BRN Discussion Ongoing

Yes. Key word spotting (kws) was the first application that came to mind when Renesas announced the 2 node licence. I had forgotten Anil's discussion about using one and a half nodes for kws, so 2 nodes fits the bill neatly. While Anil said that one node could be re-used, it simplifies the programming to use 2 nodes.

I wonder how long it will take Renesas to amortize the cost of 10 years of developing DRP-AI, or will their hand be forced by competitive pressures?
I think competitive pressures will play out but their first to market status on AKIDA technology if they are smart will work in their favour and allow them to capture a large share of the market if they move at the right time.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

ndefries

Regular
Yes. Key word spotting (kws) was the first application that came to mind when Renesas announced the 2 node licence. I had forgotten Anil's discussion about using one and a half nodes for kws, so 2 nodes fits the bill neatly. While Anil said that one node could be re-used, it simplifies the programming to use 2 nodes.

I wonder how long it will take Renesas to amortize the cost of 10 years of developing DRP-AI, or will their hand be forced by competitive pressures?
Ha very good call! reminds me of Foxtel keeping their old units in a large storage warehouse to avoid write-offs. I am sure they can justify it with R&D tax assistance from the Japanese government.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

ndefries

Regular
It’s called the transfer of wealth. From the uneducated to the educated. It has another name - the stock market.
Only a loss if you sell.
Take a look around. It’s not just BRN shares
Just picked up another 10K. Rather silly prices based on what we know

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
“Honey, please! I know your grandmother has money somewhere in her house. She won’t know it’s gone. We can give her back double next year. You don’t understand. These prices won’t last.”
And this is why we all worry about becoming demented. 😞🤣😂🧐😎😇

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

robsmark

Regular
Across the whole market.
Just have to use this time to accumulate I guess. Fundamentals have not changed. Still, shitty seeing $100k+ vanish in a week.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users

butcherano

Regular
Wtf is going on?
I think the ASX 200 inclusion announcement has dropped us into a cesspool of fund managers and sophisticated investors that don’t understand our technology, don’t want to understand the technology and are pissed that they are obliged to add brainchip to their index based funds and investments. These are the same morons that don’t have the mental capacity to value us using anything other than their standard Aussie mining revenue based model with PE ratios based on miners.

So they’re either shorting the shit out of us, in order to buy in as cheap as possible. Or they have no plans to have a net positive holding once we’re in the ASX 200. ie. they’ll have a short position in account A and an equivalent long position in their index based account B.

Either way, at some point over the next 4 trading days we have to see some buying. And they’ll be fighting each other for stock. Just a question of when the first one blinks.

The trading this morning is actually starting to look more positive to me, so hopefully we’ve found a bottom.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 33 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Iseki

Regular
Just checking if I’ve interpreted this correctly.

The LinkedIn page Jesse Chapman put up, liked by the great Anil Manker and commented on it also.

View attachment 8878

The actual article was posted earlier and Sailesh discusses both the Arm M33 and using Brainchip nodes but I can’t see them referenced in the Arm technicals so it confuses me as to how they are linked. I might have the language wrong but is it a SOC combining ARM M33 and Akida’s 2 nodes along with something else; (a sensor of some descriptions, eg camera or microphone) to produce a final product for manufactuers to put into a device?

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/

Sailesh “So that’s kind of the plan that we have, to evolve that into that landscape,” he said. “At the very low end, we have added an ARM M33 MCU and spiking neural network with BrainChip core licensed for selected applications – we have licensed what we need to license from BrainChip including the software to get the ball rolling.

I agree with FF that I envisage an announcement of some sort when our actual product is available for sale and it looks as though we are getting close but just a bit confused with this latest information.

I also believe Renesas will use their own IP where possible so in reality Renesas is both a customer and competitor but we always knew we wouldn’t get all the pie to ourselves; nor do we need it all!

The current SP doesn’t concern me as the business is on solid foundations with fantastic leaders.

Just quietly: PVDM is a legend with his donation today. There really should be a documentary made about his life because he’s a great Australian we should be very proud of!

View attachment 8879

View attachment 8880

View attachment 8881
Do we have any deals going with Genera Tecnologias?

Reactions: 2 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I see your Dad's Army and raise you a Homer 😛

Thank you for that as I had that song "Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler" on an endless loop in my head.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Taproot

Regular
Getting right amongst this morning, love a good fire sale.
@Dolci penny for your thoughts on the next level down if things don't hold up in this price area.

Reactions: 2 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I think the ASX 200 inclusion announcement has dropped us into a cesspool of fund managers and sophisticated investors that don’t understand our technology, don’t want to understand the technology and are pissed that they are obliged to add brainchip to their index based funds and investments. These are the same morons that don’t have the mental capacity to value us using anything other than their standard Aussie mining revenue based model with PE ratios based on miners.

So they’re either shorting the shit out of us, in order to buy in as cheap as possible. Or they have no plans to have a net positive holding once we’re in the ASX 200. ie. they’ll have a short position in account A and an equivalent long position in their index based account B.

Either way, at some point over the next 4 trading days we have to see some buying. And they’ll be fighting each other for stock. Just a question of when the first one blinks.

The trading this morning is actually starting to look more positive to me, so hopefully we’ve found a bottom.
IMG-20220511-WA0001.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 24 users

Dolci

Regular
Getting right amongst this morning, love a good fire sale.
@Dolci penny for your thoughts on the next level down if things don't hold up in this price area.
1654822794569.png

• Love
Reactions: 27 users
I'm going to need to change my handle to thetinyshort soon

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Mugen74

Regular
OT Has anyone else Comsuc mobile app changed overnight? Not sure I like this new layout.

Reactions: 1 users

Dolci

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Just have to use this time to accumulate I guess. Fundamentals have not changed. Still, shitty seeing $100k+ vanish in a week.
I feel ya $$$$ pain ..🤕

Reactions: 6 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Wtf is going on?
Most of us have heard the saying about what stock you would own if the market was to shut down for 10 years.

Well at the moment I’d love the market to shut down for about 12 months. What is currently happening is complete and utter madness.

The world hasn’t yet realised what it has in Akida, we just need some time for products containing Akida IP to get out there and then the so-called “experts” will come out of the wood-work And WANCAs will be no more as everyone will finally know what a neuromorphic computer is.

In fact, the market doesn’t have to close, but we can do ourselves a service by merely ignoring it.

I understand that we all have our own circumstances. I for one need to sell something to fund a new house getting built. If it wasn’t for that, my noise filter would be turned up to the max!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

uiux

Regular
Just checking if I’ve interpreted this correctly.

The LinkedIn page Jesse Chapman put up, liked by the great Anil Manker and commented on it also.

View attachment 8878

The actual article was posted earlier and Sailesh discusses both the Arm M33 and using Brainchip nodes but I can’t see them referenced in the Arm technicals so it confuses me as to how they are linked. I might have the language wrong but is it a SOC combining ARM M33 and Akida’s 2 nodes along with something else; (a sensor of some descriptions, eg camera or microphone) to produce a final product for manufactuers to put into a device?

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/

Sailesh “So that’s kind of the plan that we have, to evolve that into that landscape,” he said. “At the very low end, we have added an ARM M33 MCU and spiking neural network with BrainChip core licensed for selected applications – we have licensed what we need to license from BrainChip including the software to get the ball rolling.

I agree with FF that I envisage an announcement of some sort when our actual product is available for sale and it looks as though we are getting close but just a bit confused with this latest information.

I also believe Renesas will use their own IP where possible so in reality Renesas is both a customer and competitor but we always knew we wouldn’t get all the pie to ourselves; nor do we need it all!

The current SP doesn’t concern me as the business is on solid foundations with fantastic leaders.

Just quietly: PVDM is a legend with his donation today. There really should be a documentary made about his life because he’s a great Australian we should be very proud of!

View attachment 8879

View attachment 8880

View attachment 8881

-

The Arduino deal is also key he says.

“We have formed a strategic partnership with Arduino as they have this base of 30m users and by working with them we think we have a good opportunity for MCUs, sensors, power and connectivity,” he said. “I think Arduino will move into a broader application space by working with an outfit such as us with our base of industrial customers and they have their roadmaps to expand so we have an opportunity to work with them. Even if its hobbyist it’s a pathway to get university students hooked on Arduino today and they will be the engineers tomorrow making the buying decisions.

---

Price:$26.37
Manufacturer:RENESAS
Core Sub-Architecture:Cortex-M33

• Arduino Uno and Pmod™ interfaces come standard

1654823265522.png

---

I wonder if a product like this will be upgraded to come with neuromorphic IP ?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Pappagallo

Regular

When it turns though that $100K will be back very, very quick.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom