BRN Discussion Ongoing

SALT

Does anyone here know what a cognitive engine is and if Akida would be best fit for one??

Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Has anyone been down this rabbit hole ?

Aeva to work with Denso on 'mass market' lidar sensors​

Aeva, founded by two former Apple Inc engineers, makes a lidar sensor that helps cars gain a three-dimensional view of the road and can also detect how quickly distant objects are moving.
Denso is the world’s second-largest automotive supplier, working closely with automakers such as Toyota Motor Corp, which owns nearly a quarter of the company.
Aeva last year announced a deal with German automotive industry supplier ZF

“Achieving high performance is table stakes” for lidar sensors, Soroush Salehian, Aeva’s chief executive, told Reuters in an interview. “Achieving high performance at an affordable cost is the holy grail.”

That rabbit hole has got your name written all over it Taproot!

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 6.28.23 pm.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Dhm

Regular
Does anyone here know what a cognitive engine is and if Akida would be best fit for one??
Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 6.37.57 pm.png

I also have next weeks Lotto numbers.

Edit: This afternoon I went across to 'that other site' and couldn't help myself by writing, with acknowledgement to the Late Piggy Muldoon, "when ever someone wanders over from thestockexchange toCrapper, the average IQ of both sites increases.”
Not much time later I was modded. The truth hurts.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

SALT

Thanks Dhm, my cognitive engine is a bit faded. And those numbers ... could use more funds for BRN purchases. Didn't think anyone had a time machine. I'm in.

Labsy

Regular
Stupid question, how long generally will patents last. ?

Has anyone been down this rabbit hole ?

Aeva to work with Denso on 'mass market' lidar sensors​

Aeva, founded by two former Apple Inc engineers, makes a lidar sensor that helps cars gain a three-dimensional view of the road and can also detect how quickly distant objects are moving.
Denso is the world’s second-largest automotive supplier, working closely with automakers such as Toyota Motor Corp, which owns nearly a quarter of the company.
Aeva last year announced a deal with German automotive industry supplier ZF

“Achieving high performance is table stakes” for lidar sensors, Soroush Salehian, Aeva’s chief executive, told Reuters in an interview. “Achieving high performance at an affordable cost is the holy grail.”

I had a brief look a couple of weeks ago and decided because I knew that Yole had ranked Valeo as number one with 28% of the global market share their claims to be the leader cause Aeva’s claims to fall rather flat. They were were ranked six or seven in a list of 12 Lidar startups so even amongst startups they fell short.

LiDAR is a very competitive space and Valeo is the market leader and Brainchip have hooked themselves a shooting star so I say let Valeo worry about the competition but in the end they will all want AKIDA technology.

The global LiDAR automotive market is said to be worth $US50 billion by 2025 if Valeo continue to pick up 28% $US14 billion that is a let’s not get greedy Brainchip is going to be very well positioned even if only Valeo are using AKIDA.

Here is an article that refers to even Huawei are chasing this market:

The global lidar market share is exposed! France's Valeo ranks first: Huawei's ranking is surprising​

2022-04-29 16:38 HKT
The global lidar market share is exposed! France's Valeo ranks first: Huawei's ranking is surprising

However, at the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, Huawei officially released its self-developed lidar products and solutions. The 96-line medium and long-distance lidar was the first to be unveiled, which allows cars to have rapid perception capabilities in these complex scenarios.
The global lidar market share is exposed! France's Valeo ranks first: Huawei's ranking is surprising

In order to ensure that Huawei's lidar equipment can meet the needs of huge manufacturers, after Huawei has quickly established the first pilot production line of car-grade lidar, it has also begun to plan an annual output of 100,000 sets/line of car-grade lidar. For the Pilot production line factory, Huawei has also made a direct statement about this. It will directly cut the price of Lidar equipment with a price of up to 10,000 yuan or even hundreds of thousands of yuan to the 1,000 yuan mark, because Huawei has already released To put it harshly, Huawei will reduce the manufacturing cost of lidar equipment to US$200 or even US$100. The cost of lidar equipment is also a core element of Huawei's consideration. It has been said that the cost will be reduced to US$200 in the future, or even US$100. It's 100 dollars.

And on September 2nd, Yole Développement, a world-renowned market research organization, officially released a report "Lidar for Automotive and Industrial Applications", which clearly mentioned the current market share list of lidar suppliers, the first level in France. The automotive supplier Valeo has 28%, ranking first in the world, while Huawei's lidar equipment market share has reached 3%, ranking twelfth in the world. Of course, once Huawei really beats the price, it will be even bigger in the future. The market awaits Huawei.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Great find Iseki. This is the full package MB are currently working on to be implemented in 2024. EQXX is only part of it.

In the field of digitisation, we focus on the seamless integration and harmonisation of software and electronics. This includes the development of innovative products and services aimed at customers' needs. The next big step in this regard is our internally developed operating system MB.OS as a direct interface for customer-experience features, which will become the basis for all future Mercedes-Benz vehicles as a unique and standard software platform. The MB.OS operating system will perfectly link the vehicles with the cloud and the IoT, and comprise four central domains: Powertrain, Autonomous Driving, Infotainment and Body & Comfort Systems.

They intend to implement it into every new model from 2024. Internal combustion engine (ICE) and electric. MB will stop producing new models of ICE vehicles after 2025. They'll continue to manufacture them while demand remains but only make minor updates. What I think will happen is MB will release new models for their entire ICE range in 2024/25 so every vehicle has the new MB.OS operating system moving forward.

My guess is Akida technology could be on up to 20 chips per car for an ICE vehicle and 40-50 chips on an electric vehicle. In an electric vehicle, it wouldn't surprise me if Akida technology was used in all four central domains. MB make 2.5m vehicles per year. Not a bad little royalty earner.
Hi Proga,

I agree that Akida may be used on several applications in conjunction with MB.OS. In fact, MB.OS may be being drafted with Akida in mind.

Added to that is a statement by MB that they intended to standardize on the chips they use, and remembering Akida's versatility, what better chip to standardize on.

Some applications may only need half Akida (Akida 500).

On the other hand, Akida's ability to perform several different operations in parallel (cabin occupancy video) may reduce the number of chips required.

But then there is the need for redundancy for mission critical applications, so, swings and roundabouts.

I certainly hope that there are more than 10. @$200 times 3,000,000 vehicles p.a. = $600,000,000 p.a. in a couple of years.

So, if a couple of other car makers are on board, ...

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 36 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Stupid question, how long generally will patents last. ?
Hi Labsy,

Patents last for 20 years from filing. Our foundation patent was filed in 2008, so its got until 2028.

Most of the others, which incorporate many major advances, date from 2017 or later.

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

Hi Proga,

I agree that Akida may be used on several applications in conjunction with MB.OS. In fact, MB.OS may be being drafted with Akida in mind.

Added to that is a statement by MB that they intended to standardize on the chips they use, and remembering Akida's versatility, what better chip to standardize on.

On the other hand, Akida's ability to perform several different operations in parallel (cabin occupancy video) may reduce the number of chips required.

But then there is the need for redundancy for mission critical applications, so, swings and roundabouts.

I certainly hope that there are more than 10. @$200 times 3,000,000 vehicles p.a. = $600,000,000 p.a. in a couple of years.

Thanks Dio,

How many more than 10 do you think there would be? I will adjust the figures below accordingly once you advise what you think.

PS: I'm contemplating of getting out of foot modelling and into accounting.🤞

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 6.57.57 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
I had a brief look a couple of weeks ago and decided because I knew that Yole had ranked Valeo as number one with 28% of the global market share their claims to be the leader cause Aeva’s claims to fall rather flat. They were were ranked six or seven in a list of 12 Lidar startups so even amongst startups they fell short.

LiDAR is a very competitive space and Valeo is the market leader and Brainchip have hooked themselves a shooting star so I say let Valeo worry about the competition but in the end they will all want AKIDA technology.

The global LiDAR automotive market is said to be worth $US50 billion by 2025 if Valeo continue to pick up 28% $US14 billion that is a let’s not get greedy Brainchip is going to be very well positioned even if only Valeo are using AKIDA.

Here is an article that refers to even Huawei are chasing this market:

The global lidar market share is exposed! France's Valeo ranks first: Huawei's ranking is surprising​

2022-04-29 16:38 HKT
The global lidar market share is exposed! France's Valeo ranks first: Huawei's ranking is surprising's Valeo ranks first: Huawei's ranking is surprising

However, at the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, Huawei officially released its self-developed lidar products and solutions. The 96-line medium and long-distance lidar was the first to be unveiled, which allows cars to have rapid perception capabilities in these complex scenarios.
The global lidar market share is exposed! France's Valeo ranks first: Huawei's ranking is surprising's Valeo ranks first: Huawei's ranking is surprising

In order to ensure that Huawei's lidar equipment can meet the needs of huge manufacturers, after Huawei has quickly established the first pilot production line of car-grade lidar, it has also begun to plan an annual output of 100,000 sets/line of car-grade lidar. For the Pilot production line factory, Huawei has also made a direct statement about this. It will directly cut the price of Lidar equipment with a price of up to 10,000 yuan or even hundreds of thousands of yuan to the 1,000 yuan mark, because Huawei has already released To put it harshly, Huawei will reduce the manufacturing cost of lidar equipment to US$200 or even US$100. The cost of lidar equipment is also a core element of Huawei's consideration. It has been said that the cost will be reduced to US$200 in the future, or even US$100. It's 100 dollars.

And on September 2nd, Yole Développement, a world-renowned market research organization, officially released a report "Lidar for Automotive and Industrial Applications", which clearly mentioned the current market share list of lidar suppliers, the first level in France. The automotive supplier Valeo has 28%, ranking first in the world, while Huawei's lidar equipment market share has reached 3%, ranking twelfth in the world. Of course, once Huawei really beats the price, it will be even bigger in the future. The market awaits Huawei.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
There are approximately 23.34 million $600 in $14 billion so if there was one AKIDA IP royalty received 23.34 million times at $3 to $5 a pop that is a tidy sum indeed.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

“Valeo, a Tier 1 supplier currently has an automotive-grade LiDAR (SCALA) for ADAS Level 2-3 capabilities. It is priced at $600/unit in high volumes and has modest performance in terms of range and PPS (Points Per Second, analogous to resolution in a camera).23 Nov 2020
1651222803657.png

https://www.forbes.com › 2020/11/23

Money For Everythin' - Forbes

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks Dio,

How many more than 10 do you think there would be? I will adjust the figure below once you advise what you think.

PS: I'm thinking of getting out of foot modelling and into accounting.🤞

View attachment 5233
Will you still need to take your shoes and socks off to count?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Labsy

Regular
Hi Labsy,

Patents last for 20 years from filing. Our foundation patent was filed in 2008, so its got until 2028.

Most of the others, which incorporate many major advances, date from 2017 or later.
Thanks a billion!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

Will you still need to take your shoes and socks off to count?

Yes. Why? How else am I supposed to keep count of that many big numbers?🥴

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks Dio,

How many more than 10 do you think there would be? I will adjust the figures below accordingly once you advise what you think.

PS: I'm contemplating of getting out of foot modelling and into accounting.🤞

View attachment 5233
That's the old string question - although now the quantum physicists are talking about loops - or was that last year?

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Proga

Regular
Hi Proga,

Hi Dio,

In fact, MB.OS may be being drafted with Akida in mind - I'm damn sure it is. It's the secret sauce which ties everything together.

Currently ICE vehicles use 200-300 chips while EV's use 3000-4000. I've used the 20 for ICE and 40-50 chips with Akida technology for EV's because as you have suggested, Akida may reduce the number of chips required. Wild guess. You don't need a smart chip to move a seat up or down, backwards or forward or on a mechanical drivetrain. An electric drivetrain however is a completely different matter.

They may need a chip to monitor the vibrations of the mechanical drivetrain.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hi Dio,

In fact, MB.OS may be being drafted with Akida in mind - I'm damn sure it is. It's the secret sauce which ties everything together.

Currently ICE vehicles use 200-300 chips while EV's use 3000-4000. I've used the 10 for ICE and 40-50 for EV's because as you have suggested, Akida may reduce the number of chips required. You don't need a smart chip to move a seat up or down, backwards or forward or on a mechanical drivetrain. An electric drivetrain however is a completely different matter.

They may need a chip to monitor the vibrations of the mechanical drivetrain.
Don’t know if this helps or hinders but at the 2019 AGM Peter van der Made stated he could do all the sensors with 9 x AKD1000 and all of the computing for AV with 100xAKD1000.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.

Attachments

• 67FEBA54-F90F-4511-B61A-9F4832CF140B.jpeg
    67FEBA54-F90F-4511-B61A-9F4832CF140B.jpeg
    697.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
D

Deleted member 118

There are approximately 23.34 million $600 in $14 billion so if there was one AKIDA IP royalty received 23.34 million times at $3 to $5 a pop that is a tidy sum indeed.
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

RobjHunt

Regular
After hitting an intraday low of 86c this week its nice to finish in the green room. Happy weekend to all.
View attachment 5224
Whatta wonderful close for a Friday. It seems the quarterly has been accepted for what it is.

Pantene Peeps. Haveagoodweekend!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
Top Bottom