BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Is this akida chip guys?
Hi 85,

No.

1644409843640.png

This is what Akida one-shot learning and CNN-toSNN supercedes.

Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Taproot

Regular
Good Afternoon Chippers,

What a day, not 1 but two great interviews.
WOOOHooo.

On a different note today I found out via google...

1, Xilinx , NASDAQ code ( XLNX ) has been taken over by AMD.
Merger..
$ 35,000,000,000.00 USD. Equivalent.
Combined entity of some $135 billion USD.
* BLOOMBERG article
Dated Jan 27th 2022.

2, Allegidly TESLA is mulling over buying MERCEDES-BENZ.
* Allegidly under USA security law a American company can utilise upto 20% Of their market cap for aqusitions, without shareholder approval.

TESLA . Roughly $1 trillion market cap.
20% = $200 Billion

MERCEDES-BENZ .
Roughly $90 Billion.

*From a popup news article today. I forgot to get the author / source.

3, TESLA, today had another car accident.
Allegidly the TESLA driver was watching a movie, whilst driving, when his car hit a stationary police car.

* Source, saw it on the midday news.

Will be interesting to watch the markets tonight.

Regards,
Esq.
Re: Xilinx
AMD Takeover
35 Billion USD

Christoph Fritsch, Senior Director for industrial, scientific and medical business at Xilinx, added, “Xilinx is at the forefront of artificial intelligence acceleration. BrainChip’s spiking neural network technology is unique in its ability to provide outstanding performance while avoiding the math intensive, power hungry, and high-cost downsides of deep learning in convolutional neural networks.”

September 12 2017

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Taproot

Regular
Hi John,

Just to clarify YOLO v5 is the architecture. Think of it as an alternative neural network model to MobileNet, which can also be run on Akida.

I've said this before but I suspect we'll see Edge Impulse emerge as a partner at some stage.

They have a fairly simple interface which allows users with next to no coding experience to setup their own microcontrollers (like Raspberry Pi's) for machine learning. You can literally drag and drop data onto their site and it will do all the hard work for you.
Edge Impulse already in bed with Brainchip
Podcast 7
6.40 min mark

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Taproot

Regular
Edge Impulse already in bed with Brainchip
Podcast 7
6.40 min mark

The Edge Impulse " hardware partner ecosystem" is pretty impressive for a small private Californian start up that's only been around for a couple of years.

Nordic Semiconductor,
Syntiant,
Nvidia,
Himax,
Sony,
Arduino,
OpenMV,
Raspberry Pi,
Texas Instruments,
Silicon Labs,
ST Micro.

The founders of Edge + other main players are ex ARM

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Taproot

Regular
Re: Xilinx
AMD Takeover
35 Billion USD

Christoph Fritsch, Senior Director for industrial, scientific and medical business at Xilinx, added, “Xilinx is at the forefront of artificial intelligence acceleration. BrainChip’s spiking neural network technology is unique in its ability to provide outstanding performance while avoiding the math intensive, power hungry, and high-cost downsides of deep learning in convolutional neural networks.”

September 12 2017
Xilinx + Mercedes Benz
May 2020
Daimler " in car AI System "

Reactions: 12 users

Potato

Regular
Should be interesting to hear what Sean says at the interview tomorrow

Reactions: 2 users

Reuben

Founding Member
My thoughts on the wall street interview with Sean. One of the best interviews from Brainchip for me.
Again just my thoughts- DYOR

11.45 - "Mercedes has made a refrence to us, we are not allowed to talk about our relationship there"

12.40 - "we have done some prototypes with a company reg smell sense (medical) whether it is COVID or NOT COVID"

12.58 - "We are also working with some potential customers on sound reg failure of mechanical (locomotive)"

14.29 - we are expecting revenue this year for sure.

16.11 - we are just seeing some interesting used cases such as drones.

18.20 "There is literally nothing quite like this in the market today. It is that transformational that we're out there to do that, and some of the most forward thinking companies in the world and governments are looking at this and testing it. and trying it and in some cases buying it.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 60 users
This from Sean in the Wall St interview helps explain why more adoption announcements have not yet been made IMO.

"...sometimes such advanced technology, it takes time to work its way through the organisations that are going to consume. Because it's so new and so advanced, it takes some time for them to get comfortable with it...when you're always the leader of the pack, you have to do an amount of education..."

Maybe this was part of Rob's agenda on his trip to Silicone Valley?

DYOR
LTS

Last edited:
Reactions: 35 users

Dolci

Regular
AKIDA ???

GT Sophy mastered Gran Turismo through hours of practice. As with other recent feats of AI gameplay, this involved training an algorithm known as a neural network to improve its operation of the game’s controls by providing positive and negative feedback. The approach, known as reinforcement learning, is inspired by the way animals respond to success and failure in the real world. Although it is decades old, the method has come to the fore in recent years, thanks to more sophisticated algorithms, more powerful computers, and more copious training data.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 33 users

Flenton

Regular
May be that's why Renesas ''jumped'' in?
If my memory serves me correctly there was an intrterview with LDN not long after the announcement who seemed almost shocked at how quickly the contract was done.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
If my memory serves me correctly there was an intrterview with LDN not long after the announcement who seemed almost shocked at how quickly the contract was done.
Your memory serves you right.

A big gun wanted in, but didn't want to reveal their name. So Renesas was a perfect hide out. It all makes sense now.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 37 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 72 users
Hi

Thanks for sharing as I haven’t had the opportunity to listen as yet to the interview.
I noted that Sean said ‘…in some cases buying it’. I would be curious to know who isn’t buying it, why (do they not understand the tech and what competitive advantage it can create, are they testing something superior - which I doubt, but nonetheless the thought has crossed my mind) and what can we do, pivot, to get these potential customers onboard to saturate the market.

Cheers
You could read it as two categories:

1. Those that have tested it and are buying it; and

2. Those that are still testing it like the recently announced US Airforce Research Project and the ongoing program with NASA.

That was my take on what the CEO Sean Hehir said.

Governments and the Military are notoriously slow in their acquisition of new technology.

Here in NSW the Government and NSW Police took five years to test and eventually take up the Subaru WRX for use by the Highway Patrol. They took a similar amount of time to acquire the 5 Series BMW.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 27 users

stockduck

Regular
I`dont know, if someone could help me here. In the regional news fom Stuttgart, Germany today is mentioned that Robert Bosch GmbH wants to hire about 1000 engineers for special software knowledge. And in the Video you can see a self parking wonderful car. Then they open up the trunk.
You can see all the built up technical systems...and on a small platine of semicunducters on the right side, it seems to be Akida with the lettering brainchip on top of this chip. I don`t know if my conclusion is true, maybe somone has a good picturesoftware and we can see it clear and sharp.
Anybody wants to help?
Here ist the link to the news from Bosch today:

go to 19:11 Min

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 46 users

Rayz

Xilinx is a recent theme which we have been seeing lately so I went looking, looks like we have a history. ''Brainchip accelerator powered by Xilinx''

View attachment 681

All that info I and others like Uiux have posted up relevant info before resent was in last few days AMD is are taking over Xilinx There is a Familiy of Ultra scale

Reactions: 7 users
I`dont know, if someone could help me here. In the regional news fom Stuttgart, Germany today is mentioned that Robert Bosch GmbH wants to hire about 1000 engineers for special software knowledge. And in the Video you can see a self parking wonderful car. Then they open up the trunk.
You can see all the built up technical systems...and on a small platine of semicunducters on the left side, it seems to be Akida with the lettering brainchip on top of this chip. I don`t know if my conclusion is true, maybe somone has a good picturesoftware an we can see it clear and sharp.
Anybody wants to help?

Hi SD
The video you have attached does not include the boot scene. Can you check and repost.
FF

Reactions: 9 users

kenjikool

Regular
You can see all the built up technical systems...and on a small platine of semicunducters on the left side, it seems to be Akida with the lettering brainchip on top of this chip. I don`t know if my conclusion is true, maybe somone has a good picturesoftware an we can see it clear and sharp.
Anybody wants to help?

I don't see a video of them opening up a boot?

Reactions: 3 users

AkidaSan

Emerged

stockduck

Regular
Anybody wants to help?

Sorry if I failed here but it is exciting times on boad of brainchip.....

Top Bottom