BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
You might have reached a little far in point 2 with the use of the word mainly. I don’t believe I have read MB claiming Akida was the main reason for extending the battery range, but it has certainly been a good team player. There are lots of things that have contributed to the low energy usage: weight saving materials, new design tyres, the aerodynamic design of the car itself etc.

Hi LM77, just to be clear, that wasn't actually my wording, it was a quote that came from the article in Der Finanz Investor. I don't know what sort of research they undertake to know how factually correct this statement is, but I would think it was very strange if they didn't have some communication with Mercedes on the technology in order to write what they have written.

You can check the quote by clicking on the link I provided.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
You might have reached a little far in point 2 with the use of the word mainly. I don’t believe I have read MB claiming Akida was the main reason for extending the battery range, but it has certainly been a good team player. There are lots of things that have contributed to the low energy usage: weight saving materials, new design tyres, the aerodynamic design of the car itself etc.

Here you go. Thanks to Funk and FF.

1651197211135.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 56 users
It's so freaking exciting isn't it @Slade!

I just love this statement which is why I have broken it down a bit so we can all fully savour the extent to which BrainChip is involved in this monumental achievement:

- “We did it! Powering through more than 1,000 kilometres with ease on a single battery charge and a consumption of only 8.7 kWh/100 km in real-world traffic conditions.
- The VISION EQXX is the most efficient Mercedes ever built.
- The technology programme behind it marks a milestone in the development of electric vehicles.
-It underpins our strategic aim to ‘Lead in Electric’,”
says Ola Källenius, Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG.

And, when you combine this statement with the information that @TheFunkMachine shared in an article by Der Finanz Invetsor, then you reralize just how YUGE this is. Here's an extract from that article which IMO probably best sums up the SIGNIFICANT role AKIDA plays:

- "The low energy consumption of the car is mainly due to the use of a neuromorphic computer system . This innovation comes from BrainChip and is an autonomous neural chip system. The energy consumption of conventional voice control is reduced by a factor of five to ten, which automatically increases the range of the batteries."

Now when you combine all of these bit and pieces together here's how I read the situation:
1. Mercedes have taken the lead in electric as evidenced by the efficiency, performance and range of the EQXX
2. The low energy consumption is mainly due to the neuromorphic system (i.e. AKIDA)
3 AKIDA was able to reduce the energy consumption of the voice control by a factor of 5 to 10 which then automatically increased the range of the batteries which allowed the car to acheive more than 1000 ks on a sinlge charge.

So, the thing is my brainy friends, how many other electric vehicle manufacturers are going to be salivating in the sidelines to get their mitts on AKIDA? Are they just going to bury their heads in the sand content with such poor efficiency and range until their product becomes completely redundant, or are they going to take a seat on the bus? I'm sure that even Blind Freddie knows the answer to that question! He-he-he!

🥳

Here's the post which includes a link to the Der Finanz Investor article from @TheFunkMachine and @Fact Finder if you're interested.

#8,866
Can I add this to your suggestion about salivating Electric vehicle manufacturers. If you go to Ken Scarince's presentation to German Investors last year when speaking about automotive engagements he makes the clear and unambiguous statement that they are engaging with more automobile manufacturers than just the Ford Motor Company. So we know one of these is Mercedes. We had an idea one was Toyota as a result of Anil Mankar's presentation with Toyota and Denso. We now suspect Honda thanks to Valeo but Honda may not be one that Ken Scarince was hinting at as it is a Valeo customer link. Some think BMW because of all the little hints over the years but I am not so sure that it will be a direct engagement as they are in direct competition with Mercedes Benz so it might be indirect like Honda. So Tata Motors is looking like a reasonable suspect after this mornings 1,000 Eyes reveal. Lots to choose from around the world.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
PS: Great post once again Bravo.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Bravo

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
I don’t have time to scroll trough. So sorry if it has already been shared.

Rob Telson liked this comment from Intel. (The notorious LIKE that solidifies everything) lol

Interesting non the less.
Some may not realise, which I did not until I researched TSMC back in 2019/20, but Foundries like TSMC and Intel Foundries carry a library of IP which they sell or licence to their customers. In TSMC's case they have IP developed by their own people and IP which they have licenced from others for example Brainchip (I have no information to suggest this has occurred at this time) and they then on sell/licence it as part of their semiconductor design service to win customers.

It is therefore reasonable to consider that Intel Foundries as part of its business model unrelated to its parent company Intel and Mike Davies would or could licence AKIDA IP so that it has it in its library to offer as a solution to a customer's requirements to get their business.

I am not saying this is the case but it is another reason why Rob Telson might cultivate a relationship with Intel Foundries etc;

Another reason could be if you consider US National Security issues around China, Taiwan and TSMC and that Intel Foundries are being actively incentivised by the US government to increase capacity and the links between Brainchip and NASA/DARPA then there is another reason for Brainchip to develop a working relationship with Intel Foundries.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

TECH

Regular
Mercedes Benz will use our chip, yes that's correct, chip, in anyway they see fit, as they are one of our clients.

FACT.....Tech :geek:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

MDhere

Regular
Ooooh, I like this bit:

"The electric drive was developed in cooperation with the experts from Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team."

Wonder what the F1 team thinks about Akida 😊
Your not wrong SFB and @Slade and Ubs is a pivotal partnership with Mercedes-Amg-Petronas F1 team" And when Mercedes announced it will use Akida, UBS bought up bigtime in shares in Brn! 👍🙂
I just love this video of the positive mindset of Mercedes and their desire for great partnerships. Very proud moment to be a brn shareholder, very proud. Large shareholder in brn is Ubs :) They know what's going on :)

Watch "UBS and Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One: 10 Years of Proud Partnership | UBS Formula 1" on YouTube

• Love
  • Fire
The former CEO Mr. Dinardo second half 2020 in a webinar or podcast mention retail as presenting an opportunity.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I just went rabbit hole chasing on DELL twitter and came up with this Spanish firm and what they are offering to Agriculture in Spain sounded so familiar:

ventum

CONTROL SPARROWHAWK

All the data you need to optimally manage your farm, on your device and with just one click. Gain peace of mind, time and productivity.

ASK US FOR A DEMO

Why Gavilan Control

linea-ventum-home.png

Gavilán Control offers you an innovative way of managing the resources of your agricultural and livestock facilities. A solution made after being in direct and permanent contact with professionals in the sector.

Know in real time the key data to intelligently manage your farm

Make decisions based on accurate and up-to-date information, being more productive

Access information remotely from your mobile, computer or tablet

Establish an alarm system that notifies you of any incident

soluciones-tecnologicas-ganaderia52-1-500x333_c.jpg

Do you want to know more about how Gavilán Control would adapt to your farm?

If you are interested in learning more about Gavilán Control's features and everything it can do to improve your processes, don't hesitate to talk to us.

CONTACT

What does Gavilán Control offer you?

linea-ventum-home.png

Our solution provides you with a set of resources through which you will be closer than ever to your livestock farm, wherever you are and whatever time it is. Among them, we can highlight:

• Monitoring of silos, tanks, doors, temperature, humidity, weight of animals, etc.
  • Surveillance of farm events, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round.
  • Implementation of a comprehensive traceability system.
  • Data to ensure the welfare of your animals and facilitate compliance with regulations.
  • Information to achieve significant energy savings, as well as a reduction in the carbon footprint.
  • Alerts for the detection of anomalies, failures and detection of intruders in your facilities.
  • Predictive tools for estimating the consumption of resources, such as water and food tanks for animals.
  • Graphic and easy-to-use interface for a better interpretation of data and user experience.
They do not disclose the technology they are using inside their offerings in fact they do not even mention DELL Technologies but it is worth having a look at in more depth. If it is not AKIDA technology it certainly could be a target market given the narrow margins most farms work to the type of power savings offered by AKIDA in a 24 hour seven day a week 52 weeks a year system would really mount up.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
"Dell announced expanded edge products to help retailers, including the ability to consolidate retail infrastructure and apps for efficient deployment and management of servers and nodes, including in-store cameras and point-of-sale tech.

A new system called Dell Validated Design for Retail Edge gives retailers a single management view of edge IT across stores relying on VMware Edge Compute Stack integration. Work with Deep North real-time video analytics supports AI-based apps to help store managers optimize product placement and track inventory. It can be used to help shoppers avoid busy checkout lines and direct workers to areas of need.

IDC analyst Dave McCarthy said Dell’s edge products can help retailers gain access to real-time data insights to make stores work for better customer experiences. “Retailers have one chance to deliver a positive in-store experience,” he noted."

• Fire

Iseki

Regular
Mercedes Benz will use our chip, yes that's correct, chip, in anyway they see fit, as they are one of our clients.

FACT.....Tech :geek:
Mercedes Benz have also created their own operating system to link Akida controlled sensors, plus possibly others, to the outside world (cloud) in a seemless, power efficient way. The mind boggles as to their forward thinking.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

LM77

Hi LM77, just to be clear, that wasn't actually my wording, it was a quote that came from the article in Der Finanz Investor. I don't know what sort of research they undertake to know how factually correct this statement is, but I would think it was very strange if they didn't have some communication with Mercedes on the technology in order to write what they have written.

You can check the quote by clicking on the link I provided.
My apologies, it wasn’t your quote. I was going from the MB article where it calls Akida another key efficiency feature not the main feature. Don’t get me wrong I hope it is, and as you surmise the author of the article has been given a look under the hood so to speak by MB and the research is accurate. Just going off the article itself however which is very detailed shows there is a hell of lot of things that have gone into making it such a efficient masterpiece.

Neuromorphic computing – a car that thinks like you​

Another key efficiency feature of the VISION EQXX that takes its cue from nature is the way it thinks. It uses an innovative form of information processing called neuromorphic computing. The hardware runs so-called spiking neural networks. Information is coded in discrete spikes and energy is only consumed when a spike occurs, which reduces energy consumption by orders of magnitude.

Working with California-based artificial intelligence experts BrainChip, Mercedes-Benz engineers developed systems based on BrainChip’s Akida hardware and software. The example in the VISION EQXX is the “Hey Mercedes” hot-word detection. Structured along neuromorphic principles, it is five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control.

Although neuromorphic computing is still in its infancy, systems like these will be available on the market in just a few years. When applied on scale throughout a vehicle, they have the potential to radically reduce the energy needed to run the latest AI technologies.

This is taken from this article here.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

M_C

Founding Member
Probably going to be worth a watch for anyone interested in BRN / INTEL
Screenshot_20220429-130227_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

GDJR69

Regular
I have to disagree it is not part of Tony's job.

I suggest that the advertised position Tony holds did not say:

"Accept regular unwarranted abuse from shareholders for things entirely outside your area of control."

As a fact I know that Ken Scarince told him to not accept abuse of any kind and nor should he but he is as I said someone who is also a retail shareholder and if he accepts abuse it is a personal decision because he understands your frustration which is all the more reason to not abuse him.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Sounds a lot like my job . . .

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
My apologies, it wasn’t your quote. I was going from the MB article where it calls Akida another key efficiency feature not the main feature. Don’t get me wrong I hope it is, and as you surmise the author of the article has been given a look under the hood so to speak by MB and the research is accurate. Just going off the article itself however which is very detailed shows there is a hell of lot of things that have gone into making it such a efficient masterpiece.

Another key efficiency feature of the VISION EQXX that takes its cue from nature is the way it thinks. It uses an innovative form of information processing called neuromorphic computing. The hardware runs so-called spiking neural networks. Information is coded in discrete spikes and energy is only consumed when a spike occurs, which reduces energy consumption by orders of magnitude.

Working with California-based artificial intelligence experts BrainChip, Mercedes-Benz engineers developed systems based on BrainChip’s Akida hardware and software. The example in the VISION EQXX is the “Hey Mercedes” hot-word detection. Structured along neuromorphic principles, it is five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control.

Although neuromorphic computing is still in its infancy, systems like these will be available on the market in just a few years. When applied on scale throughout a vehicle, they have the potential to radically reduce the energy needed to run the latest AI technologies.

What needs to be kept in mind is that Mercedes Benz has achieved a first in that they have been able to reserve 95% of the available power reserves of the battery to run the driving wheels. A HUGE ADVANCE.

This is the real breakthrough and can be applied regardless of whether the vehicle has a wind resistance of 0.17 or is shaped like a brick with a huge flat surface being driven through the air.

Thus regardless of the vehicle Mercedes Benz uses this system in, it will ensure the previously achieved range of the vehicle regardless of its aerodynamics will increase because of more power being made available to turn the driving wheels.

The reason it has been able to achieve this is because of Brainchip’s neuromorphic brain like computing technology creating a car that thinks like you.

Future Mercedes’ Benz will not be optimised with special low resistance tyres, and body shapes achieving 0.17 aerodynamic readings. They will not be built with super light weight materials to the same extent

BUT THEY WILL

thanks to an AKIDA BRAIN TRANSPLANT be able to draw 95% of the available battery to power the driving wheels.

They will not even have to use the specially designed battery used in the EQXX as the AKIDA technology advantage will still apply regardless.

In fact reading the Mercedes Benz announcements I actually suspect that there are still gains to be made as they fully implement AKIDA and every one percent handed back to the driving wheels increases the Mercedes Benz EV range advantage.

My opinion only DYOR but I have no doubt I am right, technophobe that I am without any relevant qualifications, as it is to me a matter of simple logic drawn from all the available evidence.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Bravo

Yes, agreed LM77. (y) I'm not suggesting that AKIDA is the only reason the car is so efficient, I'm just saying that the efficiency which can be directly apportioned to BrainChip's technology cannot in my opinion be under-estimated.

Here's something I prepared a little earlier which might also help to explain why I think this way, supported by quotes from Mercedes.

Previous post: #3,160

When you think about it, it makes sense given the car has 350 sensors, constantly monitoring and processing information from everything inside (including the passengers) and outside of the car, that's quite a lot of chips all requiring significant compute power to operate.

Mercedes concede that running the latest AI technology consumes a lot of energy but now they have the KEY to "RADICALLY "(Mercedes wording not mine) reduce the power consumption.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Bravo

Wasn’t sure which one to post

What about this one! TSXY!

fart-bath.gif

PS: It just occurred to me that you will never be able to fart in a spa again (not that I ever have) if the spa is implemented with AKIDA performing olfactory and vibration checks which send out an alarm when something aberrant (or abhorrent) is detected.🚨

Last edited:
  • Haha
Yes, agreed LM77. (y) I'm not suggesting that AKIDA is the only reason the car is so efficient, I'm just saying that the efficiency which can be directly apportioned to BrainChip's technology cannot in my opinion be under-estimated.

Here's something I prepared a little earlier which might also help to explain why I think this way, supported by quotes from Mercedes.

When you think about it, it makes sense given the car has 350 sensors, constantly monitoring and processing information from everything inside (including the passengers) and outside of the car, that's quite a lot of chips all requiring significant compute power to operate.

Mercedes concede that running the latest AI technology consumes a lot of energy but now they have the KEY to "RADICALLY "(Mercedes wording not mine) reduce the power consumption.

Previous post: #3,160
Exactly what I am saying. Releasing 95% of the available battery power to the driving wheels is the breakthrough any one can do all the other design features they help achieve the range not the shift from 80% to 95%.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: I can increase the EQXX range to 2,000k by ripping out all the interior but for the drivers seat but even there I will strip the padding. I will not have a passenger and I will get a four stone jockey to drive it.

Regardless the available power to the driving wheels even though the range has increased will still be 95%.

95% is the BREAKTHROUGH.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

sleepymonk

Regular
Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 118

What about this one! TSXY!

View attachment 5219

PS: It just occurred to me that you will never be able to fart in a spa again (not that I ever have) if the spa is implemented with AKIDA performing olfactory and vibration checks which send out an alarm when something aberrant (or abhorrent) is detected.🚨

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom