BRN Discussion Ongoing

Makeme 2020

Regular
Renesas working side by side with Intel.

Renesas Unveils Industry’s First I3C Intelligent Switch Family for Next Generation Server, Storage and Communications Systems

Innovative Devices Enable Control Bus Scaling in Chassis- and Rack-Based Systems While Simplifying Overall Design
(Graphic: Business Wire)
May 31, 2022 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today unveiled the industry’s first I3C intelligent switch devices targeting next generation server motherboards and other infrastructure equipment. The new chips vastly enhance scalability and reliability while reducing the complexity of high-performance system designs. They enable I3C control plane networks with multiple initiator controllers, such as CPU and Baseboard Management Controllers (BMC), to support targets across a large physical network running at full speed by improving signal integrity and reducing capacitive loading. They also support heterogeneous designs by providing IO level shifting and protocol translation for mixed I2C/SMBus and I3C networks.
“We are thrilled to have worked with Intel to realize that vision with the introduction of our new I3C intelligent switch family. These devices empower our customers and partners to bring advanced platform management capabilities to every subsystem within the rack.”
Tweet this
The MIPI I3C® bus is a scalable control bus interface for connecting peripherals to processor or other management controllers. It offers advantages of high performance, improved reliability, very low power, and low electromagnetic interference (EMI). All of these benefits enable new system functionality such as advanced telemetry, fault recovery, sideband security, component authentication and faster boot times.
Current system designs often use the legacy I2C protocol and simple field-effect transistor (FET) switches to connect initiator and target devices on a motherboard. This approach cannot scale to I3C speeds, which fundamentally limits system management to the most rudimentary of capabilities. Renesas’ new I3C intelligent switch family allows expansion of two initiator (upstream) ports to four, eight or more target ports at max speed with full protocol awareness and compliance. The new Renesas family also provides seamless translation between I3C and I2C devices allowing full plug and play compatibility of legacy devices onto the control plane network. The I3C Intelligent switch is a result of close collaboration between Renesas and Intel teams starting with conception, specification definition and other pre silicon activities. The collaboration continued to post silicon activities including software development and component and system level validation.
“Renesas was the pioneer of I3C hubs and expanders targeting the DDR5 DIMM market and we have always imagined great potential for this technology to proliferate across the entire platform,” said Rami Sethi, Vice President, Infrastructure Mixed Signal Division at Renesas. “We are thrilled to have worked with Intel to realize that vision with the introduction of our new I3C intelligent switch family. These devices empower our customers and partners to bring advanced platform management capabilities to every subsystem within the rack.”
“We are pleased at the strong collaboration between Renesas and Intel in defining an essential circuit solution for the expanding use cases of MIPI I3C Basic applications,” said Vik Tymchenko, VP and GM Platform Hardware Engineering Division at Intel. “Products like the I3C intelligent switch family help solve the fundamental limitations of MIPI I3C interface implementations in data center hardware. With an I3C switch we can increase capacitance and devices supported by an I3C network.”
Renesas is a world leader in high-performance computing peripheral devices. The new I3C intelligent switch family complements Renesas solutions such as the DDR5 I3C expanders, registered clock drivers (RCDs), power management ICs (PMICs), serial presence detect (SPD) hubs, temperature sensors and data buffers.
Availability
Renesas is offering two versions of the I3C intelligent switch device, one with two upstream ports and four downstream ports and another with two upstream ports and eight downstream ports. The new devices are sampling to select customers now and are expected to be widely available in the first quarter of 2023. More information is available at www.renesas.com/i3c.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter, and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power, and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

mrgds

Regular
Have you been talking with Cathy FF? ..........😜

AKIDA "TRILLISTA"

Or has RT been talking with Cathy? ....................... "tip of the iceberg"

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
...so where does it say that he was going to step down in the AGM presentation? if I may be so bold as to say that it is still in progress ... or is this one of those imaginary things that will happen when it happens?...
Yes

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Renesas working side by side with Intel.

Renesas Unveils Industry’s First I3C Intelligent Switch Family for Next Generation Server, Storage and Communications Systems

Innovative Devices Enable Control Bus Scaling in Chassis- and Rack-Based Systems While Simplifying Overall Design
May 31, 2022 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today unveiled the industry’s first I3C intelligent switch devices targeting next generation server motherboards and other infrastructure equipment. The new chips vastly enhance scalability and reliability while reducing the complexity of high-performance system designs. They enable I3C control plane networks with multiple initiator controllers, such as CPU and Baseboard Management Controllers (BMC), to support targets across a large physical network running at full speed by improving signal integrity and reducing capacitive loading. They also support heterogeneous designs by providing IO level shifting and protocol translation for mixed I2C/SMBus and I3C networks.

The MIPI I3C® bus is a scalable control bus interface for connecting peripherals to processor or other management controllers. It offers advantages of high performance, improved reliability, very low power, and low electromagnetic interference (EMI). All of these benefits enable new system functionality such as advanced telemetry, fault recovery, sideband security, component authentication and faster boot times.
Current system designs often use the legacy I2C protocol and simple field-effect transistor (FET) switches to connect initiator and target devices on a motherboard. This approach cannot scale to I3C speeds, which fundamentally limits system management to the most rudimentary of capabilities. Renesas’ new I3C intelligent switch family allows expansion of two initiator (upstream) ports to four, eight or more target ports at max speed with full protocol awareness and compliance. The new Renesas family also provides seamless translation between I3C and I2C devices allowing full plug and play compatibility of legacy devices onto the control plane network. The I3C Intelligent switch is a result of close collaboration between Renesas and Intel teams starting with conception, specification definition and other pre silicon activities. The collaboration continued to post silicon activities including software development and component and system level validation.
“Renesas was the pioneer of I3C hubs and expanders targeting the DDR5 DIMM market and we have always imagined great potential for this technology to proliferate across the entire platform,” said Rami Sethi, Vice President, Infrastructure Mixed Signal Division at Renesas. “We are thrilled to have worked with Intel to realize that vision with the introduction of our new I3C intelligent switch family. These devices empower our customers and partners to bring advanced platform management capabilities to every subsystem within the rack.”
“We are pleased at the strong collaboration between Renesas and Intel in defining an essential circuit solution for the expanding use cases of MIPI I3C Basic applications,” said Vik Tymchenko, VP and GM Platform Hardware Engineering Division at Intel. “Products like the I3C intelligent switch family help solve the fundamental limitations of MIPI I3C interface implementations in data center hardware. With an I3C switch we can increase capacitance and devices supported by an I3C network.”
Renesas is a world leader in high-performance computing peripheral devices. The new I3C intelligent switch family complements Renesas solutions such as the DDR5 I3C expanders, registered clock drivers (RCDs), power management ICs (PMICs), serial presence detect (SPD) hubs, temperature sensors and data buffers.
Availability
Renesas is offering two versions of the I3C intelligent switch device, one with two upstream ports and four downstream ports and another with two upstream ports and eight downstream ports. The new devices are sampling to select customers now and are expected to be widely available in the first quarter of 2023. More information is available at www.renesas.com/i3c.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter, and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power, and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
A couple of little clues deserving the input of @Diogenese.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Great work Rise, I know I'm the same as you, never thought I would have a paid membership to a forum either, but this place is special & its not some big organisation, it's just one amazing man who needs all of our support ❤️

Here is some peer pressure for the rest of you who are thinking about becoming a paid member :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

do it jewish GIF

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF
Became a paid member today. Just to show my appreciation to @zeeb0t

• Love
  • Fire

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
A couple of little clues deserving the input of @Diogenese.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Another big potential partnership happening. I wounded why we have all these merging companies atm?

Attachments

• 527B4F6F-2F2E-45AA-B80A-3C62AFA04288.png
    527B4F6F-2F2E-45AA-B80A-3C62AFA04288.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 88
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
...so where does it say that he was going to step down in the AGM presentation? if I may be so bold as to say that it is still in progress ... or is this one of those imaginary things that will happen when it happens?...
south park beat a dead horse GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 27 users

Rskiff

Regular
Yes a huge thank you to zeeb0t and also a massive thanks to all that contribute to this forum and stick at it. I personally am relieved that tsex has established itself as a worthy site to discuss brn in a civilised manner, as the other crap place wasn't/isn't a healthy place to be mentally. I haven't visited since tsex began and not missing it one bit.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

ndefries

Regular
Another big potential partnership happening. I wounded why we have all these merging companies atm?
Big players are not sitting on their hands that is for sure! There is money available to be spent on the massive demand and changes coming in our world. Well that is what my fusion sensors are deciphering

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
The CEO Sean Hehir in his Commsec Executive Series interview said that he was building a multinational company that was going to be the de facto standard a lofty ambition. If he was planning on selling out to the first bidder this would not be necessary:

Walden University Education For Good logo

Top Five Reasons Every Business Should Have a Succession Plan​

What would you do if you lost one of the leaders of your company? If you don’t have a detailed answer, you’re not alone. In fact, one study showed that nearly 60% of small-business owners don’t have a succession plan for themselves,1 let alone for their top executives. If this is true for your company, you should consider planning for leadership succession as soon as possible. The benefits of it can be enormous. Here are five reasons why.

1. Succession Planning Can Help You Survive an Unforeseen Event​

Unfortunately, there are a lot of ways you can suddenly lose one of your company’s top leaders. Death, illness, personal problems, abrupt resignation, and even arrest can leave you with an unexpected vacancy in one of your most important positions. While you can’t plan for disaster, you can plan on how to respond to such events. Without a succession plan, you will have to scramble to keep the business running smoothly. But with a succession plan, you will have a strategy in place for filling and backfilling even the most important leadership roles in your company. This can be the difference between whether or not you keep your company afloat during trying times.
Top Five Reasons Every Business Should Have a Succession Plan

2. Succession Planning Forces You to Think Long Term​

Many of us spend our time focused on this week’s meeting or this quarter’s earnings. It’s not that anyone believes long-term planning isn’t important, it’s that it’s hard to make the time. Succession planning forces you to take the time to think about your company’s future. Who among your staff do you think can rise to fill a top leadership position? How will you bring them along? If you don’t have anyone who can be trained to take on various leadership roles, do you have a hiring problem or a leadership development problem? Do you need to make changes? These questions—and many others—will come up during succession planning. Developing answers won’t just help you with future successions, it will help you set a smart course for your company’s future.

3. Succession Planning Can Spur Intracompany Communication​

Since succession planning is about laying the groundwork for the future, it’s typical for companies to involve the heads of every department and/or every member of the organization. Getting everyone together to talk about future plans is a great way to promote communication between departments and/or employees. Any intracompany communication—but particularly conversations about long-term plans—can improve the way everyone works together on a day-to-day basis. Human resource professionals in your office can be a great asset, especially if they are credentialed human resource professionals and are well versed in succession planning.

4. Succession Planning Can Save You Money​

If you aren’t prepared for an unexpected vacancy, you risk incurring significant costs. Not only are you unlikely to be efficient in your search for a replacement, but you may end up paying a burdensome salary to the person you hire. Some experts believe improper succession planning is the largest factor influencing bloated executive pay.2 It costs money to lure qualified people away from their current jobs. In addition, a new hire could bring along their own people, who may also cost you more than you would like. Even if there are no “surprise” circumstances for a leadership vacancy, having a documented succession plan in place for several positions can often save you the costs associated with hiring outside people for key leadership roles. If you have a plan for promoting from within, you can avoid paying a premium to fill an important position.

5. Succession Planning Can Keep Your Staff Motivated​

Putting a succession plan in place can send a positive message to your staff. They will know the company is planning for the future, and perhaps more importantly, they will see that the company is committed to developing staff members for future leadership positions. By demonstrating your dedication to stability and internal promotion, you can increase your staff’s confidence in the company and motivate them to give their best effort.

Where Can You Learn More About Succession Planning (and Good Personnel Management)?​

Creating a good succession plan takes a lot of skill and knowledge. One of the best ways to acquire the expertise you need is to enroll in an online Doctor of Business Administration program with a specialization in Human Resource Management. Earning your DBA online lets you take advantage of online learning’s flexibility and convenience, meaning you can earn your doctorate while you continue to hold down your current job.
Earning an online DBA degree with a human resource management specialization will help you become an expert in personnel management. It’s a great way to learn the skills you need to help your company—or any other company—put a succession plan in place.
Walden University is an accredited institution offering an online DBA degree with a specialization in Human Resource Management. Expand your career options and earn your degree in a convenient, flexible format that fits your busy life.
1Source: www.wilmingtontrust.com/repositories/wtc_sitecontent/PDF/The-Power-of-Planning.pdf
2Source: www.forbes.com/sites/donalddelves/2011/03/31/the-critical-importance-of-succession-planning/#45f2663f5018
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, www.hlcommission.org.
WALDEN PROGRAMS
Walden Offers 80+ Online Programs to Move Your Life Forward, find your program now.
FIND YOUR PROGRAM

REQUEST INFO

ABOUT WALDEN

COLLEGES AND SCHOOLS​

NEWS & EVENTS

PARTNERS​

ALUMNI

Walden University is a member of Adtalem Global Education, Inc. www.adtalem.com
© 2022 Walden University LLC. All rights reserved.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Wags

Regular
1000% agree FF.
The company is again just demonstrating maturity and wisdom. Succession plans for all should apply, some shoes easier to fill than others, but extremely important risk assessments to consider.
Peter, IMO, is a seasoned allrounder, able to fit into any spot as needed (and demonstrated). Though from all I have heard and read, he is more excited and passionate about spiking neurones than minutes of meetings.
Im happy that solid business acumen is steering this company, and also very happy for Peter and Anil, to be collaborating with like minded clever cats, to enhance and improve their creation.
What's that old work/life saying......."Do more of what you Love"
Ive been pondering the negative vote for Peter since the AGM, the Brainchip Institute and now succession planning, given some of the views of others..
It's pretty obvious Im a big fan of this company, and in my world, Ive got a fair chunk of skin in the game.

Im not as eloquent as FF, or techy as that dodgy knees fella, or as knowledgeable and capable as many many of the 1000 eyes.
I don't pretend to understand the inner workings of the technology, but I absolutely do believe we are a technological giant in the making.

I am not just up ramping, I am simply stating what I believe. I hold and follow 5 other stocks, which I think have great potential and growth, but none are another BRN.

Wouldn't we EXPECT our management to have considered risks, and have responses and successions planned? I know I do! No different to patents in my view.
Wouldn't we EXPECT our management to be using the best skills of individuals in roles that are pivotal and meaningful to planning? I do.
The growth in the management /sales team in a no brainer. The enormous myriad of tasks and hurdles must be as mind boggling as the technology.
Manoeuvring of people and resources for best outcomes happens every day, and in my view, doesn't require formal announcement unless legally bound.
If Peter wants on or off the board, he has my votes. It would need to be communicated by him
I have said before, all I have seen from this organisation is integrity, and shrued methodical systematic steps in the right direction. Nothing is perfect and they will fumble the ball at some point, but I don't think they will drop the ball.
I like it when I hear a leader use the words like agile, messaging, correction. Research being the Northern Star...
The longer term and recent dot joins, the groundswell of information now in the public domain, and increasing almost daily, the spiders web of connections, it just feels obvious. Words like UBIQUITOUS and DEFACT STANDARD seem achievable. @factfinders 1% is just outrageously silly IMO (no criticism intended FF).

It is clear for all to see, the blatant manipulation and games being played with the SP. Most of us can merely spectate and try and contain our frustration. I'm as impatient as everyone, but I am also encouraged by the games. This doesn't happen if your a shit show. It happens cause the players smell cash. Traders here may/may not, care to give an honest account as to the accumulation, manipulation and trickery. I don't prophess to understand that either.

Im choked with the Manflu since getting back from Syd and probably a bit irritable, so I apologise for my supportive rant of this organisation. I'll go take my meds, then I'm off to buy the most comfortable deck chair I can find, to sit and watch these stars evolve.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
FYI. In answer to a conversation earlier in the week regarding industry funds voting rights.
Aussie Super.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

MDhere

Regular
My takeaway and why:

Marc Steimer said in five years there will be NO DUMB SENSORS.

Marc Steimer said SENSOR FUSION is the most beneficial aspect by fusing multiple sensory inputs to create an actionable output intelligible to a human operator.

At 2021 Ai Field Day Anil Mankar said we believe EVERY SENSOR HAS A RIGHT TO BE SMART

Brainchip says WE DON’T MAKE SENSORS WE MAKE THEM SMART.

Brainchip says WE PROCESS ALL FIVE SENSES.

Rob Telson SESOR FUSION is what Brainchip can do.

Michael DELL said 10% of data currently processed at Edge in 2025 75% of data will be processed at the Edge.

BRAINCHIP HAS A PATENT PROTECTED THREE YEAR LEAD AND 2022 TO 2025 IS FOUR YEARS AND WHEN THE NEXT IP WITH LSTM IS RELEASED SHORTLY THIS LEAD EXTENDS TO 5 YEARS - source Peter van der Made

QUESTION:

‘IF IT IS NOT BRAINCHIP WHO WILL IT BE MAKING SENSORS SMART AND FUSING DIVERSE SENSORY DATA DURING THE NEXT 4 YEARS INTO ACTIONABLE INSIGHTS AT THE EDGE?’

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
i hear ya FF! especially with all the caps :D

Also i just love the sound of Marcs voice and his enthusiasm, it's so uplifting, when he emphasis stuff its like he is jumping out of his chair trying to get the message across to his listeners. a.i. "it's the data, processing the data" people are confused what a.i. is - That's not the edge, that's the fog!
LOVE IT , he calls the cloud data the fog lol Process the data on the device thats the edge, then it can go to the cloud or fog lol
So my takeaway is in one sentence:
"ultimately it has to move to the edge!."
that by the way is also Macs words not just mine.

Moving data to the cloud (fog) is a bad thing but analysing on the edge is the key.

I could listen to Marcs voice everyday, he is so excited, seems to be just as excited as I am.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

M_C

Founding Member
And is the reference by Rob Telson to Alexa in his presentations significant???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: Don’t ask @MC🐠 we already know what he will answer. 😂🤣😂
tenor-7.gif

Very funny mate......😜

While I'm here, i might as well drop this little nugget.......

Screenshot_20220601-122711_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

JoMo68

Regular
View attachment 8239
Happy to support this great forum never thought in a million years I'd ever have a paid subscription to a stock forum let alone any forum🤓🤯😐😂
I’m a fully paid up member now too 🤗 Fabulous forum Zeebot!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom