BRN Discussion Ongoing

mrgds

Regular
Just had a thought when autonomous driving is at level 5 will you still need a licence to drive a vehicle? 🤔

Edit...🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️ Lol serious question.
I guess to jump into a "fully autonomous vehicle" you wouldn"t need a license,

THO, .............. im hanging onto mine, as when i get this "BAD BOY" im gunna drive it like i stole it.
Screenshot (34).png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
I guess to jump into a "fully autonomous vehicle" you wouldn"t need a license,

THO, .............. im hanging onto mine, as when i get this "BAD BOY" im gunna drive it like i stole it.
View attachment 9349
Riding shotgun. Called it first 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

"The Sonos voice engine processes your voice and understands your requests entirely on the speaker. No audio or transcript is sent to the cloud, stored, listened to, read or labeled by anyone, so all the conversations in a user’s home remain in the home."

I'm not tech savvy enough to know if this sort of feature is capable without brainchip but it caught my interest nonetheless.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
F

Filobeddo

Marketing is a strange world:

“Upon joining the executive team at BrainChip, a key priority was to reframe and rebrand the company”, said Jerome Nadel, CMO at BrainChip. “Heavenly guided us through the process of codifying our existential truth to simplify the articulation of what we do, and why it’s important. The complexity of neuromorphic computing was simplified to learning to do less, and essentiality. This was beautifully expressed in narrative and visuals. We’ve leveraged this positioning across all aspects of our business”.

BrainChip is the antidote to more. To more devices. More data. More demands on the data center. The technology brings common sense to the processing of sensor data, freeing machines to do more with less,” explained Sunderland. “From there, machines are able to infer the big picture from the basics. We branded this ‘Essential AI’. Essential is optimizing compute. Maximizing performance. Minimizing power. In the real world. And in real time.”

I‘m with you on that FF

Dream gig just changing some font and a few colours 😉

Attachments

• 41BD2CE0-1A45-4412-AD0A-725A2DD80AF0.jpeg
    41BD2CE0-1A45-4412-AD0A-725A2DD80AF0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
During the terrible bushfires that savaged Australia there was much calling out of the super wealthy of Australian business for allegedly failing to step up and donate to the recovery effort.

Much has been written over the years about the absence of a culture of philanthropy in Australia amongst our rich.

The following article from 2021 sets out one wealthy individuals perspective on the absence of this culture:

https://www.afr.com/wealth/people/t...e-wealthy-did-the-right-thing-20210513-p57rh6

Don’t be put off by the fact that it is an AFR article as the author is independent of the organisation.

In reading this article you will note that Peter van der Made’s paper wealth falls well short of the group being targeted by the author in fact about 100 million dollars short.

Peter van der Made’s donation pushes very close to 2% of his now paper wealth and in doing so outshines the efforts of many of those referenced in the article.

The fact that a tin pot organisation run by a windsurfer can publish the sort of rubbish it does speaks to the deep seated it’s all about me culture that masquerades as sophisticated financial expertise in this country.

The actions of Peter van der Made and his family in donating to charity should have been lauded by the financial industry but all we have heard is crickets beyond this scurrilous piece of gutter journalism.

The silence of all the other rags and authors at Motley Fool, ***************** and The Financial Review is as bad as it evidences they have no interest in promoting a higher standard amongst the wealthy in Australia.

Their complete silence tells me everything I need to know about their ethical standards and reveals an existential truth about the level of moral corruption in the financial services industry in Australia.

My opinion only.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

Akida27

@Brainchip just ticked over 6,000 followers on Twitter. 10k by years end I reckon 👍🏼

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Which now brings me to think will there be an age limit. I can just imagine some cashed up 12 yr old cruising to the local Macca's to pick up some burgers in his fully autonomous akida tricked out vehicle.😂
Maybe that's a possibility, if safety is better than a human ever can be with the AI, it should recognise the main driver over a 12 year old hijacking mum and dad's car. Also maybe parents can loan the car to their children to drive them to school or a friends etc, setup a geofence where the kids can and cannot go, if the AI becomes smart and we all become passenger then age is pointless. 🤔

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
Maybe that's a possibility, if safety is better than a human ever can be with the AI, it should recognise the main driver over a 12 year old hijacking mum and dad's car. Also maybe parents can loan the car to their children to drive them to school or a friends etc, setup a geofence where the kids can and cannot go, if the AI becomes smart and we all become passenger then age is pointless. 🤔
The Level 5 autonomous vehicle is no longer an automobile in the traditional sense of that word it will be a personal transportation device.

It will be a taxi and nothing more. As the owner/parent it will be personalised to the owner by the owner and only those authorised will be transported by it.

Old thinking about obtaining a drivers licence being a right of passage, a coming of age a gaining of freedom will disappear from our culture.

This however despite statements from some in the industry is at least thirty years away perhaps longer even in developed countries.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Worker122

Regular
During the terrible bushfires that savaged Australia there was much calling out of the super wealthy of Australian business for allegedly failing to step up and donate to the recovery effort.

Much has been written over the years about the absence of a culture of philanthropy in Australia amongst our rich.

The following article from 2021 sets out one wealthy individuals perspective on the absence of this culture:

https://www.afr.com/wealth/people/t...e-wealthy-did-the-right-thing-20210513-p57rh6

Don’t be put off by the fact that it is an AFR article as the author is independent of the organisation.

In reading this article you will note that Peter van der Made’s paper wealth falls well short of the group being targeted by the author in fact about 100 million dollars short.

Peter van der Made’s donation pushes very close to 2% of his now paper wealth and in doing so outshines the efforts of many of those referenced in the article.

The fact that a tin pot organisation run by a windsurfer can publish the sort of rubbish it does speaks to the deep seated it’s all about me culture that masquerades as sophisticated financial expertise in this country.

The actions of Peter van der Made and his family in donating to charity should have been lauded by the financial industry but all we have heard is crickets beyond this scurrilous piece of gutter journalism.

The silence of all the other rags and authors at Motley Fool, ***************** and The Financial Review is as bad as it evidences they have no interest in promoting a higher standard amongst the wealthy in Australia.

Their complete silence tells me everything I need to know about their ethical standards and reveals an existential truth about the level of moral corruption in the financial services industry in Australia.

My opinion only.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Spot on FF, Hoping someone somewhere in amongst that lot read your sentiments and takes the lead in a more proactive approach to helping others. The shining light waaay ahead of them all is PVDM.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs

My opinion only.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Nailed it, as we've come to, not only expect but also to take on board and learn from.
Cheers FF.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Just had a thought when autonomous driving is at level 5 will you still need a licence to drive a vehicle? 🤔

Edit...🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️🕵️‍♂️ Lol serious question.
Edit number 2... Why is this a haha reaction post?🤣
I assume you don’t need to have a license to ride in the back seat of a taxi or bus, regardless of there being a human driver or not.

If sitting behind the steering wheel, I assume you may need a license as you can take-over control at any time.

But then Elon has a plan to produce a cheap car that does not have a steering wheel. So maybe then you can sit in the front seat without a license.

Maybe there will be different categories of licenses, as exist today with manual and automatic endorsed licenses.

Possibly a legal can-o-worms proving who was at fault too! But fully autonomous does mean zero human interaction, so,the fault should return to the car manufacturer/engineers/designers. Again, back to the taxi analogy. If a taxi is involved in an accident, the passenger is not at fault. And in a fully autonomous vehicle, you truly are just a passenger!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
The Level 5 autonomous vehicle is no longer an automobile in the traditional sense of that word it will be a personal transportation device.

It will be a taxi and nothing more. As the owner/parent it will be personalised to the owner by the owner and only those authorised will be transported by it.

Old thinking about obtaining a drivers licence being a right of passage, a coming of age a gaining of freedom will disappear from our culture.

This however despite statements from some in the industry is at least thirty years away perhaps longer even in developed countries.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I think it's going to be some time before Level 5 can work in a situation like this??

Bangkok.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

"The Sonos voice engine processes your voice and understands your requests entirely on the speaker. No audio or transcript is sent to the cloud, stored, listened to, read or labeled by anyone, so all the conversations in a user’s home remain in the home."

I'm not tech savvy enough to know if this sort of feature is capable without brainchip but it caught my interest nonetheless.
Not AKIDA yet. They use ARM for their hardware so AKIDA IP on ARM hardware would significantly upgrade their offerings and dramatically reduce power consumption.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Marketing is a strange world:

“Upon joining the executive team at BrainChip, a key priority was to reframe and rebrand the company”, said Jerome Nadel, CMO at BrainChip. “Heavenly guided us through the process of codifying our existential truth to simplify the articulation of what we do, and why it’s important. The complexity of neuromorphic computing was simplified to learning to do less, and essentiality. This was beautifully expressed in narrative and visuals. We’ve leveraged this positioning across all aspects of our business”.

BrainChip is the antidote to more. To more devices. More data. More demands on the data center. The technology brings common sense to the processing of sensor data, freeing machines to do more with less,” explained Sunderland. “From there, machines are able to infer the big picture from the basics. We branded this ‘Essential AI’. Essential is optimizing compute. Maximizing performance. Minimizing power. In the real world. And in real time.”
For those who find it difficult to get the message, maybe
“Ubiquitois Essential AI Everywhere”.

Yes I am aware of the redundant repetition, it was intentional. As was that. And that!

Followed up with “You may not know you want it, but we know you need it. It’s in its name—it’s essential!”.

Or perhaps a seemingly malapropism that makes more sense than using a commonly known saying — “Take the leap onto the edge”

”To the edge and beyond.”

Infinity seems a bit of overkill.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Not AKIDA yet. They use ARM for their hardware so AKIDA IP on ARM hardware would significantly upgrade their offerings and dramatically reduce power consumption.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks for clarifying, FF.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

GrandRhino

Founding Member
Wonderful. Thank you.

I love it. Thank you. It was an answer to my earlier post from a week or so ago, perhaps....or if not, then just a coincidence. Regardless...well done.
Could I request the addition of an entry?........place around Dec/Jan 2022 time, when Mercedes came out with the stunning EQXX news which then catapulted stock price from 60 cents area to 2.30 +/- .

dippY previous;y wrote,....." Your "milestone" comment got me to thinking about timelines. Timelines are a way to visually see the progress of something, right? Well, in a similar way that the tip of the iceberg graphic visually presents companies with a Brainchip connection on one simple image, a Brainchip timeline might...

Yes, I think it was you dippy! I remember that comment you made now, and I think there were a few similar leading up to it that got me thinking about the idea. (y)

Thanks for the Merc addition, good one! I've added it.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Yes I have let them know and Tony Dawe has been tasked however this fly by night organisation do not like the idea that someone might want to speak face to face so adopt a very stealth identity off line.

ANY information the true techies here can uncover and send to Tony Dawe would be appreciated I am sure.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I gave them some negative feedback also. In it I said they should read ASX announcements before posting lies.

It truly astounds me (actually it disgusts me) how such purely philanthropic actions can get such bad press!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

VictorG

I learn something new everyday...

So apparently its possible to berth my yacht "The Akida Seas" in Portofino.

1655256851431.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Reuben

Founding Member
Linkedin post put up by The Chief Software Officer at Mercedes Benz - promoting "Hey Mercedes" - and by the looks of it the "Hey Mercedes" function in the EQXX will leap frog the features in the current "Hey Mercedes" function multiple time over plus add to that the power efficiency as well and Smarter :cool:

link to the linkedinpost - https://www.linkedin.com/posts/magnus-östberg_dataquality-mercedesbenz-activity-6942423611311861760-d8JG?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web

1655258156211.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
Top Bottom