BRN Discussion Ongoing

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Hi Yak52.
Just out of curiosity and without holding you to it, what would you estimate the annual dividend amount per share of BRN would be when it reaches that $5 mark? And would you consider that when we are sustaining $5 per share it would be a possible time that dividends would be considered?
I've always played in the specky end of the pool and so don't have much of a feel for dividend payments, though am very much looking forward to them with our BRN. :LOL:
Evening HopalongPetrovski,

I will give it a crack.

Nigh on impossible, but my very simple math below may give a very loose calculation on dividend potential.

$5.00 share price.
X 1,800,000,000 ( Roughly total shares on issue & restricted.)
= $9,000,000,000.00 market cap.
* now assuming this 9 billion dollar market cap is actually arrived at by income / royalty s .

$9,000,000,000.00 market cap.
÷ PE 20 ( price to earnings ( conservative in the tech space)).
=$450,000,000.00 in actual revinues ( Royalties $ IP Licensees etc.)

So

Of this $450,000,000.00 revenue/ income
- say $85,000,000.00 for the companys running costs, R&D, S&M etc.
Leaves $ 365,000,000.00

Now it can go several ways from here....

This is my favourite way....

$365,000,000.00 gross dividend
Minus roughly $100,000,000.00 in past company losses carried foward from past years.
= $265,000,000.00÷100=$2,650,000 (= 1%)×30. ( company tax rate)=$79,500,000.00 TAX PAID BY COMPANY.
Leaves$185,500,000.00÷1,800,000,000 shares = $0.102778 Fully Franked Dividend(tax paid)
&
$0.0441667 as a franking credit.
Plus
$0.05556 cents tax free ( past company losses are returned to holders tax free .)

So roughly $ 0.2027775
Total dividend per security.

THIS IS ALL HYPERTHETICAL , AND DEFINITELY NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE.

Hope this was of some help HopalongPetrovski.

Regards,
Esq.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 50 users

MDhere

Regular
has anyone noticed or am i going blind.. the zf pic is missing from brainchip website? can someone lead me back to the building please?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
What is this magical gravy train logic that you speak of? Is this based in reality?
50% discount on CGT maybe after 12 months

Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
why is it that i test the bloody market and put up 20,000 units of shares at 1.19 and do someone a bloody favour when i go out to a long lunch!!!

WHOEVER TOOK IT, LOOK AFTER THE BLOODY THING.. I ONLY DID IT TO SHOW A FRIEND WHAT IT ITS REALLY WORTH. they were saying to me really it opened at 1.13 its not going to get to 1.2. i said ok lets go to lunch and i will put it up at 1.19 and if it sells you can pay for lunch! needless to say they paid for lunch cause i LOST my small parcel in the convo.

View attachment 7160
Well, at least you can buy them back on Monday, and worry about the CGT in October.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Evening HopalongPetrovski,

I will give it a crack.

Nigh on impossible, but my very simple math below may give a very loose calculation on dividend potential.

$5.00 share price.
X 1,800,000,000 ( Roughly total shares on issue & restricted.)
= $9,000,000,000.00 market cap.
* now assuming this 9 billion dollar market cap is actually arrived at by income / royalty s .

$9,000,000,000.00 market cap.
÷ PE 20 ( price to earnings ( conservative in the tech space)).
=$450,000,000.00 in actual revinues ( Royalties $ IP Licensees etc.)

So

Of this $450,000,000.00 revenue/ income
- say $85,000,000.00 for the companys running costs, R&D, S&M etc.
Leaves $ 365,000,000.00

Now it can go several ways from here....

This is my favourite way....

$365,000,000.00 gross dividend
Minus roughly $100,000,000.00 in past company losses carried foward from past years.
= $265,000,000.00÷100=$2,650,000 (= 1%)×30. ( company tax rate)=$79,500,000.00 TAX PAID BY COMPANY.
Leaves$185,500,000.00÷1,800,000,000 shares = $0.102778 Fully Franked Dividend(tax paid)
&
$0.0441667 as a franking credit.
Plus
$0.05556 cents tax free ( past company losses are returned to holders tax free .)

So roughly $ 0.2027775
Total dividend per security.

THIS IS ALL HYPERTHETICAL , AND DEFINITELY NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE.

Hope this was of some help HopalongPetrovski.

Regards,
Esq.
Thanks ESQ. Obviously would be very happy with that result. :cool:
Understand that it is just a hypothetical at this stage and only rough back of the envelope calculations can be played with, but nice to get some ball park musings from you all. None of us know the future and can only conjecture possibility's but a good thought experiment for now.
Thanks all for your input. :D
AKIDA BALLISTA
AKIDA EVERYWHERE
GLTAH.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
50% discount on CGT maybe after 12 months
Evening Tas Troy77,

You are correct, this 50% CGT discount only applies if the individual is classed as a INVESTOR, as most here would be, by the ATO.

For those classed as a TRADER this rule dose not apply, unfortunately.

Regards,
Esq.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
I have OCD and ADD.
So everything has to be perfect but not for very long.
I nearly bought a T-shirt the other day that said "I suffer from CDO. It is like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order ....... like they should be! :)

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!

• Haha
Reactions: 24 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Hi Yak52.
Just out of curiosity and without holding you to it, what would you estimate the annual dividend amount per share of BRN would be when it reaches that $5 mark? And would you consider that when we are sustaining $5 per share it would be a possible time that dividends would be considered?
I've always played in the specky end of the pool and so don't have much of a feel for dividend payments, though am very much looking forward to them with our BRN. :LOL:
My off the cuff is 2% but please dont hold me to it, if it even happens. But I can dream.

Pantene Peeps :unsure:

• Love
S

Straw

I nearly bought a T-shirt the other day that said "I suffer from CDO. It is like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order ....... like they should be! :)

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!
Random tangent:
CDO (collateralized debt obligation) are now known as 'bespoke tranche opportunity' for those who have seen The Big Short.
Following on with the financial WANCAs habits of pretending everything is complicated and normal people couldn't possibly understand anything.
DUH

• Love
  • Haha

Yak52

Regular
Hi Yak52.

hi Hopalong.

Tricky question with a real hard to define answer so I just estimate only.

$5 for me means we have a $9 Bil MC. The Management have said 2025 (?) before breakeven but I believe strongly this is very much overrated! Far to conservative. Try end 2023.

We are doing what about $15 Mil(?) aprox year cost (not looking it up ok) which includes R & D as well as usual running costs , wages etc.
Ok so even if we just get $550 Mil in Revenue by the time we are at $5 SP, then spend $50 Mil on Costs (IP is 98% Profit) leaving roughly $500 mil that still gives us $0.25c Dividend.
When we reach $1 Bil in Revenue that should be my target of $0.50c Div reached and I will be very happy.
Come up with a figure, as all would now be just guesses anyway.

The Projected numbers which Management must have would be constantly being updated and changing as everything is moving ahead much quicker than anticipated by all. The new EU Law is an example of how that helps push our product into service very quick.

All figures are extremely rubbery and just wild guessing at best, but one thing is for sure and that is IP Revenue is going to be enormous very quickly and much sooner than we thought it would be!

The company can only "spend" so much on running itself, and then a major portion of leftover profits will have to be distributed via a Dividend.
Some money will be kept in the "kitty" as a reserve, maybe towards future acquisitions?

And ALL Management now have large holdings of Shares, so they will want Dividends as much as we do!

Yak52

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 62 users

cosors

👀
One part of the EU-funded project with the consortium of Nviso, ARM and ZF seems to have somehow morphed into this:

1653041943909.png
https://bonsapps.eu/

"AI-as-a-Service for the Deep Edge​

BonsAPPs helps SMEs digitalise by allowing them to access, implement and make use of Artificial Intelligence in an easy and affordable way."

"BonsAPPs vision​

BonsAPPs does this by offering a series of modular services—such as experimentation, model compression, optimisation, benchmarking, and deployment on hardware and security—that will increase AI usage among enterprises and SMEs which currently lack internal innovation capabilities."

By the way, we may need to expand the terminology to include Deep Edge. Both, Bonseyes and Nviso use it.
bonsapps.png

https://bonsapps.eu/how-it-works/
here mentioned by Nviso: https://www.nviso.ai/en/news/bonsapps-awarded-5m-eur-grant-to-provide-an-ai-as-a-service-layer-for-the-deep-edge

Under BonsApp, the consortium has changed: https://bonsapps.eu/consortium/

Projects are awarded:

Meet the 10 winner AI Talents

1653046368890.png

And Nviso is listed under SME among the consortium members at https://www.bonseyes.eu/ (maybe someone can tell me what SME stands for). The next round of awards for projects is coming up soon

"BonsAPPs will launch a second Open Call from August – October 2022 aimed at Low Tech SMEs who will define new high-value AI challenges and then deploy them as a reusable AI solution (?), to put Europe at the head of the pack in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence-enabled solutions. Longer term this validated process for AI challenges will be accessible as an ongoing commercial service on the Bonseyes Marketplace" https://bonsapps.eu/2022/04/25/meet-the-10-winner-ai-talents/

or that:

"Industries​

BonsAPPs provides an AI-as-a-Service Platform to unlock the economic potential of the Deep Edge for AI talents, SMEs and non-tech users across key European industry domains." https://bonsapps.eu/industries/

I admit that I don't really understand all this, the role of Bonseyes. Is it a technology platform for ideas that are also funded by the EU? A kind of think tank for Nviso, ZF, ARM and many others? Is it a technology bound platform? Is it part of the work of Bonyeyes? Is it "only" a program or platform for cooperation of the participants and it is led by Bonseyes with their platform? And maybe it has nothing to do with Nvisio+Bonseys+ZF and BonsApp runs in parallel?

I don't understand enough about it and I have more questions than answers. That's not really my world.
Maybe the 1000 eyes can help me and take a look?!

One thing seems to be clear for me. Through the consortium, Nviso and ARM and ZF work together and therefore they most likely also know about Akida, if it does not integrate long ago. Maybe Bonseyes is the service portal and in addition the technologies platform, Nvisio integrates detection with our Akida and for example ZF benefits because they can buy ready and proven systems and put them in their packages. I don't have an overview :cautious:

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Yak52

Regular
It's the way I read it JK. I think the SP will be north of $20 before we see a dividend and that won't happen until 2026/27 at the earliest unless Apple or Samsung begin using our IP in their phones in 2024/25.. What I like about BRN is their overheads are quite small unless they have a wage explosion once they go into profit.
It's the way I read it JK. I think the SP will be north of $20 before we see a dividend and that won't happen until 2026/27 at the earliest - Proga
--------------------------------------------------------------------

GEEZE.........$20 SP equals a $36 BILLION MC and no Dividend being paid before that? Seriously hope thats not reality by any stretch of imagination!

Our cost are quite small and while getting bigger quickly would not be capable of outstripping the Revenue being generated so a Dividend could be paid before we have a $20 SP. Something wrong if not so.
At $20 we should well be doing a $2 Billion Revenue (my guestimate) and therefore costs would still be just a fraction.
There is a reason why they chose the ARM business Model of IP Licensing.
98% Profit.

As for comparing Brainchip divs to CSL divs thats just wrong period! Totally different business and company. PLUS BRN is an absolute game changer in its business model and probably will be studied and used as a case model in teaching at Universities.
Also I doubt we could hit $20 SP without solid multi Billion dollar Revenue. Hope to be proven wrong and it does it under $1 Bil revenue.

My opinions only, form your own please! These ones are copyrighted and wrong any way according to the wife!

Yak52

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Yak52

Regular
Hi @ Yak52
The IP licence business model and the high margin low capital costs of this should in my opinion pave the way to dividends hopefully in the coming years.
Brainchip doesn't have to raise capital to build a $ 1 billion mining operation and continue to tap share holders on the shoulder for more dollars and capital raises.
Nor do we have to pay hundreds of millions in sales and marketing as we are dealing directly with the big companies not at a retail standpoint. Look at PBH balance sheet to see how that can affect the bottom line.

So for me I am happy to hold at least 90 % of my shares in the hope of receiving dividends at some stage down the line.

A guy my uncle plays golf with bought FMG early 2000's and never sold even when Twiggy had to fly to NY at the 11th hour to save the business ,he held his Fortescue Metal shares. He received $222,000 in dividends last year ! " Best 17,000 investment I've ever made he said to me at my uncles birthday BBQ. My uncle sold his FMG in 2006 and still cops a flogging on the 9th hole from you know who.
Goes to show how having patience in the right business pays dividends.
Yep too right Tas. I have a mate who gets over $250k divs from BHP.
Time will tell and it will hopefully be a nice experience getting Dividends sooner than we anticipated.

Yak52.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
S

Straw

Yep too right Tas. I have a mate who gets over $250k divs from BHP.
Time will tell and it will hopefully be a nice experience getting Dividends sooner than we anticipated.

Yak52.
Is he buying BRN shares with it? 😳😲😵‍💫😁

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
One part of the EU-funded project with the consortium of Nviso, ARM and ZF seems to have somehow morphed into this:

View attachment 7178 https://bonsapps.eu/

BonsAPPs helps SMEs digitalise by allowing them to access, implement and make use of Artificial Intelligence in an easy and affordable way."

"BonsAPPs vision​

BonsAPPs does this by offering a series of modular services—such as experimentation, model compression, optimisation, benchmarking, and deployment on hardware and security—that will increase AI usage among enterprises and SMEs which currently lack internal innovation capabilities."

By the way, we may need to expand the terminology to include Deep Edge. Both, Bonseyes and Nviso use it.
View attachment 7179
here mentioned by Nviso: https://www.nviso.ai/en/news/bonsapps-awarded-5m-eur-grant-to-provide-an-ai-as-a-service-layer-for-the-deep-edge

Projects are awarded:

View attachment 7188

And Nviso is listed under SME among the consortium members at https://www.bonseyes.eu/ (maybe someone can tell me what SME stands for). The next round of awards for projects is coming up soon

"BonsAPPs will launch a second Open Call from August – October 2022 aimed at Low Tech SMEs who will define new high-value AI challenges and then deploy them as a reusable AI solution (?), to put Europe at the head of the pack in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence-enabled solutions. Longer term this validated process for AI challenges will be accessible as an ongoing commercial service on the Bonseyes Marketplace" https://bonsapps.eu/2022/04/25/meet-the-10-winner-ai-talents/

or that:

"Industries​

BonsAPPs provides an AI-as-a-Service Platform to unlock the economic potential of the Deep Edge for AI talents, SMEs and non-tech users across key European industry domains." https://bonsapps.eu/industries/

I admit that I don't really understand all this, the role of Bonseyes. Is it a technology platform for ideas that are also funded by the EU? A kind of think tank for Nviso, ZF, ARM and many others? Is it a technology bound platform? Is it part of the work of Bonyeyes? Is it "only" a program or platform for cooperation of the participants and it is led by Bonseyes with their platform? And maybe it has nothing to do with Nvisio+Bonseys+ZF and BonsApp runs in parallel?

I don't understand enough about it and I have more questions than answers. That's not really my world.

One thing seems to be clear for me. Through the consortium, Nviso and ARM and ZF work together and therefore they most likely also know about Akida, if it does not integrate long ago. Maybe Bonseyes is the service portal and in addition the technologies platform, Nvisio integrates detection with our Akida and for example ZF benefits because they can buy ready and proven systems and put them in their packages. I don't have an overview :cautious:
SME is a Small to Medium Enterprise

• Fire
  • Love

View attachment 7178 https://bonsapps.eu/

"BonsAPPs vision​

View attachment 7179

Projects are awarded:

View attachment 7188

or that:

"Industries​

Hi Cosors,

SME = small to medium enterprise.

😀

• Fire
  • Love

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
hi Hopalong.

Tricky question with a real hard to define answer so I just estimate only.

$5 for me means we have a $9 Bil MC. The Management have said 2025 (?) before breakeven but I believe strongly this is very much overrated! Far to conservative. Try end 2023.

We are doing what about $15 Mil(?) aprox year cost (not looking it up ok) which includes R & D as well as usual running costs , wages etc.
Ok so even if we just get $550 Mil in Revenue by the time we are at $5 SP, then spend $50 Mil on Costs (IP is 98% Profit) leaving roughly $500 mil that still gives us $0.25c Dividend.
When we reach $1 Bil in Revenue that should be my target of $0.50c Div reached and I will be very happy.
Come up with a figure, as all would now be just guesses anyway.

The Projected numbers which Management must have would be constantly being updated and changing as everything is moving ahead much quicker than anticipated by all. The new EU Law is an example of how that helps push our product into service very quick.

All figures are extremely rubbery and just wild guessing at best, but one thing is for sure and that is IP Revenue is going to be enormous very quickly and much sooner than we thought it would be!

The company can only "spend" so much on running itself, and then a major portion of leftover profits will have to be distributed via a Dividend.
Some money will be kept in the "kitty" as a reserve, maybe towards future acquisitions?

And ALL Management now have large holdings of Shares, so they will want Dividends as much as we do!

Yak52
Thanks Yak.
I certainly hope your right and "things" move along quickly. :D
But I am conservative by nature and like to leave large reserves for the unexpected and unanticipated.
As an example my projections for this calendar year have us at just $1.50 per share, even though I fully expect and hope for more like $2.50-3 dependant on what gets announced. I know those announcements (or maybe just the revenue) is coming, but have already been waiting in expectation for what seems a long time. :)
I guess I would just prefer to be pleasantly surprised to the upside rather than disappointed.
I believe we will go much higher than that $5 and have the potential to become a monster, but have been over enthusiastic in the past and burnt a bit by what turned out to be unrealistic, hoped for, timeframes.
I guess for me, hitting $5 will be somewhat symbolic and then $10 is when I'll really relax.
Anything beyond that, and divie's, will be pure gravy.
Bring it, Brainchip.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

JK200SX

Regular
BELOW IS AN EXTRACT FROM THE ZF MEDIA RELEASE.

View attachment 7111

WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS STATEMENT THAT IS CONFIRMATION (on top of all the other evidence of course!)

"has the ability to learn and act like a human" (see below)

View attachment 7112

And here from last nights revelations! ZF media showing the EXACT SAME actor and scene from our Brainchip Media Release.
LOOK FAMILAR ???

View attachment 7113

AND NOW.......ZF and TOYOTA have signed a deal to include ZF Autonomous & Safety features into Toyota's.

GLOBAL DOMINATION by Brainchip & AKIDA is in effect.

Yak52

Unfortunately the pretty lady in the video walking through the airport is not just ours, or ZF's. Looks like stock footage used by various companies and has been around for a while.

1653056606103.png

1653056648529.png

1653056696301.png

1653057210238.png

1653057285433.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

dippY22

Regular
Cyw............why do you think they won't disclose much at the AGM? Curious comment to say the least.

This is the forum (AGM) where they(management) have the opportunity and requirement to disclose relevant info about the company to its shareholders.

This is the Companies chance to stand up and proclaim to the world how superior and necessary Brainchip AKIDA is to the world and where it is making inroads!
THEY will be saying plenty...........

And they will have to answer questions from investors which will be very interesting to say the least.

ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS GUYS! Dont waffle on with Shite.
This is the time to find out answers.

Yak52

Totally agree Yak. Below is my post that I dragged over from the AGM Attendance thread that I posted earlier in reply to Mr. Funk Machine. It probably is more appropriately posted here in the "Discussion" thread.

Hi, I realise this is an attendance thead, but for the sake of not opening another AGM thread, may I suggest we post some good questions to be asked at the AGM here so that we are ready with some very good questions at the AGM:)

We are all part owners of the company, so lets show some ownership and dig a little deeper! :)

Unfortunately I’m unavailable to attend this year.

I will start by suggesting :

1.Can you tell us more about your recent partnership with Arm. To what extent is this partnership?

2. In a recent interview it was said by( not sure who) that we are expecting explosive growth in 2022, can you elaborate more on this, will it show up in Quarterly reports etc.

3. Can you disclose anything regards to your NDAs or Early access partners? How many companies are you talking with, how far along are they from potentially signing a contract etc.They have had engineering boards available since 2020 how is that moving along? (LDN from the audience : it’s moving along nicely lol)

Agree,....and suggest that questions should be well thought out, be prepared in advance, and NOT be such that a simple "yes" or "no" answer can be given,...in other words, not close ended questions, but rather open ended (if possible) requiring more than a one word answer. When Sean Hehir was asked in a recent interview, "will you have any revenue in 2022 ?" his reply was...."Yes", and is such an example. Some additional color would have been nice, Sean. But the interviewer served up a softball question.

Don't let these folks off the hook with softball feel-good questions. We all love the Brainchip team but they need to produce revenue and a lot of it.
To me, partnerships without revenue attached is troubling. "Discuss", "explain", "define", "compare", "identify",....these are good action words that don't allow for one word answers from management.

Here are a couple of questions I have for consideration, ....
1) When ADR shares were made available, it was done so that U.S. commercial or institutional money could be invested in Brainchip (BCHPY) shares. Can you explain why volumes in these ADR shares has been so low, and what steps are being taken to increase the volumes of U.S. (and international) commercial broker and institutional ownership in these Brainchip shares?

2) Please estmate the earliest year that you can foresee Brainchip listing on the Nasdaq market based on the Nasdaq's minimum listing requirements?

3) Where is your home office located currently and what would be some reasons for relocating the home office to somewhere else? If you did relocate it, where would it be and why,....(for example, proximity to more customers)?

4) Can you identitify any financial institutions that have research analysts who are following and / or interviewing Brainchip management? If there are none, can you explain why that is? And as part of your answer are any research firms covering the company being compensated by Brainchip?

5) You have had a number of "partner" announcements recently. Although partnering up with other companies sounds positive, please explain how and when that strategy will result in new revenue? Can you cite one example, say ARM, and how specifically do you see the relationship generating revenue to Brainchip and when.....what year?

6) Are your recent partner relationship announcements more of a marketing strategy, or are they seen as revenue producing relationships in the form of intellectual property contracts that just haven't been announced yet? Why would you partner with a company if it did not result in revenue for Brainchip?

I reside in the U.S. and will not be attending, unfortunately. Regards, dippY

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom