BRN Discussion Ongoing

Proga

Regular
1. How many microprocessors does a car have?

Typical Car Has 100-Plus Microprocessors

A mainstream car has more than 100 microprocessors. “Today's automobiles use a huge number of computer chips, chips in the engine, chips in the seat, chips in everything, but they're in tight supply right now,” said Dziczek.14 Jan 2021

2. Approximately 25.6 billion units

In 2019, global shipments of microcontroller units amounted to approximately 25.6 billion units, a reduction from the 28.1 billion units that were recorded in 2018.27 Aug 2020

3. Global microcontroller market size

The global microcontroller market size was valued at USD 18.5 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% from 2022 to 2030. Globally, more than 29 billion units of microcontrollers were shipped in 2021.

Growth Rate: CAGR of 9.8% from 2022 to 2030
Microcontroller Market Size | Industry Report, 2022-2030
https://www.grandviewresearch.com › industry-analysis

4.Renesas Electronics - Forbes

https://www.forbes.com › companies › renesas-electronics

Renesas Electronics Corp. engages in the design, research, development, ... the world's largest supplier of microcontrollers, or MCUs. ... May 11, 2021

5.Renesas Ships 1 Billionth Device From RX Family of 32-bit ...

https://www.businesswire.com › news › home › Renesas...

20 Jan 2022 — Renesas has delivered more than one billion microcontrollers from the RX Family of 32-bit MCUs, which incorporate Renesas' proprietary RX

6. It is expected that approximately 9.7 billion automotive sensors will be sold globally in 2021. - Statistic.

The above and the preceding post should make clear that the market place for AKIDA technology is so expansive that trying to use the $US70 billion Edge market figure to determine a future share price for Brainchip is a completely flawed exercise. Renesas has sold 1 billion of one of its family of MCU's.

There are 9.7 billion sensors installed in motor vehicles each year around the world each one of which AKIDA can make smart.

Mercedes Benz has been using the AKD1000 in the EQXX and one might well ask why not keep using the chip rather than buying the IP? Mercedes Benz is a premium product and every part they use comes with a premium plus price. If you have ever owned one you will know this to be a rock solid fact. Brainchip states the only reason to buy the IP is if you want to save cost when needing more than 1 million units. I don't think Mercedes Benz will be that concerned when they produced less than 3 million units a year.

What I am saying is if Renesas dropped one node of AKIDA IP into the 32 Bit MCU and the royalty was 10 cents for an artificially intelligent MCU to make your 9.7 billion sensors smart that becomes almost 1 billion dollars in royalties.

I therefore repeat what I said above we have flawed intelligence upon which to estimate a future Brainchip share price but on all the flawed evidence it will be much more than we can predict with any certainty even at a very low level of market penetration simply because the market is enormous.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF depending on how luxurious the model, there are 200-300 chips in an ICE vehicle and 3000-4000 in a fully electric vehicle. Not all chips need to have edge technology though like moving the seat or side mirrors. You can have 1 edge chip control a lot of dumb ones. Hey Mercedes, move the side mirror out a bit.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
1. How many microprocessors does a car have?

Typical Car Has 100-Plus Microprocessors

A mainstream car has more than 100 microprocessors. “Today's automobiles use a huge number of computer chips, chips in the engine, chips in the seat, chips in everything, but they're in tight supply right now,” said Dziczek.14 Jan 2021

2. Approximately 25.6 billion units

In 2019, global shipments of microcontroller units amounted to approximately 25.6 billion units, a reduction from the 28.1 billion units that were recorded in 2018.27 Aug 2020

3. Global microcontroller market size

The global microcontroller market size was valued at USD 18.5 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% from 2022 to 2030. Globally, more than 29 billion units of microcontrollers were shipped in 2021.

Growth Rate: CAGR of 9.8% from 2022 to 2030
Microcontroller Market Size | Industry Report, 2022-2030
https://www.grandviewresearch.com › industry-analysis

4.Renesas Electronics - Forbes

https://www.forbes.com › companies › renesas-electronics

Renesas Electronics Corp. engages in the design, research, development, ... the world's largest supplier of microcontrollers, or MCUs. ... May 11, 2021

5.Renesas Ships 1 Billionth Device From RX Family of 32-bit ...

https://www.businesswire.com › news › home › Renesas...

20 Jan 2022 — Renesas has delivered more than one billion microcontrollers from the RX Family of 32-bit MCUs, which incorporate Renesas' proprietary RX

6. It is expected that approximately 9.7 billion automotive sensors will be sold globally in 2021. - Statistic.

The above and the preceding post should make clear that the market place for AKIDA technology is so expansive that trying to use the $US70 billion Edge market figure to determine a future share price for Brainchip is a completely flawed exercise. Renesas has sold 1 billion of one of its family of MCU's.

There are 9.7 billion sensors installed in motor vehicles each year around the world each one of which AKIDA can make smart.

Mercedes Benz has been using the AKD1000 in the EQXX and one might well ask why not keep using the chip rather than buying the IP? Mercedes Benz is a premium product and every part they use comes with a premium plus price. If you have ever owned one you will know this to be a rock solid fact. Brainchip states the only reason to buy the IP is if you want to save cost when needing more than 1 million units. I don't think Mercedes Benz will be that concerned when they produced less than 3 million units a year.

What I am saying is if Renesas dropped one node of AKIDA IP into the 32 Bit MCU and the royalty was 10 cents for an artificially intelligent MCU to make your 9.7 billion sensors smart that becomes almost 1 billion dollars in royalties.

I therefore repeat what I said above we have flawed intelligence upon which to estimate a future Brainchip share price but on all the flawed evidence it will be much more than we can predict with any certainty even at a very low level of market penetration simply because the market is enormous.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
On MCU's FF

I came across this site which supposedly trawls data against listed companies on your keywords as part of its product suite.

Is actually legit well known entity from what I quickly looked at.

Screenshot_2022-05-11-15-28-19-45_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

So thought have a look at their first possible linking...MCHP

IMG_20220511_152507.jpg

Products

Screenshot_2022-05-11-15-25-43-71_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Notice who assists their AI/ML

Screenshot_2022-05-11-15-23-34-79_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Like to think our reach will start to permeate industry in many ways.

Maybe one for nominees list?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
I bet I can be a reliable advisor when talking of PayPal safety. I'm a distrustful sort of a guy, so I always need some positive feedback from my good friends or fam to start using a new payment method, hahaha. Of course there is always a small risk of fraud, but perhaps Paypal is now the most convenient and one of the most popular options to pay online. When it comes to spending money, nowadays I use only this payment method, whether I'm gaming on PayPal betting sites or just shopping online. No problem yet, so it’s highly recommended.

Deena

Regular
Great to see the valuation up there at $2.435 for fair value. Maybe we can give little stock to Morningstar's estimate, however we all know the true value of Brainchip will be well north of here in the not too distant future. It's great to see the big picture so clearly painted by the 1,000 eyes on this forum.

Am I getting more and more excited over this stock every day? You bet your ass I am! I can't wait to get up in the mornings see what the next news break is going to bring.

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 5.51.27 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

sleepymonk

Regular
Sorry to inform you but they are not "common" folk like us!

MAJOR INSTO. WHY or HOW do I know this?

9,000,000 Shorts cost @$1.225 over $10.980,000
Probably replaced (covered) for more Than $9,630,000 cost (possibly much more)
which leaves a NET Profit of under $1,350,000

BUT STOLE $360 Million from shareholders pockets and Brainchip MC!

Personally I am hoping most of those shares would have been "other" INSTOs shares, but I am sure many hundreds of Mums & Dads were amongst that group. They did not deserve that kind of manipulation, which is supposed to be ILLEGAL. lol. right.

If you happen to be the culprit who had a spare $11 Mil to play this game then do please speak up, I am sure some would like to talk to you! lol

Yak52
brother, i will be loaded tomorrow by a debt lone due from Feb 2021. Said to my boss, forget the cruise, we r all in. No financial advice, BRN is still 1/3 of my portfolio though if i have do disclose

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
On MCU's FF

I came across this site which supposedly trawls data against listed companies on your keywords as part of its product suite.

View attachment 6242

View attachment 6243

Products

View attachment 6244

View attachment 6245

Absolutely. 😎 FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 9 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
There is a new paper on brainchip available on their website. Sorry if it has been posted 20 times already.

Attachments

• 0DEBBF3F-B587-4269-9C82-63F8613E7FBF.png
    0DEBBF3F-B587-4269-9C82-63F8613E7FBF.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 72
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Dhm

Regular
I was sent this email by the Sydney Morning Herald. Needless to say I have sent an email to Stuart, the author, and David Klink from Monash University with info on MB EQXX and Brainchip's influence. Plus many of our other partnerships.

The Sydney Morning Herald
May 10, 2022​

Examine​

Hello all, I’m Stuart Layt, welcome to Examine.
This week, we’ll look at what is happening with the latest COVID-19 variants and review some of our best science coverage from the past week. But first, let’s buckle up and take a look at how to make electric vehicles into a genuine replacement for current petrol cars.
With the price of oil soaring worldwide and battery technology rapidly advancing, electric vehicles are starting to shift from lofty ideal to viable reality. But researchers are warning that we need to focus on the whole car, not just the battery, if we want EVs to be a genuine replacement for petrol vehicles.
0da19329aaaa85d8df2f6926aafda0721e08fe06
Getting the battery right for EVs has been the major focus of most manufacturers and researchers, from Tesla to Toyota. But David Klink, an electric vehicle researcher at Monash University, says focusing on batteries is missing the point.
Klink points out that cars with a combustion engine have more than 100 years of refinements in their engineering to get them to the standard they are today, where they are a robust and reliable form of transport. By comparison, electric vehicles are still in the very early stages of refinement, and finding those same efficiencies will ensure EVs can carry us on the next stage of the journey.
“The battery is really important, but all of the energy that it uses has to go through a motor and a drive train,” Klink says. “The size, weight and efficiency of all that is really important, it has huge implications for the usage of EVs.”
Klink is leading a new lab within Monash’s Power Engineering Advanced Research Laboratory (PEARL) to investigate new ways to wring more efficiency out of electric vehicles, which will expand their battery life and therefore their effectiveness.
Creating even a one per cent increase in efficiency in the overall EV system translates to a one per cent increase in the battery’s total power, meaning efficiency gains can have a significant impact on the range of the vehicle.
Lighter, smaller and more efficient motors and controllers within the power train reduce cooling requirements, internal losses in power and overall vehicle mass, all of which increase a vehicle’s range.
And unlike an internal combustion system, expended energy in an EV can often be reclaimed and put back into the battery. Current generation electric vehicles already feature these sorts of innovations.
In many types of electric buses in use around Australia, the motor effectively cuts out when the bus is travelling downhill to save battery charge, and the energy generated by the brakes is harnessed and used to partially recharge the battery.
Klink and his colleagues are working to develop further efficiencies.
“We’re working on producing a more efficient power train,” he says. “We’re working on more efficient disc motors rather than cylinder motors, wrapping carbon fibre around motors to spin them faster, which means they give the same power with less weight.”
He is also looking into 3D-printing of coils, which allows for the direct integration of features such as heat sinks. This, he says, means more current can be run through them as they can deal with extra heat.
Even before the sudden jump in oil prices around the world due to the war in Ukraine, take-up of electric vehicles has been growing rapidly. There were over 20,000 electric vehicles sold in Australia in 2021, compared to just 6900 in 2020.
Both the Coalition and Labor have made marquee announcements on electric vehicle support and infrastructure in the current federal election campaign.
The Coalition has pledged up to $250 million, $178 million of which is new money, to build 50,000 charging stations in Australian homes, as part of its Future Fuels and Vehicles Strategy plan.
Labor, meanwhile, is promising to introduce an electric car subsidy to make EVs more affordable, and has pledged to support network infrastructure through such initiatives as installing 400 “community batteries” in suburbs and towns, in a package worth $250 million over three years.
The federal commitments follow several state-based initiatives to support EVs, including Queensland’s “electric highway” of charging stations along the east coast, which in theory would allow an EV to drive from the Gold Coast to Cairns.
Just this week NSW announced a $20 million grant program to install 3000 electric vehicle chargers across the state to increase and support the takeup of EVs.
But EVs are still only part of the future transport picture. Klink says EVs will form part of range of transport options, utilising a range of fuel sources.
Hydrogen, in particular, is seen as a possible alternative to electric vehicles, with a number of Australian states setting up hydrogen production pipelines.
Hydrogen as a fuel source is generated by either cracking more complex gases like methane, or by splitting water into its component hydrogen and oxygen atoms using electrolysis.
Klink says it is likely hydrogen will be used in larger vehicles such as trucks and buses, as it is not very efficient fuel for small passenger vehicles.
He believes there is a need to develop systems to support electric vehicles of varying sizes, while also supporting hydrogen for more robust uses. “A rough comparison is the current split between diesel and petrol fuels,” he says. “Most personal vehicles and many larger vehicles use petrol, but then you have vehicles that use diesel for more robust uses.
“I think a similar split between electric and hydrogen fuel could end up becoming the norm.”
Either way, Klink says Australia now needs to look seriously at alternatives to petrol cars, or risk being left behind by the rest of the world.
“Less demand for petrol in the long term will only make prices go up, and Australia is only a small player on the global stage,” he says. “We are dependent on the rest of the world.
“If Australia stayed 100 per cent with petrol cars, and the US, Europe and China decide EVs are the new normal, then where will the fuel come from?
“We need to make these plans now.”
Examine is a two-way street: I love bringing the latest science news to you, but I also love to hear from you. If you have questions or comments about this week’s newsletter, don’t hesitate to get in contact by email or message me on Twitter.
Stuart Layt
Stuart Layt
Reporter​

Last edited:
  • Love

TheDon

Regular
Are you The Deans brother?
No. I'm just a guy who works 12 hours mon-friday. Buy BRN shares every fathers day, bday, and Christmas day.

TheDon

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Hopefully some good share price movement will mean u dont need to do 60 hour weeks soon thedon....

• Love

Yak52

Regular
Going through my folders & files I have come across some info (JPEG) which is worth seeing again (refresh) or for those who are "newer to Brainchip" and missed them before!

GLOBAL PATENT LIST FEB 2022
BRAINCHIP PORTFOLIO PATENTS.png

BRAINCHIP MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE 2022
BRAINCHIP Management structure 2022.png

OUR NEW OFFICE COMPLEX - LEASED ENTIRE 2ND FLOOR (?)
BRAINCHIP HQ USA new leased.jpeg

AKIDA VERSIONS - MAY 2021
akida.jpg

BRN AKIDA IN "SPACE PRODUCT" ENGINEERING DIAGRAM
BRN in Space diagram.jpg

THE "ANNOUNCEMENT" REGARDING MERCEDES BENZ
BRN website & MERC.png

HOPE ALL ENJOY SEEING THESE AGAIN & INFORMATIVE FOR THOSE NEWER SHAREHOLDERS!

Yak52

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Here's something we haven't talked about a lot which is that edge technologies like Akida are perfectly geared to making the shopping experience faster and more convenient.

In this article there's a description of how Intel are getting into this space. And since I'm a firm believer that Akida will one day be a part of the Intel ecosystem, I don't find it too much of a stretch to imagine Akida in supermarkets everywhere in the not too distant future.(y)

Extract

Nourish & Bloom worked with Intel and UST, a transformation solutions company, to implement their tech platforms. At the Intel Vision event this week, the chipmaker is showcasing the way the store is using Intel RealSense cameras, VPUs and other processors, and Intel edge technologies to make the "frictionless" shopping experience work.

"They're using our CPUs, GPUs and VPUs, which you're not going to be able to do with other partners," Alec Gefrides, Intel's VP of Network and Edge and GM of IOT, said to ZDNet. "We have compute engines dedicated for whatever you're trying to do. One of the advantages of Intel is we play in all of those fields."

Article published 11 May 2022

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

newpunta

Regular
You mean ARM and Edge Impulse, right?
EXACTLY spot on Slade.
When the announcements come I may need to call an Ambulance cos I have similar anxiety issues....... seriously this stock could be detrimental to my wellbeing.
Who would have thought ....... too much good news can kill ya :)

cosors

👀
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Rocket you know

Rocket you know I'm starting to think the combine harvester was a decoy for the aerial drone shot
Going through my folders & files I have come across some info (JPEG) which is worth seeing again (refresh) or for those who are "newer to Brainchip" and missed them before!

GLOBAL PATENT LIST FEB 2022
View attachment 6249
BRAINCHIP MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE 2022
View attachment 6250

OUR NEW OFFICE COMPLEX - LEASED ENTIRE 2ND FLOOR (?)
View attachment 6251

AKIDA VERSIONS - MAY 2021
View attachment 6252

BRN AKIDA IN "SPACE PRODUCT" ENGINEERING DIAGRAM
View attachment 6253

THE "ANNOUNCEMENT" REGARDING MERCEDES BENZ
View attachment 6254

HOPE ALL ENJOY SEEING THESE AGAIN & INFORMATIVE FOR THOSE NEWER SHAREHOLDERS!

Yak52
Thanks so much for sharing @Yak52 I missed these first time around. I love the org chart and descriptions. Conveys a strong sense of the drive and energy of the company together with a touch of fun. A great culture SH is creating!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
On MCU's FF

View attachment 6242

View attachment 6243

Products

View attachment 6244

View attachment 6245

I was cooking before so expanding on my one word absolutely I have kept bumping into Microchip Technology Inc in my research but could not grasp a connection however the Edge Impulse closes the deal for me.

Deal closed then the following becomes very important, where are you @Yak52 another 142 companies now are caught up in the Brainchip web:

Some interesting partners leap out.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Yak52

Regular
Wish me luck I’m going to go and find that combine harvester

Ok Rocket577..........its not the Combine Harvester you were looking for BUT........

some food for you to consume and chase the connections!!

AUTONOMOUS ELECTRIC JOHN DEERE TRACTOR - 680hp
JohnDeere Autonomous Electric tractor 680hp.jpg

Still at time being filmed a working concept but.....and its big (680 hp) and Electric. Looks great working in the field.

Another John Deere (FAEV)Tractor has 4 wheels and a detachable cabin.

utube link below
John Deere Autonomous Electric Tractor

Yak52

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
I was cooking before so expanding on my one word absolutely I have kept bumping into Microchip Technology Inc in my research but could not grasp a connection however the Edge Impulse closes the deal for me.

Deal closed then the following becomes very important, where are you @Yak52 another 142 companies now are caught up in the Brainchip web:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Just another thread (pathway) to move along for Akida :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Good Valeo article

“Things are about to move up another gear. We now plan to produce more than 20 million cameras a year and globally deliver as many units to our automaker customers in the next four years as we did in the last 15, meaning another 100 million cameras by 2026,”

F9922FBE-DB1D-4F81-96C5-F04CEF11C826.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Yak52

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Deal closed then the following becomes very important, where are you @Yak52 another 142 companies now are caught up in the Brainchip web: -FF
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLY COW FF !!! ANOTHER?? ok...... world domination well under way then.

Ooops I suppose you should also maybe consider adding another then after my previous post to Rocket577..............JOHN DEERE.

AND............what about CERENCE ?? Remember the pic below?? "hello".....

Cerence link mid 2021 ford merc & CHINA.jpg

AND IF WE DO ADD THEM................then I suppose here are a "few" more connections too.

Cerence Partner program.png

cerence partners.png

I must confess that I have forgotten all about CERENCE of late and will be boning up on there importance again tonight.

That "ole" Star Trek quote comes to mind about the Borg!

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE !! ;)

Yak52. :):):):)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users
Top Bottom