BRN Discussion Ongoing

According to the Russians Brainchip's AKIDA is the only one offering few shot learning at the edge. 🤦‍♂️ FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Scratch that haha

Just scrolled back a few.

Reactions: 3 users

Violin1

Regular
How does that happen?
It's the automated bots buying and selling in small lots to try to fix what the closing price auction price will be. Just part of institutionalised manipulation to try to screw retail shareholders. Doesn't really matter if we are LTSHs as the daily fluctuations don't impact us.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

davidfitz

Regular
So here we go again, are we likely to make it into the ASX 200 this time around. Interesting late market action could indicate that someone may want this? Is it the institutions playing games, who knows?

Or as many have stated, including our CEO, we are undervalued as it is so it just makes sense the only way is up!

Either way it isn’t that important if we achieve it this time, but I think it might give some additional focus on our possibilities in the market.

ASX Rank
204 of 2,412​

Please refer to the below table regarding the S&P/ASX 200 rebalance schedule.
1653978746076.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Xray1

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Yeah, I noticed that. I see there is one seller of 1,000,000 @ $1.15. Interesting to see if that is still there just before open tomorrow?

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

GazDix

Regular
My favourite quotes from the Commsec interview:
'Our aim is to be a large sustainable multinational company'.
As a long term holder I think the word 'sustainable' is very important. For me, this implies they want to never sell out. Also they want to keep it going for as long as they can.

‘I want this company to be the de facto standard for edge AI for the entire world’.
Enough said.

There was also a moment in the interview when Tom asked Sean where his ambitious lie in the future and Sean corrected him by clarifying 'for the company?' Jokingly also said for himself. Nice moment.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users
Well the Russians have noticed AKIDA and in the head to head comparison of the listed Ai companies Brainchip in a table at the end of the paper is summarised as being the "first commercial neuromorphic processor with incremental, one-shot and continuous learning for CNN".

The following is the link to the paper and the actual summary and description of AKIDA that appears in the body of the paper:

Introduction:

AI systems, based on von Neumann architecture and classical neural networks,
have a number of fundamental limitations in comparison with the brain. This article dis-
cusses such limitations and the ways they can be mitigated. Next, it presents an overview
of currently available neuromorphic AI projects in which these limitations are overcame by
bringing some brain features into the functioning and organization of computing systems
(TrueNorth, Loihi, Tianjic, SpiNNaker, BrainScaleS, NeuronFlow, DYNAP, Akida). Also,
the article presents the principle of classifying neuromorphic AI systems by the brain fea-
tures they use (neural networks, parallelism and asynchrony, impulse nature of information
transfer, local learning, sparsity, analog and in-memory computing). In addition to new
architectural approaches used in neuromorphic devices based on existing silicon microelec-
tronics technologies, the article also discusses the prospects of using new memristor element
base. Examples of recent advances in the use of memristors in neuromorphic applications…

3.8 Akida

Akida
[39] is the first commercial neuromorphic processor, commercially available since August 2021. It has been developed by Australian BrainChip since 2013. Fifteen companies, including NASA, joined the early access program. In addition to Akida System on Chip (SoC), BrainChip also offers licensing of their technologies, providing chip manufacturers a license to build custom solutions.

The chip is marketed as a power efficient event-based processor for Edge computing, not
requiring an external CPU. Power consumption for various tasks may range from 100 µW to 300
mW. For example, Akida is capable of processing at 1,000 frames/Watt (compare to TrueNorth
with 6,000 frames/Watt). The first generation chip supports operations with convolutional and
fully connected networks, with the prospect to add support of LSTM, transformers, capsule
networks, recurrent and cortical neural networks. ANN network can be transformed into SNN
and executed on the chip.

One Akida chip in a mesh network incorporates 80 Neural Processing Units (NPU), which
enables modeling 1,200,000 neurons and 10,000,000,000 synapses. The chip is built at TSMC 28
nm.

In 2022, BrainChip announced the second-generation chip at 16 nm.

Akida’s ecosystem provides a free chip emulator, TensorFlow compatible framework MetaTF
for transformation of convolutional and fully connected neural networks into SNN, аnd a set of
pre-trained models. When designing a neural network architecture for execution at Akida, one
should take into account a number of additional limitations concerning the layer parameters (e.g. maximum convolution size is 7, while stride 2 is supported for convolution size 3 only) and their sequence.

The major distinctive feature is that incremental, one-shot and continuous learning are sup-
ported straight at the chip. At the AI Hardware Summit 2021 BrainChip showed the solution
capable of identifying a human in other contexts after having seen him or her only once.

Another product by BrainChip is a smart speaker, that on having heard a new voice asks the speaker to identify and after that calls the person by their name. These results are achieved with help of a proprietary local training algorithm based on homeostatic STDP. Only the last fully connected layer supports synaptic plasticity and is involved in learning.

Another instructive case from the AI Hardware Summit 2021 was a classification of fast-
moving objects (for example, a race car). Usually, such objects are off the frame centre and
significantly blurred but they can be detected using an event-based approach."

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Another product by BrainChip is a smart speaker, that on having heard a new voice asks the speaker to identify and after that calls the person by their name.

Did I miss this announcement or do the Russians know something we don't or are they guessing?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
You can buy its directly at Brainchip.

For around $840 aud.

Learning

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
What’s going in with these huge orders

Reactions: 2 users

MrNick

Regular
Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 3.33.55 pm.png

Reactions: 15 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Reactions: 13 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Those huge orders imo are just monthly balancing.
Today is 31st so most likely it's just that.

Would be happy to be wrong and see some action tomorrow. I've added a few to my bag too. Literally becoming a penny pincher now, and thanks to CMC's offer of free trades below $1000 daily, thats another 10 shares extra in the bag 😍

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 33 users

Rskiff

Regular
Those huge orders imo are just monthly balancing.
Today is 31st so most likely it's just that.

Would be happy to be wrong and see some action tomorrow. I've added a few to my bag too. Literally becoming a penny pincher now, and thanks to CMC's offer of free trades below $1000 daily, thats another 10 shares extra in the bag 😍
No they are the "Motley Fools" getting in on the bus

• Haha
Another product by BrainChip is a smart speaker, that on having heard a new voice asks the speaker to identify and after that calls the person by their name.

Did I miss this announcement or do the Russians know something we don't or are they guessing?
I wondered who would pick this up first guess which country has a hacking industry. Or did they find this out at the Ai Hardware Summit???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users
I wondered who would pick this up first guess which country has a hacking industry. Or did they find this out at the Ai Hardware Summit???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
And the follow up questions are: which company did they work with to produce the smart speaker and how far away is it from coming to market? Did they see a demonstration of the speaker?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
And the follow up questions are: which company did they work with to produce the smart speaker and how far away is it from coming to market? Did they see a demonstration of the speaker?
And is the reference by Rob Telson to Alexa in his presentations significant???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: Don’t ask @MC🐠 we already know what he will answer. 😂🤣😂

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Weetus

Emerged
My concern is that the smart money will be on a potential takeover offer in the not too distant future,if the stories are true and someone has accumulated 50+ million shares and still going we should get an idea who it is when the new top 20 is realeased shortly.

Top Bottom