always a high priority. Intel engineers used tiles that had no other function than to draw heat away from the active chiplets in the design. They also coated the top of the entire chiplet agglomeration in heat-conducting metal, despite the various parts having different heights. Atop that was a solder-based thermal interface material (STIM) and an integrated heat spreader. The different tiles each have different operating-temperature limits under liquid cooling and air cooling, yet this solution managed to keep them all in range, said Gomes.

This is one impressive beast you could probably speed up global warming and get it over and done with much faster and it would be one less thing to worry about. 🤓

Do these large multi nationals not have a clue about global power production. It’s like they are trying to see who can turn the lights off first.

Maybe they could attach the data centres to homeless shelters and keep them warm in winter until the power runs out.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Good morning good night good evening I am in the US currently and will be speaking to the market owners to stop the bear market. I am going to NY today. Because of jetlag I have not slept

57682F1D-1B12-458B-B9FD-A57D2F3A118C.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Not sure if it's applicable to your situation but I just started a Direct Investment Option in my Super Fund.
Might be worth checking if your Fund has that option .
Cheers, I’ve been harassing my Super Fund for 12 months now: I’m stuck with it at the moment! 🤪

Reactions: 3 users

M_C

Founding Member
Hi MC,

https://www.ieee.org/security-privacy.html

View attachment 9623

Haha thanks mate.

While I'm about...........

This is pretty interesting..... wouldn't be surprised at all if we were involved

Pure speculation.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

M_C

Founding Member
Haha thanks mate.

While I'm about...........

This is pretty interesting..... wouldn't be surprised at all if we were involved

Pure speculation.

Screenshot_20220618-213658_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire

Labsy

Regular
So another off topic, a friend told me to invest in crypto 2yrs ago... I am down now 80%.....
That's 800 dollars down the drain :p
(Never invest in garbage... I always knew this was a punt)
Akida Ballista!!!
Sorry guys, don't mean to upset anyone invested in crypto, but watching it right now and really crashing. The reason I am bringing this up is because there will be many ex crypto guys n gal's looking to recover funds elsewhere..... how many stocks in the asx or anywhere else in the world currenlty show as much promise as our little ripper BRN hmmm?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
Top Bottom