BRN Discussion Ongoing

rayzor

Regular
SO after reading all our comment the MFs have decided :

BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN)

BrainChip develops software and hardware-accelerated solutions for advanced artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning applications. The company’s primary focus is its Akida neuromorphic processor unit hardware product.

In layman’s terms, the Akida chip thinks like a human brain and can be used globally in a variety of purposes.

I think BrainChip has huge potential to materially grow in the future, particularly given its partnership with NASA. This is due to its advanced Akida chip which could offer huge advantages for NASA’s future space missions.

Cutting-edge technology mixed with insatiable demand is an investor’s dream, in my opinion.

Valued at $1.97 billion, BrainChip is still a relatively emerging company that is looking to dominate the AI market.

While the BrainChip share price has been volatile, it’s up 90% since this time last year.

In January, the company’s shares soared to an all-time high of $2.34 before profit-takers swooped in.

Should BrainChip be able to deliver on its potential, I think its share price is extremely attractive at the price of $1.06 apiece.

Interesting what one week can do . Have a bet each way or maybe a raffle!!!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

mrgds

Regular
Seems the ASX is ok with this "no revenue attached" announcement by Archer Materials.

2nd highlighted point, ............. "significant reduction of feature size would potentially allow for billions of sensors on Archers biochip,

"POTENTIALLY" ? .............. Maybe BRN could release a "price sensitive announcement" highlighting the "potential Akida has"

Might help shake off this clear manipulation of our s/p, ........................ Akida Ubique Ballista

Screenshot (29).png

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 36 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Looking through the current employment openings at Brainchip, it looks like it getting very busy on the customer side of things:)
Seans strategic business model looks like its going to plan!!!!

brainchip.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

JoMo68

Regular
When I had my Bertram I used smaller fenders than she has been fitted with perhaps she has a vision issue and vanity precludes wearing proper glasses so they protect her from walls and light pole injuries. 😁 FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Looks like the only thing they'd be useful for...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hi Potato, this article from the 26th of April, links BrianChip and Quadric in MegaChips AI Partner Program. It says here that "the AI Partner Program appears to build on two key technology partnerships that MegaChips recently established". One is with BrainChip and the other is with Quadric.

MegaChips takes aim at edge AI in US with ASIC program​

Japanese ASIC provider rolling out AI partner program to get around in-house expertise​

Dan Robinson Tue 26 Apr 2022 // 13:30 UTC

Japanese ASIC provider MegaChips is rolling out an AI partner program pitched as allowing organizations to deliver AI capabilities without requiring in-house experts. It is also expanding into the US market to sell its full ASIC design services to American tech companies.

MegaChips is a global fabless chip company that claims to work closely with its customers' design teams to deliver the tech they need in silicon. The AI Partner Program marks the entry of the business into the global edge AI chips market, estimated to be worth $9 billion in 2020, claiming there is growing demand for embedded AI solutions.

For edge AI chips, think of silicon designed to power devices at the network edge, where processing of data may need an instant reaction, power may be limited, and sending all the data back to the cloud or a datacenter for processing may be costly in terms of bandwidth and add latency.

According to MegaChips, the AI Partner Program benefits include access to a dedicated team of engineers to identify the best ways to implement desired AI functions, custom "proof of concept" demonstrations, and optimization of the complete system. It also eliminates any need for customers to have their own silicon implementation teams, it said.

The AI Partner Program appears to build on two key technology partnerships that MegaChips recently established. One is with BrainChip Holdings Ltd, an Australian AI firm, to acquire its edge-based AI solution, BrainChip Akida, a neuromorphic processor.

"By providing Akida's on-chip learning and ultra-low power Edge AI capabilities as an integrated technology in MegaChips ASIC solutions, we are able to bring practical, cutting-edge capabilities to the edge that ensure power efficiency without compromising accuracy," said BrainChip VP of Worldwide Sales and Marketing Rob Telson.

The other is a stake in Quadric io, a US firm that has developed an AI inference processor for edge devices that integrates AI and DSP (digital signal processing) functions, enabling it to accelerate all the steps involved in processing data from a variety of sensors, according to the firm.

MegaChips also announced it is now offering its full-service ASIC solution in the US, which director of business development, Douglas Fairbairn, said is an opportunity to take its edge AI nous stateside.

At the other end of the scale, chip designer Esperanto Technologies recently showcased a processor with more than 1,000 general-purpose RISC-V cores, aimed at delivering faster and more energy-efficient AI inference performance.
The Register reported last year how AI chip startups are focusing on performance-per-dollar and energy efficiency as their competitive selling point against solutions using general-purpose processors. ®

Hi @Diogenese,

Do you thinks it's possible that Arm are hoping to combine Akida with Quadric's architecture, or are you going to burst my bubble?

d-photo-u1.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

RobjHunt

Regular
After noticing the Commsec thread on the Crapper someone seems to have revealed that they have watched the interview. Unless this non holder is talking out of their arse, but……….surely not 😜

1653879978518.png

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Proga

Regular
Before I attended the AGM I thought many existing devices could be upgraded to include our tech assisted by MetaTF. Therefore I assumed that such devices would appear for sale very soon e.g. in a few months rather than the 3 years mentioned at the meeting.

Was that wishful thinking on my part, please? I may carc before 3 years. :(
I hope you don't MADX.

Existing devices/applications have a manufacturing and product lifecycle which in most cases takes years in prior planning to roll out. If they don't manufacture themselves they have to book slots with their manufacturer who has to reconfigure their production line for each new product. It is incredibly difficult to change gears mid lifecycle. Companies try and avoid it like the plague. Companies prefer to wait until the end of the current lifecycle to upgrade and extend the product lifecycle.

There is also a sales and marketing aspect. If customers know you intend to improve the product mid lifecycle, they'll wait until you do and not buy the existing product you have already manufactured sitting on the shelf. You also run the risk of upsetting those customers who already have. There is a famous example of this which refuses to come to mind. They announced a major upgrade to an existing product. Their customers stopped buying the existing product so they went broke and never implemented the new upgrade.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Screenshot_20220530-130440_WhatsApp.jpg

So there's that.
No voting rights for shareholders who are in Industry Super Funds.
SMSF would be different, but I guess this answers some of our questions for now. Might change to SMSF after BRN takes off, do not want to be out of Brainchip now lol

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users
D

Deleted member 118

After noticing the Commsec thread on the Crapper someone seems to have revealed that they have watched the interview. Unless this non holder is talking out of their arse, but……….surely not 😜

View attachment 8091
I read that and somedays I do wish I could comment.

Reactions: 6 users

RobjHunt

Regular
I read that and somedays I do wish I could comment.
Nah, don’t do it. It’s really not worth feeding these oxygen thieves.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

BaconLover

Founding Member

View attachment 8091

Just a reminder - Pickbrain - the same muppet who ridiculed the company and started a ''why I sold my shares'' thread 1 week before we had the first IP contract.
Nothing else need to be said.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

chickp

Emerged

View attachment 8091

Commsec responded today to an earlier query about the BRN interview. See extract from their email below - not available yet

"Firstly, I’d like to apologise for the delay in responding, as we have been receiving an unusually high number of enquiries recently.

Once the interview is released it will be on our executive series page, link attached below.

https://www.commsec.com.au/market-news/executive-series.html"

• Love
Reactions: 36 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
View attachment 8090

So there's that.
No voting rights for shareholders who are in Industry Super Funds.
SMSF would be different, but I guess this answers some of our questions for now. Might change to SMSF after BRN takes off, do not want to be out of Brainchip now lol
Bugga, might have to have a longer think about going to SMSF. I would be confident in putting in more than the 20% I'm allowed through my industry fund.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
At this stage Renesas have only licensed 2 nodes from the Akida neural fabric - so the potential applications will be very low power less complex types of things I think.
Yes. I think they don't want it to clash with their DRP-AI. That is why they specified low end applications for Akida.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Before I attended the AGM I thought many existing devices could be upgraded to include our tech assisted by MetaTF. Therefore I assumed that such devices would appear for sale very soon e.g. in a few months rather than the 3 years mentioned at the meeting.

Was that wishful thinking on my part, please? I may carc before 3 years. :(
But think of the magnificent mausoleum you could have.

• Haha
  • Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users

Zedjack33

Regular

View attachment 8091
Thanks for that. Now I gotta poke my eyes out. 🫣😤

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Last edited:
Thanks for that. Now I gotta poke my eyes out. 🫣😤
Put your hands up if you had Dickbrain come to mind when viewing that screen shot.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Bugga, might have to have a longer think about going to SMSF. I would be confident in putting in more than the 20% I'm allowed through my industry fund.

Best decision I made last year was finally opening a SMSF, more than doubled my super balance in just one year. I use esuperfund, $1000 bucks a year in fees (first year's free) & about $500 bucks to get the audit / tax done each year (which esuperfund does for you).

MDHere put me onto esuperfund......Thanks MD (y)

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 37 users

Kozikan

Regular
I don’t think we have long to wait now Renesas has broken cover. Unless I missed it this is the first public comment from Renesas about engaging with Brainchip since Brainchip called the trading halt then announced NASA then Renesas on 23.12.20.

This is in my opinion far, far more significant than it presents at first blush.

In marketing it is all about momentum having as Mr. Chittipeddi said ‘start(ed) the ball rolling’ they are not going to go back into their shell for another year and a half the time has come.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Agree FF.
I think this is a huge point of inflection by Renesas and this observation should point to, and excite a much more serious industry buzz,
Ps ... and also increase LTH’s giggles into belly laughs

LOL 😂

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom