BRN Discussion Ongoing

Build-it

Regular
Î haven´t read all posts yet, since yesterday, but without looking if still posted..

it is so sweet to read Brainchip between Daimler Volkswagen and Infineon

Great article by Andreu, and post by Sirod 69 but did I miss the memo Brainchip is in the Nasdaq.🤑

I was looking forward to watching PVDM and FF ringing the bell.😉

Technology company BrainChip Holdings has come under a lot of pressure since selling off on the NASDAQ.

OTCQX is a U.S. market for companies already listed on a qualified international stock exchange. OTCQX enables global companies to better access support U.S. investors and distribute information in the U.S. public markets without the complexity and cost of an U.S. exchange listing.

DHM is this a different email that needs to be sent, something like you got the best part of the article correct however we haven't made the Nasdaq yet, lol.

Edge Compute.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Just love this:

You’re in good company​

Trusted by:​

mega_chips.png

Renesas.png

NASA.png

Valeo.png

mercedes.png
I think AMD has a better pull

Attachments

• BRN.jpg
    BRN.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Just love this:

You’re in good company​

Trusted by:​

mega_chips.png

Renesas.png

NASA.png

Valeo.png

mercedes.png
Look at these class names and we are still only just looking at the tip of our berg.
So many arena's that we can improve have already been mentioned or hinted at on this site, just with our first iteration, and to my mind, we are still just getting started. Ubiquitous is such a lovely word, and it seems to me that probably the vast percentage of our use cases haven't even been thought of, or considered properly yet, except perhaps by Peter and his fellow visionary's.
The market will eventually catch on to what we already know or suspect, and will be chasing our shares even harder than it already is.
When this juggernaut takes off again, and the adrenalin and excitement has us in thrall it would be wise to be prepared with a plan that takes into account our individual circumstance and objectives so we are each set up as we would prefer, rather than as buck fever dictates.
Unicorns don't come around too often, or may go unrecognised till too late in the day, so don't trade 'em away too cheap guy's n gals.
One day, she may just take off and re rate, leaving some weeping.
Not financial advise yaddah yaddah.....
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE.................isn't that just another way to say ubiquitous???:ROFLMAO:
GLTAH
And particularly us long termer's and old timers .......we deserve it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users
I don't understand all this bickering on a public forum that @zeeb0t has created with enough foresight to include a private message function. For those that aren't aware, it's right here:

1653552851617.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20220526-181420_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

equanimous

The 1000 fps tweek illustrates the point I made when we signed up with SiFive. At the time, SiFive was said to be as fast as an ARM from 2 years earlier, and I suggested that, with Akida, SiFive could equal or surpass the current ARM equivalent, the corollary being that ARM would need to get on board the bus to keep up.
Do you think the tweek from 250fps to 1000fps is actually akida 1500 or 2000?. I got a feeling we wont hear about the new releases for a while until certain entities have it first and using it for their advantages. If its not akida 1500 or 2000 then what are the possibilities for these new upgraded versions?

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Ff v realinfo, two lawyers (maybe?) arguing... charging by the word by the look and length....! Love the side show, but glad u both buried hatchet and can move on.

Few spotfires over last couple of days appear to be flaring up

Onward and upward all,lets keep 1000 eyes strong and working together like a hive and not degenerate it into a royal rumble...

imo
download.jpeg-55.jpg

• Fire

TechGirl

Founding Member
Road show……. Where are they off to next?

I think I read somewhere they are doing Sydney, Melbourne & Perth, happy to be corrected.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Do you think the tweek from 250fps to 1000fps is actually akida 1500 or 2000?. I got a feeling we wont hear about the new releases for a while until certain entities have it first and using it for their advantages. If its not akida 1500 or 2000 then what are the possibilities for these new upgraded versions?
No. As I explained on Tuesday, it was probably a reconfiguration of the nodes/layers arrangement:

So, FF, what you are saying is that, by upgrading Akida from 250 fps to 1,000 fps capable, the Akida 1000 in my mini PCIe card that is currently sitting with the framer is already out of date? Does that make it more or less valuable?
Hi Fox51,

No, there was no change to the silicon - the same Akida 1000 chip was used as the one you have at the picture hangers.

Akida has 20 nodes each consisting of 4 NPUs (Neuromorphic processing Units) all connected by a switchable connexion matrix which can be configured by the ARM Cortex MPU in Akida.

This allows the arrangement of the nodes to be changed to suit the particular application. For instance, there may be:
5 layers of 4 nodes,
4 layers of 4 nodes (I don't know if you can have an odd number of nodes in a layer so I'm leaving 4 nodes idle),
3 layers of 6 nodes (2 idle nodes), or
2 layers of up to10 nodes.

Layers constitute a processing delay as the signals must pass through each layer in series from the sensor to the output, so the fewer layers the faster the processing time. Also the more nodes in a layer, the more NPUs are in parallel, which speeds up the processing (or increases accuracy?).

In addition, the clock speed can be increased to increase the processing speed.

But none of this requires any changes to the silicon architecture. the flexible/configurable connexion network enables the reconfiguration of the nodes.

It would have been impossible to put a new Akida silicon SoC through the design and manufacturing processes in 2 weeks.

PS: The term layers is used in the electrical sense, not in the physical sense.

Edit: Each node has 4 NPUs, giving a total of 80 NPUs.

See: #13,924

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
My understanding is that it was just a suggestion from Anil to make the existing Akida 1000 better suited to this particular use case.
What Dodgy said above.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

equanimous

No. As I explained on Tuesday, it was probably a reconfiguration of the nodes/layers arrangement:

Hi Fox51,

No, there was no change to the silicon - the same Akida 1000 chip was used as the one you have at the picture hangers.

Akida has 20 nodes each consisting of 4 NPUs (network processing Units) all connected by a switchable connexion matrix which can be configured by the ARM Cortex MPU in Akida.

This allows the arrangement of the nodes to be changed to suit the particular application. For instance, there may be:
5 layers of 4 nodes,
4 layers of 4 nodes (I don't know if you can have an odd number of nodes in a layer so I'm leaving 4 nodes idle),
3 layers of 6 nodes (2 idle nodes), or
2 layers of up to10 nodes.

Layers constitute a processing delay as the signals must pass through each layer in series from the sensor to the output, so the fewer layers the faster the processing time. Also the more nodes in a layer, the more NPUs are in parallel, which speeds up the processing (or increases accuracy?).

In addition, the clock speed can be increased to increase the processing speed.

But none of this requires any changes to the silicon architecture. the flexible/configurable connexion network enables the reconfiguration of the nodes.

It would have been impossible to put a new Akida silicon SoC through the design and manufacturing processes in 2 weeks.

PS: The term layers is used in the electrical sense, not in the physical sense.
That is impressive tweeks

• Love

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
More on drones in US Defense and the need for smart senors that operate without cloud connectivity.

Extract 1

For a future fight against a near-peer military, U.S. special operators say they need smart, networked sensors and drones that can work together in contested environments with little human supervision. But as “collaborative autonomy” comes within technical reach, just how independent should these things get?
“We are going to use a lot of sensors, whether they're unmanned aerial systems, unmanned ground systems, unmanned maritime systems, unintended sensors, all working together, and what our goal is to have those working together collaboratively and autonomously,” SOCOM’s top acquisition executive, James Smith, said at NDIA’s SOFIC conference in Tampa, Florida, last week.
SOCOM has “a specific line of effort where we're focused on what we're calling ‘collaborative autonomy,” said David Breede, who runs a program executive office at SOCOM. That “line of effort” is concerned with such questions as “How do I get an unattended ground sensor talking to an unmanned aircraft and having an unmanned aircraft react based on the information that it got from that unmanned ground sensor? Not only collaboration across technologies and capabilities, but collaboration across program offices, right?” Breede said. In other words, special operations forces need sensors on the ground, in the air, and in space constantly working together to autonomously detect changes and sound the alert.
But SOCOM doesn’t just want networks of sensors to collaborate better. They also want the underlying autonomy software to work the same on everything from a 3-D printer to a $10,000 drone.

Extract 2

“If I turn on my radios, people are going to know where I'm at. So I don't want to turn on my radios, right?” Donnellan said. “So the idea for these use-cases is ‘How do we deploy AI and machine learning out tactically where I can make those decisions’” in a communications-denied environment. “If I've got the tools that allow me to, like, leverage AI to put it out to the edge, I should be able to do my job even if my cloud connection is denied.”

One example of tactical cloud use is integrating radar sensor data for air defense in the field—closer to the threat—rather than receiving an alert from a headquarters. “That's kind of a really tactical and specific example of, ‘Hey, if you deploy AI out there, [you could] potentially leverage weather or ground-based radar to be able to do things like object detection and classification, but not not relying on the connectivity back down,” Donnellan said.

• Fire
@TechGirl thankyou so much for the AGM recording

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Hrdwk

Regular
Things that make me go mmmmmm. NPU or is it the co-processor that is mentioned? Any thoughts about the potential

• Fire
  • Thinking
Guys I have a theory, I think iron man is also an early adopter of akida for his jaarvis AI

• Haha
Guys I have a theory, I think iron man is also an early adopter of akida for his jaarvis AI
Imagine flying the suite in space or where it cannot talk to his network or satellites l

Reactions: 1 users

HUSS

Regular
Thanks for doing this I tried to do it for @Zedjack but could not as I know many do not like to open links. Obviously I failed but I will say again it is a must watch.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: Imagine lying by the pool on your Super yacht and saying beer please and your personal drone flying off to get the beer and bringing it back and placing it in your hand.
Thats really super duper WOWW . How amazing this technology and company we investing in!!

• Love
  • Fire
Look at these class names and we are still only just looking at the tip of our berg.
So many arena's that we can improve have already been mentioned or hinted at on this site, just with our first iteration, and to my mind, we are still just getting started. Ubiquitous is such a lovely word, and it seems to me that probably the vast percentage of our use cases haven't even been thought of, or considered properly yet, except perhaps by Peter and his fellow visionary's.
The market will eventually catch on to what we already know or suspect, and will be chasing our shares even harder than it already is.
When this juggernaut takes off again, and the adrenalin and excitement has us in thrall it would be wise to be prepared with a plan that takes into account our individual circumstance and objectives so we are each set up as we would prefer, rather than as buck fever dictates.
Unicorns don't come around too often, or may go unrecognised till too late in the day, so don't trade 'em away too cheap guy's n gals.
One day, she may just take off and re rate, leaving some weeping.
Not financial advise yaddah yaddah.....
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE.................isn't that just another way to say ubiquitous???:ROFLMAO:
GLTAH
And particularly us long termer's and old timers .......we deserve it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yes great word UBIQUITOUS

Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom