BRN Discussion Ongoing

M_C

Founding Member
@MC while we’re on Apple, high level - what does their new M2 chip do that Akida can’t? I’m not techy at all

View attachment 8955

New chip.​

Next chapter.​

M2 begins the next chapter for Apple silicon, which has transformed the Mac lineup with its blazing performance and power efficiency. The breakthrough system on a chip (SoC) architecture combines the CPU, GPU, memory, and more on a single chip so everything runs much faster — while requiring much less power.
M2 is built using an enhanced second-generation 5-nanometer technology. It features over 20 billion transistors — 25 percent more than M1. And its 16-core Neural Engine is capable of executing up to 15.8 trillion operations per second to accelerate machine learning tasks. Up to 24GB of high-performance unified memory gives the CPU and GPU shared access to a larger memory pool. And the 100GB/s memory bandwidth — 50 percent more than M1 — makes multitasking and running multiple apps superfluid.

M2 chip​

m2_power__dk6197wueziq_large.jpg

Up to24GBmemory
100GB/smemory bandwidth
8‑core CPU
Up to
10‑core GPU
16‑core
Neural Engine
High-performance
media engine
ProRes video encode
and decode

CPU​

Let’s do this.
The next-generation 8-core CPU on M2 is up to 18 percent faster than M1.4 So you can zip through everyday tasks like creating documents and presentations, or take on more demanding workloads like developing in Xcode or mixing tracks in Logic Pro with Spatial Audio.
Up to18%faster4

GPU​

Make it pretty. Fast.
With up to a 10-core GPU, M2 delivers a big boost in graphics performance — up to 35 percent faster than M14 — for everything from color correcting photos to editing 4K and 8K video.
Up to35%faster4
Ask that question the other way round mate ;)

• Haha
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
@MC while we’re on Apple, high level - what does their new M2 chip do that Akida can’t? I’m not techy at all

View attachment 8955

New chip.​

Next chapter.​

M2 begins the next chapter for Apple silicon, which has transformed the Mac lineup with its blazing performance and power efficiency. The breakthrough system on a chip (SoC) architecture combines the CPU, GPU, memory, and more on a single chip so everything runs much faster — while requiring much less power.
M2 is built using an enhanced second-generation 5-nanometer technology. It features over 20 billion transistors — 25 percent more than M1. And its 16-core Neural Engine is capable of executing up to 15.8 trillion operations per second to accelerate machine learning tasks. Up to 24GB of high-performance unified memory gives the CPU and GPU shared access to a larger memory pool. And the 100GB/s memory bandwidth — 50 percent more than M1 — makes multitasking and running multiple apps superfluid.

M2 chip​

m2_power__dk6197wueziq_large.jpg

Up to24GBmemory
100GB/smemory bandwidth
8‑core CPU
Up to
10‑core GPU
16‑core
Neural Engine
High-performance
media engine
ProRes video encode
and decode

CPU​

Let’s do this.
The next-generation 8-core CPU on M2 is up to 18 percent faster than M1.4 So you can zip through everyday tasks like creating documents and presentations, or take on more demanding workloads like developing in Xcode or mixing tracks in Logic Pro with Spatial Audio.
Up to18%faster4

GPU​

Make it pretty. Fast.
With up to a 10-core GPU, M2 delivers a big boost in graphics performance — up to 35 percent faster than M14 — for everything from color correcting photos to editing 4K and 8K video.
Up to35%faster4
You're asking ManChild that? 😂

Maybe a better question for Diogenese..

Sorry ManChild 😐😛

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Dirac

Looks like the bottom ...... in fact a triple bottom. Hold on tight.

Mind you, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Attachments

• three-pretty-women-bottoms-15568348 (1).jpg
    three-pretty-women-bottoms-15568348 (1).jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

M_C

Founding Member
You're asking ManChild that? 😂

Maybe a better question for Diogenese..

Sorry ManChild 😐😛
don_t agree debatable.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

jk6199

Regular
I really need to find one of those couches....
Believe me, didn’t find much, have to have a sleepover on one of these big holders sofa beds to buy a lot lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Every share counts. Now where's that time machine gone now. @jk6199

Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 118

Ask that question the other way round mate ;)
lla ta yhcet ton m’I ?t’nac adikA taht od pihc 2M wen rieht seod tahw - level hgih ,elppA no er’ew elihw CM@

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

M_C

Founding Member
Another little AMD dot.............add it to the pile

Capture.PNG

AND SEIMENS.........

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

jk6199

Regular
  • Haha
lla ta yhcet ton m’I ?t’nac adikA taht od pihc 2M wen rieht seod tahw - level hgih ,elppA no er’ew elihw CM@

Ha ha very good mate 🤣

• Haha
D

Deleted member 118

I’m n Cairns next week 😳
We can go for a pedicure and manicure, then get some Botox followed by an haircut and maybe even get our brows done

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

jk6199

Regular
We can go for a pedicure and manicure, then get some Botox followed by an haircut and maybe even get our brows done
I was thinking a couple of beers 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
D

Deleted member 118

I was thinking a couple of beers 😳
Lol. What ya doing in Cairns?

Reactions: 3 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Love

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Very good ..... And a little palindrome thrown in!! :)

• Love
  • Love
Last edited:
  • Fire

BOB Bank of Brainchip
They're the best little buddies life without them would be so incomplete.
Totally agree, we keep talking about getting more but are putting it on hold, and when things calm down (Globally) we hope do some travelling
and then !!!!! who knows :)

• Love
Top Bottom