BRN Discussion Ongoing

Just for interest again 😂
There's a lidar connection there somewhere when I was doing some digging the other night. But I've misplaced my shovel

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
From same website.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Prophesee develops DVS/event cameras. they have worked with Bosch.

although some of their patents refer to SNNs, they do not seem to be working on the development of SNNs.

WO2019180033A1 FAST DETECTION OF SECONDARY OBJECTS THAT MAY INTERSECT THE TRAJECTORY OF A MOVING PRIMARY OBJECT

View attachment 7791

Preferably, the artificial intelligence module comprises a spiking neural network that is configured to directly receive a stream of identified events as input. This further speeds up the classification because the stream of events may be sufficient for a classification already before the next image frame is delivered by the vision sensor. Also, the representation of a secondary object as a sequence of events may be a highly compressed data set compared with a representation as image information.

On this basis, they could use Akida.
All I can add to this is there is a partnership between Prophessee, Xperia and another company whose name escapes me that does not do SNN but they signed some sort of agreement with Mercedes mid last year approximately off top of my head. If I remember correctly it was for event based cameras for drive vision as opposed to in cabin monitoring. As we know event based cameras work very well with AKIDA cause they both like to give and receive spikes.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Sometimes the future and the present terrifies me.

• Wow
  • Sad
Prophesee develops DVS/event cameras. they have worked with Bosch.

although some of their patents refer to SNNs, they do not seem to be working on the development of SNNs.

WO2019180033A1 FAST DETECTION OF SECONDARY OBJECTS THAT MAY INTERSECT THE TRAJECTORY OF A MOVING PRIMARY OBJECT

View attachment 7791

Preferably, the artificial intelligence module comprises a spiking neural network that is configured to directly receive a stream of identified events as input. This further speeds up the classification because the stream of events may be sufficient for a classification already before the next image frame is delivered by the vision sensor. Also, the representation of a secondary object as a sequence of events may be a highly compressed data set compared with a representation as image information.

On this basis, they could use Akida.
Thanks D

Now that would be interesting.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Realinfo

Regular
Yes Blind Freddie did see at 4.30 pm today saying “That would have been a great trade if you are an honest trader and not part of the group manipulating the price to manufacture the opportunity.”

Blind Freddie like myself sees most of these opportunities after the event with the benefit of hindsight.

I did like your statement at the AGM but it was missing one ingredient popular support as these motions achieved over 98% of approval by shareholders.

It might be that while we all agree about remuneration being fair, equitable and an incentive to nurture performance these motions all passed the pub test with glowing colours and your assessment of them as being out of line was incorrect.

I am no judge as I compare what Sean Hehir is asked to do and what a rugby player is asked to do and what they get paid and think Sean Hehir should be paid ten times his present remuneration.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I’ve not visited HC since I decided to leave Fact, and as for going back to search through thousands of old FF posts…nope…I’d rather spend my time enjoying a satisfying and full life.

Just read your words shown above Fact, and then tell me again in another lengthy narrative, that you weren’t questioning my honesty and integrity.

Read your words Fact, and then tell me again that you weren’t suggesting my trade was only the musings of someone with the benefit of hindsight.

Me myself personally would be the last person to suggest you or anyone else here are stupid for not trading as I do. I have said on numerous occasions that what I do is risky, clearly not for everyone, and indeed has caused grief on more than one occasion.

I challenge thee to a duel Fact…my grey Ferguson can outstrip your Casey Brown - from the weir to the Burrawang Pub…loser pays for lunch, all the beverages, and endures relentless gloating from the victor.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
D

Deleted member 118

I’ve not visited HC since I decided to leave Fact, and as for going back to search through thousands of old FF posts…nope…I’d rather spend my time enjoying a satisfying and full life.

Just read your words shown above Fact, and then tell me again in another lengthy narrative, that you weren’t questioning my honesty and integrity.

Read your words Fact, and then tell me again that you weren’t suggesting my trade was only the musings of someone with the benefit of hindsight.

Me myself personally would be the last person to suggest you or anyone else here are stupid for not trading as I do. I have said on numerous occasions that what I do is risky, clearly not for everyone, and indeed has caused grief on more than one occasion.

I challenge thee to a duel Fact…my grey Ferguson can outstrip your Casey Brown - from the weir to the Burrawang Pub…loser pays for lunch, all the beverages, and endures relentless gloating from the victor.
There will always be traders and good on ya if you make some money and are honest about it especially here lol

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Violin1

Regular
Just returned to the nation's capital after the AGM and catching up. Lots of good commentary and feel about the meeting. It was great to meet some people at the AGM and I was also fortunate to meet more at about three bars/pubs during the afternoon. Just goes to show that a pub crawl at The Rocks is an excellent idea. Even my wife, who was more interested in historical tours and shopping, got to meet a few people. It struck me that there wouldn't have been one person at the AGM who wasn't a 1000 eyes.

Much of this has been covered but a couple of takeaways for me from presentations and later discussions were:
1. Antonio very impressive and highly commercial focus. One of the company members said to me that there may be nobody in the world who has done as many semi-conductor deals as Antonio. Might not be strictly accurate but the sense of it made me go WOW. He is a very available Chair and very active with the company. Serious value-add here.
2. Intent is to go up to 4 independent directors this year and five thereafter (so not all additional). This is what the increase in director remuneration pool, was about.
3. Sean's environment diagram and explanations reinforced for me the feel we have had for several months - that the words ubiquitous and all-pervading truly reflect where the company is pushing. We may not see many "BRN is in the new i-phone" announcements because our IP has been picked up and integrated three steps earlier.
4. There was a very clear message that we are not going to be producing chips. Sean said there would be reference chips produced but not called/considered Akida 2000 because we are an IP company not a chip company. The next reference chip would be produced before the next AGM.
5. Renesas was on board first and is great - but Megachips really know their stuff and may be moving faster.
6. The prices for the last two LDA calls were at $1.5972 and $1.4665. Noice. Very noice.
7. The Board-approved Operating Plan for the company has an increase of staffing by about 40% this year (I think we knew it was heading to about 100 but confirmed in the context of the Op Plan). These will be mainly Sales, Marketing and Engineers (pity not accountants and money counters...lol).
8. PVDM I think said "aggressively" pursuing patents and will do 50 this year across jurisdictions.
9. My take is that the Directors are confident. Constantly scanning, constantly refocussing, constantly pushing - but confident - and because I'm a "feel" person without great detail in the tech then this made me leave with an assurance of where I've invested.
10. NVISO demo was great. Thanks to legend Jesse for organising that. When asked what we were interested in I said I wanted to see the green flashing thing....and...there it was! Sooo exciting.

Baaa baaa baaa, baaa ba Ballista.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 91 users

I would not in all seriousness suggest anyone climb back into that sewer again particularly not someone who I have some affection for.

I have read my post again as you have suggested and because it was not intended to imply what you think it does I still on reading it a second time believe that it should not be taken the way that you have, anymore than I should interpret your first post as implying that I and others who did not trade were fools.

I will let you into a little secret when I was in private practise my wife who worked with me would occasionally suggest changes to correspondence on the basis that perhaps I might want to take a less confrontational approach but I do not have her here checking what I type and pulling my reigns. So I just cannot see that which you have seen.

I don't have my Casey insured or registered for the road but would not object to breaking bread and toasting life with a fine wine at some point in the future without the need for it to be the outcome of a competition.

My opinion only no research required particularly on HC
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
Lack of wows possibly because it was already posted 3 hrs earlier 😢🤣🤣🤣

I believe you that it was posted but I have not found it. I need to consult Zeeb0t.

Reactions: 1 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Just returned to the nation's capital after the AGM and catching up. Lots of good commentary and feel about the meeting. It was great to meet some people at the AGM and I was also fortunate to meet more at about three bars/pubs during the afternoon. Just goes to show that a pub crawl at The Rocks is an excellent idea. Even my wife, who was more interested in historical tours and shopping, got to meet a few people. It struck me that there wouldn't have been one person at the AGM who wasn't a 1000 eyes.

Much of this has been covered but a couple of takeaways for me from presentations and later discussions were:
1. Antonio very impressive and highly commercial focus. One of the company members said to me that there may be nobody in the world who has done as many semi-conductor deals as Antonio. Might not be strictly accurate but the sense of it made me go WOW. He is a very available Chair and very active with the company. Serious value-add here.
2. Intent is to go up to 4 independent directors this year and five thereafter (so not all additional). This is what the increase in director remuneration pool, was about.
3. Sean's environment diagram and explanations reinforced for me the feel we have had for several months - that the words ubiquitous and all-pervading truly reflect where the company is pushing. We may not see many "BRN is in the new i-phone" announcements because our IP has been picked up and integrated three steps earlier.
4. There was a very clear message that we are not going to be producing chips. Sean said there would be reference chips produced but not called/considered Akida 2000 because we are an IP company not a chip company. The next reference chip would be produced before the next AGM.
5. Renesas was on board first and is great - but Megachips really know their stuff and may be moving faster.
6. The prices for the last two LDA calls were at $1.5972 and $1.4665. Noice. Very noice.
7. The Board-approved Operating Plan for the company has an increase of staffing by about 40% this year (I think we knew it was heading to about 100 but confirmed in the context of the Op Plan). These will be mainly Sales, Marketing and Engineers (pity not accountants and money counters...lol).
8. PVDM I think said "aggressively" pursuing patents and will do 50 this year across jurisdictions.
9. My take is that the Directors are confident. Constantly scanning, constantly refocussing, constantly pushing - but confident - and because I'm a "feel" person without great detail in the tech then this made me leave with an assurance of where I've invested.
10. NVISO demo was great. Thanks to legend Jesse for organising that. When asked what we were interested in I said I wanted to see the green flashing thing....and...there it was! Sooo exciting.

Great summary and lovely to meet you, a thoroughly likeable chap. Happy to go halfsey's with you anytime :ROFLMAO:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Quatrojos

Regular

Hey V,

Point four, IMO, should be taken in context with the recent statement made by team BRN (PVDM, I think) that customers requiring volumes over 1M are encouraged to work with IP rather than BRN silicon.

I take this to mean that BRN will no longer get out of bed for less than this volume...

Q

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Now here is something further to play around with and longer term holders will know that I posted a comparison of the Intel Loihi v Brainchip AKIDA styled 'Just how good is AKIDA' in 2020 which was lengthy and now lost in the mists of HC times but which I think can now be broken down into some simple figures now that most here have a pretty good grasp on the AKIDA REVOLUTION.

AKIDA runs up to 1024 AKD1000 chips before needing reengineering.

One AKD1000 has 1.2 million neuron equivalents and 10 billion synapse equivalents. So 1024 AKD1000's or 81,920 AKIDA nodes is 1billion 228million 800 thousand neuron equivalents and 1.24 trillion synapse equivalents.

Loihi 2 is fabricated on pre-production Intel 4 process and has a total of 1,048,576 artificial neurons and 120 million synapses.
(from 1 Oct 2021)

It can
be seen that as you multiply out the number of Loihi chips to 1024 the gap between it and AKD1000 grows exponentially so that 1024 Loihi 2 x 1024 becomes 1 billion 73 million 741 thousand 824 neuron equivalents and 12.288 billion synapse equivalents.

So AKIDA ends up over 100 million ahead on neurons and over 1 trillion synapse ahead. The more you add the wider the gap.

Then throw in the admitted fact that Mike Davies in the following interview based article has advised that producing Loihi 2 in volume carries problems still to be resolved it becomes clear that this is indeed a one horse race.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Much obliged, I'll be stealing this to further inform a friend 😏

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Just love this:

You’re in good company​

Trusted by:​

mega_chips.png

Renesas.png

NASA.png

Valeo.png

mercedes.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

Realinfo

Regular
I would not in all seriousness suggest anyone climb back into that sewer again particularly not someone who I have some affection for.

I have read my post again as you have suggested and because it was not intended to imply what you think it does I still on reading it a second time believe that it should not be taken the way that you have, anymore than I should interpret your first post as implying that I and others who did not trade were fools.

I will let you into a little secret when I was in private practise my wife who worked with me would occasionally suggest changes to correspondence on the basis that perhaps I might want to take a less confrontational approach but I do not have her here checking what I type and pulling my reigns. So I just cannot see that which you have seen.

I don't have my Casey insured or registered for the road but would not object to breaking bread and toasting life with a fine wine at some point in the future without the need for it to be the outcome of a competition.

My opinion only no research required particularly on HC
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
A wise decision…my grey Ferguson has Akida inside !!!

Breaking bread and drinking fine wine sounds good…perhaps when we reach $5.00 just prior to Christmas’22.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Mugen74

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 1 users

mkm109

Regular
Now here is something further to play around with and longer term holders will know that I posted a comparison of the Intel Loihi v Brainchip AKIDA styled 'Just how good is AKIDA' in 2020 which was lengthy and now lost in the mists of HC times but which I think can now be broken down into some simple figures now that most here have a pretty good grasp on the AKIDA REVOLUTION.

AKIDA runs up to 1024 AKD1000 chips before needing reengineering.

One AKD1000 has 1.2 million neuron equivalents and 10 billion synapse equivalents. So 1024 AKD1000's or 81,920 AKIDA nodes is 1billion 228million 800 thousand neuron equivalents and 1.24 trillion synapse equivalents.

Loihi 2 is fabricated on pre-production Intel 4 process and has a total of 1,048,576 artificial neurons and 120 million synapses.
(from 1 Oct 2021)

It can
be seen that as you multiply out the number of Loihi chips to 1024 the gap between it and AKD1000 grows exponentially so that 1024 Loihi 2 x 1024 becomes 1 billion 73 million 741 thousand 824 neuron equivalents and 12.288 billion synapse equivalents.

So AKIDA ends up over 100 million ahead on neurons and over 1 trillion synapse ahead. The more you add the wider the gap.

Then throw in the admitted fact that Mike Davies in the following interview based article has advised that producing Loihi 2 in volume carries problems still to be resolved it becomes clear that this is indeed a one horse race.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Number of synapse is more critical as it represents the interconnect between the neurons . So Akida is actually far further ahead then it looks

• Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom