BRN Discussion Ongoing

Jumpchooks

Regular
Without PVDM there is no Brainchip!
I disagree with that statement,

I attach recent response to my question on the subject,

Thankyou for your email. In future, please direct your questions to me directly, not to our Sales team.

In response to you question regarding succession planning for key members of staff, it goes without saying that Peter van der Made is a unique and irreplaceable asset to our business.

That being said, Peter isn’t going to be at BrainChip forever and we have to consider a future without him.

This is a big priority for our CEO Sean Hehir. Sean has succession plans in place for all our key executives.

In Peter’s case, we have recently appointed Dr Valentina Tiporlini as the Manager of the BrainChip Research Institute in Perth. Valentina has taken over day to day management of the BRI from Peter so he can do more of the research work that he loves so much.

We are very fortunate to have a number of staff members who could potentially replace Peter as CTO, but frankly that would still leave some very big shoes to fill.

Regards

Tony Dawe
Investor Relations Manager
+61 (0)405 989 743

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I wondered who would pick this up first guess which country has a hacking industry. Or did they find this out at the Ai Hardware Summit???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I suppose there'd be a lot of Russian oligarch's who'd go to just about any lengths to replace their current Mercs with smarter ones, ie. the Vision EQXX.

yay-spying.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

VictorG

My concern is that the smart money will be on a potential takeover offer in the not too distant future,if the stories are true and someone has accumulated 50+ million shares and still going we should get an idea who it is when the new top 20 is realeased shortly.
The BRN BOD have been on an investor roadshow, I wouldn't be surprised if they have generated significant investor interest resulting in accumulation of vast volume of shares by one or more institutions.
On the other hand if the accumulation of shares is by one buyer intent on a takeover, we the shareholders will win by a takeover offer that will not succeed but will establish a new market valuation for BRN, somewhere way north of the previous high.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users
@Fact Finder
And yes we had an announcement or media release about this some time back.
Just thought it was interesting that interested parties could contact through this website to acquire tech.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
You are an absolute legend @zeeb0t !!! Thank you for all everything you do and that we all benefit from and without which ee would either be stuck in that other hellhole or have no forum . Such a generous community on here.
When I pull my finger out I'll be subscribing for membership as a show of support and appreciation.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
When I pull my finger out I'll be subscribing for membership as a show of support and appreciation.

Thats very nice of you, yes Z has done an amazing job here, it would be very nice for everyone to join Z's paid membership for all the great work he has done & the great work he continues to do everyday for us, my days are so much more pleasant now that I don't have to spend time at that other place.

To me this site is a very peaceful & informative place to be, I would hate to think if Z's costs were not covered for running this site that it could one day disappear, the price charts provided on this site alone cost thousands of dollars, not to mention all the other costs :)

Thanks for supporting Z Rise (y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
On the question of a takeover as retail have more than sufficient numbers to prevent such occurring I thought I should declare that I would accept an offer which was equal to a fifty percent discount on Brainchip’s future true value in cash and or shares based on Peter van der Made’s assessment of ten times Microsoft’s valuation.

This is not advice simply a declaration of intent. 😁😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 54 users

Diogenese

Top 20
"Dominant market share"

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

VictorG

On the question of a takeover as retail have more than sufficient numbers to prevent such occurring I thought I should declare that I would accept an offer which was equal to a fifty percent discount on Brainchip’s future true value in cash and or shares based on Peter van der Made’s assessed of ten times Microsoft’s valuation.

This is not advice simply a declaration of intent. 😁😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
You are very humble and generous. I'm hanging out for NZ's GDP × 10.
What's a Microsoft anyway?

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users
You are very humble and generous. I'm hanging out for NZ's GDP × 10.
What's a Microsoft anyway?
Do we get sheep with that? 🤣 FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback re my superannuation questions yesterday; much appreciated.

I was just admiring BL’s iceberg and partially remembered one IDD came up with but I cannot remember it’s name.

I must comment that I haven’t heard from him for a while and miss his input, hoping he is well?

It was about a packaging company which printed barcodes all over drink containers etc, they were invisible to the eye but a recycling machine with a certain camera and Akida would read the barcodes and then sort the containers for recycling purposes at a very quick pace as they went along a conveyor belt. I recall watching a video on it which was quite impressive.

And I learnt how to use the ”find a word” on my phone as a result of wading through a very large article to find the Akida reference to then have FF enlighten me on how to find it with a few clicks of a button :)

If anyone can remember the company I’d be interested to see how they are progressing because they should be at least below the waterline!

Cheers

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
And is the reference by Rob Telson to Alexa in his presentations significant???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: Don’t ask @MC🐠 we already know what he will answer. 😂🤣😂
I was actually thinking about RT's reference to Alexa when I was typing but I didn't include it. I'm glad you did.
We know they are trying to move more processing to the edge, we'll have to wait and see how successful they have been. Here is some food for thought from their web page:

How to make on-device speech recognition practical

By Grant P. Strimel September 02, 2021

Branching encoder networks make operation more efficient, while “neural diffing” reduces bandwidth requirements for model updates.

Related publications

Historically, Alexa’s automatic-speech-recognition models, which convert speech to text, have run in the cloud. But in recent years, we’ve been working to move more of Alexa’s computational capacity to the edge of the network — to Alexa-enabled devices themselves.

The move to the edge promises faster response times, since data doesn’t have to travel to and from the cloud; lower consumption of Internet bandwidth, which is important in some applications; and availability on devices with inconsistent Internet connections, such as Alexa-enabled in-car sound systems.

At this year’s Interspeech, we and our colleagues presented two papers describing some of the innovations we’re introducing to make it practical to run Alexa at the edge.

In one paper, “Amortized neural networks for low-latency speech recognition”, we show how to reduce the computational cost of neural-network-based automatic speech recognition (ASR) by 45% with no loss in accuracy. Our method also has lower latencies than similar methods for reducing computation, meaning that it enables Alexa to respond more quickly to customer requests.

In the other paper, “Learning a neural diff for speech models”, we show how to dramatically reduce the bandwidth required to update neural models on the edge. Instead of transmitting a complete model, we transmit a set of updates for some select parameters. In our experiments, this reduced the size of the update by as much as 98% with negligible effect on model accuracy.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Just watched the Commsec video with Sean. Wow, Sean is very impressive.

Throughout the video, you really get a sense that Sean knows exactly how to get Brainchip to the next level and beyond. What he's shown over the past 6 months gives me such confidence he can not only lead Brainchip onto the World stage but become the ultimate global game changer everyone will know them for.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback re my superannuation questions yesterday; much appreciated.

I was just admiring BL’s iceberg and partially remembered one IDD came up with but I cannot remember it’s name.

I must comment that I haven’t heard from him for a while and miss his input, hoping he is well?

It was about a packaging company which printed barcodes all over drink containers etc, they were invisible to the eye but a recycling machine with a certain camera and Akida would read the barcodes and then sort the containers for recycling purposes at a very quick pace as they went along a conveyor belt. I recall watching a video on it which was quite impressive.

And I learnt how to use the ”find a word” on my phone as a result of wading through a very large article to find the Akida reference to then have FF enlighten me on how to find it with a few clicks of a button :)

If anyone can remember the company I’d be interested to see how they are progressing because they should be at least below the waterline!

Cheers
Digimarc

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
That’s it: well done!

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20210299706A1/en?oq=us20210299706a1

https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2021195563A1/en?oq=WO2021195563A1

I’ve had a bit of a look and found the trial was successful as per the article above but can’t find any more on Akida at the moment. Maybe it doesn’t belong on the iceberg picture yet. :(

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Baisyet

Regular
  • Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

JoMo68

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users