BRN Discussion Ongoing

Could someone kindly link me to the AGM recording a poster here done?

robsmark

Regular
What you have posted is entirely incorrect.

Unless there is revenue that can be quantified the ASX will classify an attempt to announce this partnership with ARM as ramping.

I cannot see how anyone could fail to understand the information provided by the company that this is not a revenue based partnership at this stage it is a building an ecosystem partnership which Blind Freddie would understand will lead to revenue at some point.

But that revenue cannot be calculated.

If ARM were to decide to license the IP and offer its own range of products then this would be a revenue generating contract and no longer a ramping announcement and the ASX would accept it and it would be published on the ASX. In fact it would have to be announced on the ASX and Brainchip would do so.

I wrote a very long post with references some weeks back which fully set this out and if you want to understand you can trawl back through and read it but this is the situation and what you have said is just wrong.

This is not how the ASX now operates since GetSwift -v- ASIC appeal verdict last year. The criminal activity of this company has changed the game.

My rock solid opinion only but you really should obtain independent paid legal advice so you understand the new paradigm on the ASX otherwise DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I have a great deal of respect for you as a poster FF, and have followed you for a number of years. In this case I believe you are incorrect. Many companies release ASX announcements regarding new partnerships, a simple search on HC will validate this. It came out of Seans mouth yesterday that they were doing the minimum to satisfy ASX regulations, it was also stated that the SP will do, what it will do.

As I said previously, most of what transpired yesterday was highly positive, I just took issue with this statement.

Of course I understand that these partnerships will eventually lead to revenue, At no point have I ever said anything to the contrary. My issue at the moment is the diminishing SP, and the companies blatant disregard to do anything about it. Something I’ve also posted about previously.

Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

• A8797D92-0069-4607-9014-6C5D9CED0218.jpeg
    A8797D92-0069-4607-9014-6C5D9CED0218.jpeg
    541.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Rodney

Regular
I wonder if this deliberate push down is to keep us out of the asx200.as you would assume that getting in would add more buying pressure. I might be totally of track but we did have a big push down close to the last reset.

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users
The time of greatness is shortly upon us. Everybody seems a little on edge. Take a deep breath calm down we are all in this together no matter the size of our holdings or the time we have been holding.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I have a great deal of respect for you as a poster FF, and have followed you for a number of years. In this case I believe you are incorrect. Many companies release ASX announcements regarding new partnerships, a simple search on HC will validate this. It came out of Seans mouth yesterday that they were doing the minimum to satisfy ASX regulations, it was also stated that the SP will do, what it will do.

As I said previously, most of what transpired yesterday was highly positive, I just took issue with this statement.

Of course I understand that these partnerships will eventually lead to revenue, I no point have I ever said anything to the contrary. My issue at the moment is the diminishing SP, and the companies blatant disregard to do anything about it. Something I’ve also posted about previously.

Cheers,
Mark
Hi Rob,

If memory serves, @Fact Finder drew a distinction between the rules for IT companies and the run-of-the-mill mining companies on ASX.

After all, how many ML/AI/SNN companies are there on ASX?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Thank you for your post and comments - Dollarsandsense

I would like to reply with a comment of my own.
Firstly I do NOT comment that everything is down ramping! I have over the period of this forum made this claim against 3 people of which (1) was removed!
I would differ in what you term - Aggressive.
I did NOT - swear (Fu**ing), call him RED NECK or PULL YOU AROGANT HEAD IN. (These words were used by Foxdog attacking me)

What I did was point out he was - downramping! He STATED that a bargain was under $1.05c when it closed down at $1.17 after a high of $1.33
I pointed this out only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be honest I am sick of weak members who just want rainbows and lolliepops! The world is even & fair!
We have only had several "nefarious" types here but .............
EVERY TIME I make a stand against them, I get shot down by "don't make a fuss" types who do nothing towards any RESEARCH, INFO (aside from stupid posts) and contribute nothing towards this Community. PERIOD! WALL SITTERS quite happy to let other hardworking members do the actual grind here!

If we just let members post crap like...........I will Top up if it drops another 20c (even though down 10% in one day) type of crap then we will only have another HOTCRAPPER V2.

As it stands, pip traders, shorters, brokers ,HOTCRAPPER MODS have been and are all here and the more leniency you give them the worse this Forum will become. They are waiting & watching.

So as some including yourself have shown disagreement with my stand against these types, I will now take a well earned break from assisting members here and posting................. and leave you to your own resources.

Yak52

Your mates at it again? :p:unsure::cool:

1653464660495.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Rskiff

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Mugen74

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Congratulations on buying more shares, I'm just wondering how IP royalties will work,is it by each product being sold with Akida in it or something else
From what I understand, yes.
Partners use our IP in their products, and each unit sold will generate profit for us.
Which is why it's very lucrative.
They design, create, assemble, organise, produce, market and supply everything and we get money for everything they sell with our IP in it.
Profit margin 🤑🤑🤑

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
From what I understand, yes.
Partners use our IP in their products, and each unit sold will generate profit for us.
Which is why it's very lucrative.
They design, create, assemble, organise, produce, market and supply everything and we get money for everything they sell with our IP in it.
Profit margin 🤑🤑🤑
tenor (8).gif

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Of course I understand that these partnerships will eventually lead to revenue, I no point have I ever said anything to the contrary. My issue at the moment is the diminishing SP, and the companies blatant disregard to do anything about it. Something I’ve also posted about previously.

Cheers,
Mark
OK here is a way for you to resolve this make a formal complaint to the ASX that Brainchip failed to announce the ARM partnership.

You have even taken Sean’s words out of context he did not say they are doing the minimum he said they are strictly complying with the ASX Rules.

This is not about opinions this is about what the ASX allows a tech company like Brainchip to announce via the ASX platform.

I do not care if you respect me or not for the purpose of this discussion you are wrong and you could lead others into the same misunderstanding.

Brainchip cannot announce things on the ASX that are considered ramping. This falls within the definition of ramping being applied by the ASX to technology companies.

It is just that simple.

Whether I or you think it is a correct way for the ASX to run the show is irrelevant our opinions do not matter.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

Pappagallo

Regular

Cheers,
Mark

Diminishing SP? It’s up almost 70% since Xmas and for good reason. News travels fast in the age of social media so people already know what there is to know. I honestly don’t think a couple of ASX announcements with no revenue attached would make much of a difference at this point.

• Love

Realinfo

Regular
Following my robust objection to the Remuneration Report at the 2018 AGM… when I said the rewards being provided were way too premature and excessive for a company where Brainchip was at…I stood again yesterday and said much more politely than in 2018, that whilst I agree with rewards, they should only be granted AFTER someone has achieved something above and beyond what the company expected of them, not BEFORE.

I continued by saying I expected Brainchip to become a giant, a company that will make us all very proud to be associated with, but right now, whilst making good progress, our company can only be described as having potential.

We have a whole new board and executive since 2018, but once again we see people being massively over rewarded before they’ve achieved anything other than what (well at least what I) would normally expect of them from doing their day-to-day job.

I am first to agree that our new Chair and CEO sound impressive, but right now all we have from them are words.

Our shares are already valuable, but we all know we’re only seeing the tip of their value iceberg. We should not cast them around like confetti, before the recipients have done anything to really deserve them.

I also suggested that the structure of our rewards programme was too narrow and inequitable…that our bosses should get a bit less so deserving employees lower down could get a little more.

Tony Dawe and I had an interesting conversation about this after the meeting. I also had an enlightening chat with Sean about several matters including…’we don’t need China’.

Whilst in an assertive mindset…may I suggest that some of you stop whinging about our share price and how it’s being manipulated, and use the volatility to your own advantage?

As we heard at the AGM…’the share price is what it is’.

On Monday when our share price was above $1.30, it was as clear as day
that an accumulation opportunity was in the offer. I sold one million shares and bought them back today for $1.055…a net accumulation of 200K plus shares

I know this is not without risk, but even Blind Freddie should have seen this opportunity.

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Hey @robsmark last year WBT had a similar dilemma. There was a news which was Ann worthy in the eyes of retail but it was a press release.
Someone contacted CEO of that company and the CEO clarified that ASX rules were stricter now and couldn't be announced on market unless the news is attached with material (aka $$) attached.

Apologies I saw this last year on the other forum so no idea how I'd find it to prove it to you, but someone else might be able to confirm.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
OK here is a way for you to resolve this make a formal complaint to the ASX that Brainchip failed to announce the ARM partnership.

You have even taken Sean’s words out of context he did not say they are doing the minimum he said they are strictly complying with the ASX Rules.

This is not about opinions this is about what the ASX allows a tech company like Brainchip to announce via the ASX platform.

I do not care if you respect me or not for the purpose of this discussion you are wrong and you could lead others into the same misunderstanding.

Brainchip cannot announce things on the ASX that are considered ramping. This falls within the definition of ramping being applied by the ASX to technology companies.

It is just that simple.

Whether I or you think it is a correct way for the ASX to run the show is irrelevant our opinions do not matter.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF I Heard a interview with Sean today,this guy really impresses me and in my opinion is the right guy for the job , 1 thing that came of it he stated the word wasn't out there enough ,take that as it will but our Ceo is switched on

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Proga

Regular
I actually didn’t like that comment. Part of running a public company is managing the SP. Releasing the “minimum required to satisfy ASX requirements” is not doing the SP any favours. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want this company to release fluff, in fact, the fact that they don’t is something which I find comforting - but partnerships with the likes of ARMS?! Come on... Especially given the SHers patience with zero news flow about the EAP. WE DESERVE THIS!!!

I have an increased confidence in the new found professionalism of this company - ditching the robot, refreshing the website, taking marketing away from PVDM and having him focus CTO responsibilities are all great moves. But when you have an obvious short campaign happening against your ship, you have to use all the artillery available.

I can only hope that this comment was made because those with inside knowledge are that comfortable with what they know. We’re almost in our sixth month of 22, and are still waiting on further commercial announcements, after being assured that this was the year. I won’t sell as I see the potential here, but better SH consideration is required I think.
Rob,

Apart from the banks, every stock I own is currently being shorted or have owned in the past. Management don't want their agenda's dictated to by shorters so whatever the SP is short term, is what it is. Their focus should remain fixed on implementing their growth strategies to drive SP growth over the longer term. They can't be seen to be reacting to shorters.

Shorters also hurt them financial as well. It is often the case part of their short term incentives are tied to the SP. Until it's outlawed, we all have to learn to live with it. In fact, I watched the stock being mauled by shorters for 3 months before buying in. I'd just had another stock mauled when I turned my focus on to BRN. It was the first thing I checked so I knew I had plenty of time to do my research.

• Love
  • Fire

Dhm

Regular
Following my robust objection to the Remuneration Report at the 2018 AGM… when I said the rewards being provided were way too premature and excessive for a company where Brainchip was at…I stood again yesterday and said much more politely than in 2018, that whilst I agree with rewards, they should only be granted AFTER someone has achieved something above and beyond what the company expected of them, not BEFORE.

I continued by saying I expected Brainchip to become a giant, a company that will make us all very proud to be associated with, but right now, whilst making good progress, our company can only be described as having potential.

We have a whole new board and executive since 2018, but once again we see people being massively over rewarded before they’ve achieved anything other than what (well at least what I) would normally expect of them from doing their day-to-day job.

I am first to agree that our new Chair and CEO sound impressive, but right now all we have from them are words.

Our shares are already valuable, but we all know we’re only seeing the tip of their value iceberg. We should not cast them around like confetti, before the recipients have done anything to really deserve them.

I also suggested that the structure of our rewards programme was too narrow and inequitable…that our bosses should get a bit less so deserving employees lower down could get a little more.

Tony Dawe and I had an interesting conversation about this after the meeting. I also had an enlightening chat with Sean about several matters including…’we don’t need China’.

Whilst in an assertive mindset…may I suggest that some of you stop whinging about our share price and how it’s being manipulated, and use the volatility to your own advantage?

As we heard at the AGM…’the share price is what it is’.

On Monday when our share price was above $1.30, it was as clear as day
that an accumulation opportunity was in the offer. I sold one million shares and bought them back today for $1.055…a net accumulation of 200K plus shares

I know this is not without risk, but even Blind Freddie should have seen this opportunity.
I was impressed with the point you made yesterday, but there are things happening that are more than words. They have over 100 NDA's. I would suggest that an NDA is signed ONLY when a client is impressed enough to sign up. ARM, Renesas, Megachips and a host of other clients will be more than words. I understand the SP will only rise with revenue, but me, you and a host of other shareholders will all just have to await the inevitable 4C's that will lead the charge!
Stay frosty everyone!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
I wonder if this deliberate push down is to keep us out of the asx200.as you would assume that getting in would add more buying pressure. I might be totally of track but we did have a big push down close to the last reset.
Every stock I've owned that has made it to asx 200/300 have initially had the price driven down once being admitted. 🤯

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom