BRN Discussion Ongoing

Proga

Regular
Adriana, what do you do for MB.OS?

I am a team leader responsible for base layer development at MB.OS. This is a complex and outstanding system because, as the base lsoftware level, it enables the operating system to communicate with the control units in the vehicle - for example, for the power train, the multimedia system or the doors. The individual functions must be integrated very precisely. Therefore, a lot of know-how and teamwork is are required for the development. We are a completely new team, and it is important to me that all colleagues feel comfortable from the very beginning. That is why everyone, who starts with us, has a mentor at their side for the first few weeks. To facilitate onboarding, we also have our internal wiki and chats where we share questions and ideas.

In your opinion, what makes MB.OS so unique?

It is incredibly future-oriented. And with MB.OS, we are picking up on the platform concept that is widely used in the digital world. We will have one platform, one fundamental software system. This saves a lot of development time and creates freedom that everyone can use for innovations to inspire our customers.

Finally, a look into the future: What next steps at MB.OS are you most looking forward to?

The practical testing phase. We test our software extensively in the lab. Soon we will see how real prototype vehicles perform with our base layer. This live testing is essential - and it is a lot of fun.

MB.OS is next level from the EQXX. That only basically had the infotainment. MB.OS integrates the Powertrain, Autonomous Driving, Infotainment and Body & Comfort Systems into one central control system. And they haven't finished building it yet

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Dio,

In fact, MB.OS may be being drafted with Akida in mind - I'm damn sure it is. It's the secret sauce which ties everything together.

Currently ICE vehicles use 200-300 chips while EV's use 3000-4000. I've used the 20 for ICE and 40-50 chips with Akida technology for EV's because as you have suggested, Akida may reduce the number of chips required. Wild guess. You don't need a smart chip to move a seat up or down, backwards or forward or on a mechanical drivetrain. An electric drivetrain however is a completely different matter.

They may need a chip to monitor the vibrations of the mechanical drivetrain.
Adriana, what do you do for MB.OS?

I am a team leader responsible for base layer development at MB.OS. This is a complex and outstanding system because, as the base lsoftware level, it enables the operating system to communicate with the control units in the vehicle - for example, for the power train, the multimedia system or the doors. The individual functions must be integrated very precisely. Therefore, a lot of know-how and teamwork is are required for the development. We are a completely new team, and it is important to me that all colleagues feel comfortable from the very beginning. That is why everyone, who starts with us, has a mentor at their side for the first few weeks. To facilitate onboarding, we also have our internal wiki and chats where we share questions and ideas.

In your opinion, what makes MB.OS so unique?

It is incredibly future-oriented. And with MB.OS, we are picking up on the platform concept that is widely used in the digital world. We will have one platform, one fundamental software system. This saves a lot of development time and creates freedom that everyone can use for innovations to inspire our customers.

Finally, a look into the future: What next steps at MB.OS are you most looking forward to?

The practical testing phase. We test our software extensively in the lab. Soon we will see how real prototype vehicles perform with our base layer. This live testing is essential - and it is a lot of fun.

MB.OS is next level from the EQXX. That only basically had the infotainment. MB.OS integrates the Powertrain, Autonomous Driving, Infotainment and Body & Comfort Systems into one central control system. And they haven't finished building it yet
Having a standard multi-functional chip would simplify the integration of the software and the hardware.

I remember a global telecomm company in the 80s boasting that they had future-proofed their new telephone exchanges using "finite message machines" - software black boxes where the interfaces were standardized so any segment of the 100,000 man-year programming effort could be upgraded without needing to change the whole system ...

and then ... and then ...

eh, eh ...

and then along came Berners-Lee.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Interesting-

F8E6487F-4085-46CA-B8D0-8B169AF285A3.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

M_C

Founding Member
Should probably start checking out Untether AI......

Screenshot_20220429-222147_LinkedIn.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Should probably start checking out Untether AI......

View attachment 5245
Hi MC,

Looked at Untether back in February due to Bob Beachler connexion.

They have 8 patents/applications using ALUs (arithmetic logic units). They get a bit of sparsity by using a zero detector to inhibit propagation of zeros through the array. This provides some sparsity, but is not the same as “events” used in Akida, and is more akin to picking fly spots out of ground pepper.

eg:

US2021091794A1 COMPUTATIONAL MEMORY WITH ZERO DISABLE AND ERROR DETECTION

1651238727867.png

1651239103835.png

A processing element includes an input zero detector to detect whether the input from the neighbor processing element contains a zero. When the input from the neighbor processing element contains the zero, a zero disable circuit controls the input from the neighbor processing element and respective data of the memory to both appear as unchanged to the arithmetic logic unit for the operation. A controller of an array of processing elements adds a row of error-checking values to a matrix of coefficients, each error-checking value of the row of error-checking values being a negative sum of a respective column of the matrix of coefficients. The controller controls a processing element to perform an operation with the matrix of coefficients and an input vector to accumulate a result vector. Owing to the error-checking values, when a sum of elements of the result vector is non-zero, an error is detected.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Interesting 10 minute discussion on FSD (from 8:47).

Elon is confident that Tesla will solve real world AI and vision this year however based on comments they could clearly benefit from the many capabilities Akida has to offer.

The discussion in regards to Optimus (Tesla Bot) also highlighted the criticality of a localised ROM chip on the robot which cannot be updated over the air. On chip learning anyone?

Someone needs to organise a meet and greet with Peter. Good job for Monday Tony. ;)

Elon Musk: A future worth getting excited about | TED | Tesla Texas Gigafactory interview​

What's on Elon Musk's mind? In this exclusive conversation with head of TED Chris Anderson, Musk details how the radical new innovations he's working on -- Tesla's intelligent humanoid robot Optimus, SpaceX's otherworldly Starship and Neuralink's brain-machine interfaces, among others -- could help maximize the lifespan of humanity and create a world where goods and services are abundant and accessible for all. It's a compelling vision of a future worth getting excited about. (Recorded at the Tesla Texas Gigafactory on April 6, 2022) Just over a week after this interview was filmed, Elon Musk joined TED2022 for another (live) conversation, where he discussed his bid to purchase Twitter, the biggest regret of his career, how his brain works and more. Watch that conversation here: https://youtu.be/cdZZpaB2kDM

0:14 A future that's worth getting excited about
2:44 The sustainable energy economy, batteries and 300 terawatt hours of installed capacity
7:06 "Humanity will solve sustainable energy."
8:47 Artificial intelligence and Tesla's progress on full self-driving cars
19:46 Tesla's Optimus humanoid robot
21:46 "People have no idea, this is going to be bigger than the car."
23:14 Avoiding an AI dystopia
26:39 The age of abundance
28:20 Neuralink and brain-machine interfaces
36:55 SpaceX's Starship and the mission to build a city on Mars
46:54 "It's the people of Mars' city."
50:14 What else can Starship do and help explore?
53:18 Possible synergies between Tesla, SpaceX, The Boring Company and Neuralink
54:44 Intercontinental travel via Starship
58:41 Being a billionaire
1:02:31 Philanthropy as love of humanity
1:03:39 Population collapse and birth rates as a threat to future of human civilization
1:04:13 Elon's drive
1:06:06 "I think if you want the future to be good, you must make it so."

If you love watching TED Talks like this one, become a TED Member to support our mission of spreading ideas: http://ted.com/membership

Reactions: 15 users

stockduck

Regular
Checking in briefly because today I got my hands on an interesting piece of news from the medical sector regarding the cure for cancer.
Perhaps quite interesting for the medical section of the board part of BRN:

"Researchers have designed cell-sized mechanical devices that can be introduced into cells and prevent them from dividing"

Just imagine that due to the Akida-IP these nanochips could hunt the right malignant cells by "intelligent recognition" to 100% into the cell death.....we would have reached a healing.

I request this article to be forwarded to the decision making bodies of Brainchip company regarding research collaborations.

Thanks
stockduck

(It`s a pleasure to be a stockholder from BRN and a member of this forum)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

180*

Emerged
Hey peeps , alot o shorts out at the moment ,
When 2ooo ready.

Dallas

Regular
Happy Weekend 🍻

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 28 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Some of the major players in the Night Vision Systems (NVS) Vehicle Intelligence System market include:

Some of the major players operating in the night vision (NVS) vehicle intelligence systems market are Robert Bosch GmbH, VALEO, WABCO SA, Infineon Technologies AG, Mobileye, Autoliv Inc., BorgWarner Inc., DENSO CORPORATION, Magna International Inc., Among others Microsoft, Atos SE, NVIDIA Corporation, BrainChip, HARMAN International, Stoneridge, Inc., Intel Corporation and Continental AG.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
D

Deleted member 118

Ken Scarince was talking Neuromorphic Processors at a recent event which I think can still be accessed/viewed

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Quatrojos

Regular

Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

JK200SX

Regular
In the latest advertisement posted for "Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence - Sales Manager", I find this sentence quite reassuring in relation to customers that have most likely validated the AKIDA technology for their applications:

"A principal goal for the Sales Manager is the sell
BrainChip’s enterprise agreements within several
named accounts and broad geography, and in so
doing create a means for the achievement of the
revenue target."

"Several named accounts...."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

JK200SX

Regular
On the topic of Linkedin, I've been watching the growth of the number of people following Brainchip and as I write this it is sitting at 5970 followers. I've noticed that the number of new followers per day is in the range of 25-30 people now, compared to about 10 people a day only 2 months ago.
This is just one of the many avenues that is getting Brainchips name out to the masses.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
I sometimes get caught up in the whole idea of is this company or that company a competitor to Brainchip but I have to learn to pull myself up and no longer think in these terms.

Brainchip has in human terms made itself an agnostic. It has no allegiance to any processor or sensor type. It is promoting itself as a non aligned universal solution to any edge compute problem.

Why am I raising this because just now after our discussion of SiFive and Brainchip taking on ARM I was reminded of the following:

(Sorry something went wrong with link but it’s an easy Google search to find ARM Ai Ecosystem partner Renesas)

Renesas is an ARM Ai ecosystem partner. Brainchip is aligned with Renesas through the licence of its IP.

I must revert my thinking to a couple of years ago where I equated AKIDA technology to the simple self tapping metal screw. There are tens of billions perhaps trillions of these tiny screws in products around the world most of these products being in fierce competition one with the other for market share but all buying the same screws from different suppliers.

Renesas is an ARM Ai ecosystem partner and uses AKIDA Ai and ARM promotes Renesas.

SiFive is partnered with Brainchip and uses AKIDA Ai.

AWS is an ARM Ai Ecosystem partner. (for MC)

Brainchip is actually very much like an international arms dealer selling to both sides of any conflict completely unaligned.

In the end regardless of who wins the arms dealer wins. The same applies to Brainchip. ARM and Renesas crush SiFive Brainchip wins. SiFive crushes ARM Brainchip wins. They fight each other to a draw. Brainchip wins.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 59 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom