BRN Discussion Ongoing

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
I know this isn't stock related but at Camp Russell in Afghanistan on one of the tables where we had the welfare phones to call home someone had written. " the sad thing about war is it uses our countries best to do its worst, what a waste". They are words burned into my brain and are just so true.
Hopefully the world can mature beyond this one day, but I am not holding my breath.
Sorry a few to many bevies tonight
You've earned them, young fella. Have a great day tomorrow in spite of the sad memories it invokes, mate.

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Slade

Top 20
Hi Proga,

I’m just voicing my opinon as an anonymous poster with no more information other than what I’ve been reading since I first invested in Brainchip in Feb 2021. (I haven’t been invested as long as some!)

As stated previously Valeo are intending to be making 3 billion sensors over the next 5 years. They have an agreement with Brainchip which is protected with an NDA.

We are the only commercially available neuromorphic AI chip.

If Brainchip makes sensors smart why wouldn’t they be included in Valeo’s Lidars?

:)
I believe you are right SG and that Akida is in Valeo's latest Lidar system and will possibly come onto the market some time this year, possibly in a Mercedes S-Class.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Perhaps

Regular
On Linkedin PvdM is following 2 companies. Mercedes-Benz and Inivation. Inivation is working in the field of neuromorphic hardware. Just had a short look, there are connections to Sydney university and a lot more to explore. Maybe worth a deeper investigation.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 22 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Posted this then worked out @uiux had already done so far more comprehensively back in February

I’m more of a simple dot joiner as I do not have a technical background

I’ll leave my post here too in case others missed the one from Uiux like I did. Credit goes to Uiux

Link here to @uiux’s post

View attachment 4902
View attachment 4904
View attachment 4905

View attachment 4906
View attachment 4907

View attachment 4908 View attachment 4909
Thanks for the reminder TLS,

The demo video from December 2019 is at:
https://brainchipinc.com/videos/

Given the recent confirmation of ongoing work with TATA, and the improved performance of the commercial Akida 1000 being available, I reckon the robot will be doing acrobatics now.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Thanks for the reminder TLS,

The demo video from December 2019 is at:
https://brainchipinc.com/videos/

Given the recent confirmation of ongoing work with TATA, and the improved performance of the commercial Akida 1000 being available, I reckon the robot will be doing acrobatics now.

Here are a couple of recent TATA neuromorphic patents. The first one is for gesture recognition using an event camera (DVS) and CSNN, which we can be pretty sure means Akida.

The second one is for a radar application, again using CSNN.

Looking at the drawings, the centre block of the radar patent is near enough identical to the CSNN block of the gesture patent, and the first (input} radar block is also very similar to the input block of the gesture patent.

Several of the TATA (TCS) inventors are common to both patents.

US11256954B2 System and method of gesture recognition using a reservoir based convolutional spiking neural network

1650810883240.png

This disclosure relates to method of identifying a gesture from a plurality of gestures using a reservoir based convolutional spiking neural network. A two-dimensional spike streams is received from neuromorphic event camera as an input. The two-dimensional spike streams associated with at least one gestures from a plurality of gestures is preprocessed to obtain plurality of spike frames. The plurality of spike frames is processed by a multi layered convolutional spiking neural network to learn plurality of spatial features from the at least one gesture. A filter block is deactivated from the plurality of filter blocks corresponds to at least one gesture which are not currently being learnt. A spatio-temporal features is obtained by allowing the spike activations from CSNN layer to flow through the reservoir. The spatial feature is classified by classifier from the CSNN layer and the spatio-temporal features from the reservoir to obtain set of prioritized gestures.

US2021365778A1 SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR REAL-TIME RADAR-BASED ACTION RECOGNITION USING SPIKING NEURAL NETWORK(SNN)

1650810909910.png

This disclosure relates generally to action recognition and more particularly to system and method for real-time radar-based action recognition. The classical machine learning techniques used for learning and inferring human actions from radar images are compute intensive, and require volumes of training data, making them unsuitable for deployment on network edge. The disclosed system utilizes neuromorphic computing and Spiking Neural Networks (SNN) to learn human actions from radar data captured by radar sensor(s). In an embodiment, the disclosed system includes a SNN model having a data pre-processing layer, Convolutional SNN layers and a Classifier layer. The preprocessing layer receives radar data including doppler frequencies reflected from the target and determines a binarized matrix. The CSNN layers extracts features (spatial and temporal) associated with the target's actions based on the binarized matrix. The classifier layer identifies a type of the action performed by the target based on the features.

Ooh! Just gave me goosebumps!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

dippY22

Regular
Latest vacancy just saw while surfing.

Looking for a Junior role to get up to speed on Akida 1.0 but assist the research team in dev of Akida 2.0 :)

BrainChip, Inc.
Laguna Hills, CA
  • Posted: 1 day ago
  • Full-Time
Job Description

Come join the company leading the technological revolution in artificial intelligence. BrainChip is a global technology company producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products.
We are the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low-power and high-performance artificial intelligence technology processors that enables a wide array of applications such as self-driving cars, hearing aids, drones, and agricultural equipment. The event-based neural network processor is inspired by the spiking nature of the human brain and is implemented in an industry-standard digital process.
Our company was recognized as one of the “Startups Worth Watching in 2021” in EE Times’ annual Silicon 100 list of global semiconductor technologies and our founder was named the winner of the AI Hardware 2021 Innovator Award. We have offices in Laguna Hills, California; Toulouse, France; Hyderabad, India; and Perth, Australia. We are also publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange (BRN:ASX) and the OTC Market (BRCHF).
Job Title: Junior Machine Learning Engineer
Reports To: Manager of Applied Research
Department: R&D

SUMMARY:
The Junior Machine Learning Engineer’s primary role is to is to support the research team in developing commercial applications for BrainChip’s Akida Neuromorphic System-on-Chip (NSoC). Some of the target applications include work in computer vision (object classification/detection and face recognition), audio processing (keyword spotting), and sensor fusion. Additionally, this team member will support the research team’s algorithm development for the next version of the Akida NSoC.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Quickly prototyping, training, and testing machine learning (ML) solutions using online code repositories, research publications, or customer specifications
  • Keeping abreast of developments in ML such as new development tools, libraries, and frameworks as well as new ML models/architectures, training techniques, and application pipelines
  • Participating in ML algorithm/hardware co-design tasks
  • Performing, documenting, and presenting detailed analyses related to ML algorithm development, software/hardware benchmarking, and application development
  • Obtaining a thorough understanding of the Akida 1.0 hardware device and associated software stack (MetaTF)
  • Interfacing with customers to discuss ML application goals, constraints, and opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience:
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
  • Course work in machine learning and computer vision
  • Strong programming skills in Python
  • One year experience developing ML applications in either TensorFlow/Keras and/or PyTorch
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Experience in one or more of the following application fields: Image Processing/Computer Vision, ADAS, Anomaly Detection, Audio/Speech Processing, or Sensor Fusion.
Preferred Qualifications:
  • Two plus years’ experience developing ML applications in TensorFlow/Keras and PyTorch
  • Multi-project experience in object classification, object detection, face recognition, and/or keyword spotting
  • Knowledge of deep learning quantization techniques
  • Experience with Docker and Git
  • Experience with Scrum/Agile software development (e.g. Jira)
Benefits Offered:
· Competitive Pay
· Restricted Stock Units
· Bonus Pay up to 10% of annual salary
· 401K with matching
· Free Lunch Daily
· Flexible Work Schedule
· Paid Time Off
· Holiday Pay
· Company-paid Medical HMO, Dental PPO, and Vision Insurance
· Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
· Employee Assistance Program, Caregiver Support, Adoption Assistance Program
· Flexible Spending Account
· Health Savings Account
· Commuter Benefit Program
· Employee Discounts

BrainChip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.

BrainChip, Inc.​

Address​

Laguna Hills, CA
92653 USA

Industry​

Technology

Perhaps this kind of job opening is partially out of desperation for talent in the high demand tech field. Maybe not. But I think it is brilliant. This is a great opportunity for a young person who has proclivities in the tech area but lacks credentials and a killer resume.

When I was hiring staff (long ago), I prided myself in finding motivated but inexperienced candidates for the type of job I was hiring for. My strategy was to hire a solid individual and then train her or him up into MY image. That is to say, the way I wanted this person to complete the job, or the way I did it. This was difficult to do with experienced individuals who inevitably thought they knew how to do things. The preconceived notions these individuals brought to their new job frequently "got in the way" of them doing things my way, or the way I wanted them to do things. I'm sure the Brainchip job is very different than my field and my challenges. .....I'm just sayin....

I was good when I had previously performed their job myself, significantly exceeding performance standards and earning achievement awards. I was a very good teacher and I assured each hire that if they did the job the way I instructed them, then they too would become successful and become award winners too, which many did to my immense satisfaction.

Presuming that a solid candidate is hired, and that Brainchip has the people to successfully train the candidate (... in Brainchips image, so to speak), this is a wonderful strategy in these personnel recruitment trying times. Based on what I know, they do, and they will.
Regards, dippY

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 45 users

Foxdog

Regular
Latest vacancy just saw while surfing.

Looking for a Junior role to get up to speed on Akida 1.0 but assist the research team in dev of Akida 2.0 :)

BrainChip, Inc.
Laguna Hills, CA
  • Posted: 1 day ago
  • Full-Time
Job Description

Come join the company leading the technological revolution in artificial intelligence. BrainChip is a global technology company producing a groundbreaking neuromorphic processor that brings artificial intelligence to the edge in a way that is beyond the capabilities of other products.
We are the world’s first commercial producer of ultra-low-power and high-performance artificial intelligence technology processors that enables a wide array of applications such as self-driving cars, hearing aids, drones, and agricultural equipment. The event-based neural network processor is inspired by the spiking nature of the human brain and is implemented in an industry-standard digital process.
Our company was recognized as one of the “Startups Worth Watching in 2021” in EE Times’ annual Silicon 100 list of global semiconductor technologies and our founder was named the winner of the AI Hardware 2021 Innovator Award. We have offices in Laguna Hills, California; Toulouse, France; Hyderabad, India; and Perth, Australia. We are also publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange (BRN:ASX) and the OTC Market (BRCHF).
Job Title: Junior Machine Learning Engineer
Reports To: Manager of Applied Research
Department: R&D

SUMMARY:
The Junior Machine Learning Engineer’s primary role is to is to support the research team in developing commercial applications for BrainChip’s Akida Neuromorphic System-on-Chip (NSoC). Some of the target applications include work in computer vision (object classification/detection and face recognition), audio processing (keyword spotting), and sensor fusion. Additionally, this team member will support the research team’s algorithm development for the next version of the Akida NSoC.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
  • Quickly prototyping, training, and testing machine learning (ML) solutions using online code repositories, research publications, or customer specifications
  • Keeping abreast of developments in ML such as new development tools, libraries, and frameworks as well as new ML models/architectures, training techniques, and application pipelines
  • Participating in ML algorithm/hardware co-design tasks
  • Performing, documenting, and presenting detailed analyses related to ML algorithm development, software/hardware benchmarking, and application development
  • Obtaining a thorough understanding of the Akida 1.0 hardware device and associated software stack (MetaTF)
  • Interfacing with customers to discuss ML application goals, constraints, and opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience:
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
  • Course work in machine learning and computer vision
  • Strong programming skills in Python
  • One year experience developing ML applications in either TensorFlow/Keras and/or PyTorch
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Experience in one or more of the following application fields: Image Processing/Computer Vision, ADAS, Anomaly Detection, Audio/Speech Processing, or Sensor Fusion.
Preferred Qualifications:
  • Two plus years’ experience developing ML applications in TensorFlow/Keras and PyTorch
  • Multi-project experience in object classification, object detection, face recognition, and/or keyword spotting
  • Knowledge of deep learning quantization techniques
  • Experience with Docker and Git
  • Experience with Scrum/Agile software development (e.g. Jira)
Benefits Offered:
· Competitive Pay
· Restricted Stock Units
· Bonus Pay up to 10% of annual salary
· 401K with matching
· Free Lunch Daily
· Flexible Work Schedule
· Paid Time Off
· Holiday Pay
· Company-paid Medical HMO, Dental PPO, and Vision Insurance
· Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D
· Employee Assistance Program, Caregiver Support, Adoption Assistance Program
· Flexible Spending Account
· Health Savings Account
· Commuter Benefit Program
· Employee Discounts

BrainChip is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.

BrainChip, Inc.​

Address​

Laguna Hills, CA
92653 USA

Industry​

Technology
FREE LUNCH DAILY - wonder what's on the menu? 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Potato

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Rskiff

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 23 users
I believe you are right SG and that Akida is in Valeo's latest Lidar system and will possibly come onto the market some time this year, possibly in a Mercedes S-Class.
“Valeo’s third-generation laser LiDAR technology, which is scheduled to hit the market in 2024, will take autonomous driving even further, making it possible to delegate driving to the vehicle in many situations, including at speeds of up to 130 km/h on the highway. Even at high speeds on the highway, autonomous vehicles equipped with this system are able to manage emergency situation autonomously”

• Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Gemmax

Regular
Thanks V. I have been here still just reading and waiting for our little gem to shine. Got everything ready for the dawn service. Thankfully Roebourne up in the Pilbara still has a march on with no restrictions, so will be there with all the other vets up this way. Its a solemn day for me to remember 6 good mates who gave it all. Its a day of tears and laughter all in one, but it gets alot of emotions out in one day a year. That works for me and keeps me sane for the other 364 days. Have just spent the last few hours going through my diaries from East Timor, Iraq and the Ghan. So many memories good and bad.
Let's all raise a glass tomorrow for the boys that gave it all so we could live the life we do
Respect to you Fred!!

Reactions: 13 users

Pmel

Regular
Reactions: 3 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Our hearts go out to the heroic men and women who sacrificed everything to protect our country and our freedom.
We cannot repay such a debt, but we can promise that we will never forget.

B x

images.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

hotty4040

Regular
I agree but remember the OECD has recently predicted that once again Australia will be the miracle economy and grow at more than 4% for the rest of this year.

When my son was in primary school he came home one day and asked his mother “When are you and Dad getting divorced?” She said “We are not.” He said “All my friends parents are.”

His logic was flawless but things are much more complex underneath than they appear from the outside.

The ASX will react to what the US does because that is what it does.

The US reacts because their economy is not performing well.

Australia’s economy according to the OECD is a miracle but just like my son Aussie investors look at America from the outside and draw a false conclusion about Australia.

The fact that this occurs is what traders and institutions rely upon safe volatility.

No real concern about fundamentals involved so even if we get stuck in a trade we are at no risk of losing the lot.

Hence they cultivate the idea of the US sneezing and Australia gets a cold. It is massive institutionalised manipulation and Australia falls for it every single time.

I suspect if Australia became wealthier than the US they would still engage the same lie and out of habit Australians would follow.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Spot on FF with your comments and evaluation, and likewise dippY22, we have to ride these " SAD " waves of emotional trauma to accumulate a little later on.

Not only was your sons question to your good wife a flawless logical one, but in principle an outstanding " lawless " enquiry at that time IMHO as well.

Love all your contributions FF and all of the other marvelous posts from all of the other marvelous posters who keep all investors in this great company we are fortunate to believe in, confident in the outlook and reassured of our eventual success, that is just around the corner with Akida 1 and hopefully 2 corners for Akida 2 >>>>>>>

Akida Ballista >>>>>>>>>> Go Saints - They keep on persevering, just like PVDM and Brainchip do <<<<<<<<

GLTAH ..........

hotty

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I have been going down rabbit holes this morning and had an idea of looking for anything regarding Sean Hehir Brainchip CEO in the last five days. I was struck by the traction the Brainchip Nviso partnership has gained around the World.

Clearly Jerome Nadel has had a hand in this but I think we need to keep a close eye on this partnership as a lot of people are taking notice.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users
Top Bottom