BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Yes,
I have noticed that the Safran + Diota relationship continues to evolve, but everything is very quiet as far as Brainchip is concerned ?
From 2017
It was developed by the Diota company in Massy-Palaiseau, in which Safran Corporate Ventures took a stake in 2016. The system also uses an image processing application to check that the cable is correctly plugged in, produced by Spikenet Technology (BrainChip) in Toulouse.“We want to validate the system by the summer to deploy an industrial solution in 2018 on all the wiring sites that make complicated plug-ins ,” says Valentin Safir.

Safran as a customer is an absolute octopus for Brainchip. Just wish there was something a little more concrete to chew on.
Any current supporting linkages between Diota and Brainchip would do the trick, given Safran have a financial interest etc.
Hi Taproot,

Here's a thought - Brainchip Studio was a precursor of Akida, and, I'm guessing, evolved from Spikenet.

Now a part of the Akida Development Environment ADE/MetaTF is an Akida software simulator, which may be an updated version of, or a replacement for BrainChip Studio.

So it is not impossible that BrainChip has been able to continue support for BrainChip Studio customers incidentally to developing the Akida SoC.

Sydney, Australia – 28 February, 2019:
BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), the leading neuromorphic computing company, today provided a product development and business update. Akida product development Since inception BrainChip has been committed to providing an artificial intelligence solution as an integrated circuit.
The Company’s acquisition of Spikenet Technologies in September of 2016 has provided software validation of a spiking neural network (SNN) specific to image processing. The Spikenet research and engineering team have proved invaluable in the area of image processing and have provided significant insight for the development of Akida

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Slade

Top 20
All I have on my mind at the moment is the Quarterly. Let’s go BrainChip!!!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 22 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
As poor old Molly used to say DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR and take a listen to this podcast.

I apologise in advance for the Vice President of World Wide Sales at Brainchip being over the top excited about the product he is selling called AKIDA Technology.

I also apologise for the podcast host being more excited about AKIDA Technology than Rob Telson and for his over the top statements at the end of the podcast that AKIDA technology is going to change the World.

I know some retail investors will get carried away and buy shares in Brainchip just because of their combined enthusiasm so please don’t do that actually listen to why they are so excited then decide whether to invest.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I love the miss-quote on the podcast page. (https://www.techprounicorn.com/brai...ions-on-a-chip-rob-telson-vp-sales-brainchip/)

”BrainChip also predicts it’ll be worth $60 billion by 2025!”

That’s not actually what Rob said (Rob was talking about the TAM, and he corrected the $60 billion to $70-75 billion anyway). But hey, it’s a great message that I love being spread publicly.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Slade

Top 20
Are we sure that Akida is not in this?

Time is a valuable and precious asset – and with DRIVE PILOT, our Level 3 conditionally automated driving system, we plan to offer our clients this new level of luxury enabled by technology: additional time while driving. In December 2021, I told you about the ground-breaking news that we at Mercedes-Benz AG are the first automotive manufacturer in the world to receive the world's first internationally valid system approval for conditionally automated driving (SAE Level 3). As a first step, we’re offering this world-leading technology to our customers in Germany in the first half of 2022. Moreover, we’re working intensively to obtain approval from the authorities for the two U.S. states of California and Nevada by the end of this year – assuming the legal and regulatory framework allows for the use of the system. We’re super happy that our DRIVE PILOT meets the demanding regulatory equirements of the international UN-R157 for a Level 3 system enabling conditionally automated driving. Together with the corresponding legal framework, it initiates a radical paradigm shift that permits the vehicle to take over the driving task under certain conditions. This ultimate luxury experience enables our customers to win back precious time when in the car through relaxation or productivity. For instance, they can communicate via in-car office tools, browse the internet or sit back and relax. We’re very confident and extremely excited to bring this new level of luxury to the customers in the states soon. Want to know more about our technology? Our DRIVE PILOT builds on the surround sensors of the Driving Assistance Package and comprises additional sensors that we consider indispensable for safe, conditionally automated driving. These include LiDAR and a camera in the rear window along with microphones, used for detecting signals from emergency vehicles. There is also a wetness sensor at the wheel as well. Our #SClass with the optional DRIVE PILOT also has redundant steering and braking systems as well as a redundant on-board electrical system. The top priority for us at Mercedes-Benz when introducing such a system is safety, which includes high demands on operational reliability. The exact location of the S-Class is determined using a highly accurate positioning system. This is much more powerful than a conventional GPS. In addition, data obtained from satellite navigation are matched with sensor data and data from an HD map. The type of data collected by LiDAR, camera, radar and ultrasonic sensors can include information on road geometry, route characteristics, landmarks or traffic signs.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Taproot

Regular
Hi Taproot,

Here's a thought - Brainchip Studio was a precursor of Akida, and, I'm guessing, evolved from Spikenet.

Now a part of the Akida Development Environment ADE/MetaTF is an Akida software simulator, which may be an updated version of, or a replacement for BrainChip Studio.

So it is not impossible that BrainChip has been able to continue support for BrainChip Studio customers incidentally to developing the Akida SoC.

Sydney, Australia – 28 February, 2019:
BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN), the leading neuromorphic computing company, today provided a product development and business update. Akida product development Since inception BrainChip has been committed to providing an artificial intelligence solution as an integrated circuit.
The Company’s acquisition of Spikenet Technologies in September of 2016 has provided software validation of a spiking neural network (SNN) specific to image processing. The Spikenet research and engineering team have proved invaluable in the area of image processing and have provided significant insight for the development of Akida
That makes sense,
You would think, however, that surely Safran would be still engaged with Brainchip thru Akida given its abilities re: image processing,
They were pretty keen on Spikenet back in the day.

Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I wait patiently for @Diogenese to emerge from the barrel on the mount to hand down his patent wisdom to the assembled masses.

@Diogenese is the one true hope.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Diogenese limited apologizes for the delay in transmission - the target was masquerading under an alias.

Diotasoft

They have 5 patents/applications
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pat...811264/publication/WO2021123671A1?q=diotasoft
most of which are in french, and Espacenet translator is on the blink.

However they do have one PCT application which has an English abstract:
WO2021123671A1 METHOD FOR SELECTING SURFACE POINTS FROM A CAD MODEL FOR LOCATING INDUSTRIAL 3D OBJECTS, APPLICATION OF THIS METHOD TO THE LOCATION OF INDUSTRIAL 3D OBJECTS, AND AUGMENTED REALITY SYSTEM USING 3D OBJECTS THUS LOCATED

A method for automatically selecting 3D points from a CAD model, for 3D locating of an industrial object, comprising the following steps: generating a geometric model from the CAD model; previously designating reference viewpoints from a priori knowledge of the current viewpoints of the camera; acquiring, by means of a camera, a plurality of images taken from viewpoints of interest of said object; associating each acquired image with a reference viewpoint in order to form sub-sets of images (partitions) and identifying a reference image for each partition; and selecting n 3D surface points for each partition. Use, in particular for locating industrial 3D objects, in augmented reality equipment.

The highlighted tasks would be susceptible to Akida's charms.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

M_C

Founding Member
Who is BrainChip's customer(s) - Mercedes, LG, Cerence or all of them????...

This morning I've been delving into LG's newest premium in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) system. Back in 2020 Cerence signed a memorandum of understanding with LG Electronics LG to develop software that integrates the infotainment system with Cerence’s AI Reference Kit (ARK).

Here's an excerpt from an article about the memorandum which talks about their aim to offer "a wider range of AI-powered experiences for both manufacturers and auto customers".

Extract Only
The companies say they aim to create and advance a more convenient in-car experience through voice commands, allowing drivers and passengers to have far more control over car functions, navigation and multimedia content.

The partnership is designed to deliver more efficient management of resources to integrate Cerence ARK with webOS Auto, giving OEMs and tier-one manufacturers a pre-packaged, full-stack IVI software system that will shorten the time to market, bring an immersive voice experience and rich content ecosystem to connected cars and improve the user experience inside the vehicle.

“We look forward to this collaboration with Cerence to develop a turnkey voice solution for today’s auto and component makers to accelerate the arrival of the connected car,” said IP Park, president and CTO of LG Electronics. “We will continue to evolve webOS Auto by offering a wider range of AI-powered experiences for both manufacturers and auto customers.”

At the Mercedes EQXX reveal, Mercedes chief technology officer Markus Schäfer noted that the concept was a running and driving protoype, which uses "a version of the existing MBUX infotainment system". I'm going to assume that Markus is referring to a version meaning the one now being powered by AKIDA.

So, wouldn't Mercedes need to get permission from LG/Cerence to embed AKIDA in the existing infotainment system, or would it be more likley that LG and Cerence were customers already?

😵‍💫

ALL OF THEM 🔥

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Taproot

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Taproot

Regular
I love the miss-quote on the podcast page. (https://www.techprounicorn.com/brai...ions-on-a-chip-rob-telson-vp-sales-brainchip/)

”BrainChip also predicts it’ll be worth $60 billion by 2025!”

That’s not actually what Rob said (Rob was talking about the TAM, and he corrected the $60 billion to $70-75 billion anyway). But hey, it’s a great message that I love being spread publicly.
Geez, if it's a quarter of that number - My family and I and every generation that follows will never have to work again.
Exciting stuff 😁

• Love
  • Fire
Geez, if it's a quarter of that number - My family and I and every generation that follows will never have to work again.
Exciting stuff 😁
Hi @Diogenese & @ Taproot
Thank you both for your extraordinary contributions. My little Cherry for the cake is to be found in the list of Diota’s known associates.
It seems the solution to this puzzle is rather elementary:

About​

Diota is a provider of Augmented Reality software solutions dedicated to industry.

Highlights​

Total Funding Amount €10M
Employee Profiles 2
Investors 5

Recent News & Activity​

Funding Round•Jan 29, 2019
Diota raised €7,000,000 / Series Bfrom Calao Finance and 3 other investors
Discover more funding rounds
Funding Round•Sep 19, 2016
Diota raised €3,000,000 / Series Afrom Calao Finance and 2 other investors
Discover more funding rounds

Details​

Edit Details Section
Diota is a provider of Augmented Reality software solutions dedicated to industry.
Strong technological innovations along with business-oriented solutions make of the company a key player of the digital factory and industrial competitiveness, notably in the aircraft, railway, shipbuilding, automotive, oil & gas and chemical industries,in
France and Europe. Among Diota’s major references are Safran Group, Dassault Aviation, DCNS, SNCF, PSA Group, Renault, Volkswagen, Daimler, Air Liquide, Total, Bouygues Construction…
READ LESS
Did someone say Daimler/Mercedes Benz with Renault thrown in. For those who do not know look to the CV of a Brainchip employee in France for the Renault link.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Diogenese limited apologizes for the delay in transmission - the target was masquerading under an alias.

Diotasoft

They have 5 patents/applications
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pat...811264/publication/WO2021123671A1?q=diotasoft
most of which are in french, and Espacenet translator is on the blink.

However they do have one PCT application which has an English abstract:
WO2021123671A1 METHOD FOR SELECTING SURFACE POINTS FROM A CAD MODEL FOR LOCATING INDUSTRIAL 3D OBJECTS, APPLICATION OF THIS METHOD TO THE LOCATION OF INDUSTRIAL 3D OBJECTS, AND AUGMENTED REALITY SYSTEM USING 3D OBJECTS THUS LOCATED

A method for automatically selecting 3D points from a CAD model, for 3D locating of an industrial object, comprising the following steps: generating a geometric model from the CAD model; previously designating reference viewpoints from a priori knowledge of the current viewpoints of the camera; acquiring, by means of a camera, a plurality of images taken from viewpoints of interest of said object; associating each acquired image with a reference viewpoint in order to form sub-sets of images (partitions) and identifying a reference image for each partition; and selecting n 3D surface points for each partition. Use, in particular for locating industrial 3D objects, in augmented reality equipment.

The highlighted tasks would be susceptible to Akida's charms.
Digging deeper into the PCT patent specification, Diota use CNN, so I don't see how BrainChip can help them ...
without dragging them into the 21st century.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

M_C

Founding Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220425-170829_LinkedIn.jpg
    Screenshot_20220425-170829_LinkedIn.jpg
    904.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Proga

Regular
Are we sure that Akida is not in this?

Time is a valuable and precious asset – and with DRIVE PILOT, our Level 3 conditionally automated driving system, we plan to offer our clients this new level of luxury enabled by technology: additional time while driving. In December 2021, I told you about the ground-breaking news that we at Mercedes-Benz AG are the first automotive manufacturer in the world to receive the world's first internationally valid system approval for conditionally automated driving (SAE Level 3). As a first step, we’re offering this world-leading technology to our customers in Germany in the first half of 2022. Moreover, we’re working intensively to obtain approval from the authorities for the two U.S. states of California and Nevada by the end of this year – assuming the legal and regulatory framework allows for the use of the system. We’re super happy that our DRIVE PILOT meets the demanding regulatory equirements of the international UN-R157 for a Level 3 system enabling conditionally automated driving. Together with the corresponding legal framework, it initiates a radical paradigm shift that permits the vehicle to take over the driving task under certain conditions. This ultimate luxury experience enables our customers to win back precious time when in the car through relaxation or productivity. For instance, they can communicate via in-car office tools, browse the internet or sit back and relax. We’re very confident and extremely excited to bring this new level of luxury to the customers in the states soon. Want to know more about our technology? Our DRIVE PILOT builds on the surround sensors of the Driving Assistance Package and comprises additional sensors that we consider indispensable for safe, conditionally automated driving. These include LiDAR and a camera in the rear window along with microphones, used for detecting signals from emergency vehicles. There is also a wetness sensor at the wheel as well. Our #SClass with the optional DRIVE PILOT also has redundant steering and braking systems as well as a redundant on-board electrical system. The top priority for us at Mercedes-Benz when introducing such a system is safety, which includes high demands on operational reliability. The exact location of the S-Class is determined using a highly accurate positioning system. This is much more powerful than a conventional GPS. In addition, data obtained from satellite navigation are matched with sensor data and data from an HD map. The type of data collected by LiDAR, camera, radar and ultrasonic sensors can include information on road geometry, route characteristics, landmarks or traffic signs.
Hi Slade,

Not sure but the release in the 1st half of this year looks to be a touch too early to be using Akida. The 2nd qtr 4c released in July will tell us.

Reactions: 5 users

M_C

Founding Member
All is not what meets the eye with Intel imo, INTEL have more to lose than most when it comes to AKIDA.

Even DELL have publicly stated that they have no qualms about ditching INTEL for the next best thing......

There have been multiple interactions between BRN and INTEL on LinkedIn over an extended period of time, and more so recently.

Brainchip have jumped to Mike Davies defence in the past with regards to criticism he's copped from brn shareholders......NOT TO MENTION Mike Davies has publicly suggested people "talk to brainchip" if they want a commercially available Neuromorphic chip.......

IMO .........INTEL are a strong chance of doing business with brn.....pure speculation
A while ago (on the crapper) i posted a long winded rant about Intel and how they stand to lose a lot due to the rise of akida, and how they were "creating loihi 2" as a precursor to "magically" releasing a "breakthrough neuromorphic chip" with our ip............

This article i believe, supports that theory in it's infancy......

Speculation only, dyor.

• Fire
  • Haha
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
  • Wow

Slade

Top 20
im calling it that yr calling it correct and im calling it a year earlier as well. anyone want to raise me or call it 😀
I am with your early call.

Reactions: 9 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
im calling it that yr calling it correct and im calling it a year earlier as well. anyone want to raise me or call it 😀
I'll have a gin and tonic and 50 bucks on black. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
My reasoning for 2024 is based on the following:

1. Valeo has announced on its website it will be released 2024,

2. Valeo is already being used by Mercedes for the valet parking trial in the USA, and

3. Mercedes Benz has stated they will be releasing their EV incorporating all the EQXX advances in 2024.

So 2024 is going to be when this one facet of the AKIDA technology Revolution comes together.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
Top Bottom