BRN Discussion Ongoing

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Proga

Regular
I can't find StradVision here yet. In 2019, they have established a collaboration. Unfortunately, I don't have time right now to check if Akida plays a role in StradVision. Maybe the 1000 eyes can take a look?

"Renesas, StradVision team on smart cameras for next-gen ADAS​

By Spencer ChinSep 26, 2019 08:02pm
Semiconductor supplier Renesas Electronics Corporation has announced an agreement with StradVision, Inc., a vision processing technology solutions provider, to jointly develop a deep learning-based object recognition solution for smart cameras used in next-generation advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) applications and cameras for ADAS Level 2 and above autonomous vehicles.

StradVision’s deep learning–based object recognition software has been optimized for Renesas R-Car automotive system-on-chip (SoC) products R-Car V3H and R-Car V3M, which have an established track record in mass-produced vehicles. These R-Car devices incorporate a dedicated engine for deep learning processing called CNN-IP (Convolution Neural Network Intellectual Property), enabling them to run StradVision’s SVNet automotive deep learning network at high speed with minimal power consumption. The object recognition solution realizes deep learning–based object recognition while maintaining low power consumption, suiting it for mass-produced vehicles and encouraging ADAS adoption.

StradVision’s SVNet deep learning software is highly regarded for its recognition precision in low-light environments and its ability to deal with occlusion when objects are partially hidden by other objects. The basic software package for the R-Car V3H performs simultaneous vehicles, person and lane recognition, processing the image data at a rate of 25 frames per second, enabling swift evaluation and POC development. Using these capabilities as a basis, developers can customize the software with the addition of signs, markings and other objects as recognition targets.

In addition to the CNN-IP dedicated deep learning module, the Renesas R-Car V3H and R-Car V3M feature the IMP-X5 image recognition engine. Combining deep learning-based complex object recognition and highly verifiable image recognition processing with man-made rules allows designers to build a robust system. In addition, the on-chip image signal processor (ISP) is designed to convert sensor signals for image rendering and recognition processing, making it possible to configure a system using inexpensive cameras without built-in ISPs, reducing the overall bill-of-materials (BOM) cost."
https://www.fierceelectronics.com/e...advision-team-smart-cameras-for-next-gen-adas
https://stradvision.com/

added:

StradVision to collaborate with leading custom SoC supplier Socionext to provide efficient ADAS solutions

"StradVision's software is being deployed on 9 million vehicles worldwide and is serviced by their over 120 employees in Seoul, San Jose, Tokyo, and Munich. The company received the 2020 Autonomous Vehicle Technology ACES Award in Autonomy (Software Category)."
Hi Cosors,

They're using a CNN-IP dedicated deep learning module for their cameras not SNN so I don't think they're using Akida. It looks like they are targeting cheaper models (niche market) not looking to go fully autonomous or past ADAS Level 3. Very basic hands off stuff and auto parking at this stage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

cosors

👀
Hi Cosors,

They're using a CNN-IP dedicated deep learning module for their cameras not SNN so I don't think they're using Akida. It looks like they are targeting cheaper models (niche market) not looking to go fully autonomous or past ADAS Level 3. Very basic hands off stuff and auto parking at this stage.
My thought exactly... But the R&D department at ZF does not stand still and it is almost impossible for me to find out anything. The info above was meant by me rather in the direction of competitors, even if they themselves write only software. Thanks for the hint! That's exactly what I meant with the request to the 1000 eyes. The articles are 2-3 years old and the development is crazy fast. I'm on the road and there is no fun in the research.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
She scares me in some sort of weird way!
I usually watch her videos on mute 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

cosors

👀
Hey all!

I've been working on a small project - hopefully something useful for you all and for future investors of BRN. It's a small website that has a BRN timeline of important past and future events, and a few links etc. I made it so that we can have a quick reference of important BRN information and an easy way to introduce people to BRN.

https://akida.io/

Hopefully it's going to be useful. I have done my best to include as much as I can initially and will keep adding as new things come up.

A big thank you to TSE's "Founding Members" for their ideas and support and also to @Esq.111 for providing a list of upcoming events and @Fact Finder for allowing me to share his "The Brainchip Story".

I have made it on behalf of and for all of us shareholders and BRN supporters, so if there's anything you would like added or changed feel free to let me know!

Also a big Thank You to all of the 1000 eyes, your work is amazing and I love reading it all every day!

AKIDA BALLISTA

GR.
@zeeb0t Is it possible to integrate this timeline or page and additionally the ICEBERG picture from @BaconLover in the BRN thread so that it is always visible like the MUST READ thread? Maybe two integrated buttons?

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I usually watch her videos on mute 🥰
Makes sense. Extremely intelligent women can be very intimidating to men. At least that’s what I’ve been told on more than one occasion. 😝

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 29 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Makes sense. Extremely intelligent women can be very intimidating to men. At least that’s what I’ve been told on more than one occasion.
May be I've been told too on more than one occasion.
But luckily I've never heard it.

• Haha
  • Fire

Proga

Regular
My thought exactly... But the R&D department at ZF does not stand still and it is almost impossible for me to find out anything. The info above was meant by me rather in the direction of competitors, even if they themselves write only software. Thanks for the hint! That's exactly what I meant with the request to the 1000 eyes. The articles are 2-3 years old and the development is crazy fast. I'm on the road and there is no fun in the research.
I see what you mean. Would be interesting to know if their software is compatible with SNN and compares with RISC-V

Reactions: 5 users
Reactions: 6 users

JoMo68

Regular
  • Haha
  • Thinking

JoMo68

Regular
Found some money in the sofa today and decided to buy some buttcoin instead lol
OMG, where the heck do you get those sofas! I’ve been looking everywhere!

• Haha
  • Wow
OMG, where the heck do you get those sofas! I’ve been looking everywhere!
Wow. Was just going to make a funny and say deceased estate auctions. Which made me do a google search and up pops a bunch of old school cameras Leica models. I've got a few of those in the shed which I'll now need to dig out.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
Auto correct is also against me. It's been one heel of a way.
Not the slightest problem for me! English is my weakness. There is something that sometimes effectively protects my brain from misunderstanding. My highly trained recognition system with one shot learning filters for me and has not allowed me to get it wrong.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
  • Haha

cosors

👀
You probably know this inside out, but I doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised if the ASIC Cs chatted with investors at the golf course about how best to make money. That you can do nothing at all except offer maybe more is a shame.
"On balance, ASIC has come down in favour of treating even activist short sellers as a positive element in a properly functioning market."

Also absolutely new for me;-)
TMH: "***************** adheres to ASIC (Australian Securities & Investments Commission) Guideline 162 for Internet discussion sites."

funny too:
https://asic.gov.au/regulatory-reso...tory-guides/rg-162-internet-discussion-sites/
______
👆 ***? zeeb0t, you are brilliant!

• Fire
  • Love

Dhm

Regular
I’m in London for a holiday to catch up with family, and I saw this sign. I’m pretty sure the message isn’t what we want it to be, but one day, I’m sure soon enough, another major company will announce just what we want to hear. Patiently waiting
96F43171-A115-4382-9AE6-B947A5D99425.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
  • Fire
The Fed raised the interest rate by 0.75% which the markets will like, as they are showing they are "serious" about fighting inflation.
The interest rate is still far too low to really fight it, but the markets will take anything.

Might still be a bit Rocky, due to fear of the effects of higher interest, but runaway inflation is worse, so I'm betting, on more well behaved markets for now.

Combined with just two more days, before Brainchip's next step higher, into the ASX200..
I think the shorters, will have had their day in the Sun for now, although things may still get quite a bit warmer for them 🔥🔥🔥 .. Well here's hoping 😛

An announcement, tomorrow or Friday please!
Next generation AKIDA, loaded and ready, will do nicely 😉

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users
They seem to think neuromorphic computing is inevitable.

At least we can agree on that.

View attachment 9442
Plenty of interesting technology in that pdf. I'm blown away by the technology advancements that are poping up.
Screenshot_2022-06-16-04-24-41-05.jpg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom