BRN Discussion Ongoing

stuart888

Regular
Seems to me, the Merzedes Benz deal holds a secret. They want to put it in a product that will scale, add it in many solutions, year after year autos. This stuff is complicated. Whenever revenue news happens, expect some wow-factor. For the next 5 years, the Brainchip news will be big and bold. The people that want to put it in first, these are fat-cats and want to do it at big scale.

Every knows, only the smartest-most-forward-thinking companies are looking for Spiking Neural Network Architecture Solutions. When revenue numbers really blast in 2024+, it will be in products sold globally and in mass, in my opinion. Cars, smart phones, industrial products which scale, medical products that scale.

Dip buying Stuart!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Justchilln

Regular
I’m expecting a significant drop in the quarterly, could be a great buying opportunity.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

stuart888

Regular
For those going to the next meeting, a question please:

Rob, since we know there is a lot of expertise, science, and forward thinking with your solutions, should we assume most of the early adopters are focused on Large Scale Distribution?

Seems like a fair question. The answer has to be large scale. Special needs for Nasa, but all the industrial production of Akida versions should be big deals. Medium/smaller end buyers that want to put this in products have less skills and resources. Brainchip is playing in the big leagues. They said, they are picky with their time. That was a secret statement, only scale projects please!

Reactions: 13 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member

Rob, since we know there is a lot of expertise, science, and forward thinking with your solutions, should we assume most of the early adopters are focused on Large Scale Distribution?

Seems like a fair question. The answer has to be large scale. Special needs for Nasa, but all the industrial production of Akida versions should be big deals. Medium/smaller end buyers that want to put this in products have less skills and resources. Brainchip is playing in the big leagues. They said, they are picky with their time. That was a secret statement, only scale projects please!
@stuart88 Rob isn't going to be at the AGM in Sydney only Sean, Ken and Tony.

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users

stuart888

Regular
@stuart88 Rob isn't going to be at the AGM in Sydney only Sean, Ken and Tony.
Thanks a bunch. My point is all smiles: Brainchip is playing in the big leagues. Large scale deals. If Brainchip wins, we will all win.

Reactions: 12 users
Hi Rick. It is interesting. The sensors supplied to Mercedes currently come from Valeo, and it would seem as you suggest that Luminar are going to be involved in supplying lidar, this despite recent claims by Valeo that they will supply their lidar to Mercedes. Further complicating it all is that Luminar works with mobile eye and Nvidia. It's really hard to put this puzzle together. Think I will just wait to see it unfold, unless someone can present a reasonable scenario.

CORRECTION to my rambling above:
My 2 cents is that Mercedes are forming multiple partnerships with various tech companies so that they can draw from many to solve problems, both foreseeable and unforeseeable. Given all the Valeo research pointing to their Lidar being in Mercedes I would put them as the main player. So much for me waiting to see it all unfold. It has taken me all of 2 minutes to come up with a new theory and convince myself that I am right.
Mercedes Benz played with Intel’s Loihi before jumping on the Brainchip Bus.

Mercedes Benz is currently using Valeo and Valeo has its next generation LiDAR on the way. Commentators who have reported on it say Valeo is well ahead of competitors.

Luminar is not yet in Mercedes Benz and the agreement is with Mercedes Benz North America and involves Mercedes Benz supplying data.

The first ever in the World Level 3 licence must have been granted to Mercedes Benz using Valeo as Valeo is the LiDAR they are currently using and are using for the world first self parking system in the US.

I note that Mercedes bought shares in Tesla at one stage but that did not guarantee a life long commitment.

I don’t think it is a done deal that Luminar is going to replace Valeo.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Labsy

Regular
A while ago (on the crapper) i posted a long winded rant about Intel and how they stand to lose a lot due to the rise of akida, and how they were "creating loihi 2" as a precursor to "magically" releasing a "breakthrough neuromorphic chip" with our ip............

This article i believe, supports that theory in it's infancy......

Speculation only, dyor.
I agree 👍

Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Great article on growing prospects for edge computing operations and datacentres. It also mentions telecoms operators deploying edge services.

Extract
CCS Insight has reported on the growing band of telecoms operators deploying mobile edge services with AWS Wavelength, which embeds AWS computing and storage at the edge of an operator’s 4G and 5G networks. CCS research highlights four network operators – KDDI, SK Telekom, Verizon and Vodafone – with mobile edge services based on that system.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Rob Telson likes this

Rob Telson Likes 18.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users
At 11.50pm last night @Slade secretly posted the following link and the article itself on another thread. If you are an investor in Brainchip not a trader or even a manipulator you need to read it it to fully comprehend the size of the Tiger you have by the tail here at Brainchip.

Great find @Slade
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Good Morning Chippers,

Just thought I would bring it to every ones attention....

Commsec trading platform

On the Sell side,

Someone is prepared to sell 1,400 units @ $916.28 each.

I Like their enthusiasm.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26 users
D

Deleted member 118

Where you from Rocket, Do you think the Hammers can win the europa
Hey David

I had high hopes we could win it a month ago, but with no central defenders I’m not so sure now, but I’m Originally from Southend on sea, but been living in Cairns since 2008. How about you ?

Reactions: 1 users
Good Morning Chippers,

Just thought I would bring it to every ones attention....

Commsec trading platform

On the Sell side,

Someone is prepared to sell 1,400 units @ $916.28 each.

I Like their enthusiasm.

Regards,
Esq.
If they were truly confident they would hold out for the extra 2 cents. FF

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Nasdaq rebounds on Wall St rally - but should we care here in Australia depends on whether you are an investor or a trader.

Investor - not really but pleased for US retail shareholders

Trader - damn I need volatility and I spent all weekend on social media promoting a Wall Street crash to promote uncertainty among Aussie retail.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
At 11.50pm last night @Slade secretly posted the following link and the article itself on another thread. If you are an investor in Brainchip not a trader or even a manipulator you need to read it it to fully comprehend the size of the Tiger you have by the tail here at Brainchip.

Great find @Slade
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hi FF,

Yes Slade's article was amazeballs, thanks Slade :)

Here it is again.

Endpoint Intelligence​

Kaushal Vora

Kaushal Vora
Senior Director

Making the Endpoint Intelligent​

The Internet of Things (IOT) has transformed the fabric of the world into a smarter and more responsive one by merging the digital and physical universes into one. Over the past few years, the IoT has exhibited exponential growth across a wide range of applications. According to a McKinsey study, the IoT will have an economic impact of $4 - $11 trillion by 2025. The edge continues to become more intelligent, and vendors are racing to support more connected and smart endpoint devices.
End Point AI

Backed by secure cloud infrastructure, smart connected devices offer many advantages which include the cost of ownership, resource efficiency, flexibility, and convenience. However, the process of transferring data back and forth from a device to the cloud results in additional latency and privacy risks during the data transfer. This is generally not an issue for non-real-time, low-latency applications, but for businesses that rely on real-time analytics with a need to quickly respond to events as they happen, this could end up in a major performance bottleneck.
Imagine an industrial plant where the use of real-time data analytics and intelligent machine to sensor communication can significantly optimise the overall operations, logistics and supply chain. Data generated from such industrial sensors and control devices would be particularly beneficial for factory operators as it could enable them to overcome any challenges by pre-empting anomaly detection, prevent costly production errors and above all make the workplace safe.
This presents a real need to perform localised machine learning processing and analytics that would help reduce latency for critical applications, prevent data breaches, and effectively manage the data being generated by IoT devices. The only way to accomplish this is to bring the computation of data closer to where it is collected, namely the endpoint, rather than sending that data all the way back to a centralised cloud or datacentre for processing.
Combining high-performance IoT devices with ML capabilities has unlocked new use cases and applications that resulted in the phenomenon of Artificial Intelligence of Things. The possibilities of AIoT — AI at the edge — are endless. For instance, visualise hearing aids that utilise algorithms to filter background noise from conversations. Likewise envision smart-home devices that rely on facial and vocal recognition to switch to a user’s personalised settings. These personalised insights, decisions and predictions are a possibility because of a concept called Endpoint Intelligence or Endpoint AI.
Endpoint AI is a new frontier in the space of artificial intelligence which brings the processing power of AI to the edge. It is a revolutionary way of managing information, accumulating relevant data, and making decisions locally on a device. Endpoint AI employs intelligent functionality at the edge of the network. In other words, it transforms the IoT devices that are used to compute data into smarter tools with AI features. This equips them with real-time decision-making capabilities and functionalities. The goal is to bring machine learning based intelligent decision-making physically closer to the source of the data. As illustrated below, pre-trained AI/ML models can now effectively be deployed at the endpoint enabling higher system efficiency vs traditional cloud connected IoT Systems.
Traditional IoT vs Artificial Intelligence of things

Traditional IoT vs Artificial Intelligence of Things
Endpoint AI basically uses machine learning algorithms that run on local edge devices to make decisions without having to send information to cloud servers (or at least reduce how much information is sent).
With the vast amount of real-time data collected from IoT devices, intelligent machine learning algorithms are the most efficient way to get valuable insights from the data. However, these machine learning algorithms can be complex as they require higher compute power and a larger memory. Furthermore, the time frame required to identify patterns and make accurate decisions in huge datasets can be quite lengthy.

In the past, the ability to adopt efficient machine learning algorithms on constrained devices like a microcontroller was simply unimaginable, but this is now possible with advancements in the TinyML space. TinyML has been a game-changer for many embedded applications as it allows users to run ML algorithms directly on microcontrollers. This enables more efficient energy management, data protection, faster response times, and footprint optimised AI/ML endpoint-capable algorithms.
Additionally, the new generation of multi-purpose Microcontrollers now offers sufficient compute power, intelligent power-saving peripherals, and most importantly, robust security engines that enable the mandatory privacy of data within the device. This allows for new applications in the AIoT space as well as new types of data processing, latency, and security solutions that can operate offline as well as online.
Let's look briefly into the advantages of Endpoint AI.

Privacy and Security - A Prerequisite​

At the heart of effective endpoint AI is data collection and analysis — often in environments where privacy and security are paramount concerns due to some regulations or business needs.
Endpoint AI is fundamentally more secure. Data isn’t just sent to the cloud - it is being processed right in the endpoint itself. According to the F-Secure report, IoT endpoints were the “top target of internet attacks in 2019” and another study suggests that IoT devices experience an average of 5,200 attacks per month. These attacks mostly arise due to the transfer and flow of data from IoT devices into the cloud. Being able to analyse data without moving it outside its original environment provides an added layer of protection against hackers.

Efficient Data Transfer​

Centralised processing of data entails that data be relocated from its source to a centralised location where it can be analysed. The time spent transferring the data can be significant and poses a risk for inaccurate results especially if the underlying circumstances have changed considerably between collection and analysis.
Endpoint AI transmits data from devices, sensors, and machines to an edge data centre or cloud, significantly reducing the time for decisive actions and increasing the efficiency of the transfer, processing, and results.
Some processing can be done on distributed sources (edge devices) effectively reducing network traffic, improving accuracy, and reducing costs.

Minimal wait time​

A latency of 1,500 milliseconds (1.5 seconds) is the limit for an e-commerce site to achieve a similar user experience as a brick-and-mortar store. Users will not tolerate such a delay and they will leave, resulting in lower revenues. With Endpoint AI, latency is reduced by transforming data closer to where it is collected. This enables software and hardware solutions to be deployed seamlessly, with zero downtime.

Reliability When it Matters​

Another key advantage of endpoint AI is reliability as fundamentally it is less dependent on the cloud, improving overall system performance and reducing the risk of data loss risk.
Endpoint AI ensures that your information is always available, and never leaves the edge, allowing independent and real time decision-making. The decisions must be accurate and done in real-time. The only way to achieve this is to implement AI at the edge.

All in One Device​

Endpoint AI offers the ability to integrate multimodal AI/ML architectures that can help enhance system performance, functionality and above all safety. For example, a voice + vision functionality combination is particularly well suited for hands-free AI-based vision systems. Voice recognition activates objects and facial recognition for critical vision-based tasks for applications like smart surveillance or hands-free video conferencing systems. Vision AI recognition may also be used to monitor operator behaviour, control critical operations, or manage error or risk detection across a number of commercial or industrial applications.

A Sustainable and viable approach​

Integrating AI and ML capabilities with high-performance on-device compute has opened up a new world of possibilities for developing highly sustainable solutions. This integration has resulted in portable, smarter, energy-efficient, and more economical devices. AI can be harnessed to help manage environmental impacts across a variety of applications e.g., AI-infused clean distributed energy grids, precision agriculture, sustainable supply chains, environmental monitoring as well as enhanced weather and disaster prediction and response.
Renesas is actively involved in providing ready-made AI/ML solutions and approaches as references within various applications and systems. Together with its partners, Renesas offers a comprehensive and highly optimised AI/ML end-point capable solution both from the hardware as well as from the software side. Fulfilling hereby all the attributes that need to be considered as a necessity from the very beginning.

The impact of AI isn’t just in the cloud; it will be everywhere and in everything. Localised on-device intelligence, reduced latency, data integrity, faster action, scalability, and more are what Endpoint AI is all about, making the opportunities in this new AI frontier endless.
So now is the time for developers, product managers, and business stakeholders to take advantage of this huge opportunity by building better AIoT systems that would solve real world problems and generate new revenue streams.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Mercedes EQS Versus BMW ix

Mercedes EQS - Extract 1
It's also a car that watches you and, through AI, learns your habits. There are 350 sensors, and as you drive you're being continually monitored. For example, look at the right (driver's side) wing mirror and the EQS knows that's the side you may want adjusting. Look left and the toggle will adjust the left mirror. Plus, the parking cameras automatically record any car-park knocks, so you'll know the guilty vehicle.

Mercedes EQS - Extract 2
The Mercedes has the better voice control. Just as well because the MBUX 2.0 system has a lot of menus to dig through.

BMW ix - Extract 1

It has AI so it 'learns' the way you drive and your preferred destinations.

BMW ix - Extract 2
There's adaptive regenerative braking, which uses the car's front camera, radar and the nav to automatically decide the best time to coast (for instance, an open road ahead) or engage higher levels of brake regen, such as when it senses a car or a junction ahead. (The gadget-laden Merc has this, too.)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Nasdaq rebounds on Wall St rally - but should we care here in Australia depends on whether you are an investor or a trader.

Investor - not really but pleased for US retail shareholders

Trader - damn I need volatility and I spent all weekend on social media promoting a Wall Street crash to promote uncertainty among Aussie retail.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Anyone notice that BRN opened down.

How can this be traditional wisdom tells us we are tied like a lame dog to the Nasdaq tree.

Today we were to see a blood bath as the Nasdaq and Wall Street were on a highway to hell.

This did not happen so logic would dictate BRN would hold its ground or increase slightly following Wall Street.

Clearly as I said on the weekend we are not tied to the US as even Japan is more important to our economy.

The lockdowns in China our largest trading partner which is three times more important to us than the USA as far as our economy and markets are concerned is the cause of ASX market hesitation today.

If Wall Street had dropped its bundle the present hesitation would have been attributed to it to continue the myth.

The great thing about being an investor and not a trader where Brainchip is concerned this is all just one big academic thought bubble.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Iseki

Regular

Has the EAP (Early Access Program) ended or is Brainchip still offering $50K support contracts to prospective large scale OEM's?

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Shadow59

Regular
Anyone notice that BRN opened down.

How can this be traditional wisdom tells us we are tied like a lame dog to the Nasdaq tree.

Today we were to see a blood bath as the Nasdaq and Wall Street were on a highway to hell.

This did not happen so logic would dictate BRN would hold its ground or increase slightly following Wall Street.

Clearly as I said on the weekend we are not tied to the US as even Japan is more important to our economy.

The lockdowns in China our largest trading partner which is three times more important to us than the USA as far as our economy and markets are concerned is the cause of ASX market hesitation today.

If Wall Street had dropped its bundle the present hesitation would have been attributed to it to continue the myth.

The great thing about being an investor and not a trader where Brainchip is concerned this is all just one big academic thought bubble.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The Dow and Nasdaq were down considerably on Friday, whilst they recovered a little yesterday when our market was closed they are still "net" down from Friday. So we possibly are still reflecting the overall loss.

Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom