BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slapper

Tomorrow is MONDAY. I will NOT be visiting or posting on ColdCopper.
Say the mantra BE the mantra 🤣

Reactions: 10 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Kimberly Vaupen likes this

kim2.jpg

Who is this Danny Lange

kim3.jpg

Reactions: 20 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 users

cyber

Hi all,

Well, I spent a few hours watching videos, reading links and looking at patents (XILINX has 3500 pantents: wow). This was after seeing Xilinx had been working with Daimler on the MBUX project several years prior.

They are a massive company which is why I got excited thinking Brainchip were working with them. However I couldn’t find anything concrete to say that they are which is dissapointing. Their SP atm is $209 so being part of their business plan (as well as others) would have been awesome.
There was also the fact that Xilinx are looking to get bought out by AMD which I thought might have been a back door way of getting involved with BRAINCHIP if Xilinx were using AKIDA. Mind you AMD have permission to use the front door.

Another issue was that Cerence, another massive auto company is involved with Daimler so it was hard to get my head around who’s actually still working with who.

So the great news is that if Mercedes came out to state they are using AKIDA in their car it means we have displaced some of these massive companies, Xilinx and Cerence to some degree which is very impressive!

The market must be extremely competitive and worth a fortune so I fully understand the need for NDA’s. It could make or break a business to get a competitive advantage.

The other company which took me down the rabbit hole was Leddartech who deal in sensors and lidar are an obvious competitor with Valeo. Valeo I believe is working with Daimler/Mercedes atm and is where I see a strong link with us as well.

Luckily my understanding is Brainchip does not do exclusive deals to limit who can use their product so hopefully both Valeo and Leddartech will be using us in the future. My money’s on Valeo at least!

I haven’t completely discounted Xilinx or Cerence or Leddartech which is the beautiful reason why Brainchip to me is such a good investment: Akida could turn up anywhere and at any time! So much potential… Sleep well shorters!!

Cheersf
Hi SG
From memory the development and early emulation of Akida before transitioning from software to silicon was on an FPGA (field programmable gate array) platform.
And the FPGA boards used were from Xilinx. FPGA's was Xilinx's speciality.
I believe BRN provided copies of these FPGA boards to Mercedes for their research, testing and benchmarking of Akida.

These dots between BRN and XILINX do exist.

One would hope that Xilinx would view the incorporation of Akida's IP into it's FPGA boards, much the same way Socionext is incorporating Akida into it's SynQuacer SC2A11 (I think) hardware.

Cheers
Cyber

• Fire
Reactions: 45 users

Slade

Top 20
Surely, this could not be coincidence.
Can we delete that link to HC. I just pressed on it and found myself in a shithole.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Allsquared

Ahhh this is nice to see familiar faces without all the white noise. Hope ur all well.. loving our new pad lol

Reactions: 20 users
  • Fire

Rodney

Regular
My last post on hot crapper. I’m finished but it was fun, got in before midnight and my venting finish.
Looking forward to a positive day tomorrow.
Your chips can never be down when you own part of brain chip.

Attachments

• AFAA8FB8-8559-4C17-9606-E7F6272F125A.png
    AFAA8FB8-8559-4C17-9606-E7F6272F125A.png
    410.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
S

Straw

Wish I knew, I missed out on one.
You could try rubbing Buddah's belly.

Reactions: 4 users

Allsquared

This site is a million times better than cold pooper.. so much better to use. It about time technology got an up grade lol cough.. akida.. opps

Reactions: 9 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
Can we delete that link to HC. I just pressed on it and found myself in a shithole.
Yep, I just got redirected to it as well- still not sure what I was supposed to have been looking at

Reactions: 1 users
Hi SG
From memory the development and early emulation of Akida before transitioning from software to silicon was on an FPGA (field programmable gate array) platform.
And the FPGA boards used were from Xilinx. FPGA's was Xilinx's speciality.
I believe BRN provided copies of these FPGA boards to Mercedes for their research, testing and benchmarking of Akida.

These dots between BRN and XILINX do exist.

One would hope that Xilinx would view the incorporation of Akida's IP into it's FPGA boards, much the same way Socionext is incorporating Akida into it's SynQuacer SC2A11 (I think) hardware.

Cheers
Cyber

Wow that’s very exciting. I thought I had previously read Xilinx and Brainchip had worked together but my recollection had something to do with cctv video software which is off the mark.

So to try and summarise what I have learnt from other information shared today it sounds as though Akida is somehow in Valeo’s lidar technology but Luminar are supplying the actual lidar for it. And then Akida IP is possibly on Xilinix FPGA boards also being supplied to Mercedes.

I am not a tech head so I could be way off the mark but that‘s an awesome possiblity. It‘s such a tangled web. As Fact Finder said earlier it’s going to be very hard to positively identify where Akida is being used until it is announced… if it is announced because it could be anywhere.

All my opinion formed thanks to the 1000 eyes!

Cheers!

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

kenjikool

Regular
I think the Mods were so focused on the BRN forum they let one slip through to the keeper ROFL.

1644146375866.png

Another BRN top rated post lol:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Ahhh this is nice to see familiar faces without all the white noise. Hope ur all well.. loving our new pad lol
Hi AllSquared,

I am DaveNess from HC, I always enjoyed reading your posts on HC & I am so glad you & all the other familiar fellow Chippers are here.

Couldn't agree more, ever since our Magnificent Z created this magnificent space I have been so much happier with my daily BRN time, its clam, its cool, & its our new home, we have really showed TMH / HC there is strength in numbers.

Have a great night
Ness

Reactions: 28 users

Vanman1100

Regular
I found you guys, finally!
Wow what a shit show that price rise bought to the group.
Hope all are well.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

Brubaker

Regular
Hi AllSquared,

I am DaveNess from HC, I always enjoyed reading your posts on HC & I am so glad you & all the other familiar fellow Chippers are here.

Couldn't agree more, ever since our Magnificent Z created this magnificent space I have been so much happier with my daily BRN time, its clam, its cool, & its our new home, we have really showed TMH / HC there is strength in numbers.

Have a great night
Ness
Here Here

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Welcome Vanman, its so nice to have you here, this place is fun & good for your soul :)

Vanman1100

Regular
Thanks guys!

Reactions: 7 users

Aretemis

Regular
Hey lovlies,

Does anyone know if TSEx comes with an instruction manual? I am on my L plates and am finding it all a bit discombobulating ATM.

PS: I've always wanted to use 'discombobulating' in a sentence, but never had an opportunity to do so until just now!
PSS: It's the TSEx operation manual that I'm after, not The Beginners Guide to Karma Sutra, thanks.

He-he-he!😝
Blackadder 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom