BRN Discussion Ongoing

F

Filobeddo

View attachment 8370

Interestingly RT likes but no comment below 🤔 I guess surely they know each other with 22yrs behind him, and surely there is no doubting he was ever Goodenough !!
or maybe Nearenough?? 😉

Reactions: 1 users
Just a word of warning about moving into the ASX200 for when it occurs.

Those institutions that have to buy the ASX200 also lend shares for shorting.

Thus larger more financially literate shorters become involved.

This then attracts larger more sophisticated traders who know what the shorters are going to do and follow their lead.

In the early days of the spice trade in England and Europe sailing ships would set sail to Asia for the purpose of trading to bring back these valuable commodities. The journey was long and very dangerous yet for those who embarked on the journey and survived the roaring forties rounding the cape and privateer attacks the riches which flowed on a successful return were extraordinary.

In many ways the investment journey on the ASX apart from the risk to life is similar, though an angry spouse might pose a physical threat, at every turn there are new bigger obstacles as you get closer to the golden ring.

The manipulators will be more articulate and subtle. Suggesting risks of different types and feigning friendship. The trades and shorts will come in bigger more sophisticated waves.

Just like those involved in the spice trade those who stay the course, ignore the distractions and complete the journey will be rewarded.

Abandoning ship guarantees failure.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 78 users
D

Deleted member 118

This then attracts larger more sophisticated traders who know what the shorters are going to do and follow their lead.

In the early days of the spice trade in England and Europe sailing ships would set sail to Asia for the purpose of trading to bring back these valuable commodities. The journey was long and very dangerous yet for those who embarked on the journey and survived the roaring forties rounding the cape and privateer attacks the riches which flowed on a successful return were extraordinary.

In many ways the investment journey on the ASX apart from the risk to life is similar, though an angry spouse might pose a physical threat, at every turn there are new bigger obstacles as you get closer to the golden ring.

The manipulators will be more articulate and subtle. Suggesting risks of different types and feigning friendship. The trades and shorts will come in bigger more sophisticated waves.

Just like those involved in the spice trade those who stay the course, ignore the distractions and complete the journey will be rewarded.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
So does that mean we get a new breed of morons on HC

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

BaconLover

Founding Member

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes.
Case in point - inclusion of BRN into ASX300. I didn't buy straight in on my Super because there was too much noise. Instos tend to make use of it, trading it both ways for those who remember.

@dippY22 @Beebo US tech stocks are taking a bashing ATM, so that possibly explains the lack of interest for ADR right now.

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

M_C

Founding Member
WELL WELL. WELL

Screenshot_20220603-082108_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 68 users

Baisyet

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
I haven't seen this been discussed on TSEX, not sure about the old place.

BOSCH Center for Artificial Intelligence has been studying SNN for years

Can some of our more learned members draw inference from the above studies from BOSCH.

Its great to be a shareholder
Learning.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
So does that mean we get a new breed of morons on HC

HC the Bermuda Triangle of the investment world best to steer a course around that obstacle lest the siren call will rob you of your sanity.

Here too the waters will become less clear and reefs will be obscured and new participants with friendly countenance and intriguingly seductive questions which do not matter at all will ask the what if’s that subtly erode confidence.

They will claim experience that allows them to provide answers to questions they raise and the answers will be negative or designed to erode confidence.

They will throw up research and claim it points to being on the wrong course all the time ignoring the achievements of the company.

They will never however answer the single most important question which is “why will Brainchip not achieve a tiny little one percent of the world wide addressable market for Edge Ai.”

ARM alone caused 29 billion semiconductors to be shipped in the last 12 months.

One percent of this is 290 million and at a 10 cent royalty per semiconductor that is $29 million which is north of twice Brainchip’s spend making it a profitable company.

Until someone can tell us why Brainchip will not achieve one percent of the World wide market for Edge Ai said to be 70 billion US dollars by 2025 when they already are trusted by:

NASA
MERCEDES BENZ
VALEO
MEGACHIPS
RENESAS
ARM
EDGE IMPULSE and
SiFIVE

they are no more than white noise.

By the way one percent of 70 billion US dollars is 700 million US dollars.

Annual outgoings at Brainchip are about $12 million so even if we bump that up to $50 million that is still $650 million in profit.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 71 users

Kachoo

Regular
Yes, yes,....you are probably right BL. Mostly I am a frustrated by the lack of volume and virtually zero ADR volumes. Why? Why is there not interest in the ADR shares? And I was seconding Diogenes concern(s) about a lack of interest beyond Australia and Germany, keep in mind.

Cramer is a clown show. Agree, and I was being "somewhat" facetious.

But can someone advise what has the Integrous relationship provided during the last year? I'm sure Brainchip is paying for something?
Are others happy with the success of Integrous ... " (helping to) attract additional institutional investment while maximizing the returns for our current shareholders " ??? I'm not.

That quote is from the July 14, 2021 Business Wire announcement of our new Integrous association. It also states that Integrous will lead Brainchip's financial communications and strategic investor relations initiatives. Oh? Is that so?

Perhaps our Brainchip - Integrous investor relations initiatives are under NDA's. What else can explain that all we hear from this relationship are crickets?

Oh, well, at least U.S. retail nudged BRCHF shares up 4% today.

Regards, dippY
I'm an ADR buyer the volume is and has always been low. I bought them cause these shares are not shortable so I thought for a long term view they are the best for me. I also have asx shares and yeah they are liquid like mad hence the volitility. I bought the ADR not for trades but a 5 to 10 year picture when they are finally in demand you will see action but at that time it will be listed on the NASDQ and well north of today's prices.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Slade

Top 20
Seagars joining the board of directors for Edge Impulse is Huge news for BrainChip.
“Unlocking our world's potential through smarter, more efficient, and accessible computing has been a consistent theme in my professional journey,” Simon says. “Edge Impulse shares this vision and is at the center of the next frontier of edge computing, by empowering developers to harness machine learning across all classes of edge devices.”

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

Shadow59

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

M_C

Founding Member
Seagars joining the board of directors for Edge Impulse is Huge news for BrainChip.
“Unlocking our world's potential through smarter, more efficient, and accessible computing has been a consistent theme in my professional journey,” Simon says. “Edge Impulse shares this vision and is at the center of the next frontier of edge computing, by empowering developers to harness machine learning across all classes of edge devices.”
I wonder who's board of directors he may also join........................................wouldn't rule it out considering the large portion of former ARM employees we already have on the books.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users
I haven't seen this been discussed on TSEX, not sure about the old place.

BOSCH Center for Artificial Intelligence has been studying SNN for years

Can some of our more learned members draw inference from the above studies from BOSCH.

Its great to be a shareholder
Learning.
Hi @Learning
We spent a lot of time and energy over on HC looking at Bosch and @uiux is a Bosch savant.

The bottom line is they have been trying to play catch-up and unfortunately for them Peter van der Made has been there and done that and blown up the bridges behind him.

The following extract sets out the problem they are yet to resolve

“Adaptively rescaling the SNN weights or firing thresholds could be a solution to alleviate this effect. This can be seen as a kind of homeostasis mechanism that keeps the overall firing rates of SNNs at a constant level.”

But this problem is already dealt with and the solution patented by Peter van der Made so if they eventually get passed this point in their research and seek a patent then likely will suffer pushback.

Despite Brainchip holding a patent for CNN to SNN conversion you will notice there is not one reference to Brainchip in this paper which is rather telling as they are clearly not confident they have found a more efficient work around.

In fact they are still a long way from a solution as the above extract makes clear and as they state in their concluding paragraph more research is required.

They also state in their paper that they are yet to identify how to create the hardware upon which to run their converter which also has been done and patented by Peter van der Made and team.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users
Hi @Learning
We spent a lot of time and energy over on HC looking at Bosch and @uiux is a Bosch savant.

The bottom line is they have been trying to play catch-up and unfortunately for them Peter van der Made has been there and done that and blown up the bridges behind him.

“Adaptively rescaling the SNN weights or firing thresholds could be a solution to alleviate this effect. This can be seen as a kind of homeostasis mechanism that keeps the overall firing rates of SNNs at a constant level.”

But this problem is already dealt with and the solution patented by Peter van der Made so if they eventually get passed this point in their research and seek a patent then likely will suffer pushback.

Despite Brainchip holding a patent for CNN to SNN conversion you will notice there is not one reference to Brainchip in this paper which is rather telling as they are clearly not confident they have found a more efficient work around.

In fact they are still a long way from a solution as the above extract makes clear and as they state in their concluding paragraph more research is required.

They also state in their paper that they are yet to identify how to create the hardware upon which to run their converter which also has been done and patented by Peter van der Made and team.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I should add that while Bosch is a truly great company last year they sat at number 6 in a list of global providers of semiconductors to the automotive industry and Renesas was at number 3.

Once again Renesas who also had an Ai Edge research program jumped on board the Brainchip Bus and the one percent question raises its ugly head.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Hi @Learning

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Hi @Learning

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thank you FF

For your in-depth wisdom.

Learning

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Labsy

Regular
Morning all... ACCUMULATION FRIDAY! I love it...

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

ndefries

Regular
Thank you FF

For your in-depth wisdom.

Learning
Makes me wonder why they bother trying. Just bolt on some Akida IP and forge ahead.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
These researchers have found another use for an SNN Chip:

“1 Introduction
Cloud services cause an exponentially growing traffic in data centers. This requires optical transceivers to operate at lower power and lower cost. Because digital signal processing (DSP) has high power consumption, recent research envisions replacing the DSP in part with an analog frontend with lower power
consumption….

“Conclusions
In this work, we have implemented an SNN on the mixed-signal neuromorphic hardware system BrainScaleS-2 (BSS-2). While we observed a hardware penalty slightly below 1dB at a BER of 2×10−3, the BSS-2 SNN outperforms a simulated linear equalizer with the same number of taps, thanks to nonlinear processing.

The presented results confirm that neuromorphic hardware can provide the reliability required by signal processing in optical transceivers.

Promising directions
for future research include reducing the hardware penalty, reducing the architec- tural complexity and increasing the intrin- sic speed of the SNN, and optimizing the input and output interfaces of the SNN. Furthermore, processing by the SNN must be parallelized. Also, the effective power consumption of neuromorphic signal pro- cessing should be analyzed and compared to digital processing.
In a future hardware implementation, spikes could be generated directly from the electrical signal coming from the photo diode, thereby replacing the power-hungry analog-to-digital converter (ADC). In this work, we have considered hard decision demapping. Another interesting direction is the design of an SNN equalizer/demap- per with soft output.”

About Brainscale:

4 BrainScaleS-2 System

We deploy our SNN equalizer/demapper on the accelerated mixed-signal neuromor phic BSS-2 system, developed at Heidel- berg University [5] in Germany.

On its analog neural network core, it emulates up to 512 LIF neurons and 128 k synapses in analog circuits in parallel and in continu- ous time. Hardware synapses have 6-bit weights, which can be configured as in- hibitory (negative sign) or excitatory (pos- itive sign). The neurons communicate via digital spike events. Each neuron is parameterized individually.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom