BRN Discussion Ongoing

Pappagallo

Regular
I have mentioned that my curse in life is to remember things and one of the things I remember is the former CEO Mr. Dinardo two calendar years ago when the Brainchip share price jumped and knowing everything that was in play was asked about the share price creating a billion dollar Brainchip and he expressed surprise.

He was widely criticised on HC over his statement as it was seen as a lack of faith in the company and an expression that the share price was too high at that time. The trolls had a field day with this statement and 'Shares for idiots' constantly referenced his statement.

At the time I defended Mr. Dinardo because as a CEO of a publicly listed ASX company he had an obligation to be truthful and all he was doing was what a reasonable shareholder should expect by not creating a false market. He was surprised. I was surprised. I expect every one who remembers it and was a genuine holder of Brainchip's shares was also surprised.

Mr. Dinardo had full knowledge of where the company was at and it would have been grossly negligent of him to have said anything at that time which would have raised unrealistic expectations because of his position in the company.

So why have I reminded everyone of his statement. Simple it is to amplify the significance of the following statements of the now CEO Sean Hehir:
  • BRN market cap (at close to $2bn) is not even close to topping out based on size of the market – a lot of room to grow).
  • Market cap not even close to where it can and should be
These were not off the cuff remarks spoken in haste these were considered and planned statements agreed to be communicated by the Board. How do I know this well he did not qualify them with "This is my opinion only." Therefore the Board has approved his use of these words.

Further he did not tell the audience to read a Disclaimer about forward looking statements. Therefore the Board has approved his use of these words.

In a nutshell he has put himself and the Board squarely in the bullseye of any legal action that might flow as investors and shareholders are entitled to rely upon what he has said.

So on the one hand we had an honest CEO Mr. Dinardo resist the opportunity to pump the share price and create a false market as it would have been dishonest.

On the other hand we have had an honest CEO Mr. Sean Hehir with the approval of the Board now state the present share price does not reflect where the share price should be based upon everything he knows including the size of the market.

If the statement by Mr. Dinardo was sufficient to justify considering the share price had run too hard then you could reasonably think that the statement by Mr. Sean Hehir justifies a belief that the share price has not yet run hard enough and the company is undervalued.

My opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I remember Ken Scarince saying something similar in an interview last year re the MC being worth “a few billion” in the coming years. I took a few to mean more than two at the time but it’s possibly a lot more in light of Sean’s comments.

So now we have had both the CEO and CFO publicly state that we’re undervalued. It’s illogical for anyone to disregard these comments as off the cuff remarks IMO. They’re consistent with each other and confidently put forward and that confidence comes from somewhere.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
I remember Ken Scarince saying something similar in an interview last year re the MC being worth “a few billion” in the coming years. I took a few to mean more than two at the time but it’s possibly a lot more in light of Sean’s comments.

So now we have had both the CEO and CFO publicly state that we’re undervalued. It’s illogical for anyone to disregard these comments as off the cuff remarks IMO. They’re consistent with each other and confidently put forward and that confidence comes from somewhere.
Or maybe as time goes on, Brainchip management along with the rest of the World for that matter are constantly changing the way they realise how seriously huge the market/areas Brainchip can cover and therefore what Brainchip can potentially become. I'm guessing in 1, 2, 3 .... years time, everyone will be reassessing again, as the market grows beyond what we believe now and even new markets evolving because of Brainchip's technology.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Hi Pappagallo, I remember that too. Here's something I prepared earlier on the crapper on this subject. That sounds a bit dodgy, doesn't it? He-he-he! 🤭

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 1.44.39 pm.png

PS: At the time I was trying out work out which particular company Ken might have been referring to. As I reasoned it wouldn't be too difficult to establish which AI companies had just been recently acquired at the time Ken made this comment. But because I don't have FF's memory, I have completely forgotten which one I thought it was.🥴 But, I have a feeling it was a company that sold at around 50 billion buckaroos! 🥳

JMO!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Hi Pappagallo, I remember that too. Here's something I prepared earlier on the crapper on this subject. That sounds a bit dodgy, doesn't it? He-he-he! 🤭

View attachment 8164

PS: At the time I was trying out work out which particular company Ken might have been referring to. As I reasoned it wouldn't be too difficult to establish which AI companies had just been recently acquired at the time Ken made this comment. But because I don't have FF's memory, I have completely forgotten which one I thought it was.🥴 But, I have a feeling it was a company that sold at around 50 billion buckaroos! 🥳

JMO!
images-1.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

gex

Regular
DEFACTO STANDARD.
MC- NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I'm done

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Or maybe as time goes on, Brainchip management along with the rest of the World for that matter are constantly changing the way they realise how seriously huge the market/areas Brainchip can cover and therefore what Brainchip can potentially become. I'm guessing in 1, 2, 3 .... years time, everyone will be reassessing again, as the market grows beyond what we believe now and even new markets evolving because of Brainchip's technology.
Very valid point the scientific world is only just starting to wake up to what Peter van der Made has invented.

Up to 2018 Peter van der Made was proposing basically the complete over throw of Von Neumann computing as a consequence of his invention.

In 2019 they took the strategic decision to target the then greenfield site called Edge computing so as to avoid competition with mega incumbents who as Apple has done to others could freeze them out.

The thing is the science never went away and Peter van der Made’s vision of what that science can do is alive and well.

I am reminded of Sean Hehir when disclosing that they were having discussions with a communication company stated that it was for an application Brainchip had not considered previously.

I had a private laugh as I thought I bet you did not ask Peter van der Made before you made this statement. A little bit US centric perhaps.

Peter van der Made when I thanked him for personally addressing some of my emailed questions to Tony Dawe late at night responded at length so I am compressing his wide ranging reply to “I never sleep…I wish I had another 100 years”.

So do I quite frankly as I have absolutely no doubt Peter van der Made is only just getting started. Retirement is not an option.

The fact that Sean Hehir is describing Peter van der Made’s Perth Research Centre as Brainchip’s North Star is evidence he is fast catching on to how much more than the Edge is in play and what Peter van der Made, his team and Anil Mankar and his team are going to deliver to the World.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 80 users

MADX

Regular
I hope you don't MADX.

Existing devices/applications have a manufacturing and product lifecycle which in most cases takes years in prior planning to roll out. If they don't manufacture themselves they have to book slots with their manufacturer who has to reconfigure their production line for each new product. It is incredibly difficult to change gears mid lifecycle. Companies try and avoid it like the plague. Companies prefer to wait until the end of the current lifecycle to upgrade and extend the product lifecycle.

There is also a sales and marketing aspect. If customers know you intend to improve the product mid lifecycle, they'll wait until you do and not buy the existing product you have already manufactured sitting on the shelf. You also run the risk of upsetting those customers who already have. There is a famous example of this which refuses to come to mind. They announced a major upgrade to an existing product. Their customers stopped buying the existing product so they went broke and never implemented the new upgrade.
Thx proga excellent and educational. You have made me realise that the bottom line is that we probably have to be patient with mainly announcements about collaborations rather than coming devices at which time the SP will really take off. Those pesky n.d.a.'s will be a dampener meanwhile

Reactions: 5 users

MADX

Regular
Hi @MADX
There was a lot said at the meeting but the part I listened to that referred to 3 years said "1,2 or 3 years".

Secondly it has been stated by all of the Brainchip team at one time or another that you need to catch them (whoever that might be) at the right time in the development cycle. They have also said that depending on the product the development cycle can be from 6 months to 4 years.

Then we have Valeo who has been on board since 2019. Ford and Renesas from at least 2020. We also have 10 or 11 undisclosed EAP/proof of concept customers who have been on board since at least 2020 so we are definitely not starting from scratch ie 3 years from the AGM in May 2022 with all of these customers.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
You are right of course FF thanks. I needed the reminder of examples of Valeo,Ford and Renasas .

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers ,

Might be a big closing auction, there is some big orders slotting into the queue.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

ndefries

Regular
some big orders in the after trade auction

1653977059011.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Very valid point the scientific world is only just starting to wake up to what Peter van der Made has invented.

Up to 2018 Peter van der Made was proposing basically the complete over throw of Von Neumann computing as a consequence of his invention.

In 2019 they took the strategic decision to target the then greenfield site called Edge computing so as to avoid competition with mega incumbents who as Apple has done to others could freeze them out.

The thing is the science never went away and Peter van der Made’s vision of what that science can do is alive and well.

I am reminded of Sean Hehir when disclosing that they were having discussions with a communication company stated that it was for an application Brainchip had not considered previously.

I had a private laugh as I thought I bet you did not ask Peter van der Made before you made this statement. A little bit US centric perhaps.

Peter van der Made when I thanked him for personally addressing some of my emailed questions to Tony Dawe late at night responded at length so I am compressing his wide ranging reply to “I never sleep…I wish I had another 100 years”.

So do I quite frankly as I have absolutely no doubt Peter van der Made is only just getting started. Retirement is not an option.

The fact that Sean Hehir is describing Peter van der Made’s Perth Research Centre as Brainchip’s North Star is evidence he is fast catching on to how much more than the Edge is in play and what Peter van der Made, his team and Anil Mankar and his team are going to deliver to the World.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Absolutely. In the brief chat I had with Peter he left me in no doubt about how far beyond current Akida Tech he is thinking. :D
What he aspires to is simply mind blowing. My assumption is that Brainchip is just a part of his plan, as he needed to get a commercial operation under way to provide a funding stream, along with a properly equiped and staffed research facility and with ongoing tech expertise to fulfil his aspiration. He is the sort of guy who isn't constrained by the "what is".
He has the capacity, with help, to build what is currently SciFi "what if", from scratch.
Probably the closest I have ever met to "The Man who fell to Earth"
I have no doubt as to the integrity of Peter and what I have so far seen of the team he has collected around himself, and the strategy they are initiating.
I am as "all in" as I can allow myself to be, and though I don't know quite how long it will take for significant revenue to flow, I have no doubt that we are on the right Bus or kite or whatever the latest marketing suggests. :ROFLMAO:

AKIDA BALLISTA UBIQUITOUS YEAH BABY :ROFLMAO:
I don't think we actually need it anymore, but,
GLTAH.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users
We get our mention about 2/3 down :)

More Than 2 Billion Shipments of Devices with Machine Learning will Bring On-Device Learning and Inference Directly to Consumers by 2027​

• By ABI Research
  • May 25, 2022 Updated May 25, 2022
Federated, distributed, and few-shot learning can make consumers direct participants in Artificial Intelligence processes

NEW YORK, May 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is all around us, but the processes of inference and learning that form the backbone of AI typically take place in big servers, far removed from consumers. New models are changing all that, according to ABI Research, a global technology intelligence firm, as the more recent frameworks of Federated Learning, Distributed Learning, and Few-shot Learning can be deployed directly on consumers' devices that have lower compute and smaller power budget, bringing AI to end users.

"This is the direction the market has increasingly been moving to, though it will take some time before the full benefits of these approaches become a reality, especially in the case of Few-Shot Learning, where a single individual smartphone would be able to learn from the data that it is itself collecting. This might well prove to be an attractive proposition for many, as it does not involve uploading data onto a cloud server, making for more secure and private data. In addition, devices can be highly personalized and localized as they can possess high situational awareness and better understanding of the local environments," explains David Lobina, Research Analyst at ABI Research.

ABI Research believes that it will take up to 10 years for such on-device learning and inference to be operative, and these will require adopting new technologies, such as neuromorphic chips. The shift will take place in more powerful consumer devices, such as autonomous vehicles and robots, before making its way into the likes of smartphones, wearables, and smart home devices. Big players such as Intel, NVIDIA, and Qualcomm have been working on these models in recent years, which in addition to neuromorphic chipset players such as BrainChip and GrAI Matter Labs, have provided chips that offer improved performance on a variety of training and inference tasks. The take-up is still small, but it can potentially disrupt the market.

"Indeed, these learning models have the potential to revolutionize a variety of sectors,
most probably the fields of autonomous driving and the deployment of robots in public spaces, both of which are currently difficult to pull off, particularly in co-existence with other users," Lobina concludes. "Federated Learning, Distributed Learning, and Few-shot Learning reduces the reliance on cloud infrastructure, allowing AI implementers to create low latency, localized, and privacy preserving AI that can deliver much better user experience for end users."

These findings are from ABI Research's Federated, Distributed and Few-Shot Learning: From Servers to Devices application analysis report. This report is part of the company's AI and Machine Learning research service, which includes research, data, and ABI Insights. Application Analysis reports present in-depth analysis on key market trends and factors for a specific technology.

About ABI Research

ABI Research is a global technology intelligence firm delivering actionable research and strategic guidance to technology leaders, innovators, and decision makers around the world. Our research focuses on the transformative technologies that are dramatically reshaping industries, economies, and workforces today.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Talking about prices manipulations. The sp has been push down all day, then close to 4 million share trade at close auction (CommSec). I will take the small gain tho. 😄
Screenshot_20220531-161010_CommSec.jpg
Screenshot_20220531-161429_CommSec.jpg

Its great to be a shareholder

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users

windfall

Reactions: 13 users
Well the Russians have noticed AKIDA and in the head to head comparison of the listed Ai companies Brainchip in a table at the end of the paper is summarised as being the "first commercial neuromorphic processor with incremental, one-shot and continuous learning for CNN".

The following is the link to the paper and the actual summary and description of AKIDA that appears in the body of the paper:

Introduction:

AI systems, based on von Neumann architecture and classical neural networks,
have a number of fundamental limitations in comparison with the brain. This article dis-
cusses such limitations and the ways they can be mitigated. Next, it presents an overview
of currently available neuromorphic AI projects in which these limitations are overcame by
bringing some brain features into the functioning and organization of computing systems
(TrueNorth, Loihi, Tianjic, SpiNNaker, BrainScaleS, NeuronFlow, DYNAP, Akida). Also,
the article presents the principle of classifying neuromorphic AI systems by the brain fea-
tures they use (neural networks, parallelism and asynchrony, impulse nature of information
transfer, local learning, sparsity, analog and in-memory computing). In addition to new
architectural approaches used in neuromorphic devices based on existing silicon microelec-
tronics technologies, the article also discusses the prospects of using new memristor element
base. Examples of recent advances in the use of memristors in neuromorphic applications…

3.8 Akida

Akida
[39] is the first commercial neuromorphic processor, commercially available since August 2021. It has been developed by Australian BrainChip since 2013. Fifteen companies, including NASA, joined the early access program. In addition to Akida System on Chip (SoC), BrainChip also offers licensing of their technologies, providing chip manufacturers a license to build custom solutions.

The chip is marketed as a power efficient event-based processor for Edge computing, not
requiring an external CPU. Power consumption for various tasks may range from 100 µW to 300
mW. For example, Akida is capable of processing at 1,000 frames/Watt (compare to TrueNorth
with 6,000 frames/Watt). The first generation chip supports operations with convolutional and
fully connected networks, with the prospect to add support of LSTM, transformers, capsule
networks, recurrent and cortical neural networks. ANN network can be transformed into SNN
and executed on the chip.

One Akida chip in a mesh network incorporates 80 Neural Processing Units (NPU), which
enables modeling 1,200,000 neurons and 10,000,000,000 synapses. The chip is built at TSMC 28
nm.

In 2022, BrainChip announced the second-generation chip at 16 nm.

Akida’s ecosystem provides a free chip emulator, TensorFlow compatible framework MetaTF
for transformation of convolutional and fully connected neural networks into SNN, аnd a set of
pre-trained models. When designing a neural network architecture for execution at Akida, one
should take into account a number of additional limitations concerning the layer parameters (e.g. maximum convolution size is 7, while stride 2 is supported for convolution size 3 only) and their sequence.

The major distinctive feature is that incremental, one-shot and continuous learning are sup-
ported straight at the chip. At the AI Hardware Summit 2021 BrainChip showed the solution
capable of identifying a human in other contexts after having seen him or her only once.

Another product by BrainChip is a smart speaker, that on having heard a new voice asks the speaker to identify and after that calls the person by their name. These results are achieved with help of a proprietary local training algorithm based on homeostatic STDP. Only the last fully connected layer supports synaptic plasticity and is involved in learning.

Another instructive case from the AI Hardware Summit 2021 was a classification of fast-
moving objects (for example, a race car). Usually, such objects are off the frame centre and
significantly blurred but they can be detected using an event-based approach."

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

Violin1

Regular
some big orders in the after trade auction

View attachment 8190
I managed to snap up some bargains from about 3.55pm to 4.00pm. Could only get them in ones and twos and it cost me a fortune in brokerage!!! Lol. What dicks these instos are - but smart dicks because they are accumulating.

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users

windfall

I managed to snap up some bargains from about 3.55pm to 4.00pm. Could only get them in ones and twos and it cost me a fortune in brokerage!!! Lol. What dicks these instos are - but smart dicks because they are accumulating.
How does that happen?

Reactions: 2 users
We get our mention about 2/3 down :)

More Than 2 Billion Shipments of Devices with Machine Learning will Bring On-Device Learning and Inference Directly to Consumers by 2027​

• By ABI Research
  • May 25, 2022 Updated May 25, 2022
Federated, distributed, and few-shot learning can make consumers direct participants in Artificial Intelligence processes

NEW YORK, May 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is all around us, but the processes of inference and learning that form the backbone of AI typically take place in big servers, far removed from consumers. New models are changing all that, according to ABI Research, a global technology intelligence firm, as the more recent frameworks of Federated Learning, Distributed Learning, and Few-shot Learning can be deployed directly on consumers' devices that have lower compute and smaller power budget, bringing AI to end users.

"This is the direction the market has increasingly been moving to, though it will take some time before the full benefits of these approaches become a reality, especially in the case of Few-Shot Learning, where a single individual smartphone would be able to learn from the data that it is itself collecting. This might well prove to be an attractive proposition for many, as it does not involve uploading data onto a cloud server, making for more secure and private data. In addition, devices can be highly personalized and localized as they can possess high situational awareness and better understanding of the local environments," explains David Lobina, Research Analyst at ABI Research.

ABI Research believes that it will take up to 10 years for such on-device learning and inference to be operative, and these will require adopting new technologies, such as neuromorphic chips. The shift will take place in more powerful consumer devices, such as autonomous vehicles and robots, before making its way into the likes of smartphones, wearables, and smart home devices. Big players such as Intel, NVIDIA, and Qualcomm have been working on these models in recent years, which in addition to neuromorphic chipset players such as BrainChip and GrAI Matter Labs, have provided chips that offer improved performance on a variety of training and inference tasks. The take-up is still small, but it can potentially disrupt the market.

"Indeed, these learning models have the potential to revolutionize a variety of sectors,
most probably the fields of autonomous driving and the deployment of robots in public spaces, both of which are currently difficult to pull off, particularly in co-existence with other users," Lobina concludes. "Federated Learning, Distributed Learning, and Few-shot Learning reduces the reliance on cloud infrastructure, allowing AI implementers to create low latency, localized, and privacy preserving AI that can deliver much better user experience for end users."

These findings are from ABI Research's Federated, Distributed and Few-Shot Learning: From Servers to Devices application analysis report. This report is part of the company's AI and Machine Learning research service, which includes research, data, and ABI Insights. Application Analysis reports present in-depth analysis on key market trends and factors for a specific technology.

About ABI Research

ABI Research is a global technology intelligence firm delivering actionable research and strategic guidance to technology leaders, innovators, and decision makers around the world. Our research focuses on the transformative technologies that are dramatically reshaping industries, economies, and workforces today.
According to the Russians Brainchip's AKIDA is the only one offering few shot learning at the edge. 🤦‍♂️ FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
Top Bottom