BRN Discussion Ongoing

ItsKane

Regular
thought he was being a smart arse and "dip stick" as such. As my reply said................MY BAD! :(

Cant even blame the keyboard for the miss placed decimal point, so its my bad eyesight to blame!

Y.
Deleted my comment mate. Mistakes and me are like best buddies, it happens. Have a good weekend everyone. SP movement aside this company is well oiled and ready to roll

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

PLEASE 🙏🙏🙏 Apple announce that you are using Akida​

Machine learning!..... No cloud needed! ... Face recognition!..

The first look at the iPhone 14, months earlier than announcement​

By Trevor Long • Technology Expert
3:05pm Jun 10, 2022

Your iPhone Uses Artificial Intelligence in Ways You Don’t Even Know​

Ralf
BY RALF

May 10, 2022

in Tech news

Reading Time: 4 mins read

Your iPhone Uses Artificial Intelligence in Ways You Don’t Even Know 1
SHARES
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The scope of your iPhone’s AI-Powered features
Most of your iPhone features that make your life easier are powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI). Since the launch of the iOS 10, Apple has been pushing updates in order to enable iPhones to “think differently”. Your iPhone can think on your behalf by understanding where you are, what you’re up to, and what you need to know, in order to help you save time and reduce stress.
Siri as the first AI feature in smart devices

Apple was the first manufacturer to integrate AI in its products with the launch of Siri in July 2014. The initial version of the smart assistant was fraught with imperfections. But over the years, Apple has made great strides in perfecting the technology, leveraging Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Gated Recurrent Units, and other technologies.
However, Apple has remained tight-lipped on the real nature of these enhancements, disclosing just the bare minimum. As such, many iPhone users are hardly aware of the extent to which AI enables features in their phones.
You might be aware of AI-powered Siri features such as suggestions to call your loved ones on their birthdays, suggestions to start a playlist when you’re at the gym, suggestions to turn on the Do Not Disturb feature, etc.
However, there’s a good chance you’re unaware of other AI-powered features your iPhone uses.
9 AI-powered features of iPhones you’re probably unaware of
A screen that lights up automatically when you lift the phone:
iPhone users don’t need to press any button bring their phones to life. iPhones now come with an AI-powered accelerometer which detects movements when you pick up your phone to operate it, waking up the screen automatically. The feature also detects when you put the phone down, dimming the screen light accordingly.
AI-powered task sequences: The new Siri Shortcuts app automates a series of tasks that you string together, and creates a routine which can be activated with touch or voice commands. For instance, you can set a voice command like ‘Waking up’ to trigger a series of actions such as launching the news app, turning on the bathroom’s water heater, etc.
Route suggestions on the Maps app: The Map app is powered by AI to help you negotiate your way around traffic jams during your commute. The app also saves information on your regular routes and will suggest those to you. It also scours through your calendar to prepare directions to meeting venues ahead of time.
Automated text responses: Your text conversations can be guided by your iPhone’s AI-powered texting features. These features can send texts automatically to people you’ve booked an appointment with when you’re running late for meetings, suggest a favorable slot on your calendar to book new meetings, and more.
iPhone AI features

The Photo app’s facial recognition feature: This new feature enables your Photo app to recognize and group photographs of people – for instance, photos of your loved ones, work colleagues, role models, etc. This feature was first released on Apple’s Mac computers. However, it differs from that of the Mac in that it processes photographs locally on the phone, rather than on the cloud, hence allowing for more security and privacy. In addition, the Photo app comes with a new ‘For You’ tab that prompts you to share photographs taken with others, and also suggests to others that they should share their own photographs with you after they receive yours.
Voicemail transcription: Your iPhone can now transcribe your voicemails and automatically save them as texts. This gives you the option of scanning through the written copy of voicemails, in case you find that more convenient than listening to the messages.
Third-party AI-powered features: Apple has released developer tools that allow third-party software developers to integrate Siri suggestions within their apps. With this integration, Siri will note down activities performed by users on various apps, and generate suggestions concerning the use of these third-party apps in the future. Users themselves can ask Siri to bring up such suggestions automatically at any point in time by using the “Add to Siri” buttons found in those apps.
Automated creation of video footage highlights: The new Memories app compiles video snippets and photos of events such as birthday parties, into a highlight video. It uses facial recognition and machine learning to identify and compile snippets and photos that only feature people who are important to you. It also allows you to modify the videos by making them longer or shorter, or by emphasizing particular moments or actions.
The new News App that automatically groups stories: This new automation feature sorts news articles into different groups to allow you easy access to what you’d consider to be most important.
Conclusion
Artificial Intelligence is behind the many automated features of your iPhone. The technology has molded your handset into a virtual assistant of some sort, setting reminders and schedules, and making suggestions even without your request. With frequent updates to your iOS from Apple, your iPhone becomes even smarter, making the interaction between you and your handset more beneficial than having a simple communication device.
Tags: AI ServicesMobile TechsiriSmartphonesVoice assistants
Nothing jumps out at me that says Brainchip.

Apple call everything Ai when clearly it is not just deep training.

When they say your phone will do the above for a week without being recharged then I will become a bit excited. If they add in all these extra features excluding route planning will occur without connection I will become very excited. If they add in it does not get hot against your ear if you are speaking for any length of time and the battery life has been extended because it runs so cool I will be jumping out of my skin.

But what would I know.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

M_C

Founding Member
Not much change out of a $1000 by the time they get Botox and there brows done
He's not joking I remember when he posted a photo of himself getting a pedicure ............:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Ok that's enough. I'm off to optometrist next week to pick up some goggles. These walls of text just blurr out

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

He's not joking I remember when he posted a photo of himself getting a pedicure ............:ROFLMAO:
Yep and I use to have hair before I started investing in BrN
F398025B-C78A-4890-924E-A04DB186E9B8.jpeg

Yes it’s a wig

11974DC8-C69D-4958-BE67-4108A9F72752.jpeg
9362EB0F-7B34-43A7-80EC-CA20129F4248.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users

M_C

Founding Member

Ralf
BY RALF

May 10, 2022

in Tech news

SHARES
VIEWS

Most of your iPhone features that make your life easier are powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI). Since the launch of the iOS 10, Apple has been pushing updates in order to enable iPhones to “think differently”. Your iPhone can think on your behalf by understanding where you are, what you’re up to, and what you need to know, in order to help you save time and reduce stress.

Apple was the first manufacturer to integrate AI in its products with the launch of Siri in July 2014. The initial version of the smart assistant was fraught with imperfections. But over the years, Apple has made great strides in perfecting the technology, leveraging Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Gated Recurrent Units, and other technologies.
However, Apple has remained tight-lipped on the real nature of these enhancements, disclosing just the bare minimum. As such, many iPhone users are hardly aware of the extent to which AI enables features in their phones.
You might be aware of AI-powered Siri features such as suggestions to call your loved ones on their birthdays, suggestions to start a playlist when you’re at the gym, suggestions to turn on the Do Not Disturb feature, etc.
However, there’s a good chance you’re unaware of other AI-powered features your iPhone uses.
iPhone users don’t need to press any button bring their phones to life. iPhones now come with an AI-powered accelerometer which detects movements when you pick up your phone to operate it, waking up the screen automatically. The feature also detects when you put the phone down, dimming the screen light accordingly.
AI-powered task sequences: The new Siri Shortcuts app automates a series of tasks that you string together, and creates a routine which can be activated with touch or voice commands. For instance, you can set a voice command like ‘Waking up’ to trigger a series of actions such as launching the news app, turning on the bathroom’s water heater, etc.
Route suggestions on the Maps app: The Map app is powered by AI to help you negotiate your way around traffic jams during your commute. The app also saves information on your regular routes and will suggest those to you. It also scours through your calendar to prepare directions to meeting venues ahead of time.
Automated text responses: Your text conversations can be guided by your iPhone’s AI-powered texting features. These features can send texts automatically to people you’ve booked an appointment with when you’re running late for meetings, suggest a favorable slot on your calendar to book new meetings, and more.
iPhone AI features

The Photo app’s facial recognition feature: This new feature enables your Photo app to recognize and group photographs of people – for instance, photos of your loved ones, work colleagues, role models, etc. This feature was first released on Apple’s Mac computers. However, it differs from that of the Mac in that it processes photographs locally on the phone, rather than on the cloud, hence allowing for more security and privacy. In addition, the Photo app comes with a new ‘For You’ tab that prompts you to share photographs taken with others, and also suggests to others that they should share their own photographs with you after they receive yours.
Voicemail transcription: Your iPhone can now transcribe your voicemails and automatically save them as texts. This gives you the option of scanning through the written copy of voicemails, in case you find that more convenient than listening to the messages.
Third-party AI-powered features: Apple has released developer tools that allow third-party software developers to integrate Siri suggestions within their apps. With this integration, Siri will note down activities performed by users on various apps, and generate suggestions concerning the use of these third-party apps in the future. Users themselves can ask Siri to bring up such suggestions automatically at any point in time by using the “Add to Siri” buttons found in those apps.
Automated creation of video footage highlights: The new Memories app compiles video snippets and photos of events such as birthday parties, into a highlight video. It uses facial recognition and machine learning to identify and compile snippets and photos that only feature people who are important to you. It also allows you to modify the videos by making them longer or shorter, or by emphasizing particular moments or actions.
The new News App that automatically groups stories: This new automation feature sorts news articles into different groups to allow you easy access to what you’d consider to be most important.
Conclusion
Artificial Intelligence is behind the many automated features of your iPhone. The technology has molded your handset into a virtual assistant of some sort, setting reminders and schedules, and making suggestions even without your request. With frequent updates to your iOS from Apple, your iPhone becomes even smarter, making the interaction between you and your handset more beneficial than having a simple communication device.
Even if this isn't AKIDA, APPLE is a given in my book (along with a plethora of others 🤣, so take with a few grains of salt) My speculative view is based on a few things but mostly based on the amount of post liking by BRN staff on apple posts on LinkedIn, so highly speculative but also highly likely imo.......

Not advice DYOR

I'll try to find some of the nuggets and post them

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

KKFoo

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
Nice, would be great to know how many today have been locked away from the filthy shorting pool.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Even if this isn't AKIDA, APPLE is a given in my book (along with a plethora of others 🤣, so take with a few grains of salt) My speculative view is based on a few things but mostly based on the amount of post liking by BRN staff on apple posts on LinkedIn, so highly speculative but also highly likely imo.......

Not advice DYOR

Battery life on the iPhone 14 is a bit of a mystery right now, but there are some little tidbits of information sprinkled here and there that help paint a picture of what we can expect from. Not to mention that the iPhone 13 series came with a greatly improved battery life, so there is already a solid base for the new generation to build upon.
With the announcement of the iPhone 14 series nearing slowly but surely, both the battery life and charging times are some of the specs that are the most on people's minds. As we recently found out in one of our polls, that it is the most important spec in a phone for our core readers.

Although battery life information for the new iPhone 14 is scarce at this point, we have tried to answer all questions that may be of interest.

Will the iPhone 14 have better battery life?​

For now, the short answer here is—maybe. A few months ago a report by Taiwan’s Economic Daily News stated that the iPhone 14 will come with a brand new 5G chip from TSMC inside with support for Wi-Fi 6E connectivity. More importantly, this new chip is built on the 6nm process, which makes it smaller and more power-efficient.

With the new 5G chip, Apple may very well make it so that the iPhone 14 lasts even longer than the iPhone 13 series, be it by having space to place a larger battery, the chip’s lower power consumption, or both. However, that depends on whether that extra battery life is used for something else, like constant 5G connectivity for example.

Apart from the new rumored 5G chip, there is not much else to go on when it comes to the iPhone 14’s battery life. Be sure to check this article again in the future as we will be updating it with the latest information on the topic.

How much battery will the iPhone 14 have?​

Currently, there is no information on the battery size for any of the expected iPhone 14 models. That being said, the new 5G chip could result in a slightly larger one.

We can at least take a look at the iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 series’ battery sizes to get an idea of what improvements we can hope for:

iPhone battery capacityiPhone 13iPhone 12% difference
iPhone mini battery capacity2,406 mAh2,227 mAh+9%
iPhone battery capacity3,227 mAh2,815 mAh+15%
iPhone Pro battery capacity3,095 mAh2,815 mAh+11%
iPhone Pro Max battery capacity4,352 mAh3,687 mAh+19%

Will iPhone 14 use USB-C?​

A ruling by the European Commission that aims to combat e-waste is trying to push for a common charging port for all phones in the EU, i.e. USB-C. Well, just recently, the EU officially decided to enforce USB-C as the standard charging port for all mobile devices sold in Europe.

Unfortunately, however, this does not mean the iPhone 14 will come with a USB-C port, as the end date for this change is fall, 2024. In other words, Apple still has some time to make plans and prepare for the eventual transition that it has avoided for so long.

How fast will the iPhone 14 charge?​

Apple is admittedly quite behind when it comes to the iPhone’s fast charging capabilities, at least compared to competitors. The iPhone 13’s maximum is 20W when charged with a cable and 15W with MagSafe wireless charging (7.5W with regular Qi chargers).

In comparison, the Galaxy S22 can charge at a maximum speed of 45W via a cable, only matching the iPhone in its 15W wireless charging.

There are no reports on whether Apple will decide to improve on this aspect with the iPhone 14 series yet, but the heat is definitely building up from competitors like Samsung, Xiaomi, OnePlus, and others.

Will iPhone 14 have reverse wireless charging?​

There is no word about the iPhone 14 series featuring reverse wireless charging, however, if Apple ends up surprising us with this feature in September, it would very likely be reserved for the Pro models only.
sections-bubble-background.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

0CA18C3C-8CE0-49C6-AEC3-03547291E795.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Not advice DYOR

I have mixed feelings.

Do I want the massive share price increase because you are right about Apple or do I want to avoid having to put up with your head getting so big it cuts out light from the Sun reaching Earth because you called it two calendar years ago.

What a dilemma. 😂🤣😂

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

Not advice DYOR

I'm with you MC your track record has been pretty good on other companies joining the BRN team ... looking forward to more nuggets of info :)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Battery life on the iPhone 14 is a bit of a mystery right now, but there are some little tidbits of information sprinkled here and there that help paint a picture of what we can expect from. Not to mention that the iPhone 13 series came with a greatly improved battery life, so there is already a solid base for the new generation to build upon.
With the announcement of the iPhone 14 series nearing slowly but surely, both the battery life and charging times are some of the specs that are the most on people's minds. As we recently found out in one of our polls, that it is the most important spec in a phone for our core readers.

Although battery life information for the new iPhone 14 is scarce at this point, we have tried to answer all questions that may be of interest.

Will the iPhone 14 have better battery life?​

For now, the short answer here is—maybe. A few months ago a report by Taiwan’s Economic Daily News stated that the iPhone 14 will come with a brand new 5G chip from TSMC inside with support for Wi-Fi 6E connectivity. More importantly, this new chip is built on the 6nm process, which makes it smaller and more power-efficient.

With the new 5G chip, Apple may very well make it so that the iPhone 14 lasts even longer than the iPhone 13 series, be it by having space to place a larger battery, the chip’s lower power consumption, or both. However, that depends on whether that extra battery life is used for something else, like constant 5G connectivity for example.

Apart from the new rumored 5G chip, there is not much else to go on when it comes to the iPhone 14’s battery life. Be sure to check this article again in the future as we will be updating it with the latest information on the topic.

How much battery will the iPhone 14 have?​

Currently, there is no information on the battery size for any of the expected iPhone 14 models. That being said, the new 5G chip could result in a slightly larger one.

We can at least take a look at the iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 series’ battery sizes to get an idea of what improvements we can hope for:

iPhone battery capacityiPhone 13iPhone 12% difference
iPhone mini battery capacity2,406 mAh2,227 mAh+9%
iPhone battery capacity3,227 mAh2,815 mAh+15%
iPhone Pro battery capacity3,095 mAh2,815 mAh+11%
iPhone Pro Max battery capacity4,352 mAh3,687 mAh+19%

Will iPhone 14 use USB-C?​

A ruling by the European Commission that aims to combat e-waste is trying to push for a common charging port for all phones in the EU, i.e. USB-C. Well, just recently, the EU officially decided to enforce USB-C as the standard charging port for all mobile devices sold in Europe.

Unfortunately, however, this does not mean the iPhone 14 will come with a USB-C port, as the end date for this change is fall, 2024. In other words, Apple still has some time to make plans and prepare for the eventual transition that it has avoided for so long.

How fast will the iPhone 14 charge?​

Apple is admittedly quite behind when it comes to the iPhone’s fast charging capabilities, at least compared to competitors. The iPhone 13’s maximum is 20W when charged with a cable and 15W with MagSafe wireless charging (7.5W with regular Qi chargers).

In comparison, the Galaxy S22 can charge at a maximum speed of 45W via a cable, only matching the iPhone in its 15W wireless charging.

There are no reports on whether Apple will decide to improve on this aspect with the iPhone 14 series yet, but the heat is definitely building up from competitors like Samsung, Xiaomi, OnePlus, and others.

Will iPhone 14 have reverse wireless charging?​

There is no word about the iPhone 14 series featuring reverse wireless charging, however, if Apple ends up surprising us with this feature in September, it would very likely be reserved for the Pro models only.
sections-bubble-background.jpeg
Constant 5G connectivity not looking good.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Ralf
BY RALF

May 10, 2022

in Tech news

SHARES
VIEWS

iPhone AI features

Conclusion
Would be nice, I've for a long time thought we were in bed with them, to some extent (since LDN, cheekily? Used them as an example, of the importance of strictly abiding by NDAs)..

But don't like the chances of them, admitting to the use of 2nd party A.I. IP in their phones..

They/any company, could obtain our IP though MegaChips, with nobody the wiser, is my understanding..

The locally, on the phone processing of the photos, is a big jump from the Mac, which used the cloud, so you have to ask, how they achieved that?..

Best bet is to "watch the financials" 😉

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

M_C

Founding Member
I have mixed feelings.

Do I want the massive share price increase because you are right about Apple or do I want to avoid having to put up with your head getting so big it cuts out light from the Sun reaching Earth because you called it two calendar years ago.

What a dilemma. 😂🤣😂

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
lol The latter......................definitely the latter! lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Happy weekend lady's and gents. Time to spend some quality time with those you love ♥️
PUPSKY TIME!
My little Grinch.

Attachments

• IMG_20220610_134826_150.jpg
    IMG_20220610_134826_150.jpg
    9.1 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20220610_154442_565.jpg
    IMG_20220610_154442_565.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20220610_155555_927.jpg
    IMG_20220610_155555_927.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20220610_135053_289.jpg
    IMG_20220610_135053_289.jpg
    816.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
My last post on ROC until something new.

I have been keeping the conversation with BRN going and I am going to post part of the last reply I have had on this subject.

Why because if you are a genuine investor in this company it will tell you exactly what you want to hear about how it is being managed:

“I passed that example (ROC) on to our entire senior exec team. We constantly remind ourselves what others such as these guys and GetSwift have done to get themselves in trouble. It keeps us very honest. You will never see an irrelevant or insignificant ASX Announcement from us. You may see a lot of PR but no meaningless announcements”

Have a great long weekend everyone.

My very confident opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users
lol The latter......................definitely the latter! lol

@MC while we’re on Apple, high level - what does their new M2 chip do that Akida can’t? I’m not techy at all

7B77F881-A4B6-4B04-BF62-A016D738C49E.jpeg

New chip.
Next chapter.​

M2 begins the next chapter for Apple silicon, which has transformed the Mac lineup with its blazing performance and power efficiency. The breakthrough system on a chip (SoC) architecture combines the CPU, GPU, memory, and more on a single chip so everything runs much faster — while requiring much less power.
M2 is built using an enhanced second-generation 5-nanometer technology. It features over 20 billion transistors — 25 percent more than M1. And its 16-core Neural Engine is capable of executing up to 15.8 trillion operations per second to accelerate machine learning tasks. Up to 24GB of high-performance unified memory gives the CPU and GPU shared access to a larger memory pool. And the 100GB/s memory bandwidth — 50 percent more than M1 — makes multitasking and running multiple apps superfluid.

M2 chip​

m2_power__dk6197wueziq_large.jpg

Up to24GBmemory
100GB/smemory bandwidth
8‑core CPU
Up to
10‑core GPU
16‑core
Neural Engine
High-performance
media engine
ProRes video encode
and decode

CPU​

Let’s do this.
The next-generation 8-core CPU on M2 is up to 18 percent faster than M1.4 So you can zip through everyday tasks like creating documents and presentations, or take on more demanding workloads like developing in Xcode or mixing tracks in Logic Pro with Spatial Audio.
Up to18%faster4

GPU​

Make it pretty. Fast.
With up to a 10-core GPU, M2 delivers a big boost in graphics performance — up to 35 percent faster than M14 — for everything from color correcting photos to editing 4K and 8K video.
Up to35%faster4

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
@MC while we’re on Apple, high level - what does their new M2 chip do that Akida can’t? I’m not techy at all

View attachment 8955

New chip.​

Next chapter.​

M2 begins the next chapter for Apple silicon, which has transformed the Mac lineup with its blazing performance and power efficiency. The breakthrough system on a chip (SoC) architecture combines the CPU, GPU, memory, and more on a single chip so everything runs much faster — while requiring much less power.
M2 is built using an enhanced second-generation 5-nanometer technology. It features over 20 billion transistors — 25 percent more than M1. And its 16-core Neural Engine is capable of executing up to 15.8 trillion operations per second to accelerate machine learning tasks. Up to 24GB of high-performance unified memory gives the CPU and GPU shared access to a larger memory pool. And the 100GB/s memory bandwidth — 50 percent more than M1 — makes multitasking and running multiple apps superfluid.

M2 chip​

Up to24GBmemory
100GB/smemory bandwidth
8‑core CPU
Up to
10‑core GPU
16‑core
Neural Engine
High-performance
media engine
ProRes video encode
and decode

CPU​

Let’s do this.
The next-generation 8-core CPU on M2 is up to 18 percent faster than M1.4 So you can zip through everyday tasks like creating documents and presentations, or take on more demanding workloads like developing in Xcode or mixing tracks in Logic Pro with Spatial Audio.
Up to18%faster4

GPU​

Make it pretty. Fast.
With up to a 10-core GPU, M2 delivers a big boost in graphics performance — up to 35 percent faster than M14 — for everything from color correcting photos to editing 4K and 8K video.
Up to35%faster4

@Fact Finder’s eyes roll back in head

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
D

Deleted member 118

View attachment 8955

New chip.​

Next chapter.​

M2 chip​

Up to24GBmemory
100GB/smemory bandwidth
8‑core CPU
Up to
10‑core GPU
16‑core
Neural Engine
High-performance
media engine
ProRes video encode
and decode

CPU​

Let’s do this.
Up to18%faster4

GPU​

Make it pretty. Fast.
Up to35%faster4
Currently run on a computer.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom