BRN Discussion Ongoing

Justchilln

Regular
Just chillin.................2nd post about negativity today? Whats up dude? Hmm?

Ok unless Peter & Anil and the other 3 major management holders have sold ANY of their shares since last August then they hold a BLOCKING vote for any Take Over. PERIOD.
ADD to that number all the LT holders here and elsewhere completes that picture! Anyone invested here should/would know that. Its been recounted late last year and still stands UNLESS management & co have sold any shares since last August 2021.
So that is the only question left unanswered until end of this week with the 4C.

Yak52.
Thanks Yak
I m not being negative at all I was just hoping someone could answer my question to put my mind at ease…..
What is the blocking vote if I might ask?
I think Peter holds about 11% of SOI the others much less….
I thought they would need a lot more but that’s why I asked.
Thanks for your help.

Reactions: 3 users

Yak52

Regular
I like the way we are marketing ourselves.
There's a lot of talk about NDA's. They work in our favour.
Ever played bridge? And finessed your opponent? The same logic applies here - because you don't know exactly who is dealing with Brainchip you need to assume your competitors are, so you had better find out about this Akida chip and IP.

Intel must be concerned that AMD could use our IP in a new Ryzen just as ARM must be concerned that Risc-V / SiFive are checking us out,
Just as BMW must be concerned that they didn't know Mercedes were looking at us.

We should remember these things when the Quarterly comes out and doomers throw up their arms ("no names, no 1000% revenue increase..")

I'll definitely be putting in a low offer for more shares in case.
Yes these points are to be remembered when the 4C comes out. Eyes must be watching and getting wider at the growing success of Brainchip!
As an add on to my previous post regarding Management having BLOCKING votes against any T/O , I am sure that management have been approached by large Corp to facilitate a T/O and they have left empty handed.
At least for now! The future who can say?

But it is any interesting question to bring up at the AGM.
Have any management ( Peter/Anil) been approached to facilitate a T/O at any time and if so who was it? Normally these (if) official approaches must be announced on the ASX but now days ???
These "approaches" are usually first done unofficially and as a sounding off of the Boards willingness to support a T/O and what would that therefore take to seal a deal.

Yak52

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Yak52

Regular
Thanks Yak
I m not being negative at all I was just hoping someone could answer my question to put my mind at ease…..
What is the blocking vote if I might ask?
I think Peter holds about 11% of SOI the others much less….
I thought they would need a lot more but that’s why I asked.
Thanks for your help.
Without going back and researching the numbers Management hold aprox 20-21% in Total.
I think it was 16% with Peter % Anil alone. (don't quote me!)

Any T/O would require one (Peter) or Anil plus other Management to agree or of course IF both agree that would work also.

The big point here would be LT Holders such as us. If Anil and Peter so no its definitely off because it would require all retail and insto shares to come even close to the required numbers and would still probably be short!
I am positive many here would NOT sell out Peter or Anil which means any T/O must have the approval of both Peter & Anil to succeed.
Not impossible but certainly not in the near future!

Lastly the Courts would have a terrible decision trying to put a "true" value to BrainChip for I think at least 10 yrs while we go through continual massive explosion & growth! Somebody somewhere would contest the T/O.

Yak52.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Anyone dug into Silicon Labs previously?

Trying to figure out their "in house" AI/ML accelerator to see if any connections.

They not saying much about it apparently.

Some article info below and I know they also connected to Edge Impulse like BRN :unsure:

Also is inference on the chip...no cloud requirement apparently :unsure:

Article below and their latest data sheet attached.

Silicon Labs unveils Matter-ready 2.4-GHz wireless SoCs​

Posted on February 8, 2022 by Gina Roos
Silicon Labs’s 2.4-GHz wireless SoCs with integrated AI/ML accelerators improve AI/ML performance with lower energy consumption.

Matter-ready and built for artificial intelligence inferencing at the edge, Silicon Labs has unveiled the BG24 and MG24 families of 2.4-GHz wireless SoCs with integrated artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) accelerators and support for multiple protocols. The company also released a new software toolkit to help developers build AI and ML algorithms using popular tool suites like TensorFlow.

The hardware and software platform was developed to help bring AI/ML applications and wireless high performance to battery-powered IoT edge devices. The new hardware also supports Matter, ZigBee, OpenThread, Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth mesh, proprietary and multi-protocol operation.
Silicon Labs claims the 2.4-GHz wireless SoCs are the first with integrated AI/ML accelerators. As the first ultra-low powered devices with dedicated AI/ML accelerators built-in, the BG24 and MG24 are said to ease performance and energy penalties when deploying AI or ML at the edge.

This is “going to start to be pretty compelling for our customers. You can do inference on end-node devices without having to push data to the cloud,” said Ross Sabolcik, VP/GM of Industrial and Commercial IoT, at Silicon Labs.

The specialized hardware is designed to handle complex calculations. Silicon Labs’s internal testing showing up to a 4× improvement in AI/ML performance along with up to a 6× improvement in energy efficiency. “Because the ML calculations are happening on the local device rather than in the cloud, network latency is eliminated for faster decision-making and actions,” said the company.

“If you’re going to do [AI] inference and you’re at the edge, power consumption becomes really important,” said Sabolcik. “When we added the accelerator a big focus was ‘okay, you can do inference at the edge, but if it kills your battery life then there’s no advantage to it.’ You might as well wake up the radio and push the data to the cloud if you have the bandwidth.”

The challenge was to make it usable within the constraints of a battery-powered edge node, he said. “We can run 4× faster doing the inferences with the engine versus the MCU core with a 6× to 10× improvement in energy efficiency.”

Not only can AI/ML improve existing applications it also opens up new applications. “There’s a huge appetite in the industry to find ways to use AI/ML at the edge. Some of those use cases are there and maturing and others are emerging.”

A few examples cited include wake-word detection for audio, simple video analysis, security sensing such as glass-break sensors, occupancy sensing, and predictive maintenance.

More features

The 2.4-GHz wireless SoCs support proprietary and multi-protocol operation (including including Zigbee, OpenThread, Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth mesh), depending on the SoC, and include larger memory devices and upgraded peripherals, together with a high-performance radio.

“The fact that we have all those wireless protocols in one house makes Silicon Labs attractive to customers in that we can be a one-stop shop for applications that need to mix and match those protocols. I think that’s a real strength of ours,” said Sabolcik.

“We see ourselves as fairly agnostic,” he added. “We want customers to pick the best solution based on their needs.”

This combination of supporting all of the protocols – Matter, Thread, Zigbee, Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth mesh, the ability to do the multi-protocol support, the inclusion of the AI/ML accelerator, the larger memories to allow for field upgradeability and futureproofing, and adding the rich peripheral set, and doing all this on battery power in edge-node devices “is industry leading and pretty unique in what we’re bringing to the table, said Sabolcik.

Part of the bold claim is also based on the SoCs’ radio, which is the company’s highest performance radio in the 2.4-GHz space, offering a high output power of up to 20 dBm, along with “extremely” good sensitivity on the receive side and very low power consumption, targeting line-powered or battery-powered end nodes.

“There are a couple reasons why output power could be important,” said Sabolcik. “The first is if you’re trying to achieve a longer range. If you can broadcast at a higher output power that can better result in a longer range.”

Another reason is a constrained form factor, he added. “If your form factor is constrained and you don’t have the luxury of having a super-efficient antenna that you can put either on your board or in your case, output power can overcome some of those antenna limitations.”

A third reason is to improve your link budget, Sabolcik said. “Even if you need a shorter range, you could see better throughput and less data error.”

Silicon Labs also didn’t skimp on the compute side. In addition to the high-performance 2.4-GHz radio, the single-die BG24 and MG24 SoCs combine a 78-MHz ARM Cortex-M33 processor, an optimized combination of Flash (up to 1536 kB), and up to 256 kB of RAM. The AI/ML accelerator processes the ML algorithms while offloading the ARM Cortex-M33.

The devices deliver the company’s largest memory and flash capacity in its portfolio. “This means that the device can evolve for multi-protocol support, Matter, and trained ML algorithms for large datasets, said Sabolcik.

The company also beefed up the peripherals, in particular with a 20-bit ADC. “In addition, we have a lot of peripherals that we’ve added to this device including a very high-performance ADC to interface and sense with the world,” he said. “We’ve always had ADCs but getting it to a 20-bit ADC is new for us and opens a lot of new applications.”

Building on its security roadmap, the SoCs come with PSA Level 3 security. With PSA Level 3 Secure Vault protection, the devices provide the security needed for devices in smart homes, medical equipment, and industrial applications.

On the tool side, in addition to natively supporting TensorFlow, Silicon Labs has partnered with leading AI and ML tool providers like SensiML and Edge Impulse to simplify the development of machine-learning models for embedded wireless applications. These tools, together with Silicon Labs’s Simplicity Studio and the BG24 and MG24 SoCs, enable developers to create applications that use data from various connected devices, all communicating with each other using Matter to make intelligent machine learning-driven decisions, said the company.

Development and testing the new platform is underway in a closed Alpha program. The EFR32BG24 and EFR32MG24 SoCs in 5 × 5 mm QFN40 and 6 × 6 mm QFN48 packages will be available for mass deployment in April 2022. Multiple evaluation boards are available now. Modules based on the BG24 and MG24 SoCs will be available in the second half of 2022. Resources for more information about the new SoCs include a Tech Talk, “Unboxing the new BG24 and MG24 SoCs.”

View attachment 5005

It is all smoke, mirrors and enough power to run a dozen AKD1000 at full power for a year.

It is an accelerator nothing more with lots of bits added on and claims of low power but it is using the ARM Cortex 33 to do the processing which has even more smoke and mirrors but if you dig deep enough you find at its most frugal is running at 1.65 watts then you have to add in all the extras that they are adding to accelerate it so who knows my guess is 3 to 5 watts all up. The low power readings they give are all for when it is basically turned off not doing anything unlike AKD1000 which is on all the time but only processes when something happens:

1650941667085.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Justchilln

Regular
Without going back and researching the numbers Management hold aprox 20-21% in Total.

Any T/O would require one (Peter) or Anil plus other Management to agree or of course IF both agree that would work also.

The big point here would be LT Holders such as us. If Anil and Peter so no its definitely off because it would require all retail and insto shares to come even close to the required numbers and would still probably be short!
I am positive many here would NOT sell out Peter or Anil which means any T/O must have the approval of both Peter & Anil to succeed.

Lastly the Courts would have a terrible decision trying to put a "true" value to BrainChip for I think at least 10 yrs while we go through continual massive explosion & growth! Somebody somewhere would contest the T/O.

Yak52.
Yep that’s exactly how I feel also,
I can’t see it happening, I think most of the top 100 or 200 holders know the potential of the company and won’t be selling.
I know I won’t.

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Dijon101

Regular
I'm mostly pleased that we've been consolidating around the 90's.
No doubt bigger whales are in charge and are keeping the price around where they want to accumulate.

Still holding true until the next big piece of news or announcement.

Reactions: 6 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.

Yak52.
Afternoon Yak52,

Cheers for your thoughts.

Although at $916.28 per share , I'd certainly think twice, before rejecting their offer.

Too funny.......... or is it.

Regards,
Esq.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Gemmax

Regular
Plenty of low volume numbers trades going through today.
Just for a change. 🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Yak52

Regular
Afternoon Yak52,

Although at $916.28 per share , I'd certainly think twice, before rejecting their offer.

Regards,
Esq.
Cant put my finger on what its about. Definitely Insto order as we cannot place such a sell price (to far out of the money).

But if they have any interest I have all my shares available for that $916.23 quote!

• Haha
  • Love
Afternoon Yak52,

Regards,
Esq.
Except on one occasion where a retail holder on HC claimed he had put up a similar bid in my opinion these absurd bids are there to distract attention from the fake bids immediately below and let them go unnoticed.

As for the nonsense about a take over from the Annual Report Anil Mankar, Peter van der Made, Adam Osseiran and Robert Mitro hold about 21% of Brainchip.

The top 20 control about 750 million but retail hold around 1 billion.

You need 25% of the shares on issue to block a takeover hostile or otherwise.

If Peter van der Made and company said NO deal and stated logical reasons as Yak52 said they only need to convince about 12% of retail to more than exceed 25% and block any takeover.

This is a dead issue and I doubt the motive behind it being raised given the person raising it has been here long enough to know how to read the Annual Report and 4C’s to find the correct holding numbers. Yet gives the wrong number in a response to Yak.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Cant put my finger on what its about. Definitely Insto order as we cannot place such a sell price (to far out of the money).

But if they have any interest I have all my shares available for that $916.23 quote!
Yak52,

Like you have said , it is definitely some peanut from a institution which has placed the order.

Only reason I can think of for placing such a trade is .... if thay were trying to manipulate the total $ value of SELL trades, as opposed to the total Volume of units for sale.
Which in turn might influence other BOT, Algorithmic trading programs .

Either way it is a blatent example of deceptive behaviour for all to see, except of course the ASX.

Isn't this a example of spoofing the market???
Not on volume but on value.??

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
S

Straw

We can do a package deal with mine as well.
Have no clue what I'd do with that amount of money, maybe stage a hostile takeover of the asx.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I've noticed these unrealistic bid/offer prices on many stocks on the ASX, but this is the biggest offer I've seen so far, more than 1000 times the current trading price. Obviously, the person who placed the offer isn't a retail trader. But what I cannot understand is why? What's the logic behind these unrealistic bid/offer prices?
Fat fingers

• Haha

TechGirl

Founding Member
Except on one occasion where a retail holder on HC claimed he had put up a similar bid in my opinion these absurd bids are there to distract attention from the fake bids immediately below and let them go unnoticed.

As for the nonsense about a take over from the Annual Report Anil Mankar, Peter van der Made, Adam Osseiran and Robert Mitro hold about 21% of Brainchip.

The top 20 control about 750 million but retail hold around 1 billion.

You need 25% of the shares on issue to block a takeover hostile or otherwise.

If Peter van der Made and company said NO deal and stated logical reasons as Yak52 said they only need to convince about 12% of retail to more than exceed 25% and block any takeover.

This is a dead issue and I doubt the motive behind it being raised given the person raising it has been here long enough to know how to read the Annual Report and 4C’s to find the correct holding numbers. Yet gives the wrong number in a response to Yak.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

They don't have to convince me, I already know my answer (y)

Holding Mel Gibson GIF

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Yak52

Regular
We can do a package deal with mine as well.
Have no clue what I'd do with that amount of money, maybe stage a hostile takeover of the asx.
Ha not a bad Idea Straw. Had not thought of that one.
@$916.23 share I was contemplating buying a Country. Maybe Panama or some nice location a long way away from the ASX and the Aussie Gov.
lol. (wishful thinking)

Yak52

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

toasty

Regular
Have to be a small country for me....would only clear around $250M :LOL:

• Love
  • Fire

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Yak52

Regular
Ha not a bad Idea Straw. Had not thought of that one.
@$916.23 share I was contemplating buying a Country. Maybe Panama or some nice location a long way away from the ASX and the Aussie Gov.
lol. (wishful thinking)

Yak52
BUGGER! AGAIN! My 1st born (daughter) is in high school and has got COVID again for the 2nd time in less than 8 weeks! getting passed around continuously it would seem!
So stuck again in Quarantine for 7 days. Big change for QLD comes around this Friday when close contacts can go out if wearing face masks including to school. Our #2 daughter is stuck home until Friday then. Along with wifey.
Funny how no one else (household) has caught COVID off her both times.

Yak52

• Sad
  • Wow

RobjHunt

Regular
I think a little FOMO maybe setting in. Next couple of days will be exciting.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Shadow59

Regular
I think a little FOMO maybe setting in. Next couple of days will be exciting.
Pretty well all my watch list is red today, except BRN at the moment. Would love to see someone post a green baby at the close today.

• Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom