BRN Discussion Ongoing

ndefries

Regular
Nah, don’t do it. It’s really not worth feeding these oxygen thieves.
It's a good example of their inteligence. thinking they have listened to something that hasnt been released. i am happy they won't benefit from BRN's growth. These people disapear when good news arrives and probably at best lie that they took a position just in time. I was going to comment also but what is the point. Much better to live a life happy you dont know these idiots in real life. Just think someone is likely married to them and has to listen to them daily or has to spend christmas day with them! I feel for those people :)

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Best decision I made last year was finally opening a SMSF, more than doubled my super balance in just one year. I use esuperfund, $1000 bucks a year in fees (first year's free) & about $500 bucks to get the audit / tax done each year (which esuperfund does for you).

MDHere put me onto esuperfund......Thanks MD (y)
Thanks for the tip. I’ve been looking for a smsf to join. I am spewing as I currently can’t move my super. Apparently the legislation for my fund is going to change in November so I have to wait until then, if they are on the ball to allow for the changes.

I’m in a bind about the SP as I want it to go up… but then I’d also like it to stay as it is until I can move some super into it.

If I could manage to double my current super I would be set for life. Anything after that would be beyond my needs; but I’ll give it a go spending it if it happens! 😂

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

MDhere

Regular
Before I attended the AGM I thought many existing devices could be upgraded to include our tech assisted by MetaTF. Therefore I assumed that such devices would appear for sale very soon e.g. in a few months rather than the 3 years mentioned at the meeting.

Was that wishful thinking on my part, please? I may carc before 3 years. :(
It is said in the past that a house doubles every 7 years so i think your investment a wise one here unless you get run over by a bus tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users
View attachment 8090

So there's that.
No voting rights for shareholders who are in Industry Super Funds.
SMSF would be different, but I guess this answers some of our questions for now. Might change to SMSF after BRN takes off, do not want to be out of Brainchip now lol

Hi @BaconLover
What you should find out is do they vote then or do they abstain from voting in respect of every company that they own? The answer to this question is very important to you as they could vote in a fashion contrary to your interests??? Just say there was a takeover offer for example.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

MDhere

Regular
Bugga, might have to have a longer think about going to SMSF. I would be confident in putting in more than the 20% I'm allowed through my industry fund.
i have some in my personal name so voted with thar and some in choiceplus like BL which could add in voting but im thinking about moving my pnl to smsf but still thinking

Reactions: 4 users
Before I attended the AGM I thought many existing devices could be upgraded to include our tech assisted by MetaTF. Therefore I assumed that such devices would appear for sale very soon e.g. in a few months rather than the 3 years mentioned at the meeting.

Was that wishful thinking on my part, please? I may carc before 3 years. :(
Hi @MADX
There was a lot said at the meeting but the part I listened to that referred to 3 years said "1,2 or 3 years".

Secondly it has been stated by all of the Brainchip team at one time or another that you need to catch them (whoever that might be) at the right time in the development cycle. They have also said that depending on the product the development cycle can be from 6 months to 4 years.

Then we have Valeo who has been on board since 2019. Ford and Renesas from at least 2020. We also have 10 or 11 undisclosed EAP/proof of concept customers who have been on board since at least 2020 so we are definitely not starting from scratch ie 3 years from the AGM in May 2022 with all of these customers.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I have been watching the buy/sell numbers for the last 4 or 5 days and they have stuck together with a very similar amounts.
Now we see a slight bias to the buy side. Hoping this is the sign of putting a bit more pressure on the SP?
I am not a chartist, just my observations.
BRN today.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Keeping tabs on Texas Instruments. Important parts highlighted in RED.

Gearing Towards a Future of Road Safety with ADAS
Piyali Goswami, Software Development Manager, Texas Instruments (TI) India, speaks to TechStory about how the technology she works on will play a major role in improving vehicular safety and reducing accidents​

Rohan MathawanMay 26, 2022

Piyali Goswami
Piyali Goswami, Software Development Manager, Texas Instruments (TI) India
Road safety is and continues to be a critical issue in India. Although the government has implemented various road safety improvement programs, the overall situation is far from satisfactory. The country witnesses 415 deaths per day in road accidents – the highest in the world.
Today, vehicle and passenger safety features are given precedence alongside other features like size, mileage, transmission, etc. when buying a car. The automotive industry is increasingly adopting safety systems like Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Automotive Radar that alert drivers of potential risks and play a preventive role in mitigating accidents.

TechStory connected with Piyali Goswami, Software Development Manager, Texas Instruments (TI) India, to understand how TI is bringing about a change in the automotive safety space, towards helping eliminate human error and mitigate accidents.
“ADAS solutions extract data from a diverse set of sensors and this data is converted to actionable intelligence for the vehicle. The sensors include at least a minimum of different types of cameras and associated optics, radars, and ultrasonic technology,” said Piyali. “Advanced versions also include LiDAR and thermal night vision. The system also performs vehicle localization by comparing features that are extracted from sensors against maps.”

For over a decade, feature-based computer vision algorithms have analyzed images for ADAS operations. Challenges like reduced traction due to wet weather, or other extreme situations, worn pavements, and unsafe road conditions, require vehicles to adapt in real-time. These scenarios cannot be coded and need a dynamic system that can help the car sense, interpret, and react quickly to the world around it. Goswami says that “such systems require data and the ability to process the data in real-time using a combination of computer vision and efficient AI/ deep learning neural networks.”

Diagnostic Auto in HUD style. Scan and Maintenance Automobile in 3D visualisation hologram. Hi-tech Car Service with HUD interface. Dashboard in auto service, diagnostic car, repairs cars. Vectord Maintenance
Diagnostic Auto in HUD style. Scan and Maintenance Automobile in 3D visualisation hologram. Hi-tech Car Service with HUD interface. Dashboard in auto service, diagnostic car, repairs cars. Vector

Semiconductors – the lifeblood of ADAS technology

Semiconductors are revolutionizing the automotive industry as it plays a major role in the electrification and incorporation of autonomous technologies.
“A common misconception going around has people assuming automation means highly or fully self-driving vehicles, which are typically categorized at levels 4 and 5 of autonomy by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE),” according to Goswami. “However, we need to understand that there are several intervening levels before we hit self-driving cars. These vehicles will arrive somewhere in the future, but where we are today, the technology is helping cars slowly progress through the SAE levels of autonomy.”

“Preparing for random events is only half the battle when ensuring that the product meets functional safety requirements.” Goswami opines that there has been an emphasis on electrical components performing critical functions from fluid level monitoring in chemical plants to autonomous vehicle navigation and aircraft lift control. The Semiconductor industry plays a key role to enable this. “Semiconductor engineers anticipate potential safety hazards, possible causes of failures at Circuit, System, and Software level, their likelihood of occurrence, and how such risks can be reduced by using integrated circuits (ICs) that support functional safety.”
intelligent vehicle cockpit and wireless communication network concept
intelligent vehicle cockpit and wireless communication network concept

Evolving vehicular safety standards

Speaking about the various automotive mobility solutions and technologies, Goswami explained that TI is currently developing technologies that enable ‘Smarter cars and fewer collisions’. This ADAS technology helps cars take corrective actions just like a driver would, by sensing weather conditions, detecting and understanding the objects on the road (people, traffic posts, electric posts, etc.), and making real-time decisions. Such features include automatic emergency braking, driver monitoring, forward collision warning, and adaptive cruise control.
“We are also working on Radar on a chip. Radar technology has historically been large, expensive, power-hungry, and designed to detect only large objects like planes or tanks – not pedestrians”, Goswami said. “We have developed a high-frequency radar sensor that is of the size of a coin. It can not only detect an obstacle but can also differentiate between objects such as a car and a pedestrian or a ball and an animal sleeping on the road, etc. It also meets the latest automotive safety standards, such as the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP), on a single chip.”

The European New Car Assessment Programme or Euro NCAP, a car safety performance assessment programme founded in 1996. The Euro NCAP provides guidance on development and activities for the automotive industry, as well as other stake holders involved in the ecosystem. The programme’s 2025 roadmap shows the different safety systems that will come into play in the coming years, making the driving experience safer.
The Euro NCAP 2025 roadmap: Source: https://cdn.euroncap.com/media/30700/euroncap-roadmap-2025-v4.pdf
The Euro NCAP 2025 roadmap Source: https://cdn.euroncap.com/media/30700/euroncap-roadmap-2025-v4.pdf
She also stated that this radar technology is a good fit for applications such as child presence detection, driver monitoring, and passenger classification (child or adult), and is smarter than the current safety technologies (e.g.: seat-belt reminders and speed alerts) currently in use. Texas Instruments is developing devices that enable Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB), Driver Monitoring, Automatic Emergency Steering, V2X communication, Enhanced rear end crash protection, Front camera systems for pedestrian and cyclist safety and Radar based child presence detection.
As vehicles grow smarter by connecting, communicating, monitoring, and making decisions that help reduce and prevent accidents, the computing power required to process this data has skyrocketed.

Goswami shares that TI’s Jacinto processors help improve awareness of the car’s surroundings and accelerate data-sharing. This efficiently manages multilevel computing in real-time while reducing power-hungry memory transfers. TI is also working on technology domains that can enable cybersecurity to ensure secure and an operational fail-safe working in vehicles.

Accelerating performance with automation

Although automation can be introduced in any vehicle, self-operating vehicles will require numerous sensing and actuation systems.
“Cars can also be designed to operate automatically with greater fuel efficiency than most human drivers can achieve, especially in a situation where maintaining a constant speed is difficult. I feel HEV/EV development for automakers will be closely linked with the development of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and self-driving capabilities, from overall safety, fuel economy, and emission control perspective.”

Road Safety, though extremely important, has still not been able to attract due attention in India. According to a report by the World Bank, India has 1% of the world’s vehicles but 11% of the global deaths from road accidents. We asked Goswami if ADAS and Driver Monitoring Systems (DMS) can eliminate accidents caused by human error.
“Drivers are the most common failure point in vehicle-related accidents. This has also resulted in a greater volume of research and Euro NCAP safety initiatives to be undertaken so that common driver errors can be eliminated. Our DMS provides a significant level of feedback to ADAS Electronic Control Units (ECUs), and Autonomous Driving Systems to correct common human errors. For instance, if a driver is distracted a vehicle that has our DMS system alerts the driver or maneuvers the car to avoid a collision. Our DMS solutions use multiple cameras equipped with infrared illuminators directed toward the driver, which captures quality images that can be processed even in low-light conditions.”
TI’s contribution to automotive safety is cutting-edge and has the potential to change the landscape completely.

Automotive manufacturers are dependent on semiconductor suppliers like TI to develop innovative technology and solutions to enable the evolution of such functionalities. “Because ADAS technology is changing rapidly, automakers need solutions that provide extra performance and offer the flexibility to integrate new features with minimal design changes. With its extensive experience in creating products for automotive electronics, TI can offer optimized, complete solutions to ADAS developers that will simplify design and reduce the component count.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
After noticing the Commsec thread on the Crapper someone seems to have revealed that they have watched the interview. Unless this non holder is talking out of their arse, but……….surely not 😜

View attachment 8091
Hi @RobjHunt
If it is clear from Waihik Joe's post that it is claiming to have listened to the Commsec interview then why don't you send off complaint to ASIC about attempted market manipulation by these two geniuses. When you go to ASIC there is an online form which is very simple and all you would need to do is attach the screenshots and state that the Commsec interview has not been released and simply say that these two have been posting mistruths for at least two calendar years.

ASIC might ignore it but it is dead simple for them to investigate so it would be an easy statistic for them to add to their annual report to parliament.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

MDhere

Regular
Best decision I made last year was finally opening a SMSF, more than doubled my super balance in just one year. I use esuperfund, $1000 bucks a year in fees (first year's free) & about $500 bucks to get the audit / tax done each year (which esuperfund does for you).

would love to take the credit @Techgibut wasnt me i think it was @uiux that may have suggested esuperfund. which i still yet to look into :( had a face to face with acct but she got covid so now have to wait

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

MDhere

Regular
I’m looking forward to the up coming advertising campaign witch was mentioned to be within the next few months .

Following on from show of confidence in launching a billboard in Silicon Valley .

The kite 🪁 used being a key ingredient, I’m picturing an add showing the kite flying amongst a sea of clouds , which clear to a cloud free sky as the kite flys around The Edge of the world .

Sunny sky’s await .
alright alright i will change my next tatt from robotken to the kite! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
would love to take the credit @Techgibut wasnt me i think it was @uiux that may have suggested esuperfund. which i still yet to look into :( had a face to face with acct but she got covid so now have to wait
I remember @Violin1 mentioned esuperfund a couple of years ago.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

gazar

Emerged
Hi @RobjHunt
If it is clear from Waihik Joe's post that it is claiming to have listened to the Commsec interview then why don't you send off complaint to ASIC about attempted market manipulation by these two geniuses. When you go to ASIC there is an online form which is very simple and all you would need to do is attach the screenshots and state that the Commsec interview has not been released and simply say that these two have been posting mistruths for at least two calendar years.

ASIC might ignore it but it is dead simple for them to investigate so it would be an easy statistic for them to add to their annual report to parliament.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 1 users

Rskiff

Regular
Well there we have it folks, Motley Fool doesn't have any clout in the market. BRN up slightly today with relatively low volume. So one would summarise that with the low volume, not many if any Motley Fool readers take their recommendations seriously.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

TechGirl

Founding Member

Hi MD, sorry thought it was you that was talking about it at that other place when I first heard about it last year.

• Love
D

Deleted member 118

Well there we have it folks, Motley Fool doesn't have any clout in the market. BRN up slightly today with relatively low volume. So one would summarise that with the low volume, not many if any Motley Fool readers take their recommendations seriously.
I would have taking notice of there recommendation today, if I had some spare cash.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Their other tip, Argosy has reacted pretty positively.

• Love
  • Wow

gazar

Emerged
I havent posted for a long time, but read everything Brn. Appreciate FF, AND THE 1000 eyes. Thank you all.
Regarding the comsec interview. I recall seeing it too. Not remember much about it, as memory not as good as it was. I recall the interviewer had a beard. Not sure if this helps, can't find that i saved it

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
I havent posted for a long time, but read everything Brn. Appreciate FF, AND THE 1000 eyes. Thank you all.
Regarding the comsec interview. I recall seeing it too. Not remember much about it, as memory not as good as it was. I recall the interviewer had a beard. Not sure if this helps, can't find that i saved it
Are you referring to this one or the latest one ?

Reactions: 5 users

Fulltank

Emerged
Special offer ends tomorrow for esuperfund. Need to apply on or before May 31st 2022

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 3.10.30 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 3.10.30 pm.png
    895.5 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom