BRN Discussion Ongoing

"Refining, expanding, and accelerating our roadmap and see opportunities beyond the edge."

What's beyond the edge?
Turtles :)

Does anyone know if the AGM will be on YouTube or hosted somewhere that I can watch tonight? I'm flat out with work so can't tune in live.

Reactions: 1 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Why are the jitters I'm having atm, not going away. I really don't understand this marketplace me thinks !!

Not where BRN trading is concerned anyway.

Fingers crossed is all I'll say, excepting, that, by the end of the day, hopefully someone, some able bodied expert, who has attended the AGM, will, assuredly remove these said " jitters " to my satisfaction, and give me some relief from my miserableness, post haste, if not sooner IMHO.

Akida Ballista still.........

I need a cuddle, anyone.....

hotty...
Apparently “share prices will do what share prices do.” To quote Antonio Viana (BrainChip Chair)

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Reactions: 3 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Dont know why people disappointed, they cant disclose anything in the AGM without announcing to the market, so this was never going to happen

1000 eyes will push on, and the co will do whatever they need to do from an ASX reporting perspective

Protect the IP, protect the customer - thats what the NDAS are for

Keep going team - thats both team BRN and team 1000 eyes.

Just wondering if some disgruntled downrampers from hotcrapper are starting to sneak into here.....

I did like some of the challenging questions posed in the AGM, about he PVD vote and the remuneration packages - still need to keep them on their toes especially when revenue is so low

Also, he reiterated comment about 40% increase in workforce in the works

onward and upward - im hoping for $3 by xmas, $6 next xmas at a minimum - but until understanding of revenue its a pure thumb suck!

• Love
Reactions: 41 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
I was enthralled to be able to listen to the AGM but felt it didn’t crack up to meet my expectations. It definitely wasn’t what caused me to lose sleep over night in anticipation of it. I didn’t hear all that much new from the AGM And was hoping they would use this as a platform to shock the world.

The explanation of ecosystem was brilliant, as was Sean’s answer regarding partners. In fact, both presenters were easiest to listen to when talking off-the-cuff, as in answering questions.

I was a little disappointed by Sean reading from notes that probably could be construed as notes for a basic course on what a technology company should do to grow. I was hoping to hear ONLY, or at least mostly, BrainChip specifics. Most of his prepared statement could apply to any technology company and probably will be re-hashed year after year.
You may be right, but if it so common knowledge why did they have to make some much change, realignment, put in place proper process when they joined?

For me that was a bit of a wake up call. We were drifting previously.
I believe now listening to the presentations of both CEO and Chairman, and the professionalism presented, that we are better placed than ever to succeed.

We were never going to hear a major announcement or anything earth shattering at this AGM. If we did, I would be concerned.

I also thought there was an interesting comment from the Chairman about early stage companies being taken over. It seemed clear to me that this is not a desired outcome for this board.

For me a very positive AGM, now I await the promised delivery over the next 12 months and beyond.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

LuWil

Regular
‘IP upgrade by this time next year’
Were they referring to a new version of Akida?

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Iseki

Regular
TBF we're already up 30% for the month, and it's refreshing to be taken into the BoD's thought processes, outlining their take on an hugely complicated process of educating the clients, showing them how best they can use akida ip. 5 stars.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Tony Coles

Regular
"Refining, expanding, and accelerating our roadmap and see opportunities beyond the edge."

What's beyond the edge?
Whats beyond the edge… CLIFF lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

I really want to know what Sean meant by "opportunities beyond the edge". Do you think he was talking about it being a real thing such as:
  • in space
  • in the cloud
  • in the Metaverse
Or was he being metaphorical. For example, there is nothing at the edge of the the universe, where space spreads out infinitely in all directions. In other words it is limitless.

MY HEAD HURTS! 🥴

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
You may be right, but if it so common knowledge why did they have to make some much change, realignment, put in place proper process when they joined?

For me that was a bit of a wake up call. We were drifting previously.
I believe now listening to the presentations of both CEO and Chairman, and the professionalism presented, that we are better placed than ever to succeed.

We were never going to hear a major announcement or anything earth shattering at this AGM. If we did, I would be concerned.

I also thought there was an interesting comment from the Chairman about early stage companies being taken over. It seemed clear to me that this is not a desired outcome for this board.

For me a very positive AGM, now I await the promised delivery over the next 12 months and beyond.
To address your “why did they have to make some much change, realignment …” that’s quite simple and natural when the visionaries that found a company, that has grown too large for them to manage, rightfully hand-over to growers to take the company to it’s next natural level.

IMHO, the handover was necessary and now Peter and Anil can concentrate on what they do best—being visionaries. And that WAS a point that was addresses well in the meeting. Once again, as an unrehearsed answer to a question.

I have no qualms regarding the CEO or Chair and believe they are the right people for the current phase of the company. I just would have much preferred less reading and more speaking to facts they have intimate knowledge of. Or maybe a little more rehearsing of the reading may have been sufficient.

Reading a prepared statement, regardless of how brilliant its content, comes across dry. I was not expecting dry.

I wasn’t expecting a Balmer-isque performance either, but some enthusiasm and personalisation would have gone a long way. The AGM where Balmer introduced the iPod, by pulling a working model out of his pocket—now that was a thing of beauty!

I wasn’t expecting a major announcement either. But they could very easily have expanded upon announcements that have already been made, which in their words, only address the bare minimum as required by regulation. I feel us loyal supporters deserve more than the bare minimum.

I’d love an AGM that went out of its way to stir the enthusiasm of the loyal supporters who invest, attend, and vote. Just throw us one bone!!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

C0bstar

Regardless of share price I am feeling quite optimistic with recent media releases and announcements. The future is bright so hold on tight chippers :)

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

hmmm... how do i pretend to work while listening to the AGM....?
will get suspicious sitting on the toilet that long... hahaha

Did you get busted for being in the dunny too long Xhosa?

CaringPoisedCub-max-1mb.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

GazDix

Regular
‘IP upgrade by this time next year’
Were they referring to a new version of Akida?
Yes, I believe Sean was. Also Sean made it clear it will not be called 'Akida 2000' or version 2 or anything like that which I found interesting.

Overall this was a different class of AGM than last year. Sean and Antonia spoke with authority and very confidentially. I am very excited.
Also I am proud on a personal level that my vote (which I think is quite substantial) helped PVDM keep the dogs at bay.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

somme

I thought the AGM went very well.
Loving the professionalism of the speakers.
The meeting ran well.

Couldn’t be happier investing my money in BRAINCHIP with the direction they are headed. Future looks great!

Very dissapointed and ashamed of the vote in relation to PVDM. I can only think it was voters not understanding the question as I note a resolution near the end also had similar no.s against and that question could have been misunderstood as well (Q12 I think).

As the Founder and Brains of the revolutionary technology he is fundemental to the companies future succes with further iterations of Akida IP.

Outrageous and I can’t understand the thinking of it hence I put it down to an misunderstanding. I hope that in future if people don’t understand a resolution they abstain from voting.

Otherwise the future looks fantastic!

View attachment 7565
Regarding Resolution 2 above, this could be BRN's Teal moment.
Peter has done his job, time to move on and leave it to others to continue his good work.
There has to be something happening in the background and I wouldn't be surprised if he resigns as a Director.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

ndefries

Regular
Regarding Resolution 2 above, this could be BRN's Teal moment.
Peter has done his job, time to move on and leave it to others to continue his good work.
There has to be something happening in the background and I wouldn't be surprised if he resigns as a Director.
wow - not reading the room with that comment! Queue the tumble weed entry.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

mkm109

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Fact Finder has been very quiet . Must have his thinking cap on . I look forward to his analysis. A lot has been said today . Nothing negative with substance . Plenty positive with eye watering potential.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

H2 goes up

Emerged
I really want to know what Sean meant by "opportunities beyond the edge". Do you think he was talking about it being a real thing such as:
  • in space
  • in the cloud
  • in the Metaverse
Or was he being metaphorical. For example, there is nothing at the edge of the the universe, where space spreads out infinitely in all directions. In other words it is limitless.

MY HEAD HURTS! 🥴
Hi Brav

I'm thinking that their current focus is 'the edge'. Therefore 'beyond the edge' could just refer to opportunities beyond their current focus.

Because Akida is excellently suited to the edge, its demand will be at the edge and so will the bigger profits. One day, it can start to go into data centres, not because it will necessarily do a better job, but because it will significantly lower the power bill. I am sure there are buckets of other places it will eventually be found after it cuts its teeth at the edge.

Cheers,
H2

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom