BRN Discussion Ongoing

GDJR69

Regular
So we've got the 1000 eyes, who know what we know, and the RoW (Rest of World) who are not getting the message.

I cannot conceive that anyone who knows what we know would not be at least ankle deep in BRN shares, but, apart from Germany, there does not seem to be any general awareness.

I know all about the revenue argument, but that just proves to me the inability of the market to even peek over the rim of the box.

When I bought in in early 2018, I was looking for AI shares, and my research happened upon BRN. At the time, the company was preparing to make a presentation in the US within days, and I contacted several friends to encourage them to get on board asap, because I believed it would explode when the US presentation was made. I even bought small parcels for friends who were uncontactable or lacked the knowhow.

So yes, FOMO played a part in my BRN initiation. But it was anticipatory FOMO and based on research. And we've had plenty of ups and downs since then, and weathered a couple of confidence-shattering dips and come out the other side.

So it looks like we are now only seeing the match approach the blue touch paper.

My question is, why, if the true believers were capable of seeing the true value of Akida, why are there still under 50k shareholders when, in America alone, there must be over 100 times that number of people with the knowledge to understand the capabilities of Akida and that the AI tsunami is gathering power?

Maybe if Ford had bought out a concept vehicle capable of 10 mpg and a 60 gallon tank and featuring "Hey Edsel!"?
I think the answer to your question is that most retail investors and traders are a combination of uneducated, stupid and impatient. For a while I followed stocks group on Facebook, but the level of stupidity was just too much for me and I had to stop following it. 90% of people were still going on about doubling down on ZIP. One person said they had looked at BRN and there was 'nothing to see here'. I mean it was just too much for any half educated trader or investor to bear :confused:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
Looking into ARM sites at the mo and couple interesting things on the surface popped up...haven't had chance to dive too deep as yet to see where possibly leads to or dead ends, so if anyone else wants to....please do.

Searched for Akida and only 2 results came up. Second one pretty simple and we know the Keil site already.

It was the first one I'm curious about as its use cases seem pretty aligned ;) but could mean nothing in the search algo I guess.

Mali - C52.jpg

ARM 1.jpg

ARM 2.jpg

ARM 3.jpg

Mali-C52 – Arm®

So after watching the vid they say it's running the Ethos N57 but when I check for that, it is in the search but....

Ethos N57 - 1.jpg

Ethos N57 - 2.jpg

So...I'm presuming that maybe they are moving up to newer spec Ethos and find the N78.

Looking at the specs around Sparsity, NPU and neural frameworks etc and maybe some of our more learned eyes can sift through and see if the N78 is also a candidate for Akida?

Ethos N78 - 1.jpg

Ethos N78 - 2.jpg

Ethos N78 - 3.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 28 users

JoMo68

Regular
Hey dippy - don't get distracted now when we are closing in on the prize. Sean's focus is getting the word out to users not so much investors. Sure, they'll do presentations to Shaws etc but from the AGM and last few months he is really focussed on getting the tech adopted at the ground level. Many of the ways our IP is used we'll never see or know. That's his strategy - in everything, ubiquitous, all-pervading. The ADRs have been disappointing but really we need to see the start of the revenue acceleration and the company always said it'll still be a while. I'm not expecting much this quarter, a little the next, a bit more in the December quarter and then more products using IP in 2023 which drives revenue. I still jiggle from foot to foot because I want it now, particularly the porsche, but by the time we take off at least there'll be an electric porsche and a new electric MB to choose between!
I agree. Unless you’re holding short-term, don’t get caught up in the share price. Take care of the revenue and the rest will follow, as sure as night follows day. IMO of course!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Wags

Regular
Look after yourself Macca. They say that even if symptoms are not too bad to get plenty of rest and chicken soup so that you get a full and complete recovery. Otherwise, you might just get a visit from Angela. :cool:

cheers @HopalongPetrovski
Not sure I could handle Angela at the mo,..... but wait.....ah what the heck, I'll give it a go, lol

Normally if I get a cold it usually lasts a day. I feel the crappiest I have felt for a long long time and Im a good 4 or 5 days in. Hoping for the sunshine soon......
Not looking for any sympathy or attention here and I don't want to clog up the thread with messages.
Hi ho, Hi ho, To isolation I go, hi ho, hi ho (a bit like Alcatraz really :cool: )

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

mototrans

Regular
Looking into ARM sites at the mo and couple interesting things on the surface popped up...haven't had chance to dive too deep as yet to see where possibly leads to or dead ends, so if anyone else wants to....please do.

Searched for Akida and only 2 results came up. Second one pretty simple and we know the Keil site already.

It was the first one I'm curious about as its use cases seem pretty aligned ;) but could mean nothing in the search algo I guess.

View attachment 8404

View attachment 8405

View attachment 8406
Thats interesting ... similar narrative to Socionexts announcement regarding an award for their work with Go Pro..

ARM Camera.JPG

This announcement from Socionext... found here

Socio.JPG

with this quote
Lowlight.JPG

and it uses an ARM processor (for the IOT application) found here:

cpu.JPG

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
I'm Don't think this release from Renesas relates to AKIDA but reading through the article Renesas state one of there partners is TATA Elxsi. WHO ISN'T RENESAS PARTNERED WITH.

Renesas Introduces Complex Device Driver Software to Ease Development of Battery Management Systems for Electric Vehicles​

New Software Complements Renesas Leading Li-Ion Battery Manager IC to Enable ASIL D-Compliant Designs
June 2, 2022
Renesas Offers Complex Device Driver Software for EV’s Battery Management Systems
TOKYO, Japan ― Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today introduced an AUTOSAR-compliant complex device driver (CDD) software module for designers of automotive battery management systems (BMS) in electric vehicles (EVs). The new software pairs with Renesas’ industry-leading ISL78714 Li-Ion battery management IC to speed design and optimize performance of next-generation systems.
The CDD software is designed to work with Renesas’ Winning Combination BMS reference design hardware kit, which includes the ISL78714 IC and the RH850/P1M MCU. The CDD includes configuration and integration of required microcontroller abstraction layer (MCAL) modules provided by Renesas for the RH850 MCU. It provides an entire low-level software solution for collecting battery cell voltage and temperature measurements and controlling cell balancing functions of the ISL78714. Configurable parameters determine the number of cells in the BMS system and the desired rate of battery cell data collection.
The CDD software has a simple but full-featured API that allows the end-user’s application software to receive battery cell measurements in real time. Software interfaces and protocol management needed to operate the ISL78714 are built into the CDD software and operate on top of existing lower-level SPI, GPIO, and General Purpose Timer (GPT) drivers included in the MCAL modules. The CDD software provides customers with a practical architecture for simplifying their software design and allows them to focus efforts on their unique application features.
The new ISL78714 CDD software follows ISO26262 ASIL D (the highest level of automotive functional safety) development processes. The RH850/P1M MCU and MCAL modules also achieve ASIL D. The ISL78714 CDD software, as a template for successful ASIL D software development, is an enormous asset. Customers who desire assistance with their design can work under contract with Renesas partner TATA Elxsi to develop their system.
“As the EV market continues to expand rapidly, battery management is a critical element in the success of new vehicles,” said Niall Lyne, Vice President of the Automotive Analog Power and Video Business Division at Renesas. “The Renesas ISL78714 IC combined with our new CDD software helps our customers get the best performance possible out of their battery management systems, reduces their development schedule, and simultaneously eases the difficult process of meeting stringent ASIL D safety requirements.”
“The unique features of the Renesas ISL78714 battery management IC, combined with the new CDD software, offer a powerful platform to develop our integrated BMS,” said Chris Klesyk, Vice President, Battery Management for Our Next Energy. “This technology partnership is foundational for ONE’s immediate BMS needs and offers a path for future enhancements.”

Availability​

The new CDD software and the Renesas BMS reference design hardware kit (ISL78714BMS5XBEKIT1Z) are available now to qualified customers. Renesas has published a blog post with additional details about this solution at https://www.renesas.com/blogs/jump-...re-development-isl78714-complex-device-driver. More information is also available at www.renesas.com/isl78714.

About Renesas Electronics Corporation​

Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.

Reactions: 14 users

Sotherbys01

Regular
Seagars joining the board of directors for Edge Impulse is Huge news for BrainChip.
“Unlocking our world's potential through smarter, more efficient, and accessible computing has been a consistent theme in my professional journey,” Simon says. “Edge Impulse shares this vision and is at the center of the next frontier of edge computing, by empowering developers to harness machine learning across all classes of edge devices.”
Hey mate, we chatted about going to Phuket etc when we were on the Hotcraphole site.

I might be going to Phukets for the missus birthday in July. Can you or someone in the know tell me if Patong has returned to normal? I hear Jung Ceylon is closed, dont care. Just want some real Thai food and plenty of Chang. Also heard its gotten a bit more expensive etc

Cheers
Mick (Sotherbys01)

Perth, WA

Reactions: 3 users

Sotherbys01

Regular
Hey mate, we chatted about going to Phuket etc when we were on the Hotcraphole site.

I might be going to Phukets for the missus birthday in July. Can you or someone in the know tell me if Patong has returned to normal? I hear Jung Ceylon is closed, dont care. Just want some real Thai food and plenty of Chang. Also heard its gotten a bit more expensive etc

Cheers
Mick (Sotherbys01)

Perth, WA
Also, I tried to send you a chat conversation but yours is blocked

Diogenese

Top 20
I think the answer to your question is that most retail investors and traders are a combination of uneducated, stupid and impatient. For a while I followed stocks group on Facebook, but the level of stupidity was just too much for me and I had to stop following it. 90% of people were still going on about doubling down on ZIP. One person said they had looked at BRN and there was 'nothing to see here'. I mean it was just too much for any half educated trader or investor to bear :confused:
Hi GDJR,

As you say, it's impossible to argue against ignorance.

"Nothing to see here" - We can be sure it wasn't Blind Freddy, so it looks like willful ignorance. If the opinion had been backed by some informed analysis, however misguided, it would be possible to address the reasoning.

Still, we can't entirely blame the hoi poli. BrainChip was compelled to abandon/postpone its initial efforts in pursuing its business plan to sell software/IP because the established companies were unwilling/unable to adopt Akida because its capabilities were so far advanced beyond the existing von Neumann CNN and analog SNNs that they were reluctant to take on the task of producing the SoC.

But now the SoC has been authenticated for well over a year, as anyone who had a genuine "look" would have understood, so maybe our FB critic would have been more honest to say "Nothing to see here that I understand."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

HUSS

Regular
Just a word of warning about moving into the ASX200 for when it occurs.

Those institutions that have to buy the ASX200 also lend shares for shorting.

Thus larger more financially literate shorters become involved.

This then attracts larger more sophisticated traders who know what the shorters are going to do and follow their lead.

In the early days of the spice trade in England and Europe sailing ships would set sail to Asia for the purpose of trading to bring back these valuable commodities. The journey was long and very dangerous yet for those who embarked on the journey and survived the roaring forties rounding the cape and privateer attacks the riches which flowed on a successful return were extraordinary.

In many ways the investment journey on the ASX apart from the risk to life is similar, though an angry spouse might pose a physical threat, at every turn there are new bigger obstacles as you get closer to the golden ring.

The manipulators will be more articulate and subtle. Suggesting risks of different types and feigning friendship. The trades and shorts will come in bigger more sophisticated waves.

Just like those involved in the spice trade those who stay the course, ignore the distractions and complete the journey will be rewarded.

Abandoning ship guarantees failure.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I totally agree FF!! I don’t prefer at this stage to go to bigger indices like ASX 200 or Nasdaq before getting revenues stream going and steady. There are too big whales and institutions sitting there waiting for short selling any new stocks (just too risky ATM) but with revenues going, there will be also big institutions whales buying our stocks as well which help the SP to stabilise and even go higher if long and buying was more powerful!!
Cheers,

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

Jefwilto

Regular
I totally agree FF!! I don’t prefer at this stage to go to bigger indices like ASX 200 or Nasdaq before getting revenues stream going and steady. There are too big whales and institutions sitting there waiting for short selling any new stocks (just too risky ATM) but with revenues going, there will be also big institutions whales buying our stocks as well which help the SP to stabilise and even go higher if long and buying was more powerful!!
Cheers,
According to MarketIndex,the rebalance occurs the Third Friday in June,not the 3rd of June as some have suggested
https://www.marketindex.com.au/rebalance-announcements

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Interesting thing I only just learned about percentages - they work in reverse exactly the same! If, for example, you were trying to work out 8% of 25, then just reverse it to 25% of 8 and it becomes easy! Life hack I only just learned about last week!!

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!
boom-mind-blown.gif

Im an accountant and a gambler and well...... had no friggin idea lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Jefwilto

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

jeff2151

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
View attachment 8418
Im an accountant and a gambler and well...... had no friggin idea lol

x * y / z = x / z * y

25 * 8 / 100 = 25 / 100 * 8

The funny thing is, I knew the above, but never thought of expressing it as "percentages work in reverse". Now that is neat!

• Love
  • Wow

jeff2151

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I did a bit of a search and I don't think this has been posted before, but my apologies if it has.

Mercedes and Bosch teamed up to show off automated valet parking at the Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown Hotel in California in March 2022. That article states that:

"The demo featured Mercedes’ electric EQS fitted with the Level 4-rated Intelligent Park Assist feature, which communicated with Bosch lidar sensors fitted within the parking garage to maneuver and guide the car to a free space, avoiding pedestrians and potential obstacles en route."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
I did a bit of a search and I don't think this has been posted before, but my apologies if it has.

Mercedes and Bosch teamed up to show off automated valet parking at the Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown Hotel in California in March 2022. That article states that:

"The demo featured Mercedes’ electric EQS fitted with the Level 4-rated Intelligent Park Assist feature, which communicated with Bosch lidar sensors fitted within the parking garage to maneuver and guide the car to a free space, avoiding pedestrians and potential obstacles en route."

Sounds like Bosch are doing the sensors in the carpark and they are demonstrating interoperability of their two different systems.

It makes sense that carparks will have a system that is vehicle manufacturer agnostic.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:

Xhosa12345

Regular
x * y / z = x / z * y

25 * 8 / 100 = 25 / 100 * 8

The funny thing is, I knew the above, but never thought of expressing it as "percentages work in reverse". Now that is neat!

Love it

i didnt necessarily say i was good accountant or gambler lol...

now are we gonna be in the 200 or not? seems like a bet each way as to whether that will be good or not at this point with little revenue and manipulation everywhere - which is all stuff i dont understand

but i do know that it appears we are starting to get on a few radars anyway. hopefully the mums and dads have an exit point and dont buckle, and i personally will never have a stop loss - im going for 5 to 10 bags minimum, why would i put a loss in at 20%, to get 10 to 1 you need to risk the lot imo.... but the asterix is in my second line above.... im not a good gambler, hahaha.

have a good weekend all, looking forward to continued commentary over the weekend, and yay, im perth we get a long one!

thanks again to FF, diag, tech, zeebot, all the fantastic contributors- in a time where the market is just terrible, especially for tech stocks, i know the work done by a lot of you here has probably helped settle some nerves from the more risk averse punters - dont give the big boys your shares cheap is all ill suggest!

gltah
imo

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
After seeing the tweet below, I went back and looked at my original Plumerai post. The description of their tech is almost verbatim to that of BrainChip

@uiux I’m interested to hear your thoughts on whether you think they are friend or foe

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-70441

Still awaiting a confession from Roeland too 😅

91EEA3CE-BDEB-4BE5-8A10-485135AB1C9B.jpeg

AI Tech Talk: Advancing computer vision on the edge with different ML approaches

CEO of Plumerai on at 04:55 minutes

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom