BRN Discussion Ongoing

Brnschool

Emerged
The new home feels awesome. Thanks all for the smooth transition.
I would love to see uiux barrel tech dolci and few other old good friends soon as well. Then will be happy complete happy family. Was feeling like a strangers house in own brn forum at copper.

Reactions: 9 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Hi everybody, tonight started with a couple of afternoon sundowners (Glenlivet 15y French oak reserve) very tasty and can recommend, while pleasantly reading our new forum, and very relaxing reading this new forum without all the negativity, anyway I don't know if its the Scotch talking as it is now 10.30pm and I'm still drinking, but I reckon that KIA is a customer of Brainchip and will be announce this week. Don't ask how I know, because I don't know myself. Woof Woof .
Best regards to all Viva La Akida

Reactions: 19 users

simoni

Regular
The new home feels awesome. Thanks all for the smooth transition.

I would love to see uiux barrel tech dolci and few other old good friends soon as well. Then will be happy complete happy family. Was feeling like a strangers house in own brn forum at copper.
They are all here

• Love

Chimi

Hyundai and Kia are one company. Hyundai bought 80% of Boston Dynamics. So or so this dog can be huge

Reactions: 15 users

Rodney

Regular
I think the Mods were so focused on the BRN forum they let one slip through to the keeper ROFL.

View attachment 401

Another BRN top rated post lol:ROFLMAO:
Yes never made the board before go figure

Reactions: 5 users

stockduck

Regular
If you go to a bank as a customer for investing your assets there, you will be told a lot about diversification and how to put the risk of loss into perspective and mitigate it while at the same time reducing your chances of winning.

The younger you are, the more risk-oriented you can dare to invest and vice versa.
That's probably true, if you believe the experts.

But there is also another point of view of the things.

There are companies on the market, that are so globally diversified in the products they sell, that a low risk of losses in the event of economic crises can also be expected here.

For me Brainchip is such a company with this breakthrough invention Akida in neuromorphic chip technology. For the next 5 years, Brainchip will put my guess to the test.

If the dividends per share are then paid, I'll start investing in hydrogen technology and battery technology.
I assume that the large fund companies already know this and have therefore bought into Brainchip in order to diversify twice with the chance of higher profit expectations at the same time.

(No financial advice please do your own research cause I´m no financial expert!)

Reactions: 16 users

EddieBoy

Emerged
I’m in! Glad to see some familiar names here.

Reactions: 11 users
Wow that’s very exciting. I thought I had previously read Xilinx and Brainchip had worked together but my recollection had something to do with cctv video software which is off the mark.

So to try and summarise what I have learnt from other information shared today it sounds as though Akida is somehow in Valeo’s lidar technology but Luminar are supplying the actual lidar for it. And then Akida IP is possibly on Xilinix FPGA boards also being supplied to Mercedes.

I am not a tech head so I could be way off the mark but that‘s an awesome possiblity. It‘s such a tangled web. As Fact Finder said earlier it’s going to be very hard to positively identify where Akida is being used until it is announced… if it is announced because it could be anywhere.

All my opinion formed thanks to the 1000 eyes!

Cheers!
I was on the Brainchip website and found where they were discussing Xilinx and have included an excerpt:

It’s under ”The challenge of building inferencing chips”. https://brainchipinc.com/challenges-of-inferencing-chips/

Speed matters
The key factor here is throughput. “These are generally plugged-in devices. Power is always critical, and there is only so much dissipation you can afford. But in the hierarchy of systems, there are other things that come before power. Memory is certainly another big component of AI inference at the edge. How much memory and how much bandwidth you can sustain?”

For companies building these chips, market opportunities are flourishing. Geoff Tate, CEO of Flex Logix, points to such markets as biomedical imaging for implementing AI in ultrasound systems, genomic systems, along with scientific imaging applications that require very high resolution and very high frame rate. Surveillance cameras for retail stores also are growing in use so retailers can extend the use of the cameras wired already into their servers to capture information such as how many customers are coming into the store, customer wait times, etc.

While many, if not most, inferencing chips are mainly CPU-based, Flex Logix uses some embedded FPGA technology in its inferencing chip. “Companies like Microsoft use FPGAs in their datacenter today. They’ve deployed FPGAs for some time. They’ve done it because they found workloads that are common in their datacenter for which they can write code that runs on the FPGA, and basically it will run faster at lower cost and power than if it ran on a processor,” Tate said.

This opens up a whole swath of new options. “If it runs faster on the Xilinx boards than on an Intel Xeon, and the price is better, the customer just wants throughput per dollar and the FPGA can do better,” said Tate. “In the Microsoft data center, they run their inference on FPGAs because the FPGA needs a lot of multiplier-accumulators and the Xeons don’t have them. Microsoft has shown for years that FPGA is good for inference.”

Flex Logix’s path to an inference chip started with a customer asking for an FPGA that was optimized for inferencing. “There was a time when FPGAs just had logic,” he said. “There were no multiplier-accumulators in them. That was in the ’80s, when Xilinx first came out with them. At a later point in time, all FPGAs had multiplier-accumulators in them, introduced primarily for signal processing. They were optimized in terms of their size and their function for signal processing applications. Those multiplier-accumulators are why Microsoft is doing inference using FPGAs, because FPGAs have a fair number of multiplier-accumulators,” Tate explained.

Then development teams started using GPUs for inferencing, because they also have a lot of multipliers and accumulators. But they weren’t optimized for inference, although Nvidia has been slowly optimizing that. Flex Logix’s customer asked the company to change its FPGA in two ways — change all the MACs from 22-bit to 8-bit, and throw away all the extra bits and make a smaller multiplier-accumulator. The second request, given that the MAC was smaller and more could be fit into the same area, was to allocate more area to MACs.

“We’ll find out over this next year which of the architectures actually deliver better throughput per dollar, or the throughput per watt, and those will be the winners,” Tate said. “The customer doesn’t care which one wins. To them it’s just a piece of silicon. They put in their neural model, the software does the magic to make the silicon work, and they don’t care what’s inside as long as the answers come out, at high throughput, and the price and power are right.”

Looks like they decided on which way to go and it involved Xilinx and it that’s the case it could point towards “Explosive growth“.

A previous post about Leddartech (involved with Mercedes) indicated a supplier of theirs was Renasas and their FPGA supplier was Xilinx. How good is that for a link?

Good times ahead!

Attachments

• F2194CD2-65FB-4C6B-B761-F1F6F071A1C2.png
    F2194CD2-65FB-4C6B-B761-F1F6F071A1C2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Thank goodness you're here. Welcome you fantastic foot model, researcher extraordinaire and DJ of the eclectic groove. :)
View attachment 377

Thank goodness you're here. Welcome you fantastic foot model, researcher extraordinaire and DJ of the eclectic groove. :)
View attachment 377
OMG! Thanks so much Hoppy! Wow, it's so nice of you to think of me! But the foot (above) is seriously uggsie. Never mind, I know I need to practice more humility. I shouldn't let it get to my head too much that my feet look so good, because it literally had nothing to do with me. I think I need to thank my father.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Hi SG
From memory the development and early emulation of Akida before transitioning from software to silicon was on an FPGA (field programmable gate array) platform.
And the FPGA boards used were from Xilinx. FPGA's was Xilinx's speciality.
I believe BRN provided copies of these FPGA boards to Mercedes for their research, testing and benchmarking of Akida.

These dots between BRN and XILINX do exist.

One would hope that Xilinx would view the incorporation of Akida's IP into it's FPGA boards, much the same way Socionext is incorporating Akida into it's SynQuacer SC2A11 (I think) hardware.

Cheers
Cyber
I agree with your recollection that AKIDA was simulated first on an FPGA and that Xilinx was the brand involved.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
Hi everybody I was doing some research and came across this https://www.synaptics.com/technology/edge-computing
There seems to be a lot of crossover with Brainchip.
Are they using Akida or are they a competitor. Can any of our more intelligent members help out please.

Should add that they are working with Eta Compute who list Edge Impulse as a partner!
Thanks

Reactions: 4 users

Infinity

Emerged
Hi folks. Just got myself set up. Missed a lot of the action as I was in hospital having a couple of hernias seen to. Just back this afternoon.
Seems all is well in a new and better environment. Some good action on Friday while I was under the knife!
Cheers, Deena
Great that everything went well the other day. We thank u heaps for mentoring me and assisting this arvo in moving here. Of course, am so grateful to all the generous and highly intelligent posters here. I learned so much.
Muchas gracias!

I think the Mods were so focused on the BRN forum they let one slip through to the keeper ROFL.

View attachment 401

Another BRN top rated post lol:ROFLMAO:
2022-02-06 21_06_09-yeah but yeah but at DuckDuckGo — Mozilla Firefox.png

That makes it look like they are winning and there is a mass exodus from BRN the stock.. lol
Monday tomorrow and we are not going to discuss cold crapper.... Rise above and move on I hope we do.

Feels like a good day for a rocket.

• Thinking

Dr E Brown

Regular
Don’t know if this has ever been linked before. Apologies if it has.
Samsung launched the first artificial intelligence security camera which can make on-device inference without sending data to servers, thus consuming lesser energy and maintains privacy (Figure 19) (Samsung, 2020).
Figure 19. Samsung SmartThings Vision is available in Australia (Samsung, 2020)

Dirac

Alcohol is broken down to aldehyde which causes headaches and nausea.
Aldehyde .... I think I knew her.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Rodney

Regular
View attachment 417

That makes it look like they are winning and there is a mass exodus from BRN the stock.. lol
Monday tomorrow and we are not going to discuss cold crapper.... Rise above and move on I hope we do.

Feels like a good day for a rocket.
Yes didn’t think of it that way when I wrote but think the forum understood. Not that it matters there is no one left

Reactions: 3 users

stockduck

Regular
I was on the Brainchip website and found where they were discussing Xilinx and have included an excerpt:

It’s under ”The challenge of building inferencing chips”. https://brainchipinc.com/challenges-of-inferencing-chips/

Speed matters
The key factor here is throughput. “These are generally plugged-in devices. Power is always critical, and there is only so much dissipation you can afford. But in the hierarchy of systems, there are other things that come before power. Memory is certainly another big component of AI inference at the edge. How much memory and how much bandwidth you can sustain?”

For companies building these chips, market opportunities are flourishing. Geoff Tate, CEO of Flex Logix, points to such markets as biomedical imaging for implementing AI in ultrasound systems, genomic systems, along with scientific imaging applications that require very high resolution and very high frame rate. Surveillance cameras for retail stores also are growing in use so retailers can extend the use of the cameras wired already into their servers to capture information such as how many customers are coming into the store, customer wait times, etc.

While many, if not most, inferencing chips are mainly CPU-based, Flex Logix uses some embedded FPGA technology in its inferencing chip. “Companies like Microsoft use FPGAs in their datacenter today. They’ve deployed FPGAs for some time. They’ve done it because they found workloads that are common in their datacenter for which they can write code that runs on the FPGA, and basically it will run faster at lower cost and power than if it ran on a processor,” Tate said.

This opens up a whole swath of new options. “If it runs faster on the Xilinx boards than on an Intel Xeon, and the price is better, the customer just wants throughput per dollar and the FPGA can do better,” said Tate. “In the Microsoft data center, they run their inference on FPGAs because the FPGA needs a lot of multiplier-accumulators and the Xeons don’t have them. Microsoft has shown for years that FPGA is good for inference.”

Flex Logix’s path to an inference chip started with a customer asking for an FPGA that was optimized for inferencing. “There was a time when FPGAs just had logic,” he said. “There were no multiplier-accumulators in them. That was in the ’80s, when Xilinx first came out with them. At a later point in time, all FPGAs had multiplier-accumulators in them, introduced primarily for signal processing. They were optimized in terms of their size and their function for signal processing applications. Those multiplier-accumulators are why Microsoft is doing inference using FPGAs, because FPGAs have a fair number of multiplier-accumulators,” Tate explained.

Then development teams started using GPUs for inferencing, because they also have a lot of multipliers and accumulators. But they weren’t optimized for inference, although Nvidia has been slowly optimizing that. Flex Logix’s customer asked the company to change its FPGA in two ways — change all the MACs from 22-bit to 8-bit, and throw away all the extra bits and make a smaller multiplier-accumulator. The second request, given that the MAC was smaller and more could be fit into the same area, was to allocate more area to MACs.

“We’ll find out over this next year which of the architectures actually deliver better throughput per dollar, or the throughput per watt, and those will be the winners,” Tate said. “The customer doesn’t care which one wins. To them it’s just a piece of silicon. They put in their neural model, the software does the magic to make the silicon work, and they don’t care what’s inside as long as the answers come out, at high throughput, and the price and power are right.”

Looks like they decided on which way to go and it involved Xilinx and it that’s the case it could point towards “Explosive growth“.

A previous post about Leddartech (involved with Mercedes) indicated a supplier of theirs was Renasas and their FPGA supplier was Xilinx. How good is that for a link?

Good times ahead!
Great for my understanding, so power, memory and bandwidth is also critical for every smartphone...right?;):cool:

Reactions: 7 users

MDhere

Regular
Bought this the other day as MD fits perfect on this Bar.

I might break it open and keep the wrapper to frame it along with my other brn collection when it reaches….hmmm let’s see $4.

I checked the expiry date and it says 30th October 2022. That’s a good sign :)

78D3EA44-6CAC-463D-A488-9FC61C6ACFD6.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Tysons

Yeah I made it over to this site, also got sick of the shit on hotcrapper

Reactions: 11 users

Bimsy

Emerged
Too late to buy in at this price ? Stupid question I know as those who love the company expect it to go much higher. Just trying to assess risk, as the saying goes don't invest what you can't afford to lose and diversify.

View attachment 254
I hold 10 stocks, half of them bought before BRN. Started buying BRN from 17 cents, my only substantial green stock is BRN. I wish I had all my money on BRN, but you always have a choice, hope you make a right one :)

Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom