BRN Discussion Ongoing

BaconLover

Founding Member
Hey Yak, let's bury the hatchet m8. We're all on this amazing journey together. I'm just a retail investor employed in a different field of expertise (nothing to do with the financial sector) but I think you'd find we have a bit in common - not least of which being pretty headstrong.

I'm just trying to buy the dips to increase my holding because I want BRN to change my life and that of my family. I don't think I'll achieve inter-generational wealth like FF' has often said (I love that term) but I plan on making a significant difference with this share. I honestly don't believe any comment I make would materially effect the share price but if my comments are taken as down-ramping then I apologize and will add a disclaimer next time I go to press.

If we happen to meet at the $10 I'll buy the first beer 🍻
That's the spirit 👍

Talking about spirit, can you buy me a beer/spirit too?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Sorry dude! Just go back to whatever it was you were doing ok!

What i do is my business and here I take a stand against MANIPULATORS of the companies stock and share price! My background gives me special insight.. ..............see.

ANGRY?.............damn right I am that this type of manipulation can continue on the ASX with THEIR blessing!
the "smoke & mirrors" put up by the ASX, ASIC and Instos around this trying to fool mums n dads (Retail) that its all for their own good ,bullshit !!! CORRUPTION thats what it is.
As FF says, (oh they would not do this would they?? wink wink. )lol
Damn right they do, all day every day.

Many Many mums n dads go home tonight after working HARD all day to find their positions "triggered" and are now out.
IF lucky the SP will be below what they were kicked out, many not so lucky!
Many others only check their accounts once per wk so do not even know they are out!

ALL in the name of PROFITS and Corporate GREED.

So yes I suppose I am "pissed "off AND CARE about others here! What about you pal??? Do YOU care??

Yak52
Yak52 yes it's an absolute disgrace the manipulation that has occurred in the last 2 day lucky I have enough research and confidence in BRN to not have stop loss as I've been caught before in other stocks and had to buy back in at a higher price

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
On the topic of ASX Ann's there was definitely a rule change and further scrutiny flagged by the ASX if they saw fit.

The thing for me is that it is still a little grey which allows some companies to meet continuous disclosure but not Ann some things that would actually also inform the mkt via official channels.

Nor a argument here from me but the way I see it is the company can make the Ann's of partnerships and similar so long as not marked price sensitive (likely queried) or the timing isn't fortuitously aligned with something like a cap raise or uses overly exuberant wording to pump it up.

If price sensitive then really needs something material and also potentially revenue generating or formal contract etc.

Personally, I would like the company to not take the easy path and actually make the occasional formal non price sensitive Ann on things like Arm, Nviso & SiFive.

These to me would simply be a statement of fact to "inform" the mkt (as allowed for) that a partnership has been undertaken but no formal contract, licensing, revenue model etc is in place.

The concern would be if there "is" a material contract in behind the partnership that the ASX would possibly require price sensitivity on the Ann and some meat around the contract.

Though there are other rules around what gets disclosed for those details as they can be industry sensitive (margins, fees etc), technology protective and the like

Here is a summary from HerbertSmithFreehills to give a snapshot.

Listed companies should be aware that “ramping” announcements are on the ASX’s radar. Companies risk suspension from trading if the ASX considers that they have released announcements that are designed to “ramp” up their share price rather than to inform the market.

IN BRIEF​

• ASX recently advised that “ramping” announcements are on its radar and that companies making them risk suspension from the ASX.
  • “Ramping” announcements are designed to increase a company’s share price, rather than to inform the market. ASX has observed that these types of announcements are often disclosures about customer contracts.
  • Companies should be aware that ASX is maintaining its spotlight on the disclosure of customer contracts, following its related guidance issued late last year on this topic.

ASX COMPLIANCE UPDATE​

In its recent Compliance Update (Compliance Update No. 07/19), ASX issued a strong caution to listed entities against making announcements it termed “ramping” announcements.
ASX has said that whenever it detects what it suspects to be a “ramping” announcement, it will not hesitate to suspend trading in the entity’s securities and issue a query letter asking the entity to:
  • explain its basis for lodging the announcement – specifically whether it was lodged to meet the company’s continuous obligations under ASX listing rule 3.1 or for some other purpose; and
  • identify what information in the announcement is market sensitive and why it is market sensitive.
In less serious cases, ASX may instead require an entity to publish a corrective announcement highlighting that the information in the “ramping” announcement is not material.
This most recent ASX compliance update comes off the back of ASX’s focus on improving disclosures relating to customer contracts. ASX issued updated Guidance Note 8 to introduce specific criteria for the disclosure of customer contracts and ASX also issued a compliance update in March 2018, following a number of high profile cases involving companies who issued misleading announcements relating to their customer contracts.

WHAT IS A “RAMPING” ANNOUNCEMENT?​

A “ramping” announcement is an announcement that is designed to increase the price of an entity’s securities, rather than to inform the market.

It typically contains exuberant or superlative language and discloses information that has little substance and that is not material to the entity.

ASX noted its observations on the timing and nature of the “ramping” announcements it has detected, indicating that:

• some of the announcements seem to be made around the time of a capital raising with the purpose of either supporting the company’s share price ahead of a raising or facilitating a profitable exit for some investors after a raising; and
  • the announcements often focused on customer developments or business updates which have minimal substance.
ASX’s focus on these kinds of announcements appears to be underpinned by a concern that they are misleading market participants, and may be creating a false market in an entity’s securities.

TAKEAWAYS​

Listed entities may have a range of reasons for making an ASX announcement, even where the information is not necessarily price sensitive requiring disclosure under their continuous disclosure obligations.

In addition, the question of whether information is price sensitive is not always black and white, with entities often electing to over-disclose, in view of the consequences of breaching their continuous disclosure obligations.

Many of these announcements will have been made for perfectly legitimate reasons, and will continue to be appropriate.

We think the key takeaways are for listed entities to check the following three points before publishing an announcement:

• Language: is the language being used in the announcement appropriate in the context of the information being conveyed – e.g., if marketing style language is being used, is it unnecessarily exuberant?
  • Timing: when is the announcement being made? Is there a risk that the ASX could view the timing of the announcement, along with any other planned action by the listed entity, as being deliberately designed to prop up the entity’s share price?
  • Customer contracts: if the announcement is in relation to customer contracts, does the announcement comply with the specified criteria in section 4.15 of ASX’s Guidance Note 8?
The real crunch is in the following:

IN BRIEF​

• ASX recently advised that “ramping” announcements are on its radar and that companies making them risk suspension from the ASX.
  • “Ramping” announcements are designed to increase a company’s share price, rather than to inform the market. ASX has observed that these types of announcements are often disclosures about customer contracts.
  • Companies should be aware that ASX is maintaining its spotlight on the disclosure of customer contracts, following its related guidance issued late last year on this topic.

So a company such as Brainchip takes the risk releases on the ASX then retrospectively has the ASX rule on their notice and decide that it is ramping and suspends them.

The reason to take the risk being some short term price improvement with a downside of suspension from trading.

If they put it up as non price sensitive the MF’s of this world can broadcast to all the world not price sensitive no money in this it is another fluff announcement.

Loose, loose, loose every way you look at it. The downside of suspension from trading outweighs a non price sensitive ASX release.

I can guarantee that any lawyer would faced with the risk reward involved advise every client not release on ASX make it a press release no downside.

Release on the ASX and you could be suspended and shareholders could sue you for negligence.

All this lay opinion takes us nowhere.

Tony Dawe and the two Australian Directors have recently had a meeting with the head of the ASX trying to get guidance and the response was if you were non compliant we would tell you and until we tell you otherwise you will remain so. No help just we will punish you if you get it wrong.

So who here wants the company to risk suspension with their fingers crossed for a short term price movement when a press release is no risk and just like Mercedes Benz non price sensitive announcement can drive the price if the market likes the news.

Most ordinary retail have never heard of ARM.

The tech savvy will be reading ARM’s Twitter and the technology mags and blogs and understand.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

Foxdog

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

hamilton66

Regular

S, sometimes people just have the knack, when they're being interviewed, of just being effing annoying. I'm incredibly , incredibly ! impressed with Sean. Across his shit, gives nothing away, but at the same time, has a clear pathway, is confident, succinct and clearly enthusiastic. I'm super impressed with this guy. All s/hs should stop watching the s/p, and spend their time reading and researching. IMO, there's an awful lot of fun to come. Patience, and for the converted, buy on the dips, and hold long term. BRN has ALWAYS been a rocky ride. Early believers have profited massively. The time is not far away where revenue will simply swamp doubts, and shorters will become significantly reticent to bet against BRN tech, which at the moment is exactly what they're doing.
GLTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

mcm

Regular
On the topic of ASX Ann's there was definitely a rule change and further scrutiny flagged by the ASX if they saw fit.

The thing for me is that it is still a little grey which allows some companies to meet continuous disclosure but not Ann some things that would actually also inform the mkt via official channels.

Nor a argument here from me but the way I see it is the company can make the Ann's of partnerships and similar so long as not marked price sensitive (likely queried) or the timing isn't fortuitously aligned with something like a cap raise or uses overly exuberant wording to pump it up.

If price sensitive then really needs something material and also potentially revenue generating or formal contract etc.

Personally, I would like the company to not take the easy path and actually make the occasional formal non price sensitive Ann on things like Arm, Nviso & SiFive.

These to me would simply be a statement of fact to "inform" the mkt (as allowed for) that a partnership has been undertaken but no formal contract, licensing, revenue model etc is in place.

The concern would be if there "is" a material contract in behind the partnership that the ASX would possibly require price sensitivity on the Ann and some meat around the contract.

Though there are other rules around what gets disclosed for those details as they can be industry sensitive (margins, fees etc), technology protective and the like

Here is a summary from HerbertSmithFreehills to give a snapshot.

Listed companies should be aware that “ramping” announcements are on the ASX’s radar. Companies risk suspension from trading if the ASX considers that they have released announcements that are designed to “ramp” up their share price rather than to inform the market.

IN BRIEF​

ASX COMPLIANCE UPDATE​

In its recent Compliance Update (Compliance Update No. 07/19), ASX issued a strong caution to listed entities against making announcements it termed “ramping” announcements.
ASX has said that whenever it detects what it suspects to be a “ramping” announcement, it will not hesitate to suspend trading in the entity’s securities and issue a query letter asking the entity to:
  • explain its basis for lodging the announcement – specifically whether it was lodged to meet the company’s continuous obligations under ASX listing rule 3.1 or for some other purpose; and
  • identify what information in the announcement is market sensitive and why it is market sensitive.
In less serious cases, ASX may instead require an entity to publish a corrective announcement highlighting that the information in the “ramping” announcement is not material.
This most recent ASX compliance update comes off the back of ASX’s focus on improving disclosures relating to customer contracts. ASX issued updated Guidance Note 8 to introduce specific criteria for the disclosure of customer contracts and ASX also issued a compliance update in March 2018, following a number of high profile cases involving companies who issued misleading announcements relating to their customer contracts.

WHAT IS A “RAMPING” ANNOUNCEMENT?​

A “ramping” announcement is an announcement that is designed to increase the price of an entity’s securities, rather than to inform the market.

It typically contains exuberant or superlative language and discloses information that has little substance and that is not material to the entity.

ASX noted its observations on the timing and nature of the “ramping” announcements it has detected, indicating that:

• some of the announcements seem to be made around the time of a capital raising with the purpose of either supporting the company’s share price ahead of a raising or facilitating a profitable exit for some investors after a raising; and
  • the announcements often focused on customer developments or business updates which have minimal substance.
ASX’s focus on these kinds of announcements appears to be underpinned by a concern that they are misleading market participants, and may be creating a false market in an entity’s securities.

TAKEAWAYS​

Listed entities may have a range of reasons for making an ASX announcement, even where the information is not necessarily price sensitive requiring disclosure under their continuous disclosure obligations.

In addition, the question of whether information is price sensitive is not always black and white, with entities often electing to over-disclose, in view of the consequences of breaching their continuous disclosure obligations.

Many of these announcements will have been made for perfectly legitimate reasons, and will continue to be appropriate.

We think the key takeaways are for listed entities to check the following three points before publishing an announcement:

• Language: is the language being used in the announcement appropriate in the context of the information being conveyed – e.g., if marketing style language is being used, is it unnecessarily exuberant?
  • Timing: when is the announcement being made? Is there a risk that the ASX could view the timing of the announcement, along with any other planned action by the listed entity, as being deliberately designed to prop up the entity’s share price?
  • Customer contracts: if the announcement is in relation to customer contracts, does the announcement comply with the specified criteria in section 4.15 of ASX’s Guidance Note 8?

I think this is an example of a non-price sensitive announcement that BRN could make to keep shareholders better informed imo ... https://www.belldirect.com.au/file.type?src=lEih7mNYKUJHyB3/Z+1pv/eCzyB/zRLM

It was posted last week and gave holders of this stock a great deal of comfort that that things were progressing well behind the scenes.

Many shareholders do not read posts on this exceptional forum nor peruse the BRN website daily for press rel4ases. A letter to shareholders once in a while informing them of progress with Akida 2000 and which companies they are in partnership with now, such as ARM, would work wonders imo.

Reactions: 10 users
D

Deleted member 118

Perspective is very important.

Consider how you would be feeling if you were a parent of one of the 14 children who were shot to death after you took them to school over in the USA???

I wonder if you would be watching the Nasdaq tonight???

Seems unlikely to me.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Rest In Peace to all the children and teachers killed today and nothing can describe my feelings to what happened.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 36 users
The real crunch is in the following:

IN BRIEF​

So a company such as Brainchip takes the risk releases on the ASX then retrospectively has the ASX rule on their notice and decide that it is ramping and suspends them.

The reason to take the risk being some short term price improvement with a downside of suspension from trading.

If they put it up as non price sensitive the MF’s of this world can broadcast to all the world not price sensitive no money in this it is another fluff announcement.

Loose, loose, loose every way you look at it. The downside of suspension from trading outweighs a non price sensitive ASX release.

I can guarantee that any lawyer would faced with the risk reward involved advise every client not release on ASX make it a press release no downside.

Release on the ASX and you could be suspended and shareholders could sue you for negligence.

All this lay opinion takes us nowhere.

Tony Dawe and the two Australian Directors have recently had a meeting with the head of the ASX trying to get guidance and the response was if you were non compliant we would tell you and until we tell you otherwise you will remain so. No help just we will punish you if you get it wrong.

So who here wants the company to risk suspension with their fingers crossed for a short term price movement when a press release is no risk and just like Mercedes Benz non price sensitive announcement can drive the price if the market likes the news.

Most ordinary retail have never heard of ARM.

The tech savvy will be reading ARM’s Twitter and the technology mags and blogs and understand.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hence my preface with....still a little grey.

I get what you are saying and my view is it's not entirely about SP nor implied BRN is not compliant.

As you pointed out the SP moved on Merc info and everyone damned the Co for no official Ann...go figure

It's about informing the mkt through official channels where the option exists.

So if they sought guidance why not put the examples of media releases re ARM, Merc, Nviso, SiFive to the ASX and get a ruling if a non sensitive Ann would be acceptable also in those cases?

They would have their ruling, be compliant and not have to take the path of least resistance via media.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Rodney

Regular
Every stock I've owned that has made it to asx 200/300 have initially had the price driven down once being admitted. 🤯
Yes Rise but if you don’t want people playing in your back yard would you if having the ability stop it. Whoever is playing this is making money both ways.

Reactions: 3 users

Perhaps

Regular
Just for relaxing.
It's been a long way...
art10.jpg
merc.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
Following my robust objection to the Remuneration Report at the 2018 AGM… when I said the rewards being provided were way too premature and excessive for a company where Brainchip was at…I stood again yesterday and said much more politely than in 2018, that whilst I agree with rewards, they should only be granted AFTER someone has achieved something above and beyond what the company expected of them, not BEFORE.

I continued by saying I expected Brainchip to become a giant, a company that will make us all very proud to be associated with, but right now, whilst making good progress, our company can only be described as having potential.

We have a whole new board and executive since 2018, but once again we see people being massively over rewarded before they’ve achieved anything other than what (well at least what I) would normally expect of them from doing their day-to-day job.

I am first to agree that our new Chair and CEO sound impressive, but right now all we have from them are words.

Our shares are already valuable, but we all know we’re only seeing the tip of their value iceberg. We should not cast them around like confetti, before the recipients have done anything to really deserve them.

I also suggested that the structure of our rewards programme was too narrow and inequitable…that our bosses should get a bit less so deserving employees lower down could get a little more.

Tony Dawe and I had an interesting conversation about this after the meeting. I also had an enlightening chat with Sean about several matters including…’we don’t need China’.

Whilst in an assertive mindset…may I suggest that some of you stop whinging about our share price and how it’s being manipulated, and use the volatility to your own advantage?

As we heard at the AGM…’the share price is what it is’.

On Monday when our share price was above $1.30, it was as clear as day
that an accumulation opportunity was in the offer. I sold one million shares and bought them back today for $1.055…a net accumulation of 200K plus shares

I know this is not without risk, but even Blind Freddie should have seen this opportunity.
I see it as an example of a carrot on a stick, we need to attract and keep the carrot eaters to achieve our goal. No insult intended to the carrot eaters at Brainchip. Eat more carrots and your vision may improve.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hence my preface with....still a little grey.

I get what you are saying and my view is it's not entirely about SP nor implied BRN is not compliant.

As you pointed out the SP moved on Merc info and everyone damned the Co for official Ann...go figure

It's about informing the mkt through official channels where the option exists.

So if they sought guidance why not put the examples of media releases re ARM, Merc, Nviso, SiFive to the ASX and get a ruling if a non sensitive Ann would be acceptable also in those cases?

They would have their ruling, be compliant and not have to take the path of least resistance via media.
But that is the dilemma they face the ASX will not give guidance that is what they were trying to obtain.

It practices the self regulation model which means they maximise profit by giving general guidance as to how to come into the room and wait inside the room with a cane ready to hit you if they decide you should not have come in.

This approach suits private enterprise if they were a government department they would have staff to provide guidance to the public.

It is a rock and hard place. A suck it and see environment. No rule of law just guessing what the ASX might say.

The only safe sensible course is to issue rock solid ASX price sensitive announcements and these are ones with quantified income attached.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Question for somebody to answer that is bugging me:

If our sales model is now focusing on IP rather than the chip itself, how do we realise the massive power savings when the IP is at the mercy of the host chip design power level?
Hi JK,

Akida's forte is identifying (classifying) input signals from sensors. In simple applications this may be sufficient to trigger a direct response or action.

However, in some cases the Akida output is used as an input to another CPU/GPU (von Neumann processor) to form part of that computer's program variables.

In the first case, the entire process gets the full power saving/speed improvement from Akida.

In the second case, the benefit is the reduction in power/time which Akida brings to the classification task while the CPU performs the remaining processes under the control of its software program. This is important because the classification task carried out on a software controlled CPU uses very large amounts of power and takes a relatively long time.

Classification of an image on a CPU uses CNN (convolutional neural network) processes which involve multiplying multi-bit (8, 16, 32, 63) bytes representing each pixel on the sensor. Multiplication involves the number of computer operations determined by the square of the number of bits in the byte, so an 8-bit byte multiplication would involve, 64 computer operations. For 32-bit bytes, 1024 operations are required to process the output from a single pixel, whether it's value has changed or not.

On the other hand, Akida ignores pixels whose output value does not change, and only performs a computer operation for the pixels whose output changes (an event). This is "sparsity". In addition, in 1-bit mode there is only a singe computer operation for each pixel event.

For example, the sparsity may reduce the number of events by, say, 40%.

Even in 4-bit mode, Akida only needs 16 computer operations, and that only for pixels whose output has changed.

Hence there are large savings in power and time in using Akida to do the classification task compared to using, eg, a 32-bit ARM Cortex microprocessor.

While the rest of the program may be carried out on the microprocessor, this uses comparatively little power compared to the power the microprocessor would have used performing the CNN task. So there are still large power savings to be made by using Akida in "accelerator" mode as an input device for a von Neumann processor.

The other point is that Akida performs its classification independent of any processor with which it is associated. For example, Akida 1000 includes an ARM Cortex processor, but this is only used for configuration of the arrangement of the NPU nodes to optimize performance for the particular task, but the ARM Cortex plays no part in actual classification task. The ARM Cortex does not form part of the Akida IP. Akida is "processor-agnostic" and can operate with any CPU.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users
That’s not what he said. Watch the AGM video from 48 mins onwards. Sean explains that refining current tech can only provide incremental gains and “is not revolutionary like us” i.e. new tech with undeniable advantages.
Ok will do thanks @Pappagallo 😊

Reactions: 2 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Shit! Just seen the SP at the end of day.

Should have waited just a little longer than the price at midday when I topped up.

Sigh…..a decent crystal ball would be magnific.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
But that is the dilemma they face the ASX will not give guidance that is what they were trying to obtain.

It practices the self regulation model which means they maximise profit by giving general guidance as to how to come into the room and wait inside the room with a cane ready to hit you if they decide you should not have come in.

This approach suits private enterprise if they were a government department they would have staff to provide guidance to the public.

It is a rock and hard place. A suck it and see environment. No rule of law just guessing what the ASX might say.

The only safe sensible course is to issue rock solid ASX price sensitive announcements and these are ones with quantified income attached.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Sorry, I read what you said was the guidance meeting was around being compliant by doing the media releases so as to not run foul of the ASX by not doing formal Ann's?

If that was the case then that is my point about asking for guidance using the media releases as examples if Ann's would also be compliant and not ramping.

By only asking if media releases are ok and get a...yep you're compliant at the moment, they keep to the path of least resistance imo.

If they did indeed ask if Ann's would also be compliant and got a no or try one and we'll see from the ASX then diff story.

Personally find it disappointing as SH and expect any Co to keep the mkt informed officially but Is what it is and won't make or break the Co.

MDhere

Regular
I agree Yak52. My concern is that this is something more insidious than just the usual shorting shenanigans. My theory is that this could be part of a takeover strategy. PVDM can block a takeover, so remove him from the board, see if he gets the sh*ts from that and sells his shares, making it easier to mount a takeover bid. At the same time short the stock to get stock cheap and unsettle retail, making them think following the AGM that things are not going according to plan in the company. As the stock is reversing and doubts are rising, make your bid. I mean really, what other explanation is there (although I'm all ears). To my mind there was nothing said at the AGM that should have caused this kind of SP reaction. I open the floor to others . . .
i have perhaps just one comment to the words here, ... no doubts are rising a couple days of manipulation and perhaps someone wants to offer a takeover but certainly there are no doubts rising.
just my anonymous opinionf

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Hi JK,

Akida's forte is identifying (classifying) input signals from sensors. In simple applications this may be sufficient to trigger a direct response or action.

However, in some cases the Akida output is used as an input to another CPU/GPU (von Neumann processor) to form part of that computer's program variables.

In the first case, the entire process gets the full power saving/speed improvement from Akida.

In the second case, the benefit is the reduction in power/time which Akida brings to the classification task while the CPU performs the remaining processes under the control of its software program. This is important because the classification task carried out on a software controlled CPU uses very large amounts of power and takes a relatively long time.

Classification of an image on a CPU uses CNN (convolutional neural network) processes which involve multiplying multi-bit (8, 16, 32, 63) bytes representing each pixel on the sensor. Multiplication involves the number of computer operations determined by the square of the number of bits in the byte, so an 8-bit byte multiplication would involve, 64 computer operations. For 32-bit bytes, 1024 operations are required to process the output from a single pixel, whether it's value has changed or not.

On the other hand, Akida ignores pixels whose output value does not change, and only performs a computer operation for the pixels whose output changes (an event). This is "sparsity". In addition, in 1-bit mode there is only a singe computer operation for each pixel event.

For example, the sparsity may reduce the number of events by, say, 40%.

Even in 4-bit mode, Akida only needs 16 computer operations, and that only for pixels whose output has changed.

Hence there are large savings in power and time in using Akida to do the classification task compared to using, eg, a 32-bit ARM Cortex microprocessor.

While the rest of the program may be carried out on the microprocessor, this uses comparatively little power compared to the power the microprocessor would have used performing the CNN task. So there are still large power savings to be made by using Akida in "accelerator" mode as an input device for a von Neumann processor.

The other point is that Akida performs its classification independent of any processor with which it is associated. For example, Akida 1000 includes an ARM Cortex processor, but this is only used for configuration of the arrangement of the NPU nodes to optimize performance for the particular task, but the ARM Cortex plays no part in actual classification task. The ARM Cortex does not form part of the Akida IP. Akida is "processor-agnostic" and can operate with any CPU.

Great post, thanks @Diogenese

• Fire
Can someone who attended/listened in on the AGM please give the context of Sean’s statement that our technology is not revolutionary but incremental. I am quite confused about this as I thought it is revolutionary and with no competitors atm ??
Sean Hehir described the improvements being made by the so called competitors using CNN as being incremental and even if they achieved 10% incremental improvements they were so far behind as to not touch the current lead.

He also said that those that were trying to follow the neuromorphic path were (my words) sallow by comparison single purpose and at least the two to three years behind.

He referenced the patent wall being reinforced and threw to Peter van der Made who referred to the 50 world wide patents being finalised for filing.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Top Bottom