BRN Discussion Ongoing

Jchandel

Regular
View attachment 70066

So the two of them worked together on “the AWS project”?! Interesting… 😀 Presumably AWS as in Amazon Web Services?!

For all we know, Chris Jones could have alluded to an Aussie-style Weet-Bix Stacking challenge that ex-Perth resident Anup Vanarse had introduced to the US-based BrainChip staff after moving to California… 🤣

(Alternatively AWS could stand for Automatic Warning System (train safety system), Autonomous Weapon System and lots of other things…)

Assuming we are indeed talking about Amazon Web Services here:
Could this LinkedIn comment possibly be a reference to a small LLM having been or still being developed by our company, in order to be made available through AWS, eg via Amazon Bedrock? 🤔 Currently, however, they refer to (large and expensive to train) foundation models only:

View attachment 70133

Speaking of AWS and “projects”:
Less than two weeks ago, AWS introduced “in beta a new generative AI-powered personal assistant for sellers, codenamed Project Amelia.”

Whenever AWS comes up, I can’t help but think of a potential “connection” to them by way of Ron Diamant (formerly at Annapurna Labs, which was acquired by AWS in 2015), who I have reason to believe is the son of Mauro Diamant, BrainChip’s sales representative in Israel. 👇🏻

View attachment 70123
View attachment 70122
I think AWS was involved in the ANT61 project along with Brainchip.

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
1000018676.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
1000018674.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Further to @Frangipani post above.

Could this be the RAG project for AWS

Screenshot_20241001_092146_Chrome.jpg

Learning 🪴

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

An interesting presentation. Explains why Francois dismissed the Akida trolls so concisely. He is adament simple machine learning won’t cut it when it comes to level 4 Adas. After listening you can understand why. What’s more important is his request to the industry to help chiplets work together more efficiently and smarter. Hoping that’s where Akida is positioned!

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Mywai using neuromorphic tech to help hydrogen production.

“Recently, Artificial Intelligence has become crucial in managing and optimizing green hydrogen production.”

:)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

keyeat

Regular
Video uploaded earlier today, showing that new LLM-RAG demo presented by Kurt Manninen at the September 2024 Edge AI and Vision Alliance Forum:

View attachment 70143
View attachment 70144

Question:

Are these good examples of how to use BrainChip? All these devices are in your home .... connected to a power supply and most likely connected to Wifi ... am i missing something ?

Sure low power consumption is great but is it essential in this setting? Benefits of being on the edge in this context ??

Reactions: 3 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Buy order for 200,000 @ 30c It's not me

• Haha
  • Fire

7für7

Top 20
Question:

Are these good examples of how to use BrainChip? All these devices are in your home .... connected to a power supply and most likely connected to Wifi ... am i missing something ?

Sure low power consumption is great but is it essential in this setting? Benefits of being on the edge in this context ??
The benefits of our technology is that you can run the system both ways…. Independent of the internet and cloud…or connected ..this allows for saving or minimizing energy and other consumption values!

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Mywai using neuromorphic tech to help hydrogen production.

“Recently, Artificial Intelligence has become crucial in managing and optimizing green hydrogen production.”

:)
Adam Osseiran has liked a bunch of hydrogen related project posts over the past couple of years on LinkedIn and is president of the Hydrogen Society of Australia

1000018695.jpg
1000018692.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire

Guzzi62

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 11.21.06 am.png

SoftBank to invest $500mn in OpenAI Japanese group led by Masayoshi Son set to join $6.5bn funding round that would value start-up at $150bn Sam Altman, OpenAI’s CEO, has discussed taking equity in the AI start-up for the first time as part of plans to rejig its corporate structure

Masayoshi Son’s SoftBank will invest $500mn into OpenAI as part of a fundraising round that is expected to close this week and value the artificial intelligence start-up at $150bn. SoftBank will invest via its second Vision Fund, a large vehicle for backing start-ups, which is now mainly made up of Son’s personal wealth, according to two people with knowledge of the deal. SoftBank will join existing investors, including venture fund Thrive Capital and Microsoft in a $6.5bn funding round, which is expected to close in the coming days, according to people familiar with the discussions.

The Japanese group was one of the most prolific start-up investors in the years leading up to 2022, during which time the valuation of young technology companies spiralled higher, often to unsustainable levels. SoftBank’s roughly $14bn investment into WeWork and Son’s close relationship with its founder Adam Neumann became emblematic of the excesses of that period after the co-working company collapsed from a peak valuation of $47bn in 2019.

After a period of retrenchment, SoftBank has ratcheted up its investments into AI, with Son declaring it was time “to go on the counteroffensive” to take advantage of the new technology. SoftBank is the majority owner of UK chip designer Arm, and Son has spoken about his ambition to use it as the centrepiece in a network of companies advancing AI.

OpenAI is finalising the details of one of the biggest-ever private funding rounds against a chaotic backdrop. The company’s chief technology officer Mira Murati unexpectedly left the San Francisco-based company last week, along with Bob McGrew, chief research officer, and Barret Zoph, vice-president of research. They are the latest in a series of senior departures this year that have stripped OpenAI of the majority of its founding team and its most prominent safety researchers.

The company is also exploring a corporate restructure that would do away with its current novel arrangement, in which investors take a stake in a for-profit subsidiary of the company, governed by a not-for-profit board, according to people with knowledge of the discussions. OpenAI’s chief executive Sam Altman has discussed taking a direct equity stake in the company for the first time as part of those plans, they added. But many investors appear undeterred and still willing to commit to a company that has continued to push the frontier of AI technology. They are betting that OpenAI can see off competition from Big Tech rivals including Google and Meta, as well as start-ups such as Anthropic and Mistral. SoftBank’s participation in the round was first reported by The Information. SoftBank and OpenAI declined to comment.

• Love
  • Thinking

db1969oz

Regular
5+ million shorts taken out yesterday! Unfortunately my suspicious mind is waiting for the usual push back down! Mutha Truckers!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Mccabe84

Regular
5+ million shorts taken out yesterday! Unfortunately my suspicious mind is waiting for the usual push back down! Mutha Truckers!
Shorts and maybe the ground assault into Lebanon today has spooked the market ?

Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
It doesn't seem very professional, that Chris Jones would just casually drop mention, of a Company like Amazon Web Services, in a "Goodbye" message..

Especially when such a project would most certainly be under a NDA?..

If it was representative of some other abbreviation (such as your example of Automatic Warning System) then you would still not expect it to be used, because of a possible confusion and implied "connection" with the well known AWS or Amazon Web Services..

Just saying..
"I really enjoyed our talks and working with you on the projects. Good luck on your journey" would have been more appropriate..

I'm betting this comment will be edited, whatever the "reality" is..
From Anup's linkedin:

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7246570249704128513/

One of my last projects in my previous role was focused on RAG, and it opened the door to my learning journey with LLMs and state-of-the-art industrial standards for efficient retrieval.
Anthropic’s recent development in contextual retrieval takes this even further. By adding context (e.g., company names or time periods) to each document chunk, it reduces retrieval failures by 35%, and combining it with keyword search boosts that to 49%. It’s fascinating to see how this upgrade to chunk handling makes retrieval systems more precise and insightful. Worth exploring if you’re working with RAG systems

Certainly RAG would be "useful" for AWS. Can we expect to see a new mobile app based on Akida2 TeNNs?

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking

Bravo

From Anup's linkedin:

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7246570249704128513/

One of my last projects in my previous role was focused on RAG, and it opened the door to my learning journey with LLMs and state-of-the-art industrial standards for efficient retrieval.
Anthropic’s recent development in contextual retrieval takes this even further. By adding context (e.g., company names or time periods) to each document chunk, it reduces retrieval failures by 35%, and combining it with keyword search boosts that to 49%. It’s fascinating to see how this upgrade to chunk handling makes retrieval systems more precise and insightful. Worth exploring if you’re working with RAG systems

Certainly RAG would be "useful" for AWS. Can we expect to see a new mobile app based on Akida2 TeNNs?

fingers-crossed-jenny-hagel.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Further to @Frangipani post above.

Could this be the RAG project for AWS

View attachment 70152

Learning 🪴

Dario Amodei, co-founder of Anthropic is listed in the team of inventors of this Baidu patent:

US10332509B2 End-to-end speech recognition 20151125

Embodiments of end-to-end deep learning systems and methods are disclosed to recognize speech of vastly different languages, such as English or Mandarin Chinese. In embodiments, the entire pipelines of hand-engineered components are replaced with neural networks, and the end-to-end learning allows handling a diverse variety of speech including noisy environments, accents, and different languages. Using a trained embodiment and an embodiment of a batch dispatch technique with GPUs in a data center, an end-to-end deep learning system can be inexpensively deployed in an online setting, delivering low latency when serving users at scale.
What about your toes?

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Whilst the general market is having a down day, so far anyways, we appear to be just having a breather and treading water.
It's a good sign as far as I can tell and hopefully our share price can continue up with it's recovery tomorrow.
This may well turn out to be just another trader's P&D setup for the end of quarter as we have all seen many times in the past, but, with a juicy news drop which we have all been expecting/hoping for, for a long time now, could provide a beautiful set up for a rerate.
Let's hope for an October rally and the beginnings of regular positive news regarding the mass take up of our acclaimed technology.
My shampoo's running out and I have multiple positive applications for money. 🤣
And if that's not enough, it's my bday next week and if the universe is kind to us all and provides what we have been waiting for, I vow to spend the whole day in nothin' but my birthday suit. 🤣
Sorry to have to Rizz you all up like this, but a girls gotta do........what, etc etc. 🤣

Here's a little sample, just to get you in the mood.

Unknown-2.jpeg

Plenty more where that came from.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

Whilst the general market is having a down day, so far anyways, we appear to be just having a breather and treading water.
It's a good sign as far as I can tell and hopefully our share price can continue up with it's recovery tomorrow.
This may well turn out to be just another trader's P&D setup for the end of quarter as we have all seen many times in the past, but, with a juicy news drop which we have all been expecting/hoping for, for a long time now, could provide a beautiful set up for a rerate.
Let's hope for an October rally and the beginnings of regular positive news regarding the mass take up of our acclaimed technology.
My shampoo's running out and I have multiple positive applications for money. 🤣
And if that's not enough, it's my bday next week and if the universe is kind to us all and provides what we have been waiting for, I vow to spend the whole day in nothin' but my birthday suit. 🤣
Sorry to have to Rizz you all up like this, but a girls gotta do........what, etc etc. 🤣

Here's a little sample, just to get you in the mood.

View attachment 70167

Plenty more where that came from.

I reckon you could give Donald Trump a run for his money Hoppy! Yesterday he was trying to convince everyone how hot his beach body is. 🧯🚿

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 3.21.39 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-10-01 at 3.15.49 pm.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom