BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Could someone inform me in relation to royalties. How are royalties accurately paid?
My question is; eg. if Renesas supply 10 million products containing Akida to customers, what prevents them from paying Brainchip for 1 million?
Just would like some input as to how the question of royalties work.

Good evening m'lud,

Royalties are calculated on the number of nodes of 4 Akida NPUs (neuromorphic processing units) included in a product. I think 2 nodes is the minimum, ie 8 NPUs. The Akida 1000 SoC has 20 nodes. So simple products may have 2 nodes, while more complex applications requiring extensive data processing may have 20 or more nodes.

As to the honesty of the licensees, the licence agreement will have provision for auditing the licencees sales.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Whats to say the share price won't be held down until the start day of the rebalance by the instos? ie to allow a better buy in price.
According to my records when we went into the ASX300, it was all pretty quiet and normalish trading on the day (22 March last year) and then aftermarket it went ballistic, up by about 10 cents to close at .75 after our close with about 60 million traded on ASX for the day. After a couple of days it settled back to around where it had been previously and so may have been an opportunity for traders to do their thing. I'll be sitting pat.
I want the whole boat, not just the burley thrown for the sharks. :ROFLMAO:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Your right zeebot.....
Looks like we are going to get a bunch of newbies asking questions that with a little research and effort on their behalf should be able to find out on their own.
Congratulations to everybody that has taken the BRN bus from the microcap bus stop to the asx200 bus stop😁

Steve Martin Idk GIF

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Could someone inform me in relation to royalties. How are royalties accurately paid?
My question is; eg. if Renesas supply 10 million products containing Akida to customers, what prevents them from paying Brainchip for 1 million?
Just would like some input as to how the question of royalties work.
Hi BVR,

Here my opinion:-

In business its all about Trust, (very important)
There are also legal binding agreements between the two party (they both have legal obligations to the agreement)
Accounting departments will do all the calculations.

So that's is my basic understanding.
I am just a Handyman. Hope thats help.

Its great to be a shareholder
Learning

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Not all ASX200 companies pay a dividend. Funds grow from the SP appreciating. The same way BRN got into the ASX300 and now the ASX200. The SP keeps going up. I wouldn't be crying wolf on shorters. I don't see a whole lot changing on that front.

Until the market starts seeing an increasing revenue stream and the semi conductor supply change improves, the SP will continue to drift. It has held up remarkably well considering Tech is being hammered atm and a virtual none existent revenue stream. The market needs to see revenue before BRN SP has its next leg up.
Hi @Proga.
Not sure it is crying wolf to suggest that a legal way to make a return by lending shares to short traders is a likely outcome.

Even Warren Buffet lends to shorters in the USA.

No one will complain if the share price continues going up in fact they will love every minute of it while it occurs but if this does not occur beyond an initial spike then having the knowledge that global institutions engage in the perfectly legal wealth creation mechanism of shorting while at the same time also earning capital gains seems entirely sensible.

The only ones who would not want ordinary retail to know this is happening are those who engage in shorting.

Your argument that capital gains preclude shorting indicates a complete lack of knowledge about how it works.

Briefly An institution has 10 million shares. It lends then to you for a fee with an agreed return date of those shares say 30 days.

The person taking the shares pays the fee and immediately sells the shares for $1.20 a share. Then hopes that the price will drop significantly over that 30 day period.

If the share price drops to 90 cents they will buy back at 90 cents return these bought shares to the lender pocketing the difference between $1.20 and 90 cents less the fee paid to borrow the shares.

The institution wins both ways they get the fee and when the share appreciates they get the capital gain.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi BVR,

Here my opinion:-

In business its all about Trust, (very important)
There are also legal binding agreements between the two party (they both have legal obligations to the agreement)
Accounting departments will do all the calculations.

So that's is my basic understanding.
I am just a Handyman. Hope thats help.

Its great to be a shareholder
Learning
Yep ... trust everybody in business ... and count your fingers after shaking hands.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

JK200SX

Regular
According to my records when we went into the ASX300, it was all pretty quiet and normalish trading on the day (22 March last year) and then aftermarket it went ballistic, up by about 10 cents to close at .75 after our close with about 60 million traded on ASX for the day. After a couple of days it settled back to around where it had been previously and so may have been an opportunity for traders to do their thing. I'll be sitting pat.
Yes, I remember that after close sale that day :)

Reactions: 4 users
So does that mean we get a new breed of morons on HC

Yes .Definitely. But who Fuc en cares . They care less about us other than to get our shares . Watch them play their games . One outcome is certain , and that is the share price will rise in accordance with announcements that prove how important our company is to society . Bring them on . Did shorters profit with the increase in the google and twitter share price . Because BRN will ignite when the broader market becomes truly aware of its comprehensive importance to the world at large . I still think it stinks that legally the ASX allows shorters to exist , but scum exists on the surface of many surfaces through out the world . It’s a shame it is permitted so close to our company .

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Read my mind @HopalongPetrovski I was just looking into the dates when this happened and was going to post exactly the same as you. With this opportunity brings greater greed for others.....hold 'em tight chippers........the critical mass is approaching

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Hi @Proga.
Not sure it is crying wolf to suggest that a legal way to make a return by lending shares to short traders is a likely outcome.

No one will complain if the share price continues going up in fact they will love every minute of it while it occurs but if this does not occur beyond an initial spike then having the knowledge that global institutions engage in the perfectly legal wealth creation mechanism of shorting while at the same time also earning capital gains seems entirely sensible.

The only ones who would not want ordinary retail to know this is happening are those who engage in shorting.

Your argument that capital gains preclude shorting indicates a complete lack of knowledge about how it works.

Briefly An institution has 10 million shares. It lends then to you for a fee with an agreed return date of those shares say 30 days.

The person taking the shares pays the fee and immediately sells the shares for $1.20 a share. Then hopes that the price will drop significantly over that 30 day period.

If the share price drops to 90 cents they will buy back at 90 cents return these bought shares to the lender pocketing the difference between $1.20 and 90 cents less the fee paid to borrow the shares.

The institution wins both ways they get the fee and when the share appreciates they get the capital gain.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
A point of clarification.

While shorting is legal, manipulation to create a false market is most definitely not, and this is in my opinion is worse when the false market is being created to the downside of fair value.

If you buy in the hope that a share will go up who gets hurt if you are wrong only yourself.

If you buy in the hope that a share will go down who gets hurt if you are wrong only yourself.

If you use social media and the press in a scheme to create a false market to your advantage retail are hurt.

Retail who sell at a loss because they have been manipulated into a state of panic by a short might never recover financially.

Understanding the markets is essential unless you want to be eaten by wolves.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 25 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Read my mind @HopalongPetrovski I was just looking into the dates when this happened and was going to post exactly the same as you. With this opportunity brings greater greed for others.....hold 'em tight chippers........the critical mass is approaching

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
When another investment I am heavily in on (IMU) was included in the 200, it's share price went from 60 cents down to high teens.

I am as excited as the next person about our inclusion but it isn't necessarily a good thing.

Showing a massive increase in revenue of the next 12 months will be the catalyst for our share price going bananas and a permanent position in the 200.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 30 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
When another investment I am heavily in on (IMU) was included in the 200, it's share price went from 60 cents down to high teens.

I am as excited as the next person about our inclusion but it isn't necessarily a good thing.

Showing a massive increase in revenue of the next 12 months will be the catalyst for our share price going bananas and a permanent position in the 200.
I certainly hope that does not occur, but if it does I have made provision and will happily increase my holdings further. :cool:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

raybot

I certainly hope that does not occur, but if it does I have made provision and will happily increase my holdings further. :cool:
Like it or not if we want BRN to grow ASX200 is inevitable.
Que sera sera

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

ItsKane

Regular

Sounds like a win win situation for me. I'd sell my ARM and leg to buy at that price 😂 Just me and my selfish thoughts, I actually hope not for others sake. This just gets more and more exciting every month. All IMO

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Brain chip has arrived in the ASX200, well done to all.

For what manipulation may or may not come as a result I am not overly concerned, if it comes at all I feel it will only be temporary.This milestone is but a point to mark on the map (and to celebrate) on the path to Brainchips journey to becoming the defacto standard globally. We are well and truly on our way ladies and gentlemen.

So again, well done to all at Brainchip and well done to all here. What an achievement to be able to celebrate together, even if does still feel like just the beginning!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Hi @Proga.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Fact Finder, I sense a disturbance in the force.:cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Like it or not if we want BRN to grow ASX200 is inevitable.
Que sera sera
Exactly, 'tis just a stage along the way, but I must admit that I am enjoying the journey and our quickening pace.
I have exquisite confidence in our vessel, our crew and our leadership team.
They are all doing a fabulous job and will make us all very wealthy.
And what our support is helping to come into being will be of great benefit to the world and its people.
A veritable WIN WIN situation.
Bring it BrainShip. ;)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

And there was significant short trading of IMU. The MF, AFR and trolling on HC was the equal of anything suffered by BRN.

Different industries but history should be a teacher.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom