BRN Discussion Ongoing

Not sure if this has been posted previously

I cannot wait to read similar triumphant validation from PVDM šŸ¤–šŸ¦„

View attachment 4884

Just reread @Diogeneseā€™s BrainChip + SiFive post (thanks for the prod @Fact Finder) and now my post from Jack Kang takes on an all new meaning - imho

From Dioā€™s post:

SiFive and BrainChip have partnered to show their IP is compatible in SoC designs for embedded artificial intelligence (AI). The companies have demonstrated BrainChipā€™s neuromorphic processing unit (NPU) IP working alongside SiFiveā€™s RISCā€“V host processor IP.

So this is another EAP which has borne fruit. It is actually working ... at least in software. They have interfaced Akida IP with their RISC-V IP. and it's working.

Focus in Jack Kangā€™s post shifts from triumphant validation to be replicated by BrainChip, to potential endless supply of Akida into SiFiveā€™s 100+ customers

4DE7A656-7C57-4068-823D-BBB21CDC9AB8.jpeg

Also from Dioā€™s post:

And then they have are some interesting friends:

https://www.sifive.com/partners

1650678431770.png

1650678378565.png

... and a use case:

https://www.sifive.com/technology/scalable-microarchitectures

Huami designed the worldā€™s first AI-powered wearable processor ā€“ Huangshan No. 1 with integrated biometric signal processing. SiFiveā€™s Core IP E31 enabled Huami to reduce power consumption making it more than 38 percent efficient than Arm Cortex-M4.

• Huangshan No. 1 (MHS001) from Huami
  • An integrated biometric signal processor using 4 dedicated AL engines and a built-in CNN based interface engine
  • 38 percent more efficient than the Arm Cortex-M4
  • Powered by SiFive E3
ā€œThe worldā€™s first artificial intelligence-powered wearable chipsetā€

The RISC-V processors are 64-bit CPUs running CNN interface engine, so Akida can do a lot of the heavy lifting (eg, image recognition/classification) and greatly improve power consumption and speed.

Given that SiV lay claim to being the leading RISC-V fabless manufacturers, this could escalate quickly.

DYOR
tls

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

M_C

Founding Member
Might be worth checking into these guys as competition although the comment at the end gives me a little comfort.....

"However, Freund admitted that Esperanto's chip has arrived a "bit late," so there is a question of whether the startup can keep up with other companies working on low-power chips for inference"

Thoughts?

Reactions: 3 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Announcements that drive the SP on an upwards trajectory will be like silent but deadly farts IMO. No-one will know when they're coming, but when they do - BEWARE!

In other words, don't miss the bus.
The best and worst analogy I've ever heard šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Might be worth checking into these guys as competition although the comment at the end gives me a little comfort.....

"However, Freund admitted that Esperanto's chip has arrived a "bit late," so there is a question of whether the startup can keep up with other companies working on low-power chips for inference"

Thoughts?

Hi MC
Given Brainchip and SiFive have proven that AKIDA and RISC-V can be successfully integrated I think personally this has the potential to open the market available to Brainchip by increasing the processing power of Esperantoā€™s chip without any great add on to the electrical power consumption:

ā€œGood software support, but is it too late?​

Karl Freund, principal analyst at Cambrian-AI Research, said Esperanto demonstrated "rock solid" performance for ET-SoC-1 with the ResNet 50, DLRM and Transformer models, though he can't share the results yet. He added that he expects the chip to only require 20 watts to run at full power.

Freund said he was initially skeptical that the ET-SoC-1 could provide a high level of inference performance using general-purpose RISC-V cores, but the results proved him wrong. "What really makes this approach unique, is that the RISC-V cores are actually doing the heavy lifting, not offloading the matrix multiplies to a MAC core or a GPU," he said.

Just as important, Freund said, Esperanto "has the programming tools and software stack to more easily adapt to new AI workloads, alongside non-AI workloads, all running on the same silicon."

However, Freund admitted that Esperanto's chip has arrived a "bit late," so there is a question of whether the startup can keep up with other companies working on low-power chips for inferenceā€

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
@Rocket577 posted an article on the SiFive thread speculating that AMD might be about to use RISC-V in laptops.

When you read the article I think the author must be FU Baconloverā€™s brother because the sole basis of the speculation is one job add at AMD for someone with experience in RISC-V.

So leaving that aside further to my response to MCā€™s post the following extract from that article has relevance:

ā€œBesides the fact that RISC-V is open source(and thus has no licensing or royalties attached), the energy savings offered by RISC-V could make it an ideal co-processor. The increasing regulations and requirements for electronic devices to minimise their energy usage is putting pressure on manufacturers to find ways to reduce their energy consumption, and CPUs are one of the biggest energy consumers in modern computers. Furthermore, the ability to reduce the energy consumption of a CPU also makes it ideal for use in portable applications such as laptops and tablets, as it will extend battery life.ā€

Putting together Esperanto from MC, Diogenese post, Jack Kang from TheLittleShort and the above quote from Rocket577 it does seem that AKIDA and RISC-V are a match made in heaven at precisely the right time in technology history.

As a wise voice over on a national commercial advertisement for shampoo once said:

ā€œIt wonā€™t happen overnight but it will happen.ā€ - Pantene

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 25 users
@Rocket577 posted an article on the SiFive thread speculating that AMD might be about to use RISC-V in laptops.

When you read the article I think the author must be FU Baconloverā€™s brother because the sole basis of the speculation is one job add at AMD for someone with experience in RISC-V.

So leaving that aside further to my response to MCā€™s post the following extract from that article has relevance:

ā€œBesides the fact that RISC-V is open source(and thus has no licensing or royalties attached), the energy savings offered by RISC-V could make it an ideal co-processor. The increasing regulations and requirements for electronic devices to minimise their energy usage is putting pressure on manufacturers to find ways to reduce their energy consumption, and CPUs are one of the biggest energy consumers in modern computers. Furthermore, the ability to reduce the energy consumption of a CPU also makes it ideal for use in portable applications such as laptops and tablets, as it will extend battery life.ā€

Putting together Esperanto from MC, Diogenese post, Jack Kang from TheLittleShort and the above quote from Rocket577 it does seem that AKIDA and RISC-V are a match made in heaven at precisely the right time in technology history.

As a wise voice over on a national commercial advertisement for shampoo once said:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

golden globes GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 118

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha

Potato

Regular
Hey BRN family, how are we looking for this coming week?

Reactions: 2 users

Shadow59

Regular
Hey BRN family, how are we looking for this coming week?
I think it's all pretty well hanging on the 4C at the end of the week:cautious:

Reactions: 4 users

Potato

Regular

Which based on all the research coming through and announcements, should be promising!

• Love

Slade

Top 20
The 4C could drop any day next week.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Potato

Regular
The 4C could drop any day next week.
We should start to see the buyers outweigh sellers in the coming days then. 10 to one!
Bad time to be a shorter

Shadow59

Regular
We should start to see the buyers outweigh sellers in the coming days then. 10 to one!
Bad time to be a shorter
I hope so.šŸ˜

Reactions: 2 users

Zedjack33

Regular
Could be a shorters field day if Bugga all in the 4C.

I would rather not have this be the case.

Reactions: 7 users
D

Deleted member 118

Could be a shorters field day if Bugga all in the 4C.

I would rather not have this be the case.

Even if the 4C showed promise, theyā€™d find a way to make it sound

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users
I know something you donā€™t know.

Guess who wonā€™t be reading Brainchipā€™s 4C when it comes out this week?

Wanna know? Wanna know?

Mercedes Benz
Valeo
NASA
DARPA
Vorago
MegaChips
Renesas
Biotome
Nanose
ISL
Intellisense
SiFive
Nviso
Nvidia
And ten or so EAPā€™s.

Guess who will keep on stretching Brainchipā€™s technology lead regardless of the 4C Peter van der Made, Anil Mankar and the engineering hardware and software development teams.

Guess who will keep negotiating with the large communications provider the Brainchip CEO Sean Hehir and Rob Telson regardless of the 4C.

Guess who will continue putting the finishing touches on the industry marketing campaign due to be launched second half 2022 Jerome Nadel.

It is only a 4C donā€™t build it up into something more important than it actually is as it makes no sense to do so.

BRAINCHIP is in the best financial position it has ever been.

Even when it was 4 cents a share and was on the brink of financial collapse the listed players kept on engaging with Brainchip because they were following the AKIDA Technology Revolution ie the science unlike anything they had ever seen before.

The importance of this 4C is zero as far as why I personally am invested in Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 73 users
D

Deleted member 118

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

JK200SX

Regular
To the 1000 eyes today, Happy Orthodox Easter. May you all be blessed with health, prosperity and AKIDA wealth!
I will be tending to the AKIDA powered lamb gyros spit today......
Well, umm, I wont be doing anything other than sharing a beer with Ken robot, and allow the technology to monitor the rotational rate, gyros level and basting frequency :)

1650761660875.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 35 users

Slade

Top 20
Sean did say watch the financials. He just didnā€™t say when to start.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

wilzy123

Founding Member

I am personally not hanging anything on this 4C - just not expecting it given what I've heard so far from the company. But hey, if there's something to like about it, I'll be extra happy :cool:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Top Bottom