BRN Discussion Ongoing

Perhaps

Regular
In direct relation to ARM this is all I've been able to find, no real news.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Not wanting to alarm anyone but 70% of 70 billion US dollars by 2025 is 49 billion US dollars. I think we will have to combine resources so we have enough fingers and toes to count that high. LOL FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Oh gosh.

And we would trade at conservatively 20 P/E.

I'll be happy with a tenth of that.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
I was so wondering yesterday about the difference in the SPs (here/ASX) in terms of currency conversion. Today, this difference has dropped from 6.6% yesterday to less than 0.5%. Can this be related to the 22m shares, a kind of compensation and shortage here and a flooding of the supply with you? On Tradegate (largest volume here), the blocks on offer to buy/sell have dropped to a minimal 5000/1500 shares. I don't think I've ever seen it that low. I find the process interesting. Maybe I will soon understand the mechanisms better. I have far too little idea about it.

In my naivety, I imagine that the difference became too great and the shares here and in the USA were too cheap. So the supply was tightened and in addition the price on the ASX was depressed. Is there such a compensation at all?

Does that make sense? Or were the 22M just for manipulation? Maybe I should get the book @Fullmoonfever posted an excerpt from in the Tec thread. I find that exciting to watch.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

GpHiggsBoson

Regular
Thanks @Dang Son for the explanation.

No I am not suggesting you personally should do anything more.

My statement have a plan is as simple as that. It seems clear to me that some retail investors do not have any sort of plan.

They have never taken the time to ask what will I do if ‘X’ happens. They have never taken the time to sit down with their partner and say this is what I think we should do if ‘X’ occurs and have an agreed position.

I feel confident that there are retail holders who now are saying to themselves “Why didn’t we sell enough when it hit $2.34 to pay off the mortgage or the credit cards or paint the house or replace the car.”

I am not saying there is one perfect plan that suits every investors circumstances. What I am saying is not having any sort of plan is a receipe for disappointment.

My plan is to hold my key shares until the total value of my portfolio is “X” then reassess my plan.

I believe that between now and 2025 unless Puto blows up the world I will reach that target value.

I accept that the values of my shares will swing around just like they did today but I cannot control that .

By doing my research and being part of the 1,000 Eyes I am completely confident that nothing can come out of left field to destroy the fundamentals of Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Not wanting to alarm anyone but 70% of 70 billion US dollars by 2025 is 49 billion US dollars. I think we will have to combine resources so we have enough fingers and toes to count that high. LOL FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF,

You and I have been around a while like many bolted on LTH.

Just so you know I still believe in the Brainchip dream, it will be a reality!

I could never sell my chunk of BRN long term investment shares.

We will be kings in the future.

Crazy times for sure. Drops and tops and everywhere in between. Not for the faint hearted.

Good luck to the BRN investors.
I don’t give advice to anyone. This is my opinion. Please dyor.

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users
I was so wondering yesterday about the difference in the SPs (here/ASX) in terms of currency conversion. Today, this difference has dropped from 6.6% yesterday to less than 0.5%. Can this be related to the 22m shares, a kind of compensation and shortage here and a flooding of the supply with you? On Tradegate (largest volume here), the blocks on offer to buy/sell have dropped to a minimal 5000/1500 shares. I don't think I've ever seen it that low. I find the process interesting. Maybe I will soon understand the mechanisms better. I have far too little idea about it.

In my naivety, I imagine that the difference became too great and the shares here and in the USA were too cheap. So the supply was tightened and in addition the price on the ASX was depressed. Is there such a compensation at all?

Does that make sense? Or were the 22M just for manipulation? Maybe I should get the book @Fullmoonfever posted an excerpt from in the Tec thread. I find that exciting to watch.
@cosors

On ph currently but try this link as a PDF freebie ;)

Let me know if works or not as there are other links around. I just downloaded and tried attach but file too big haha.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀
@cosors

On ph currently but try this link as a PDF freebie ;)

Let me know if works or not as there are other links around. I just downloaded and tried attach but file too big haha.

Thank you very much! That worked out great. New good night reading 🧐

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Thank you very much! That worked out great. New good night reading 🧐
Welcome...hope you get some take aways from it. Mkt never an exact science as we know....involves emotions from retail traders so often haha

Here's something else that is a good explanation on vol that I have in my folders.

Vol Surge Example.png

Reactions: 20 users
D

Deleted member 118

Thanks FF,
When I read, have a plan, I get the implication that I should be doing something smarter than what I'm planning, which is to wait for it to reach 10 bags then pull out my capitols and hold the free carry for further growth and potential dividends.
I haven't managed to swing any BRN into Super but still working on that (with a financial adviser like a handbrake)
What else could be implied by , "Have a plan."?
Thanks in advance, DS
I think it was Lou that said it also without elaborating.
Only plan I have is that I left the uk 13 years ago and currently my super ain’t worth crap. So if I want any chance of having a better life in retirement I hope my gamble in BRN pays off in quite a few years time. So as it stands you lot ain’t getting rid of me anytime soon and I ain’t selling shit for a hell of a long time as I can’t afford too.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
Hi everyone,

I have been reading about the possible future valuations of Brainchip on this forum however I come to a significantly lower figure than has been proposed. Would someone please check my figures and let me know what I have done wrong. I am not downramping, I genuinely want to know what I have done wrong in my calculations. The following are examples only and are hypothetical examples only as we won’t know the actual figures for a while.

I would greatly appreciate feedback on the following.

The best guess TAM at the moment is US$70B however this will rise significantly in the future.

I have provided two scenarios, the first being ADIDA being in 10% of the devices that make up the TAM of $70B and the second being in 50% of the devices that make up the TAM of $100B.

The Edge TAM is US$70B

Hypothetically AKIDA is in 10% of the devices that make up the TAM, therefore $70B x 10% = $7B

Brainchip get a royalty (not counting chip sales in this figure) of between 3-15%

I’m using 5% as an average

Therefore 5% of $7B is approx. $350M

Assuming Brainchip has $50m in expenses (best guess) the profit would be approx. $300M

Using a PE of 25 the MC would be approx. US$7.5B

Brainchip has approx. 1.8B shares on issue

That would give an approx. share price of US$4.15

The Edge TAM is US$100B

Hypothetically AKIDA is in 50% of the devices that make up the TAM, therefore $100B x 50% = $50B

Brainchip get a royalty (not counting chip sales in this figure) of between 3-15%

Therefore 5% of $50B is approx. $2.5B

Assuming Brainchip has $50m in expenses (best guess) the profit would be approx. $2.45B

Using a PE of 25 the MC would be approx. US$61.25B

That would give an approx. share price of US$34.00

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
From my other stock I know how useful and important funding programs can be. The Intel plant certainly or shurly also benefits from EU funding. This would also be feasible via our branch in Toulouse. Perhaps this could be interesting for Brainchip, if they have not already applied.

"European Chips Act - Questions and Answers

The Chips for Europe initiative will be implemented by the Digital Europe and the Horizon Europe programmes, using for most of its actions the new EU Chips Joint Undertaking. Digital Europe supports digital capacity building in key digital domains: this is the case where semiconductor technology underpins performance gains, notably High Performance Computing, Artificial Intelligence, and Cybersecurity, together with skills development and the deployment of digital innovation hubs.

The EU has a history of successful collaboration with industry in the framework of different programmes and actions in Research, Development & Innovation (R&D&I) in semiconductors e.g. in relevant Joint Undertakings, i.e. Public-Private Partnerships for research, development and innovation such as ECSEL and the Key Digital Technologies partnership (KDT).

The strategy underlying the EU Chips Act will mobilise more than €43 billion euros of public and private investments. This public investment includes € 11 billion to be directly provided under the Chips for Europe Initiative to finance technology leadership in research, design and manufacturing capacities up to 2030.

..."
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/qanda_22_730

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone,

I have been reading about the possible future valuations of Brainchip on this forum however I come to a significantly lower figure than has been proposed. Would someone please check my figures and let me know what I have done wrong. I am not downramping, I genuinely want to know what I have done wrong in my calculations. The following are examples only and are hypothetical examples only as we won’t know the actual figures for a while.

I would greatly appreciate feedback on the following.

The best guess TAM at the moment is US$70B however this will rise significantly in the future.

I have provided two scenarios, the first being ADIDA being in 10% of the devices that make up the TAM of $70B and the second being in 50% of the devices that make up the TAM of $100B.

The Edge TAM is US$70B

Hypothetically AKIDA is in 10% of the devices that make up the TAM, therefore $70B x 10% = $7B

Therefore 5% of $7B is approx. $350M

Assuming Brainchip has $50m in expenses (best guess) the profit would be approx. $300M

Using a PE of 25 the MC would be approx. US$7.5B

That would give an approx. share price of US$4.15

The Edge TAM is US$100B

Hypothetically AKIDA is in 50% of the devices that make up the TAM, therefore $100B x 50% = $50B

Therefore 5% of $50B is approx. $2.5B

Assuming Brainchip has $50m in expenses (best guess) the profit would be approx. $2.45B

Using a PE of 25 the MC would be approx. US$61.25B

That would give an approx. share price of US$34.00
I think you need to consider AKIDA is a semiconductor then consider the following:

“The global automotive semiconductor market size was US$ 40.1 billion in 2021. The global automotive semiconductor market is forecast to grow to US$ 68.1 billion by 2030 by growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% during the forecast period from 2022 to 2030.18 Apr 2022
1652180718815.png

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw › n...”

You are looking at TAM if you applied TAM to motor vehicles it would be much more than 68 billion which is just for the semiconductors which AKIDA is going to replace.

You are taking the total cost of the vacuum cleaner and applying your discount to arrive at the value of the semiconductors. This discount has already been done.

Hope this assists.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 24 users

Baisyet

Regular
Thanks @Dang Son for the explanation.

No I am not suggesting you personally should do anything more.

My statement have a plan is as simple as that. It seems clear to me that some retail investors do not have any sort of plan.

They have never taken the time to ask what will I do if ‘X’ happens. They have never taken the time to sit down with their partner and say this is what I think we should do if ‘X’ occurs and have an agreed position.

I feel confident that there are retail holders who now are saying to themselves “Why didn’t we sell enough when it hit $2.34 to pay off the mortgage or the credit cards or paint the house or replace the car.”

I am not saying there is one perfect plan that suits every investors circumstances. What I am saying is not having any sort of plan is a receipe for disappointment.

My plan is to hold my key shares until the total value of my portfolio is “X” then reassess my plan.

I believe that between now and 2025 unless Puto blows up the world I will reach that target value.

I accept that the values of my shares will swing around just like they did today but I cannot control that .

By doing my research and being part of the 1,000 Eyes I am completely confident that nothing can come out of left field to destroy the fundamentals of Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF I had my utmost respect and I have it now and I will have it tomorrow for you. The way you put out everything so clear to all of us be it plan be it future growth be it where it leads us.
cant thank you enough for giving us what you have given us so far. cant thank you enough.
There are few others who gives us different point of view of BRN and I thank all of you the reason i didnt put the name is if i miss one name that will be disrespect. so thank you all for all those effort. If some of you are in NSW hope to meet you all one day.
cheers

• Love
Reactions: 26 users

cosors

👀
Lawyers even old retired ones are all about the fine print. Under Industrial on the new website the following appears:

automated decisions.
Finally, the need for machine learning to add classification categories without disrupting output is critical.
High performance (inferences/second), remarkable efficiency (microwatt), and one-shot on-chip learning, bring optimized productivity, reduced downtime, and improved security to your factory floor.
BrainChip has demonstrated and deployed capabilities for industrial applications including:
  • Object classification
  • Robotics control for vision, audition, tactile
  • Quality control
  • Machine control and preventative maintenance
industrial_2x.png

BrainChip works with industrial leaders to make their manufacturing environments smarter, more productive, and fundamentally secure.

Now in the fine print above the following appears:

"BrainChip has demonstrated and deployed capabilities for industrial applications including:
  • Object classification
  • Quality control
  • Machine control and preventative maintenance"
As far as I am aware BrainChip has not released details of an EAP yet who meets the description of a customer that would need these capabilities deployed in an industrial setting. Yet here it is stated as FACT. So I expect it has to be true. Why? Well this new website is not aimed at retail investors it is aimed at customers.

So suppose I am a customer and I ring up and after suitably verifying who I am and my genuine need to know I say can I see how one of these deployed object classifications, robotic controlled vision, audition, tactile, quality control or machine control and preventative maintenance is/are running in the real world I am unlikely to be impressed if Rob Telson replies sorry that is just for advertising it has not really happened.

So the point of the fine print is Brainchip must be considerably advanced in these four areas to make such a bold and definite statement and it strikes me that when we finally know who the remaining EAP's are that are expected to convert at least one will be engaged in the industrial use of AKIDA technology for these capabilities because these are the included deployed capabilities of which there are other capabilities deployed but not listed, based once again on the fine print.

So who are these INDUSTRIAL LEADERS that Brainchip is working with is the question?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
"So who are these INDUSTRIAL LEADERS that Brainchip is working with is the question?"

When I see the picture I immediately think of KUKA. I think they are the leader in Europe and number three worldwide for robots and automation. They were taken over hostilely by the Chinese company Midea; a bitter loss for Germany, the politicians could not prevent it and acted too late. I think because of that case, even European laws were adjusted because it was considered critical. Midea has founded a joint company for robotics with Yaskawa (the fifth largest).

From my work with robots in industry, I know how important part recognition is. This started a few years ago and will soon be the standard. Before, parts had to be sorted to be able to grab them. To be able to grab the parts unsorted is much cheaper. And for welding, riveting, gluing or simply joining or screwing, they always had to be programmed exactly with coordinates beforehand, be teached manually. With good recognition and machine learning, this can be done much more easily and cost-effectively. If I were to go back in time and imagine the robot cell having Akida's recognition and machine learning, I would have started howling with joy; a revolution!
I would bet that those are KUKA robots in the picture and when I think of China I think of RISC-V.
But these are just my thoughts and assumptions.
1652184250904.png
KR 500 FORTEC.jpg

https://www.kuka.com/en-de/products/robot-systems/industrial-robots
https://www.midea-group.com/

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Lawyers even old retired ones are all about the fine print. Under Industrial on the new website the following appears:

automated decisions.
Finally, the need for machine learning to add classification categories without disrupting output is critical.
High performance (inferences/second), remarkable efficiency (microwatt), and one-shot on-chip learning, bring optimized productivity, reduced downtime, and improved security to your factory floor.
BrainChip has demonstrated and deployed capabilities for industrial applications including:
  • Object classification
  • Quality control
  • Machine control and preventative maintenance
industrial_2x.png

BrainChip works with industrial leaders to make their manufacturing environments smarter, more productive, and fundamentally secure.

Now in the fine print above the following appears:

"BrainChip has demonstrated and deployed capabilities for industrial applications including:
  • Object classification
  • Quality control
  • Machine control and preventative maintenance"
As far as I am aware BrainChip has not released details of an EAP yet who meets the description of a customer that would need these capabilities deployed in an industrial setting. Yet here it is stated as FACT. So I expect it has to be true. Why? Well this new website is not aimed at retail investors it is aimed at customers.

So suppose I am a customer and I ring up and after suitably verifying who I am and my genuine need to know I say can I see how one of these deployed object classifications, robotic controlled vision, audition, tactile, quality control or machine control and preventative maintenance is/are running in the real world I am unlikely to be impressed if Rob Telson replies sorry that is just for advertising it has not really happened.

So the point of the fine print is Brainchip must be considerably advanced in these four areas to make such a bold and definite statement and it strikes me that when we finally know who the remaining EAP's are that are expected to convert at least one will be engaged in the industrial use of AKIDA technology for these capabilities because these are the included deployed capabilities of which there are other capabilities deployed but not listed, based once again on the fine print.

So who are these INDUSTRIAL LEADERS that Brainchip is working with is the question?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

OMRON Global as one gets my vote. ☑️

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
Hi Cosors - was this just POLITICAL SPEAK- this was out with the Minister a few months ago-😎😎😎👍

There is a slight difference in the TOTAL EURO Investment

Reactions: 2 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist
Cosors- maybe - WE CAN WORK TOGETHER-:)(y)(y)

Attachments

• IMG_8989 (002).JPG
    IMG_8989 (002).JPG
    644.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

JB49

Regular
Noticed Rob Telson liked BMW CEO post about the new i7. BMW website talks about the new i7 having "artificial intelligence"

Screenshot_20220510-231019_Chrome.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users
Top Bottom