BRN Discussion Ongoing

CWP

Regular
Not 100% happy if we are involved with DJI as watched a clip on the war in Ukraine where the DJi drones were sending the coordinates of drones in real time back to DJI and DJI were then forwarding those to Russian military so they can target the operators. Chinese govt pressure? So "to do good" for BRN isn't the case if we are going to be involved with this company imo.
I also saw the program, In which a Ukrainian solider who was flying the drones on the battlefield stated that the Russians had been given access to the Dji flight path software. He gave an account, which I believe he had on camera, of being personally targeted whilst flying a mission.
I think I’d be more inclined to believe his account over a statement by a chinese company admitting to helping the Russian war effort, just my opinion though...

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Build-it

Regular
It is also a bit of a pity that they are dying out View attachment 6642

Love the old muscle cars however Ford will transition and in fact are, just as all forward thinking company's have to.

It would be difficult for the execs in the boardrooms of traditional car company's to leave ICE and go full EV, however they don't have alot of choice as the shift towards EV including government policies leaves them with not alot of options.

Agreement with Ford Motor Company for the Evaluation of AkidaTM Neural Processor
On 24 May 2020, the Company signed a joint agreement with Detroit-based Company for evaluation of the Akida neural network System-on-Chip for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems & Autonomous Vehicle applications.

It's amazing to think it is now nearly 2 years ago that the agreement was announced and our SP was 7-10 cents.

Edge Compute

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

MDhere

Regular
@Fact Finder as with yr movie watching, I've been sitting here at an undisclosed location at work for the past 5 hours (slow moving Sunday) hence had time to post and catch up at this undisclosed job site and all i can think of is whoever gets Akida first in this industry field - Akida Ballista to them!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Fox151

Regular
The untimely demise of Robot Ken 😭
.... I guess Jerome with a killer marketing campaign in the boardroom.
I'd rather not kill off Robot Ken. But I guess we can't do who killed Mike Davies... PVDM in the lab with an Akida 1000 would be too obvious.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Possible different application avenue? Or maybe just a side project for the R&D team? I like the objectives

🛤️ reducing the risk of collisions with large ungulates (deer, roe deer, wild boar) on road and rail transport infrastructure

🌾 the evaluation of biodiversity conservation systems in agricultural environments (hedge networks, etc.)

298D16F2-E5CD-40AA-827D-A44058CD933B.jpeg

838BFE31-BA07-4617-910D-0A5E67ED8DC0.jpeg

📷 AIoT for biodiversity 🦌

🆕 🎯 How to combine artificial intelligence (#IA) and the Internet of Things (#IoT) for the benefit of #biodiversité? This is the challenge we are tackling alongside two other companies and three French #recherche institutes, by starting an R&D project called Psi-Biom ("Platform #numérique of integrated services for the monitoring of biodiversity by connected objects and modeling").

This project benefits from state funding as part of the Investments for the Future.

🎙️ 🖥️ One of psi-Biom's objectives is to design a technological chain called #AIoT ("Artificial intelligence of things", a combination of artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things) for the monitoring of animal species. It aims to combine the use of #capteurs arranged in nature, capable of collecting photographic and sound data on the presence of #animaux, and the use of AI for the analysis of this data, including the automatic identification of #espèces.

📏 📊 The #technologies developed as part of the Psi-Biom project will enable all actors involved in biodiversity management to better size their actions and monitor their real effectiveness over time. This concerns in particular local authorities, ecological engineering design offices, infrastructure managers, spatial planning operators, or managers of natural areas.

During its implementation, the project will focus particularly on two types of applications:

🛤️ reducing the risk of collisions with large ungulates (deer, roe deer, wild boar) on road and rail transport infrastructure

🌾 the evaluation of biodiversity conservation systems in agricultural environments (hedge networks, etc.)

🤝 ⏩ Our partners in this project are specialized in the design of communicating sensors (BrainChip, SiConsult ), #écologie (Functional Ecology and Environment Laboratory - LEFE), communication systems and data collection (IRIT (Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse) ), and artificial intelligence (Computer Science and Systems Laboratory - LIS).

Attachments

• 1652573705740.png
    1652573705740.png
    871.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 76 users
Can someone tell me the AGM date

Possible different application avenue? Or maybe just a side project for the R&D team? I like the objectives

View attachment 6648

View attachment 6649

🆕 🎯 How to combine artificial intelligence (#IA) and the Internet of Things (#IoT) for the benefit of #biodiversité? This is the challenge we are tackling alongside two other companies and three French #recherche institutes, by starting an R&D project called Psi-Biom ("Platform #numérique of integrated services for the monitoring of biodiversity by connected objects and modeling").

This project benefits from state funding as part of the Investments for the Future.

🎙️ 🖥️ One of psi-Biom's objectives is to design a technological chain called #AIoT ("Artificial intelligence of things", a combination of artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things) for the monitoring of animal species. It aims to combine the use of #capteurs arranged in nature, capable of collecting photographic and sound data on the presence of #animaux, and the use of AI for the analysis of this data, including the automatic identification of #espèces.

📏 📊 The #technologies developed as part of the Psi-Biom project will enable all actors involved in biodiversity management to better size their actions and monitor their real effectiveness over time. This concerns in particular local authorities, ecological engineering design offices, infrastructure managers, spatial planning operators, or managers of natural areas.

During its implementation, the project will focus particularly on two types of applications:

🤝 ⏩ Our partners in this project are specialized in the design of communicating sensors (BrainChip, SiConsult ), #écologie (Functional Ecology and Environment Laboratory - LEFE), communication systems and data collection (IRIT (Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse) ), and artificial intelligence (Computer Science and Systems Laboratory - LIS).
SiConsult! A very good business connection. Think of how many business cases can come from these minds.

• Fire

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
What the heck? Upon reading this post, I sat with a stupid dumbfounded look on my face and thinking, can the guy be any more obtusely ambiguous?

Can we please unpack this sentence because as written it hurts my head. If Nvisio was monitoring my facial features while I read it, their sophisticated software would instruct my Alexa to dial 911 (emergency service) to call the rescue squad due to a possible stroke in progress.

Here is how my brain read this most excellent example of an ambiguous over-the-top teaser message from Fact Finder...one of his best I might add.

" I think (I love it when FF thinks) that they are celebrating (O.M.G.) what they have achieved recently (YIPPEE) as the reply I received was too far over the top for me to post here (WHAT? WHY????) as I find it quite embarrassing (oh no....) but suffice it to say (SUFFICE IT TO SAY??? Are you insane??? You are not saying anything succinctly.....!!!!) I have correctly addressed what Brainchip has done with Akida (when?...in the italicized post, or in your other 10,000 posts? Or ?) and why normal barriers ( "normal" ...say what?) to the adoption of the new technology (oh boy, here we go.....) do not apply to it. (NOOOOOOO, ....wait,... YESSSSSS,....... wait,.....what is he saying?) "

Alexa...." Please remain calm and try to take slow, deep breaths. The EMT's will be here in a couple of minutes......"

Regards, dippY
After seeing Monday mornings opening.......I hope

Below is Shorn Hair😁
Happy Shaun.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Yes Fact Finder you are correct in saying that the General Transfer Balance Cap is currently $1.7 million (lifetime limit).
However it is indexed annually with CPI and rounded down to the nearest $100,000.

Now for the really good news if you are an old bugger like me and can move to pension phase say in your SMSF (self-managed super fund).
Once you have rolled into pension phase (if you are under that cap) there is no tax payable from your fund (either income or capital gains). Also as long as you start the pension with less than $1.7 million each, the fund can grow to any amount (let's say $20 million as an example) and there is STILL NO TAX PAYABLE as long as you started your pension with an amount below the $1.7 million cap.

It's great to be a Brainchip shareholder ... in pension phase (or any other phase for that matter).
Hi Deena

I would love the second part of your statement to be correct but my accountant last week gave me different advice as a result of a very recent statement by the ATO.

If you have not spoken to your accountant lately can you check as the income on the balance above the cap is taxable at 15% according to mine.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Thinking
  • Sad
D

Deleted member 118

@Fact Finder as with yr movie watching, I've been sitting here at an undisclosed location at work for the past 5 hours (slow moving Sunday) hence had time to post and catch up at this undisclosed job site and all i can think of is whoever gets Akida first in this industry field - Akida Ballista to them!

• Haha

View attachment 6648

View attachment 6649

Anyone else remember that in the Rob Telson Brainchip podcast with Edge Impulse they discussed Edge Impulse being engaged in similar projects.

My memory was they mentioned a global tech company being involved but it is awhile ago and so much has happened since.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

So I recon Kuka and DJI are purchasing Akida 100 chips directly from BRN, so I guess there is no need for for any sort of announcement. I wonder how many other companies are buying the chip for personal use in these numbers.

Tony if your reading this, can you put some more photos up on the website for us 1000 eyes please

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
20220515_093238.jpg

Looks like we are leading the bathurst 12 hour guys!

No driver in our car, just 100 akidas in it....!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Deena

Regular
Hi Deena

I would love the second part of your statement to be correct but my accountant last week gave me different advice as a result of a very recent statement by the ATO.

If you have not spoken to your accountant lately can you check as the income on the balance above the cap is taxable at 15% according to mine.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Last I spoke with my accountant that was what they informed me, however I will do some more research.

• Love
Last I spoke with my accountant that was what they informed me, however I will do some more research.
Yes I held your view as did my accountant until this past week. I have been too busy with some other things to do my own deep dive as I will in the next few weeks. I would love my accountant to be wrong but even so 15% and 10% capital gains still makes it very attractive.

Look forward to hearing what you find.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Just re-reading a few things on the new website. I love these couple of paragraphs as they are certainly worth lingering over.
Nviso.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

MADX

Regular
While we are all (very rightly) paying homage to Fact Finder, here is some stuff by FactFinder from his days on hotcrapper.

"In investing there are many things to consider. One is how you can be manipulated. The ‘illusory truth’ effect is very powerful. It works best when it used to convert our normal suspicion and anxiety to its own ends.
Something as innocuous as saying this company is a dud over and over or this company is going back to 38 cents can rob anyone of their reliance upon actual provable facts to make decisions.
The great advantage that AKIDA technology will bring once it achieves the second stage of its planned move to artificial general intelligence and is capable of prediction is that it will unlike us have the ability to ignore “illusory truth” and prevent our manipulation.
Once this occurs there will be a loss of employment opportunities for some but it will be one area where nobody will have any sympathy:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_truth_effect "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, to save FF some time by answering the question "how do you handle the workload from posts on this forum?", on hot crapper he said

"I just read them. The ones with pictures are very annoying as you have to scroll the picture to see if there is something at the bottom of the page.
Again speed reading is a trained ability going back to prosecuting where it was not uncommon to have 200 plus charges in the list you were running each charge having a charge sheet to be checked, facts to be read, criminal antecedents to be considered and other miscellaneous documents. The working day started at 8 am and you needed to read these documents then speak to any police informant if there was a deficiency or you needed more information and be outside the court for 9.30am to speak to any lawyer appearing and get the assembled masses into some order so you could call in those who were unrepresented seeking adjournments after the lawyers had mentioned their matters before going on to the unrepresented pleas and bail applications.
I really understand what Peter van der Made talks about when he talks about key word spotting and pattern recognition. Volume systems work because of patterns. People laugh about standard things Police officers say and write. Well those standard things are patterns. Patterns made my ability to quickly read and pick up what was on a charge sheet - (we had an indictment book with a couple of hundred standard indictments I knew those off by heart as did most prosecutors but they were patterns). Fact sheets were in standard Police pattern speech. Antecedents were in a standard pattern. Even back then Adult Probation Service reports were in standard patterns. References that experienced lawyers would tender were in standard patterns because they knew what a busy court wanted to known about their client. Magistrates back then now judges in Local Courts had their own patterns. If you knew their patterns you could run the court more efficiently.
Familiar posters here on HC have patterns and key words. I have eliminated those who find being abusive or aggressive to other posters because they add nothing to my understanding of BRN.
As a lawyer at my peak I was handing 400 plus current matters. Most lawyers across my primary practice areas had 90 to 150 current matters. My clients never complained it was always about working out patterns and using key words and memory. I never wasted time which probably goes without saying.
There is no magic just a lifetime of practise. AKIDA style technology would have been very useful and could have doubled my output."

Fact Finder is truly an ornament to us all.
Robert Redford Hello GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users
While we are all (very rightly) paying homage to Fact Finder, here is some stuff by FactFinder from his days on hotcrapper.

"In investing there are many things to consider. One is how you can be manipulated. The ‘illusory truth’ effect is very powerful. It works best when it used to convert our normal suspicion and anxiety to its own ends.
Something as innocuous as saying this company is a dud over and over or this company is going back to 38 cents can rob anyone of their reliance upon actual provable facts to make decisions.
The great advantage that AKIDA technology will bring once it achieves the second stage of its planned move to artificial general intelligence and is capable of prediction is that it will unlike us have the ability to ignore “illusory truth” and prevent our manipulation.
Once this occurs there will be a loss of employment opportunities for some but it will be one area where nobody will have any sympathy:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_truth_effect "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And, to save FF some time by answering the question "how do you handle the workload from posts on this forum?", on hot crapper he said

"I just read them. The ones with pictures are very annoying as you have to scroll the picture to see if there is something at the bottom of the page.
Again speed reading is a trained ability going back to prosecuting where it was not uncommon to have 200 plus charges in the list you were running each charge having a charge sheet to be checked, facts to be read, criminal antecedents to be considered and other miscellaneous documents. The working day started at 8 am and you needed to read these documents then speak to any police informant if there was a deficiency or you needed more information and be outside the court for 9.30am to speak to any lawyer appearing and get the assembled masses into some order so you could call in those who were unrepresented seeking adjournments after the lawyers had mentioned their matters before going on to the unrepresented pleas and bail applications.
I really understand what Peter van der Made talks about when he talks about key word spotting and pattern recognition. Volume systems work because of patterns. People laugh about standard things Police officers say and write. Well those standard things are patterns. Patterns made my ability to quickly read and pick up what was on a charge sheet - (we had an indictment book with a couple of hundred standard indictments I knew those off by heart as did most prosecutors but they were patterns). Fact sheets were in standard Police pattern speech. Antecedents were in a standard pattern. Even back then Adult Probation Service reports were in standard patterns. References that experienced lawyers would tender were in standard patterns because they knew what a busy court wanted to known about their client. Magistrates back then now judges in Local Courts had their own patterns. If you knew their patterns you could run the court more efficiently.
Familiar posters here on HC have patterns and key words. I have eliminated those who find being abusive or aggressive to other posters because they add nothing to my understanding of BRN.
As a lawyer at my peak I was handing 400 plus current matters. Most lawyers across my primary practice areas had 90 to 150 current matters. My clients never complained it was always about working out patterns and using key words and memory. I never wasted time which probably goes without saying.
There is no magic just a lifetime of practise. AKIDA style technology would have been very useful and could have doubled my output."

Fact Finder is truly an ornament to us all.
Robert Redford Hello GIF by Searchlight Pictures
My goodness I had no idea anyone kept these things.

I was just looking at the other partners with Brainchip and Si and found the following which is a link to the Industrial Partners at Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse.

So many of their Industrial Partners are names we have been considering is it just a coincidence but even if it is @Yak52 will be rightly excited again because of the world wide spread of Brainchip and its AKIDA Technology solution is likely to reach complete saturation point over the next few months.

I encourage all to open this link and be as amazed as I am, as to how many companies this one environmental project using Brainchip's technological advantage has potentially reached.

The current CEO Sean Hehir announced that they were going to rapidly roll out into universities and research institutions and the companies in this link engaged with just one university in France confirms why this has been made a priority:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
D

Deleted member 118

So the car is an old version VW being put together by KUKA in the photo on our website

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom