BRN Discussion Ongoing

Jumpchooks

Regular
Hi @Diogenese

I read this somewhere and it was that an autonomous vehicle to be given life will need more than one source of sensory input and if one of the inputs is in conflict majority will rule.

This necessity for multiple sources necessitates ultra low latency processing hence why AKIDA technology is essential.

The second thing I would say is I remember from high school science something about angles of incidence equaling angles of refraction. So assuming my Lidar sends out one pulse of light which collides with an object I can expect that pulse to come back at a known angle and in a time frame which will tell me by reference to these two things, time and angle, the distance and the location of the object.

As I am very clever if the angle does not match the time then I will know that the pulse of light hitting my sensor is not the pulse of light I sent out and therefore must be @Diogenese fooling around with the laser pointer he got for Christmas.

Now in there somewhere which is well above my pay grade is the Doppler Effect but I think I will leave that to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Suffice to say I think random pulses of light must always be in play even if @Diogenese is the only one who could not sleep and has gone for a drive in the early hours to watch the transit of Venus or something.

Having more than one sensor and majority rules will deal with this issue of random inputs.

My opinion only made up completely out of my own head with nothing but high school science DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The best example I can give is reflectors. Reflector tape only shines back at the light source.

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20

First of all I am a Luddite, with some science knowledge. Is that the equivalent of Accidental Radio Jamming? or interference?
In a nutshell, it's like trying to retrieve a squash shot from the back corner with your $200 cane racquet which you destroy against the wall in the attempt, only different (sob, sob, ...)

... and if you're old enuf to remember cane squash racquets, you'll know I don't harbour a grudge ... for very long.

Now what brought that up?

Oh yes, "jamming" - yep - that's it in a nutshell - nutshells are quite small so you have to jam it in.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
In a nutshell, it's like trying to retrieve a squash shot from the back corner with your $200 cane racquet which you destroy against the wall in the attempt, only different (sob, sob, ...)

... and if you're old enuf to remember cane squash racquets, you'll know I don't harbour a grudge ... for very long.

Now what brought that up?

Oh yes, "jamming" - yep - that's it in a nutshell - nutshells are quite small so you have to jam it in.
Diogenese Pty Ltd (incorporated in Seychelles) apologizes for the previous post, but pleads provocation because someone posted Monty Python above.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
https://inf.news/en/auto/57edfd13b8e2e5639cfeda7254b4395c.html

Interesting article. Great validation where Neuromorphic computing is headed. But does not mention Brainchip which is interesting.

BMW signs contract with synsense using Neuromorphic SOC.

I was not aware synsense had a market ready Neuromorphic SOC.

I think they call it DYNAP

DYNAP technology (Dynamic Neurormorphic Asynchronous Processor

Anyone with more tech ability want to find out what this is and how it competes against Akida?

It’s obviously a different rout to Neuromorphic tech than a SNN or there might be a breach in patents?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Australia needs a person like you in Politics, I have no idea of your leaning but I would love to see a brain like yours supporting the Left, you would be an asset and the country would benefit for your contribution. You sound like a nice bloke. Just imagine FF for Attorney General ,,, whhooo whoooo !
I doubt it.

I am too right wing for the left.

Too left wing for the right.

Too outspoken for the centre.

In short I am the perfect dictator to put in charge of a democratically elected parliament with the absolute power to veto all stupid decisions.

Only one problem. I lack the prerequisite necessary to be appointed to the position I am not the first born son of the Queen. 😞

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

cosors

👀

Just a refresher for all of us :)

AI player BrainChip on a roll; signs two contracts within a month​

via KalkineMedia

Artificial Intelligence is expected to have a firm grip on the market in the upcoming future. A recent report published in May 2020 by the Australian Government highlighted that there is a variety of high-profile demonstrations of Artificial Intelligence and significant progress has been made in fields of self-driving cars, gameplaying machines and virtual assistant. Further, AI has had a considerable role to play in managing the current COVID-19 crisis.

During the last decade, there have been five vital areas where significant growth has been witnessed. These include:

• Image understanding
  • Intelligent decision making
  • Artificial creativity
  • Natural Language Processing
  • physical automation
The scope of AI is not exhaustive. However, the above five regions have shown a significant change in the past ten years.

ASX-listed BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN) is one such technology company that is engaged in developing innovative neuromorphic processor that brings AI to the edge in a manner that is beyond the abilities of other neural network devices. The solution is high-speed, small, low power. It allows a broad range of edge abilities comprising continual learning, local training, and interpretation.

BRN, during April 2020, introduced its AKD1000 to spectators at the Processor Virtual Conference by the Linley Group. The AKD1000’s neural processor is capable of running a normal Convolutional neural network by transforming it into event-based, letting it to execute incremental learning and transfer it on a chip.

CNN or Convolutional neural network is a type of deep neural network used for analysing images. These have specially designed architecture that makes them comparatively easy to train, even for relatively deep networks.

After the introduction of AKD1000, BrainChip has recently signed two agreements, post which the Company noted a significant improvement in its share price in the past couple of weeks. BRN shares, which settled at A$0.058 on 22 May 2020 reached A$0.120 on 9 June 2020, representing a growth of ~106.9%.

On 9 June 2020, the share price skyrocketed after the release of the Company’s announcement related to its Joint agreement with Valeo Corporation. The stock settled at A$0.110 on 10 June 2020, down 8.333%.

Let us look at the two recent deals signed by the Company that led to the stock rally.

Joint Agreement with Tier-1 Automotive Supplier

On 8 June 2020, Brainchip Holdings Ltd entered a joint development pact using BRN’s Akida neuromorphic SoC with Valeo Corporation, a Tier-1 European automotive supplier of sensors as well as systems for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and Autonomous Vehicles (AV).

Under the agreement, certain performance milestones & payments that are anticipated to include the Company’s expenditures. The term of the deal is specified by the accomplishment of performance goals & the accessibility of the Akida devices. Each party has the option to end the agreement for convenience with specific notification.

The confirmation of the Company’s Akida device by a Tier-1 supplier of sensors & systems to the automotive industry is believed to be significant progress.

In ADAS & AV applications, the real-time processing of data is vital for security as well as dependability of the autonomous systems. From the automotive industry, the suppliers, as well as the manufacturers, have acknowledged that the advanced & highly efficient neuromorphic nature of the Akida SoC makes it ideally fit to process data at the “Edge” for their advanced system solutions.

With the integration of the Akida neural network processor with sensors, the subsequent system can attain ultra-low power, min. latency, max. reliability & incremental learning.

The Akida neural processor’s game-changing high performance & ultra-low power utilisation allows smart sensor combination by resolving power and footprint difficulties for a range of sensor technologies. Further, it consumes less power than alternative AI solutions and simultaneously maintaining the necessary performance as well as accuracy in a fraction of the physical space.

Agreement with Ford Motor Company for the Evaluation of AkidaTM Neural Processor

On 24 May 2020, the Company signed a joint agreement with Detroit-based Company for evaluation of the Akida neural network System-on-Chip for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems & Autonomous Vehicle applications.

The evaluation agreement was binding on execution which was signed into with Ford Motor Company and is not the subject of a fixed term. The deal is based upon a partnership to assess Akida as it relates to the automotive industry & payments under the agreement proposed to cover related expenses and received periodically during the evaluation process.

Akida NSoC has an advanced and highly efficient neuromorphic nature, and the partners in the collaboration have also realised that these features provide a broad range of potential solutions to complex problems such as driver behaviour assessments and real-time object detection.

The Akida NSoC exemplifies ground-breaking Neural Processing computing tools for Edge AI systems and gadgets. Each Akida NSoC has 10 billion synapses and 1.2 million neurons, demonstrating orders of magnitude improved effectiveness than other neural processing devices available.

The unique combination of meagre power, high performance and on-chip learning enables for real-time processing at the sensor along with continuous learning. The objective is to facilitate personalisation of every driver’s understanding in real time & constant updates to the system with the change in the environmental condition
Thanks for the refresher!
Just read this and then your post. )

"...AI has had a considerable role to play in managing the current COVID-19 crisis."

There are no coincidences only unpredictabilities, yet.

"

BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS – WHEN WILL THE CONSOLIDATION PHASE END?​

The technology company impresses with innovations such as the development of a neuromorphic processor called Akida. In addition, the company has managed to secure several patents in the recent past. The protection of the processor design by the US Patent Office is particularly noteworthy. Part of the patent is the so-called Spiking Neural Network (SNN), which imitates the functioning of the human brain by folding input information . Customers include the US military and Daimler.

Two recent collaborations also stand out. First, the collaboration with NaNose Medical. With the company, a portable corona virus test device is to be developed on the basis of the Akida chip, which detects a virus load purely from the breathing air. This procedure therefore takes effect at a much earlier stage, is faster and is said to be more reliable than a PCR test.

Secondly, the cooperation with nViso SA should be mentioned. Their solutions make it possible to analyze human behavior signals such as facial expressions, emotions, gestures and activities based on which users interact. Possible applications are identified in the fields of robots and monitoring systems . The recently published quarterly figures were disappointing in the eyes of some market participants. The share certificates are currently trading at just under AUD 1, which means that the company is valued at around AUD 1.7 billion or EUR 1.1 billion.
."
https://www.kapitalerhoehungen.de/kommentare/adler-group-brainchip-verbio-spannende-entwicklungen#BrainChip_Holdings_%E2%80%93_Wann_endet_die_Konsolidierungsphase?

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Brainchip postet and i am exciting and I look forward to it!!!

Our Podcast with Doug Fairbairn, Director of Business Development at MegaChips will go live tomorrow May 3rd at 4:00pm Pacific. It will populate here when released: https://lnkd.in/gmeZUgr #podcast #AI #edgeai

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users
D

Deleted member 118

I received another email this morning after I asked where he can see Brainchip being involved. His reply-

‘Nothing will come out of this neuromorphic silicon neurons approaches. Brainchip is behind Intel and they can’t make it!’

He also stated in a previous email-

‘I believe there is no future of neural board replicating neurons, the use is very limited, HOTS as an example could work on a spiking neural network but this is not silicon friendly. The idea is to adapt what you want to compute to the available substrate.’

🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Tweet from BrainChip just now

• Fire
Reactions: 32 users

mototrans

Regular
Thanks Taproot,

This may help convince @Fact Finder that I wasn't blathering on just to air my tonsils.

And, of course, Akida is perfect for sieving out the specific digitally coded radar signals from each individual vehicle.

is there an opportunity for Lidar to work on consensus? and by that i mean, literally communicate with one another and form an opinion on what a given environment looks like.

ie a mesh network where all the " receivers " within range talk with one another to adopt a view of a given environment? So lets say Car A is travelling North and surveying the road ahead. Car B is travelling South "handshakes" Car A and the two compare notes on the shared interpretation of the terrain and risks until they pass...

I dived down a rabbit hole on Near Earth Automation and bent my brain on the potentialities for 4 cars sitting at an intersection all sharing real time Lidar data of both physical elements and moving targets like pedestrians.

If all information is sorted at the Edge as individual "sensors".. then uplinked to a global view, weight could be granted to the "best perspective" of a given obstacle, then a consensus adopted and fed back to all participants. The same provides an opportunity to cancel noise within a "radar congested" environment..

Thoughts?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

chapman89

Founding Member
MegaChip podcast, Rob telson asks a question- “what key areas do you believe will incorporate AI into their product offerings in the short term?”

Answer by Doug Fairbairn-“ so MegaChip already has a significant position in consumer related products, so there are applications in CAMERAS GAMING AND APPLIANCES” which I think are going to yield some near term applications and production opportunities for BOTH OF US

Now does anybody need anymore reassurance, not that we needed anymore, that Brainchip WILL be a very successful company, not IMO, but in the industry experts put customers opinion.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 69 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Just like Warnie's flipper/doozera, you'd be surprised.

See this from the venerable Daily Mail:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...w-theory-completely-change-view-universe.html

Was Einstein WRONG about the speed of light? New theory could completely change our view of the universe​

• Albert Einstein believed the speed of light was constant in a vacuum
  • This constant has formed the basis of many theories in modern physics
  • But the model of inflation leaves a conundrum called the Horizon Problem
  • Physicists believe that light may have travelled faster in the early universe, before slowing to present levels, which could be tested with observations

A bit late, but:

I love to watch Guinness too, but I MUCH prefer drinking it! 😁🍻

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

M_C

Founding Member

BRAINCHIP HOLDINGS - WHEN WILL THE CONSOLIDATION PHASE END?
The Australian technology company impressed with innovations such as the development of a neuromorphic processor called Akida. In addition, the Company managed to secure several patents in the recent past. The protection of the processor design at the US patent office is worth mentioning here. Part of the patent is the so-called Spiking Neural Network (SNN), which imitates the functioning of the human brain by convolution of input information. Customers include the US military and Daimler.

Two recent collaborations stand out as well. First is the partnership with NaNose Medical. A portable coronavirus testing device will be developed with the Company based on the Akida chip, which detects viral contamination purely from the exhaled breath. That means that this procedure takes effect at a much earlier stage, is faster, and is more reliable than a PCR test.

Secondly, there is the collaboration with nViso SA. Their solutions make it possible to analyze human behavior signals such as facial expressions, emotions, gestures and activities based on which users interact. Potential applications are identified in the fields of robotics and surveillance systems.

The recently published quarterly figures were disappointing in the eyes of some market participants. The shares are currently trading at just under AUD 1, valuing the Company at around AUD 1.7 billion or EUR 1.1 billion.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Rskiff

Regular
Podcast up.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users

Slade

Top 20
MegaChip podcast, Rob telson asks a question- “what key areas do you believe will incorporate AI into their product offerings in the short term?”

Answer by Doug Fairbairn-“ so MegaChip already has a significant position in consumer related products, so there are applications in CAMERAS GAMING AND APPLIANCES” which I think are going to yield some near term applications and production opportunities for BOTH OF US

Now does anybody need anymore reassurance, not that we needed anymore, that Brainchip WILL be a very successful company, not IMO, but in the industry experts put customers opinion.
Wow! Where did you see this Chapman? Is the podcast out.

Reactions: 15 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Slade

Top 20
Love it, love it, love it!!!!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Love it, love it, love it!!!!
Great podcast

Lots to look forward to

I like the deviations in the wording so as to not give away specifics in customers etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Iseki

Regular
I received another email this morning after I asked where he can see Brainchip being involved. His reply-

‘Nothing will come out of this neuromorphic silicon neurons approaches. Brainchip is behind Intel and they can’t make it!’

He also stated in a previous email-

‘I believe there is no future of neural board replicating neurons, the use is very limited, HOTS as an example could work on a spiking neural network but this is not silicon friendly. The idea is to adapt what you want to compute to the available substrate.’

🤔
"The idea is to adapt what you want to compute to the available substrate"
... in that case why did nvidia invent the GPU?
Why adapt what you want to yesterdays' paradigms?

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom