BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

Interesting Panasonic product coming to market soon.

The new i-PRO S-series surveillance cameras represent a quantum leap in performance. They deliver the ideal combination of superior imaging technology, advanced camera analytics, video management system (VMS) integration and cost efficiency for numerous applications across virtually every vertical market.
The artificial intelligence (AI) processing embedded in our premium cameras is now available in our flagship line of mid-range cameras, the S-series. The new i-PRO S-series features a built-in AI processor that transforms these advanced surveillance cameras into edge-computing devices, allowing a variety of applications to run simultaneously. Users can select and install the third-party analytics and applications they need without relying on a cloud- or server-based connection. This enables the new i-PRO S-series cameras to meet the requirements where “decisions” have to be made, at the edge.
In addition to enabling advanced analytics at the edge, the AI processor found in the new i-PRO S-series cameras provides stronger H.265 coding efficiency and image processing optimization to help conserve valuable bandwidth and recording storage space. It also has stronger image processing optimization to adapt to the dynamic changing scene environment, such as a backlit daytime area, low-lit room, or night vision. By optimizing image settings, including shutter speed, auto exposure and gamma correction, the new S-series produces a clearer image with less noise to help identify people and objects in low-light conditions.
The new i-PRO S-series cameras also feature sound classification analytics when used with an external mic to set alarms for specific sounds, such as gunshots, screaming, vehicle horns or glass breaking. The added dimension of sound further increases situational awareness beyond the visible viewing area of these intelligent edge solutions.
The new i-PRO S-series is also compatible with i-PRO’s Active Guard, providing an easy-to-use search function to quickly find specific people or vehicles through i-PRO’s Video Insight (VI) and Genetec VMS platforms. This powerful search feature eliminates the need to log into each camera separately to search for events and objects, increasing response times and enhancing overall safety and security.
Currently available in three models, indoor dome, indoor vandal dome and indoor box, the new i-PRO S-series cameras come bundled with AI software analytics, a five-year warranty and a Video Insight VMS camera license. The new i-PRO S-series cameras are also fully compatible with existing S-series mounts and brackets.
With premium features now available on our most popular cameras, the new i-PRO S-series is setting the standard in surveillance cameras.

KEY BENEFITS OF THE PANASONIC i-PRO S-SERIES
  • Built-in AI processor provides advanced edge computing
  • Allows for installation of third-party analytics
  • Analytics do not require cloud or server connection
  • Delivers stronger H.265 coding efficiency
  • Enhanced dynamic range for challenging lighting conditions
  • Superior image quality provides better identification
  • Audio classification triggers alarms for specific sounds
  • Analytics-driven search function by camera for VI and Genetec VMS platforms

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
Uuuummmm.. WOW! The Air Force intends to fast-track the development of new drones and the Head of the Air Force Secretary Frank Kendal said he is he’s "excited about advancements in technology related to “autonomous behaviors” and artificial intelligence-enabled “decision support.”

OMG! Is this AKIDA that he's referring too?

Published just 3 hours ago!!!!!!

😲😲😲

Extract

While larger-scale procurement of unmanned combat aircraft is still “a few years out,” Kendall said he’s excited about advancements in technology related to “autonomous behaviors” and artificial intelligence-enabled “decision support,” citing the Air Force Research Lab’s Skyborg program, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency’s Air Combat Evolution (ACE) program and Australia’s Loyal Wingman program as examples.
“The gamble that I’m making in the TacAir case for sure is that we’re going to go ahead with uncrewed combat aircraft,” he said. “We’re going to integrate those [technologies] into an operational capability and field it, and it’ll be the first time we’ve done that.”
The drones could carry a variety of payloads such as sensors, communication systems, weapons, and self-defense capabilities, he said.
“We’re going to open up a whole range of tactical behaviors, and I think the technologies are there to support this now and I don’t think we need to wait for more development on that,” Kendall said.

Great find @Bravo I wonder what @uiux thinks about this development being our resident guru on all things US Military.

Where are you @uiux can you come out to play today?

@Bravo has a new ball and bat.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
D

Deleted member 118

Uuuummmm.. WOW! The Air Force intends to fast-track the development of new drones and the Head of the Air Force Secretary Frank Kendal said he is he’s "excited about advancements in technology related to “autonomous behaviors” and artificial intelligence-enabled “decision support.”

OMG! Is this AKIDA that he's referring too?

Published just 3 hours ago!!!!!!

😲😲😲

Extract

While larger-scale procurement of unmanned combat aircraft is still “a few years out,” Kendall said he’s excited about advancements in technology related to “autonomous behaviors” and artificial intelligence-enabled “decision support,” citing the Air Force Research Lab’s Skyborg program, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency’s Air Combat Evolution (ACE) program and Australia’s Loyal Wingman program as examples.
“The gamble that I’m making in the TacAir case for sure is that we’re going to go ahead with uncrewed combat aircraft,” he said. “We’re going to integrate those [technologies] into an operational capability and field it, and it’ll be the first time we’ve done that.”
The drones could carry a variety of payloads such as sensors, communication systems, weapons, and self-defense capabilities, he said.
“We’re going to open up a whole range of tactical behaviors, and I think the technologies are there to support this now and I don’t think we need to wait for more development on that,” Kendall said.

Not sure if I’ve posted before, but the navy want a piece of the cake as well

With the airforce white paper below

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

hotty4040

Regular
Hi @chapman89

Is it not great that we have reached a point with Brainchip where we can have an argument about which multinational partner is going to produce income for Brainchip first.

The shortest design cycle according to the former CEO Mr. Dinardo was for appliances ie White Goods and that was six months.

This six months starts from when they have gone through the sales and agreement cycles.

So while I love your enthusiasm and I get it as it is a great endorsement/validation of Brainchip’s future with MegaChips I think Renesas with an MCU suite of products incorporating AKIDA due for release in the next couple of months are going to be the winner.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: There of course is room for someone to argue based on Doug’s statement that one of the things that attracted MegaChips to Brainchip was the already existing traction they have in the market with customers (???) that first income will come from left field.

My enthusiasm meter has spiked ( up ) somewhat FF after listening to Sir Doug's interview this morning.

Consider this.

Whilst being invested in this Company has had it's up's and downs over quite a considerable time now, gotta be 6-7 years, if not longer, ( my memory cells aren't attuned quite so well as they used to be ) it's come to my notice that over all of this time, ( many life times for many species ) not one entity/person has " Spilled the beans " so to speak, in any real negative way.

Now, after listening to Doug, and inwardly digesting what he had to say, a couple of times, I'm now of the opinion, that Doug has " spilled the beans " in precisely the other direction, and in a very favorable way, if I'm reading his mind and thought processes correctly.

I know, that in your chosen profession you would have come across a few " bean spilling " episodes, so I was just wondering whether you had any thoughts on this, as I have had.

The excitement is gaining some momentum I feel. Can't really understand why the s/p has not responded " spiked" a bit more this morning. Are well, this is the irrational market response so far, I suppose, because this interview is a very worthy announcement in my mind, and should be treated as such.

Happy/ lucrative investing all.

Akida Ballista

hotty...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Maybe this is why ScoMo stopped research funding for drones in Australia a month or so ago - we're going to buy (fund) the US development.
Okay already! Maybe I drempt. But I heard it on the ABC.

So now it's a state secret?

• Haha
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
My enthusiasm meter has spiked ( up ) somewhat FF after listening to Sir Doug's interview this morning.

Consider this.

Whilst being invested in this Company has had it's up's and downs over quite a considerable time now, gotta be 6-7 years, if not longer, ( my memory cells aren't attuned quite so well as they used to be ) it's come to my notice that over all of this time, ( many life times for many species ) not one entity/person has " Spilled the beans " so to speak, in any real negative way.

Now, after listening to Doug, and inwardly digesting what he had to say, a couple of times, I'm now of the opinion, that Doug has " spilled the beans " in precisely the other direction, and in a very favorable way, if I'm reading his mind and thought processes correctly.

I know, that in your chosen profession you would have come across a few " bean spilling " episodes, so I was just wondering whether you had any thoughts on this, as I have had.

The excitement is gaining some momentum I feel. Can't really understand why the s/p has not responded " spiked" a bit more this morning. Are well, this is the irrational market response so far, I suppose, because this interview is a very worthy announcement in my mind, and should be treated as such.

Happy/ lucrative investing all.

Akida Ballista

hotty...
Maybe some investors are waiting for the RBA decision this month on interest rates 🤔

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Dhm

Regular
The 'more than one solution' may be an oblique reference to MegaChips' other AI partner Quadric. They are tied to von Neumann and software

11:10 - what excites MegaChips about Akida?
11:40 - (paraphrase) what surprised us was the customers zeroed in on the ability (of Akida) to learn on chip - they understood the utility of this feature.
I was also happy to hear about what I would consider 'low hanging fruit' in the shorter term, being consumer products and applications. "Everything you touch will be personalised or customised in an impactful way." Is that the happy sound of revenue I hear?

Automotive revenue was described as being slightly further away timeline wise.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Maybe some investors are waiting for the RBA decision this month on interest rates 🤔
Brainchip are now .25 basis points more attractive than companies carrying debt.

What a clever Chief Financial Officer Brainchip has in Ken Scarince to go early with the call on LDA Capital.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Slade

Top 20
Brainchip are now .25 basis points more attractive than companies carrying debt.

What a clever Chief Financial Officer Brainchip has in Ken Scarince to go early with the call on LDA Capital.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes he is. I also have a sneaking suspicion about the way our EAPs have acquired their Akida boards and the way the Raspberry Pi boards have been sold. It was good to hear MegaChips and Rob emphasize trust. The 2,000 eyes know how well the BrainChip team can guard a secret.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes he is. I also have a sneaking suspicion about the way our EAPs have acquired their Akida boards and the way the Raspberry Pi boards have been sold. It was good to hear MegaChips and Rob emphasize trust. The 2,000 eyes know how well the BrainChip team can guard a secret.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Calsco

Regular
It’s good to see the share price has really stabilized considering all of the external pressures on the market at the moment.. surely this is a sign of the confidence investors have in the company!

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

VictorG

I thought it was great that Doug highligted Akida's versatility when he said something alone these lines "There is a need for more than one solution. There isn't a single thing that fits all applications but one of the things that we feel strongly about the BrainChip solution is that it fits into a wide variety of applications."

When asked about what excites him most about BrainChip he mentions the value in terms of:
  • it being a small, low cost, low power solution where "virtually every customer has a concern and the BrainChip solution has immediate attraction"
  • the on-chip learning capability
  • the "real traction in the marketplace" and the validation from customers
It's pretty clear from what Doug said that we can expect to see Akida in the NEAR-TERM in the following areas:
  • cameras
  • gaming
  • appliances
  • Industrial applications such as anomaly detection and preventative maintenance
For the LONGER-TERM (which I guess is 3-5 years) he seemed very excited about:
  • "very large" opportunities in automotive.

By gaming, does Doug mean Nintendo
💓💗💓💗 be still my beating heart.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

ndefries

Regular
By gaming, does Doug mean Nintendo
💓💗💓💗 be still my beating heart.
Surely it is! Nintendo is so critical to their business. A great partnership they have built up with them. Given Nintendo is highly into gamer interaction with their customers and VR and AI is surlely going to be a feature of future models dots are seriously joining here. Hmmm how many Nintendo's are sold each year!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users
Interesting Panasonic product coming to market soon.

The new i-PRO S-series surveillance cameras represent a quantum leap in performance. They deliver the ideal combination of superior imaging technology, advanced camera analytics, video management system (VMS) integration and cost efficiency for numerous applications across virtually every vertical market.
The artificial intelligence (AI) processing embedded in our premium cameras is now available in our flagship line of mid-range cameras, the S-series. The new i-PRO S-series features a built-in AI processor that transforms these advanced surveillance cameras into edge-computing devices, allowing a variety of applications to run simultaneously. Users can select and install the third-party analytics and applications they need without relying on a cloud- or server-based connection. This enables the new i-PRO S-series cameras to meet the requirements where “decisions” have to be made, at the edge.
In addition to enabling advanced analytics at the edge, the AI processor found in the new i-PRO S-series cameras provides stronger H.265 coding efficiency and image processing optimization to help conserve valuable bandwidth and recording storage space. It also has stronger image processing optimization to adapt to the dynamic changing scene environment, such as a backlit daytime area, low-lit room, or night vision. By optimizing image settings, including shutter speed, auto exposure and gamma correction, the new S-series produces a clearer image with less noise to help identify people and objects in low-light conditions.
The new i-PRO S-series cameras also feature sound classification analytics when used with an external mic to set alarms for specific sounds, such as gunshots, screaming, vehicle horns or glass breaking. The added dimension of sound further increases situational awareness beyond the visible viewing area of these intelligent edge solutions.
The new i-PRO S-series is also compatible with i-PRO’s Active Guard, providing an easy-to-use search function to quickly find specific people or vehicles through i-PRO’s Video Insight (VI) and Genetec VMS platforms. This powerful search feature eliminates the need to log into each camera separately to search for events and objects, increasing response times and enhancing overall safety and security.
Currently available in three models, indoor dome, indoor vandal dome and indoor box, the new i-PRO S-series cameras come bundled with AI software analytics, a five-year warranty and a Video Insight VMS camera license. The new i-PRO S-series cameras are also fully compatible with existing S-series mounts and brackets.
With premium features now available on our most popular cameras, the new i-PRO S-series is setting the standard in surveillance cameras.

KEY BENEFITS OF THE PANASONIC i-PRO S-SERIES
  • Built-in AI processor provides advanced edge computing
  • Allows for installation of third-party analytics
  • Analytics do not require cloud or server connection
  • Delivers stronger H.265 coding efficiency
  • Enhanced dynamic range for challenging lighting conditions
  • Superior image quality provides better identification
  • Audio classification triggers alarms for specific sounds
  • Analytics-driven search function by camera for VI and Genetec VMS platforms

Hi @Rocket577

Do you know when Panasonic released the i-Pro Series?

The reason I ask is if MegaChips is the source of the IP via Brainchip then assuming it is after the IP licence agreement with MegaChips then this is possible.

If it was before the MegaChips IP agreement then it cannot have been through MegaChips and this would bring us back to Renesas assuming Panasonic are in fact using AKIDA technology.

Renesas did not licence all the IP only two nodes and so I am thinking this would be a little bit short on processing power for what Panasonic have described.

I will not be terribly disappointed if you turn out to be correct. 😍

This Panasonic i-Pro Series camera line does seem very far along compared to how Doug was speaking about what MegaChips were doing with customers. Why would he not say something like we have a customer already coming to market or in the market?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

SiDEvans

Regular
Surely it is! Nintendo is so critical to their business. A great partnership they have built up with them. Given Nintendo is highly into gamer interaction with their customers and VR and AI is surlely going to be a feature of future models dots are seriously joining here. Hmmm how many Nintendo's are sold each year!
Lots
1651558121782.png

1651558147637.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 36 users
Here are some fun facts to conjure with:

1. Late 2020 in one of his webinars or podcasts the former CEO Mr. Dinardo mentioned hand controllers as an area where AKIDA might find a home.

2. Doug said that MegaChips' engineers have been digging into Brainchip's AKIDA for about 18 months.

3. 18 months takes it back to when the former CEO Mr. Dinardo was in charge.

4. Nintendo use hand controllers.

Now go outside and play and let me get on I have work to do.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 52 users

VictorG

I know its lots and lots and lots.
And soon it will be 3 more sold when I buy a Nintendo Switch for each of my EQXX's

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
I know its lots and lots and lots.
And soon it will be 3 more sold when I buy a Nintendo Switch for each of my EQXX's
will be so excited to play 'Just Dance' Nintendo with Akida powered.
M6J1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
D

Deleted member 118

Hi @Rocket577

Do you know when Panasonic released the i-Pro Series?

The reason I ask is if MegaChips is the source of the IP via Brainchip then assuming it is after the IP licence agreement with MegaChips then this is possible.

If it was before the MegaChips IP agreement then it cannot have been through MegaChips and this would bring us back to Renesas assuming Panasonic are in fact using AKIDA technology.

Renesas did not licence all the IP only two nodes and so I am thinking this would be a little bit short on processing power for what Panasonic have described.

I will not be terribly disappointed if you turn out to be correct. 😍

This Panasonic i-Pro Series camera line does seem very far along compared to how Doug was speaking about what MegaChips were doing with customers. Why would he not say something like we have a customer already coming to market or in the market?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I don’t think they have released as of yet, as the website still says April 2022

6EF11E01-0383-46AE-8A6E-61052ABB8976.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom