BRN Discussion Ongoing

mcm

Regular
Checking the Dow futures bought a smile to my face even though things can still change rapidly prior to open tonight. Dow currently up around 285 points and the Nasdaq 153. I think those who bought BRN sub 80c today will reap some big rewards going forwards. I for one bought more at 79c and can't believe someone was willing to sell them to me at that price.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Afternoon Diogenese,

Tesla's autopilot features disengaged " less than one second prior to the FIRST IMPACT".

This would explain why when a TESLA hit a private jet on the tarmac, the car stopped then gave it another nudge before stopping.

Sorry, could not help myself.
* mabey one of our tech savey could put the vidio up, for research purposes.
Incident happened within the last year.

Reading prior posts on the amount of accidents from / whilst in a TESLA automible I was amazed at the relatively few accidents.
Something like 100 accidents & one fatality from something like 730,000 vehicles.??.
Might be just me , yet I find this incredible low.
Would love to know how many accidents are are the result of normal car's ( standard old school cars without all the gadgets).

TESLA. One death in 730,000 cars on the road is equal to something in the order of one tenthousanth of one percent fatality rate, roughly.

& 100 crashes per 730,000 TESLA'S is roughly to a little over one hundredth of one percent strike rate.

Belive there is a pilot or two amoungst the Chippers here, what is the accident rate in the aviation field, Excluding rouge TESLA'S.

Either way it is an amazing feat of human engineering / electrical engineering.

Though, ELON, you know you can do better. 😁 .

Regards,
Esq.
Is it this video ?

But it’s all OK, apparently the user manual has warnings about this. So Elon is covered.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Quercuskid

Regular
Checking the Dow futures bought a smile to my face even though things can still change rapidly prior to open tonight. Dow currently up around 285 points and the Nasdaq 153. I think those who bought BRN sub 80c today will reap some big rewards going forwards. I for one bought more at 79c and can't believe someone was willing to sell them to me at that price.
Managed to buy at $0.77 😃

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
MEEE TOO hehe

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Hi Bravo,

. videantis has been recognized with the Red Herring Award

It sounds like it's really not something you'd boast about - a bit like the Razzies or the Ernies from the sound of it.

View attachment 9255
What I found was that Nviso used to be a partner from 2020 but has switched to AKIDA.

The other interesting thing is not one word about the actual power consumption can I find.

The other interesting thing it is for use within Tempo not for general market.

And Valeo have adopted AKIDA after being engaged with both programs for about the same time.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Not sure if we're involved in this in some way (through Valeo), or if we should be worried about it in terms of competition?

TEMPO AI Chip Tapes Out with videantis Processor Platform​

News, Processors, videantis / June 9, 2022

TEMPO_Logo-e1607520447178-768x622-1.jpg

Hannover, Germany, June 09, 2022 – videantis GmbH, a leading supplier of deep learning, computer vision, image processing, and video coding solutions, today announced the tape-out of a low-power AI chip based on its v-MP6000UDX unified processing platform. The chip development is part of the European TEMPO project and targets several autonomous driving use cases. TEMPO (Technology and hardware for neuromorphic computing) is an ECSEL JU project supported by the EU Horizon 2020 programme and by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
The tape-out of the AI chip has been achieved together with the Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS. It constitutes an important milestone of the collaborative research project TEMPO on its way to strengthening the European semiconductor supply chain. Together with automotive application partners like Valeo and InnoSenT, the AI chip will be used within the TEMPO project to accelerate deep learning inference for automotive use cases at a small silicon footprint and low power consumption which previously required high-end compute devices.
The heart of the AI chip is videantis’ v-MP6000UDX unified processing platform, which will be used to run various neural networks to process radar, lidar or camera data for object detection, classification, and localization. It is a highly scalable multi-core architecture combined with a tailored bus fabric and multi-banked shared on-chip SRAM which delivers exceptional efficiency and performance for a variety of algorithm types, like deep learning, computer vision, image processing and video coding. The project also makes extensive use of videantis’ comprehensive v‑CNNDesigner front-to-end tool flow, offering automatic mapping and optimization of neural networks onto the target architecture without requiring deep programming expertise.

About TEMPO​

TEMPO (Technology and hardware for neuromorphic computing) is a European innovation project. This project has received funding from the ECSEL Joint Undertaking (JU) under grant agreement No 826655. The JU receives support from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, and from Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland. TEMPO was kicked off on the 1st of April 2019 and has a duration of three and a half years. The consortium of this ambitious project consists of no less than nineteen members. Imec takes the lead as the sole Belgian consortium partner. The other consortium members are, for France: CEA-LETI, ST-Microelectronics Crolles, ST-Microelectronics Grenoble, Thales Alenia Space and Valeo. For Germany: Bosch, Fraunhofer EMFT, Fraunhofer IIS, Fraunhofer IPMS, Infineon, Innosent, TU Dresden and videantis. For the Netherlands: imec the Netherlands, Philips Electronics and Philips Medical Systems. For Switzerland: aiCTX and the University of Zürich.
For more information, please visit https://tempo-ecsel.eu/.

About videantis​

Headquartered in Hannover, Germany, videantis GmbH is a leading supplier of deep learning and computer vision solutions based on its unified processing platform. With its processor IP, hardware/software-based solutions for deep learning, computer vision, image processing and video coding, as well as its development tools, videantis globally supports semiconductor manufacturers, automotive OEMs and tier 1 suppliers together with customers in other high-volume embedded markets. videantis has been recognized with the Red Herring Award and multiple Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards as one of the fastest growing technology companies in Ger

Hi @Bravo ,

I haven't found any patents for videantis, but it sounds like they have some sort of GPU with their own NN software.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
What I found was that Nviso used to be a partner from 2020 but has switched to AKIDA.

The other interesting thing is not one word about the actual power consumption can I find.

The other interesting thing it is for use within Tempo not for general market.

And Valeo have adopted AKIDA after being engaged with both programs for about the same time.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Nviso swapping horses in mid-stream is significant.

On their News page, they (videantis) talk about achieving Level 2 automotive certification and also partnering with Continental for cameras.

https://www.videantis.com/news

But they are not to be taken lightly:-

https://www.videantis.com/videantis-passes-milestone-of-enabling-10-million-production-vehicles.html

10 million production vehicles

More than 10 million cars have been shipped with videantis-based chips inside used for ADAS and other high-end applications. Further SOPs coming up in the following months.

Hannover, Germany, February 15, 2021 – videantis, a leading supplier of processor IP for the automotive and other embedded markets, announces that cumulative shipments of production vehicles equipped with videantis processors have surpassed the 10 million unit mark.

"While this milestone is a clear proof of the reliability of our processor IP, tools, and software solutions in a market with highest quality and safety demands, it also motivates us to work even harder towards reaching the next milestone of 100 million videantis-enabled cars in the near future,” said Dr. Hans-Joachim Stolberg, CEO of videantis. “With the rapidly growing production volumes and increasing number of Tier 1s and OEMs employing videantis processors, we are pleased to see that the automotive industry starts to standardize on the videantis processor platform for highest-efficiency solutions. This enables Tier 1s and OEMs to realize even more cost savings for their next-generation systems through significant software reuse by benefiting from the full backward compatibility of our new processor generations.”

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Fredsnugget

Regular
How can that be top 25 shareholders? I personally know holders with more than 198,363 shares who are NOT on that list!
I want to see my name in there between KLP and Goldman Sachs lol. Think their list is a bit flawed

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

mrgds

Regular
Another 50k @ 77.5 for me.
Happy days,

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 32 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Actually is a lie designed to manipulate call it what is.

From the ASX announcement:

“The share donation was approved by the BrainChip board, and the shares were transferred through Share Gift Australia, where they have been sold on market in five tranches of 700,000 shares per tranche, over a five (5) day period between 03 June 2022 and 08 June 2022”

My disgust with how the manipulators get away with it.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
They wouldn't know a noble act ⅝f it kicked them in the face!

• Love
  • Fire

Vojnovic

Regular
Damn, spent a little fortune on booking a holiday yesterday. Would've much rather grown more into today's price.
All this up and down is just inconsequential noise in the grand scheme of things. GLTAH

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Nviso swapping horses in mid-stream is significant.

On their News page, they talk about achieving Level 2 automotive certification and also partnering with Continental for cameras.

https://www.videantis.com/news

But they are not to be taken lightly:-

https://www.videantis.com/videantis-passes-milestone-of-enabling-10-million-production-vehicles.html

10 million production vehicles

More than 10 million cars have been shipped with videantis-based chips inside used for ADAS and other high-end applications. Further SOPs coming up in the following months.

Hannover, Germany, February 15, 2021 – videantis, a leading supplier of processor IP for the automotive and other embedded markets, announces that cumulative shipments of production vehicles equipped with videantis processors have surpassed the 10 million unit mark.

"While this milestone is a clear proof of the reliability of our processor IP, tools, and software solutions in a market with highest quality and safety demands, it also motivates us to work even harder towards reaching the next milestone of 100 million videantis-enabled cars in the near future,” said Dr. Hans-Joachim Stolberg, CEO of videantis. “With the rapidly growing production volumes and increasing number of Tier 1s and OEMs employing videantis processors, we are pleased to see that the automotive industry starts to standardize on the videantis processor platform for highest-efficiency solutions. This enables Tier 1s and OEMs to realize even more cost savings for their next-generation systems through significant software reuse by benefiting from the full backward compatibility of our new processor generations.”

Someone posted yesterday that, at the moment, a UN agency is said to be pushing for authorization of full autonomy on divided roads at 130 kph.

I'll be impressed when we get off-road autonomy.

Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Here’s a white paper released by NVISO this morning, it is all about “Human Behaviour AI for Extreme Edge AI computing”

It’s clear that NVISO has huge plans with Brainchip and also that NVISO is a firm believer that Akida is the answer to todays computing challenges.

I also believe there will be a webinar following this white paper sometime today/this week and will allow for questions so that’s something we can set our calendars for and can ask NVISO some questions.

What do you reckon is going on with that doctor?

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 2.51.33 pm.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Maybe you should compile a list of all the major companies pouring tonnes of money into this field. To sway him over to the enlightenment we are experiencing.
That’s one of the huge problems with university degrees these days, especially technology based ones. They teach from decade-old text books and the lecturers got their own degrees in the previous decade to that.

I wouldn’t call them a bunch of luddites, but from personal experience, you get rewarded for spewing back what was spoken at you during lectures and get punished for thinking outside the box.

IMHO universities have really gone down hill. It’s a damn shame.

• Love
  • Fire
Someone posted yesterday that, at the moment, a UN agency is said to be pushing for authorization of full autonomy on divided roads at 130 kph.

I'll be impressed when we get off-road autonomy.
Be interesting how many speeding motorists try and rely on the UN Agency to say they were entitled to be 20 k's over the limit. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

Hey, out of curiosity, what does everyone think the share price would go to if Tesla partnered with us?

• Fire
  • Love

Diogenese

Top 20
That’s one of the huge problems with university degrees these days, especially technology based ones. They teach from decade-old text books and the lecturers got their own degrees in the previous decade to that.

I wouldn’t call them a bunch of luddites, but from personal experience, you get rewarded for spewing back what was spoken at you during lectures and get punished for thinking outside the box.

IMHO universities have really gone down hill. It’s a damn shame.
In New Scientist years ago, in the letters section, an engineer said that engineers did not read text books because they needed to read the latest journals to keep up to date.

Next issue had a cartoon of a burly bloke in a hard hat at a construction site sitting on a pile of books eating sandwiches from his lunch box with the caption:

"Real engineers don't read books".

(... well you had to be there...).

The rot set in when the free-market fundamentalists were in charge and unis had to become self-funding (along with everything else) - funny taxes didn't go down though?

• Love
  • Haha

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Probably posted a dozen times already. But just in case. Here it is again.
Sorry, can’t help myself. I so wish JASM was Intuitive rather than Advanced. Would have made for a very rememberable acronym.

I’ve been reading posts all day and I’m still a day behind! You lot certainly dig up interesting stuff from the nether reaches of the internet. I’m too scared to not read every post per-chance I miss something important.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom