BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
is there an opportunity for Lidar to work on consensus? and by that i mean, literally communicate with one another and form an opinion on what a given environment looks like.

ie a mesh network where all the " receivers " within range talk with one another to adopt a view of a given environment? So lets say Car A is travelling North and surveying the road ahead. Car B is travelling South "handshakes" Car A and the two compare notes on the shared interpretation of the terrain and risks until they pass...

I dived down a rabbit hole on Near Earth Automation and bent my brain on the potentialities for 4 cars sitting at an intersection all sharing real time Lidar data of both physical elements and moving targets like pedestrians.

If all information is sorted at the Edge as individual "sensors".. then uplinked to a global view, weight could be granted to the "best perspective" of a given obstacle, then a consensus adopted and fed back to all participants. The same provides an opportunity to cancel noise within a "radar congested" environment..

Thoughts?
There are proposals (and patents) for AVs to communicate with one another.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
There are proposals (and patents) for AVs to communicate with one another.
I read one where they all communicated with traffic signals as well to determine optimum traffic flow in real time. FF

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

jtardif999

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
Did everyone catch the comment in the podcast what also attracted us to Brainchip was “that you already HAD traction in the market”.
Very interesting given when Megachips came in board. There is obviously a lot going on of which we know nothing!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

Dang Son

Regular
Spot on, impressive as usual Dio!

I was lost down a different rabbit hole.

From memory the group had some organisations we were involved with so I’m thinking Valeo. Bosch was another.

I’ll see if I can find that list again.

If we could become the industry standard it would be beyond awesome; and there’s a possibility it could happen.

Cheers
"If we could become the industry standard it would be beyond awesome; and there’s a possibility it could happen."
Here's Hoping .
Such standardization may also provide capabilities for the AV's to connect and communicate to make appropriate collision avoidance navigation decisions between one and other at the edge. ??:unsure:

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I believe Schneider Electrics is a customer of Renasas. Here's an excerpt from an article published two days ago which talks about their focus on edge computing.

(Extract)

“This is where Edge computing comes into the picture,” said Lim. “AI requires robust compute capabilities in the Edge environment for faster processing. With these capabilities, Edge data centres are able to focus on keeping data on location for faster processing, higher security, and more efficient performance.”

Edge Computing Pushes AI to Do More

Edge computing offers much-needed speed for organisations that can be burdened with a large volume of raw data from AI. Processing is done on-site while the system’s speed allows for timely output of analysis. Latency is reduced significantly, allowing for real-time decision making.
In an industrial or large-scale setting, the availability of real-time decision-making saves money, effort and reduces the occurrence of the most feared element: unplanned downtime. Accurate data also gives industrial players the ability to predict machine failures and implement predictive maintenance without disrupting the production capabilities. On the other hand, the volume and nature of data handled by each business are subject to security vulnerabilities, both physical and digital.

Accessibility and device compatibility is one of the biggest security risks in data centres where third party plug ins and IoT devices can mean more than just convenience. Edge computing secures sensitive data in the furthest point possible on a company’s network. In short, Edge computing can isolate and protect data as well.
Moreover, with speed, security and convenience offered by Edge, businesses will be able to reach their customers faster, more accurately and keep them engaged in a relevant manner. With the power of AI processing, businesses can gain competitive advantage by engaging with their customers more precisely and predicting their needs. And when combined with Edge, Edge AI can unlock new possibilities for the way businesses interact with their customers.

“These are just some of Schneider Electric’s efforts around Edge, together with the support of the Internet of Things (IOT) and AI, across two industries which have experience positive changes in the way they do business,” explains Lim. “At Schneider Electric, we aim to help our partners improve the way their businesses operate through highly-connected and resilient digital solutions.”

The Future of AI

In a nutshell, the combination of AI and Edge computing leads to faster computing and insights, improved data security, as well as more efficient control over operations. There is something even more exciting on the horizon. AI, that are already optimised by Edge functionalities, will receive a further boost for seamless operations through the 5G rollout, which is among the most anticipated technologies in 2022.

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I thought it was great that Doug highligted Akida's versatility when he said something alone these lines "There is a need for more than one solution. There isn't a single thing that fits all applications but one of the things that we feel strongly about the BrainChip solution is that it fits into a wide variety of applications."

When asked about what excites him most about BrainChip he mentions the value in terms of:
  • it being a small, low cost, low power solution where "virtually every customer has a concern and the BrainChip solution has immediate attraction"
  • the on-chip learning capability
  • the "real traction in the marketplace" and the validation from customers
It's pretty clear from what Doug said that we can expect to see Akida in the NEAR-TERM in the following areas:
  • cameras
  • gaming
  • appliances
  • Industrial applications such as anomaly detection and preventative maintenance
For the LONGER-TERM (which I guess is 3-5 years) he seemed very excited about:
  • "very large" opportunities in automotive.
The 'more than one solution' may be an oblique reference to MegaChips' other AI partner Quadric. They are tied to von Neumann and software
Podcast up.

11:10 - what excites MegaChips about Akida?
11:40 - (paraphrase) what surprised us was the customers zeroed in on the ability (of Akida) to learn on chip - they understood the utility of this feature.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
D

Deleted member 118

Did everyone catch the comment in the podcast what also attracted us to Brainchip was “that you already HAD traction in the market”.
Very interesting given when Megachips came in board. There is obviously a lot going on of which we know nothing!
I think megachips were onboard a lot earlier than we think and I recon the announcement was made when megachips were ready to go live with something beneficial for there customers to purchase.
Ps
That’s my sensible written post done for the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

Bravo

More on Schneider Electrics...

Extract

HONG KONG SAR – Media OutReach – 29 April 2022 – Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, today unveiled findings from a newly commissioned IDC White Paper entitled, Succeeding at Digital First Connected Operations, that highlights the power of edge computing in enabling the shift to a digital-first world. The white paper details responses from over 1,000 IT and operations professionals across industrial, healthcare, education, and other verticals as well as a series of in-depth interviews with industrial enterprises. Respondents were global, representing firms in the United States, China, Japan, Germany, The United Kingdom, India, and Ireland. The organizations ranged in size from 100 to more than 1,000 employees. Responses provided insights about the factors driving edge investments, the challenges firms faced while deploying to the edge, obstacles to continued investment, and strategic recommendations to future-proof edge capabilities.

“As organizations seek to create new or improved experiences for customers and to become more operationally efficient, improve safety and security, and become more sustainable, they are leaning more on digital technologies. The white paper examines the crucial role that edge computing and edge deployments play in enabling digital-first, connected operations,” says Chris Hanley, SVP, Commercial Operations & Global Channels, leading edge commercial strategy, Schneider Electric. “It highlights strategies that IT professional and decision makers can adopt to future proof their edge computing capabilities to support remote, connected, secure, reliable, resilient, and sustainable operations.”

Edge computing is one of the major enablers of a digital-first paradigm. In fact, the most common use cases of edge infrastructure include cybersecurity systems to monitor the operational network locally as well as storing and processing operational data to bring it to the cloud. Further, when organizations were asked why they were investing in edge computing to support these workloads, respondents cited, “improve cybersecurity” (50%) and “systems resiliency and reliability” (44%). Yet, there are various challenges that organizations must overcome to ensure their edge infrastructure, and thus, their connected operations, are resilient and reliable. Despite the promise of the edge, many organizations report connectivity and power outage concerns. In fact, 32% of respondents have experienced a “lack of connectivity or slow connectivity” with their edge deployments. Further, 31% have experienced a “utility power outage or power surge lasting more than 60 seconds.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
Curious how legit these sorts of sites are?

Apparently site on Vendor analysis, products / contacts...hmmm...at least they have us listed haha

Quadrant About.jpg
Quadrant.jpg
Quadrant List 1.jpg
Quadrant List 2.jpg
Quadrant List 3.jpg
Quadrant List 4.jpg
Markets & Markets.jpg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
I believe Schneider Electrics is a customer of Renasas. Here's an excerpt from an article published two days ago which talks about their focus on edge computing.

(Extract)

“This is where Edge computing comes into the picture,” said Lim. “AI requires robust compute capabilities in the Edge environment for faster processing. With these capabilities, Edge data centres are able to focus on keeping data on location for faster processing, higher security, and more efficient performance.”

Edge Computing Pushes AI to Do More

Edge computing offers much-needed speed for organisations that can be burdened with a large volume of raw data from AI. Processing is done on-site while the system’s speed allows for timely output of analysis. Latency is reduced significantly, allowing for real-time decision making.
In an industrial or large-scale setting, the availability of real-time decision-making saves money, effort and reduces the occurrence of the most feared element: unplanned downtime. Accurate data also gives industrial players the ability to predict machine failures and implement predictive maintenance without disrupting the production capabilities. On the other hand, the volume and nature of data handled by each business are subject to security vulnerabilities, both physical and digital.

Accessibility and device compatibility is one of the biggest security risks in data centres where third party plug ins and IoT devices can mean more than just convenience. Edge computing secures sensitive data in the furthest point possible on a company’s network. In short, Edge computing can isolate and protect data as well.
Moreover, with speed, security and convenience offered by Edge, businesses will be able to reach their customers faster, more accurately and keep them engaged in a relevant manner. With the power of AI processing, businesses can gain competitive advantage by engaging with their customers more precisely and predicting their needs. And when combined with Edge, Edge AI can unlock new possibilities for the way businesses interact with their customers.

“These are just some of Schneider Electric’s efforts around Edge, together with the support of the Internet of Things (IOT) and AI, across two industries which have experience positive changes in the way they do business,” explains Lim. “At Schneider Electric, we aim to help our partners improve the way their businesses operate through highly-connected and resilient digital solutions.”

The Future of AI

In a nutshell, the combination of AI and Edge computing leads to faster computing and insights, improved data security, as well as more efficient control over operations. There is something even more exciting on the horizon. AI, that are already optimised by Edge functionalities, will receive a further boost for seamless operations through the 5G rollout, which is among the most anticipated technologies in 2022.

Speaking of electronics this was a prior post of mine from the old world back in January.

Omron also have links with Renesas and have annual sales of over USD$5b. They also employ 30,000 employees globally. #huge.

---------------

Looks like BrainChip is continuing to pique the interest of high end electronics companies. For those interested there is a couple of acknowledgements from Australian based Omron employees (Application Engineer + BDM) correlated with todays update on LinkedIn.

Omron Australia is focused on Industrial Automation Solutions for the following industries - Automotive, Electronics/Semiconductor, Food & Commodities, Panel Builders, Robotics and Other.

Omron was established in 1933, is based in Kyoto Japan, has 28,000 + employees and had net sales of JPY655.5 billion (USD5.7bn) in 2020. This is directly comparable to Renesas (JPY715.5 billion in 2020).

https://www.omron.com/global/en/
https://www.omron.com.au/
https://web.omron-ap.com/omron-automation/solutions/

1651545001752.png

https://www.linkedin.com/

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
The exciting part about this podcast from my personal perspective is that while I enjoyed all bar one of the podcasts in the series to date they all continued to tap dance around in the rehearsal room but not this time.

What I as an investor want to know is 'are you using the technology in a way that will in the near term bring a commercial product to market?'.

The statements we have had from SiFive and Nviso are about what they are intending to do with Brainchip in real world products but do not quite appear to have lined up customers in the wings who they are deeply into discussions with and in saying this they could well have but are still tap dancing around in the rehearsal room on this question to a great extent.

In this podcast Doug has moved onto the stage for a full blown performance and has nominated four market sectors where MegaChips expects products containing AKIDA technology to appear

Gaming - (think Nintendo),

Appliances - (think anyone as they have kept their customers a complete secret)

Cameras - (think Sanyo because of their known relationship), and

Industrial - (think any company that has machinery needing to be monitored for vibration).

So in one podcast with a real world semiconductor producer we have received confirmation of customers and near term products and the most credible links to both Nintendo and Sanyo you could hope to have.

So our list of engagements from customers, early adopters, partners, and the highly probable keeps on growing.

My present list:

Mercedes Benz
Valeo
NASA
DARPA
Vorago
Renesas
MegaChips
Sanyo
Nintendo
Ford
Socionext
Biotome
Nanose
ISL
Intellisense
Tata
Nvidia
DELL Technologies
SiFive
Nviso
Honda
Panasonic
- (recent addition via Nvismo)

I do not know about anyone else but if you add up the market cap of these companies it is starting to look like Brainchip can claim to be achieving traction in the market place not only of sufficient weight to impress Doug and Co at MegaChips but perhaps an institution like ARK Investments.

When will the majority be prepared to admit that Peter van der Made's statement that there will be an 'explosion in sales' is actually underway.

Imagine what is likely to occur second half of this year when the Marketing guru Jerome Nadel's plan to raise Brainchip's profile with industry commences to be unveiled.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 80 users
D

Deleted member 118

The exciting part about this podcast from my personal perspective is that while I enjoyed all bar one of the podcasts in the series to date they all continued to tap dance around in the rehearsal room but not this time.

What I as an investor want to know is 'are you using the technology in a way that will in the near term bring a commercial product to market?'.

The statements we have had from SiFive and Nviso are about what they are intending to do with Brainchip in real world products but do not quite appear to have lined up customers in the wings who they are deeply into discussions with and in saying this they could well have but are still tap dancing around in the rehearsal room on this question to a great extent.

In this podcast Doug has moved onto the stage for a full blown performance and has nominated four market sectors where MegaChips expects products containing AKIDA technology to appear

Industrial - (think any company that has machinery needing to be monitored for vibration).

So in one podcast with a real world semiconductor producer we have received confirmation of customers and near term products and the most credible links to both Nintendo and Sanyo you could hope to have.

So our list of engagements from customers, early adopters, partners, and the highly probable keeps on growing.

My present list:

Mercedes Benz
Valeo
NASA
DARPA
Vorago
Renesas
MegaChips
Sanyo
Nintendo
Ford
Socionext
Biotome
Nanose
ISL
Intellisense
Tata
Nvidia
DELL Technologies
SiFive
Nviso
Honda

I do not know about anyone else but if you add up the market cap of these companies it is starting to look like Brainchip can claim to be achieving traction in the market place not only of sufficient weight to impress Doug and Co at MegaChips but perhaps an institution like ARK Investments.

When will the majority be prepared to admit that Peter van der Made's statement that there will be an 'explosion in sales' is actually underway.

Imagine what is likely to occur second half of this year when the Marketing guru Jerome Nadel's plan to raise Brainchip's profile with industry commences to be unveiled.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I’m thinking more Panasonic when it comes to cameras

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20

My present list:

Mercedes Benz
Valeo
NASA
DARPA
Vorago
Renesas
MegaChips
Sanyo
Nintendo
Ford
Socionext
Biotome
Nanose
ISL
Intellisense
Tata
Nvidia
DELL Technologies
SiFive
Nviso
Honda

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Well it looks like a synergistic relationship. MegaChips are starting a push to get into the US market, and BrainChip have built a strong network of potential customers in the US.

MegaChips forte is facilitating the design of bespoke chips.

Now MegaChips can offer a way for the potential customers to have Akida IP incorporated into silicon for their products.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users
Reactions: 2 users

Moonshot

Regular

Liked by Rob Telson…. Apple -if only

Attachments

• 1E40D52E-93DA-42DA-AE6D-CB595371D37D.jpeg
    1E40D52E-93DA-42DA-AE6D-CB595371D37D.jpeg
    554.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

Uuuummmm.. WOW! The Air Force intends to fast-track the development of new drones and the Head of the Air Force Secretary Frank Kendal said he is he’s "excited about advancements in technology related to “autonomous behaviors” and artificial intelligence-enabled “decision support.”

OMG! Is this AKIDA that he's referring too?

Published just 3 hours ago!!!!!!

😲😲😲

Extract

While larger-scale procurement of unmanned combat aircraft is still “a few years out,” Kendall said he’s excited about advancements in technology related to “autonomous behaviors” and artificial intelligence-enabled “decision support,” citing the Air Force Research Lab’s Skyborg program, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency’s Air Combat Evolution (ACE) program and Australia’s Loyal Wingman program as examples.
“The gamble that I’m making in the TacAir case for sure is that we’re going to go ahead with uncrewed combat aircraft,” he said. “We’re going to integrate those [technologies] into an operational capability and field it, and it’ll be the first time we’ve done that.”
The drones could carry a variety of payloads such as sensors, communication systems, weapons, and self-defense capabilities, he said.
“We’re going to open up a whole range of tactical behaviors, and I think the technologies are there to support this now and I don’t think we need to wait for more development on that,” Kendall said.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 62 users
D

Deleted member 118

Have they been linked to MegaChips in the past?
FF
Don’t know I searched both companies and cameras and came up with 3, but the cameras do look like something that could have Akida inside.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Moonshot

Regular

Attachments

• AA2F155A-13CB-47AF-8EA5-8BC20996CFBA.jpeg
    AA2F155A-13CB-47AF-8EA5-8BC20996CFBA.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Uuuummmm.. WOW! The Air Force intends to fast-track the development of new drones and the Head of the Air Force Secretary Frank Kendal said he is he’s "excited about advancements in technology related to “autonomous behaviors” and artificial intelligence-enabled “decision support.”

OMG! Is this AKIDA that he's referring too?

Published just 3 hours ago!!!!!!

😲😲😲

Extract

While larger-scale procurement of unmanned combat aircraft is still “a few years out,” Kendall said he’s excited about advancements in technology related to “autonomous behaviors” and artificial intelligence-enabled “decision support,” citing the Air Force Research Lab’s Skyborg program, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency’s Air Combat Evolution (ACE) program and Australia’s Loyal Wingman program as examples.
“The gamble that I’m making in the TacAir case for sure is that we’re going to go ahead with uncrewed combat aircraft,” he said. “We’re going to integrate those [technologies] into an operational capability and field it, and it’ll be the first time we’ve done that.”
The drones could carry a variety of payloads such as sensors, communication systems, weapons, and self-defense capabilities, he said.
“We’re going to open up a whole range of tactical behaviors, and I think the technologies are there to support this now and I don’t think we need to wait for more development on that,” Kendall said.

Maybe this is why ScoMo stopped research funding for drones in Australia a month or so ago - we're going to buy (fund) the US development.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom