BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
I thought NASA did that with their Astronaut's body functions?
Is that why wine bottles don't have corks anymore?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
Taking about marketing the Commsec interview with Sean Hehir was advertised on 25 May, 2022 it is now 28 May, 2022.

It was Tweeted about by both Brainchip and Commsec and no date of release mentioned by either party.

Why the delay in it being published?

Crazy speculation did they discuss something in advance of it occurring which by agreement Commsec is delaying the release until it occurs???

It cannot be my birthday because that was earlier this month so what might it be???

My wild speculation no research required DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Maybe ASX is planning to use AKIDA to control Shorting?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
I have been giving the vote against Peter van der Made a great deal of thought and looking at the numbers.

Why did I give it so much thought well because a poster here expressed remorse about having not bothered to vote.

I therefore have decided we need to start now and marshal the retail vote for next years AGM for two reasons.

The first is we need to let Peter van der Made know that he is appreciated and fully supported by retail for his genius and generosity in allowing us to share in his creation and in due course his wealth.

The second is to let the party or parties that engaged in this display of strength know that retail will have none of this nonsense in future. I have calculated based on the figures in the Annual Report the following:

1. Retail holders in the category of less than 100,000 shares have total voting rights of 388,154,326

2. Retail holders in the category of more than 100,000 shares and less than 5,800,000* have total voting rights of 575,226,045
(* 5,800,000 is the last holder in the top 20 list)

3. Peter van der Made received 238,100,194 votes

4. This means as a starting point there were at least 105,054,132 votes by retail investors with less than 100,000 shares not voted.

5. Of the 575,226,045 shares above 100,000 and below 5,800,000 I am allowing that 50% of these are held by institutions of one form and
another which leaves a further 286,113,022 shares at least which could have been voted in favour of Peter van der Made.

6. This means had all of retail voted for Peter van der Made he would have received a total vote of at least 629,267,384 votes the most of any
Director.

Now retail investors should note that to stop any takeover all you need is a blocking vote of 25% of the shares entitled to vote and it just so happens that retail investors at 629,267,384 shares (which is a minimum) well exceed 30% of the shares on issue and can decide if a takeover offer is accepted. Had retail voted for Peter van der Made in these numbers a clear message would have been sent to Brainchip about the importance of the retail vote.

I do not say this to rabble rouse but simply to make the point that we retail have much more power than most understand and all companies rely upon this lack of understanding by retail most of the time.

As a retail shareholder I am not putting that retail should in anyway control the day to day operations of the company but retail shareholders should be properly respected by all parties including institutions and those with 100 million share voting blocks who are trying to kick some shins for whatever vested stakeholder reason/s.

Brainchip is a public company. Retail shareholders with one share have the same rights as someone with 100 million shares but they need to vote to have their position as a retail shareholder respected and acknowledged.

I will leave it to you all to ponder but in this electronic age retail should be able to come together as a block and vote as a block to ensure that no individual or institutional investor with six times less voting power can manipulate the company to their ends behind the scenes.

My opinion only so do your own research and remember my maths is poor sometimes so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I have to confess I didn't vote. Thank you for raising my awareness, I will in future. Thank you FF

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Public service announcement.
The pcie board is still available.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
S

Straw

I have been giving the vote against Peter van der Made a great deal of thought and looking at the numbers.

Why did I give it so much thought well because a poster here expressed remorse about having not bothered to vote.

I therefore have decided we need to start now and marshal the retail vote for next years AGM for two reasons.

The first is we need to let Peter van der Made know that he is appreciated and fully supported by retail for his genius and generosity in allowing us to share in his creation and in due course his wealth.

The second is to let the party or parties that engaged in this display of strength know that retail will have none of this nonsense in future. I have calculated based on the figures in the Annual Report the following:

1. Retail holders in the category of less than 100,000 shares have total voting rights of 388,154,326

2. Retail holders in the category of more than 100,000 shares and less than 5,800,000* have total voting rights of 575,226,045
(* 5,800,000 is the last holder in the top 20 list)

3. Peter van der Made received 238,100,194 votes

4. This means as a starting point there were at least 105,054,132 votes by retail investors with less than 100,000 shares not voted.

5. Of the 575,226,045 shares above 100,000 and below 5,800,000 I am allowing that 50% of these are held by institutions of one form and
another which leaves a further 286,113,022 shares at least which could have been voted in favour of Peter van der Made.

6. This means had all of retail voted for Peter van der Made he would have received a total vote of at least 629,267,384 votes the most of any
Director.

Now retail investors should note that to stop any takeover all you need is a blocking vote of 25% of the shares entitled to vote and it just so happens that retail investors at 629,267,384 shares (which is a minimum) well exceed 30% of the shares on issue and can decide if a takeover offer is accepted. Had retail voted for Peter van der Made in these numbers a clear message would have been sent to Brainchip about the importance of the retail vote.

I do not say this to rabble rouse but simply to make the point that we retail have much more power than most understand and all companies rely upon this lack of understanding by retail most of the time.

As a retail shareholder I am not putting that retail should in anyway control the day to day operations of the company but retail shareholders should be properly respected by all parties including institutions and those with 100 million share voting blocks who are trying to kick some shins for whatever vested stakeholder reason/s.

Brainchip is a public company. Retail shareholders with one share have the same rights as someone with 100 million shares but they need to vote to have their position as a retail shareholder respected and acknowledged.

I will leave it to you all to ponder but in this electronic age retail should be able to come together as a block and vote as a block to ensure that no individual or institutional investor with six times less voting power can manipulate the company to their ends behind the scenes.

My opinion only so do your own research and remember my maths is poor sometimes so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Very happy to be a part of this FF. I have about 1/1000th of that retail vote and you have my support as does Peter.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

M_C

Founding Member
Edge impulse recently posted on linkedin a DARPA project involving "new algorithms"............what I found particularly interesting (since I think we are 100% involved) is the fact that FERRARI is helping to develop it...........

Now that's pretty random, however it struck me the partnership that QUALCOMM advertised recently...........also with FERRARI.......

Not sure what to make of it but could possibly link us to QUALCOMM

"Tests conducted by Cornell and the U.S. Navy used new algorithms to outperform state-of-the-art programming for autonomous underwater sonar imaging, significantly improving the speed and accuracy for identifying objects such as explosive mines, sunken ships, airplane black boxes, pipelines and corrosion on ship hulls."

“Sometimes an autonomous underwater vehicle won't be able to finish the mission because it has limited battery life.”

"To improve the capability of these vehicles, Ferrari’s research group teamed up with the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Panama City, and the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport, Virginia. The team created and tested a new imaging approach called informative multi-view planning, which integrates information about where objects might be located with sonar processing algorithms that decide the optimal views, and the most efficient path to obtain those views. The planning algorithms take into account the sonar sensor’s field-of-view geometry along with each target’s position and orientation, and can make on-the-fly adjustments based on current sea conditions."

"In computer simulated tests, the research team’s algorithms competed against state-of-the-art imaging methods to complete multi-target classification tasks. The new algorithms were able to complete the tasks in just half the time, and with a 93% improvement in accuracy of identifying targets. In a second test in which the targets were more randomly scattered, the new algorithms performed the imaging task more than 11% faster, and with 33% more accuracy."

“Until these algorithms, we were never able to account for the orientation and some of the more complicated automatic target variables that influence the quality of the images,” Ferrari said. “Now we can accomplish the same imaging tasks with higher accuracy and in less time.”

Capture.PNG

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Pandaxxx

Regular
Evening all.

I’ve been having a look at the interchange on Twitter between @AusEire and Jag Sanger from TMH.

Jay has a crack at BRN by asking ‘how many AI partners does Arm embedded have’?

The implication as I understand it, is there are heaps of partners. Therefore, the implication is that BRN’s partnership is not worth much at all.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Does he have a point? Surely not?

Thanks all.

Panda

Reactions: 1 users

M_C

Founding Member
Evening all.

I’ve been having a look at the interchange on Twitter between @AusEire and Jag Sanger from TMH.

The implication as I understand it, is there are heaps of partners. Therefore, the implication is that BRN’s partnership is not worth much at all.

Thanks all.

Panda
Nope he does not have a point imo, just because ARM have other partners.....doesn't mean to say they haven't traded up and discontinued using whoever they were before...............WHY WOULD THEY continue using their old AI partners, they now have BRN???

Also...........HOW MANY of their "other partners" have a team that is made up by HALF FORMER KEY ARM EMPLOYEES??

There will be a sh*t tonne of Ai companies that won't survive the next few years because of BRN, inevitable. My opinion only.

Plus Jag is a selfish dick downramper who only cares about making money, even if it means screwing hardworking Australian families in the process,......................so there's always that too..............

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 30 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Evening all.

Thanks all.

Panda
Irregardless of how many AI partners ARM have, would rather be one of them than not.
The point is We are now a part of that ecosystem. :cool:

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Evening all.

Thanks all.

Panda
DA FARK does this have to do with BRN?

• Haha
  • Fire

BaconLover

Founding Member
Evening all.

Thanks all.

Panda

Arm had 79 AI partners last time I looked when they made the news release.

Includes Brainchip, Edge Impulse, Plumerai, NXP, Google etc.

Jag is an idiot who has no clue and has his Ego hurt. Multiple times.

He is jealous that the only partners he has are CLZ and ANL who pays him to shill their companies.

He also ridiculed Brainchip being one of the 900 ARM partners, but silly boy doesn't know that more partners in this industry means more business.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Pandaxxx

Regular
Thanks MC and Hopper for your replies. Im
Not on Twitter, so don’t quite understand the intricacies - nor do I know much about this Jag fella.

Appreciate your input.

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
"So think about this just one tiny little percent of 29 billion chips is 290,000,000 or TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY MILLION CHIPS. WOW."
Hey @Fact Finder.
Either the beers I've had have kicked in hard but I think your math is off a bit on that equation?
1% of 29Bill is in fact 290 mills Fact Finder is factual yet again:)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
1% of 29Bill is in fact 290 mills Fact Finder is factual yet again:)
I acknowledged my brain fart shortly after.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Nope he does not have a point imo, just because ARM have other partners.....also means nothing. Nothing to say they haven't traded up and discontinue using whoever they were before...............WHY WOULD THEY continue using their old AI partners, they now have BRN???

There will be a sh*t tonne of Ai companies that won't survive the next few years because of BRN i think. My opinion only. Plus Jag is a dick downramper so there's always that too..............
ARM has 72 partners listed as AI Hardware providers:
https://www.arm.com/partners/catalog/results#f:Industry=[Artificial Intelligence,Hardware Provider]

I don't know how many of them have SNNs with on-chip-one-shot-learning ...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

LuWil

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Slade

Top 20
We are in safe hands with the BRN team. Hope all chippers are having a good weekend.

Attachments

• 59129F96-0C9F-4B0D-9E9D-A60259C5F2E2.jpeg
    59129F96-0C9F-4B0D-9E9D-A60259C5F2E2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Top Bottom