BRN Discussion Ongoing

Aleks Vicko”bitch” 🙄
The thing I worry about, if I worry at all about my investment in Brainchip, is that I am an older investor and like Warren Buffet suspicious of technology as I did not grow up with it and unlike my children still have trouble with many aspects. For the life of me I cannot reset the clock on our Bosch oven after a blackout but my son-in-law does it while talking about something unrelated in seconds.

So it does seem logical to me that the retail investor most likely to actually best grasp the technology on offer from Brainchip are the millennials as they are paid up educated members of the technology age.

They understand technology and can recognise when it is more advanced and are constantly critiquing the latest mobile phones, lap tops, iPads, PC's, movie channel interphases, the NBN fibre -v- wireless, the interphases in the latest Porsche or Jaguar and feel so comfortable with Google and their ability to research they do not need financial advisors who in most cases are far less well educated and technology savvy than themselves.

Only this last week we had to have a service on our gas log fire. The gas plumber arrived and by appearances he was a millennial. He lays out his rug undoes a few screws and reveals the workings of the fire. Out of his tool bag comes his pad and he hooks up a couple of wires then engages in an analysis of the system, identifies the faults and carries out the necessary service then tests the system with the pad. He then prepares the invoice on the pad takes the payment via my credit card on the pad and then emails me the receipt and warranty.

I go to my mechanic again he looks just like a millennial and he hooks my various cars up to his computer and off he goes running the diagnostics.

My plumber in the country when he sets up to install septic system lines is out with his computer driven level taking device and in seconds has his readings taken. He too looks like a millennial.

These are all trades people before we even get to those who work in offices, laboratories and what about C.A.D. systems used by drafts people, architects and builders. It just goes on and on millennials live and breath technology every day of their working and private lives.

Yet when millennials identify that a technology stock which they understand is worthy of investing in use the technology of modern communication to discuss and recommend that stock to other millennials they are abused by so called financial advisors and analysts who are WANCA's and have just like me no idea how to set the clock on their oven at home.

These same WANCA's have, I guarantee just like me used Google to find sites where these same millennials have reviewed the latest iPhone or Samsung and taken their advice as to which is the best phone to purchase.

I have reached a point where I think that on the scale that ranks professions and has at or near the bottom used car salesman these individual WANCA's would clearly have to be placed even lower down.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Zac, the author, didn't list us as an active contributer in this market. He will be aware now, following a very polite email sent to him.
Sick em Tiger.....😁

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Slade

Top 20
Millennials....Nice!

0625D762-840B-4C86-862E-8947F96F52E8.jpeg

FF, which war?

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
@Fact Finder Thought you might find this particularly interesting too...............IonQ have solid links to DARPA btw

I have just spent a little time on IonQ's web site which is very pretty and easy to use sort of and at rough guess if Brainchip can produce & sell their chip for $25.00 and Intel can produce and maybe sell Loihi 1 for $80 to $120 I am thinking that IonQ will be a tad more expensive just taking into account these following two extracted points:

"Approaching Zero

Using Doppler Cooling, we can create qubits that are half of one one-thousandth of a degree above absolute zero, without needing to refrigerate any of the supporting hardware. This is extremely cold, but for optimal performance, we need to go colder, as close to absolute zero as we can. To accomplish this, we use a collection of laser-based techniques called resolved-sideband cooling to produce qubits so cold that they are almost perfectly still at an atomic level.

Putting it all together

Once everything's in the chamber, the whole assembly goes in an even larger enclosure with a variety of electrical, mechanical, and optical control systems.

Then, it all gets hooked to a classical computer running our custom control software, and after a great deal of calibration, it's a fully functioning quantum computer, ready to perform gates and run algorithms with world-leading fidelity."

There are quite a few other steps that you can read all about on their website but just from the above you will get a flavour of what they are doing and that it seems clear they are unlikely to play in Brainchip's space at the sensor this century.

The other thing that does not get a jersey is the amount of power it consumes but to my lay eye it does seem like it might us quite a few watts just in remaining stable before it even starts to compute as it requires constant adjustment to remain in state. Very clever stuff but???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Fire
  • Wow

wilzy123

Founding Member
I had better check my birth certificate I thought I was old.

Meme stock

View attachment 4836

Description​

A meme stock is a stock that gains popularity among retail investors through social media. The popularity of meme stocks is generally based on internet memes shared among traders, on platforms such as Reddit's r/wallstreetbets. Investors in such stocks are often young and inexperienced investors.Wikipedia
The afr can't help themselves (bashing BRN)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
The excerpted paragraph below is from the written topic description beneath the podcast start arrow. I think it is incorrect. It implies that 60 billion is what Brainchips market value will be in 2025 when I think it should have said the edge compute total addressable market will be 60 billion. Thoughts?

...from the podcast description,.....
"BrainChip is publicly traded on the Australian Stock Exchange, and the OTC Market, and was named among the ‘EE Times’ Silicon 100’ list. Within a year, BrainChip’s market cap also grew from just below $200m to nearly $1 billion+ at present. BrainChip also predicts it’ll be worth $60 billion by 2025! "
hi dippY, the host says a "predicted TAM of about 60 billion"and Rob corrects him to say "70 billion as of yesterday".
TAM is the total addressable market, not the market cap of BrainChip.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Slade

Top 20
hi dippY, the host says a "predicted TAM of about 60 billion"and Rob corrects him to say "70 billion as of yesterday".
TAM is the total addressable market, not the market cap of BrainChip.
The confusion comes from the notes below the recording.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Some analysts still think BRN is a meme stock for millennials

View attachment 4835

Thats OK. :)

I'll take "most popular" stock................... for now.

Soon to be followed no doubt by "most likely next Unicorn" stock.

And shortly thereafter, the "We told you so! " stock.

Then, "the giant killer" and somewhat thereafter....."The New Big Australian" expected to list on the NASDAQ soon........

Sometime after this, Rob will start talking about the other 90% of that bloody big iceberg and then......

Between toasts and during our $100 a share party, AKIDA 6000 will announce that it has recently experienced singularity.......

and then............... :)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Guzzi62

Regular
It’s hard not to be inspired by the infectious enthusiasm in this podcast. The host was truly astounded by the global impact Akida would make on so many facets of our day to day lives.

To my son, 23 years old, and all other young folk reading this … IMHO, and this is not financial advice, if there was ever a company to buy and hold for 5 years … then this is it. Ignore the daily SP gyrations , and trust me, 5 years will flash by. The technology is proven, being tested and used by multiple vendors, a strong runway of technology improvements, competition fumbling away in the background, sales from 12 years R&D investment starting to flow as the addressable market grows towards 100B, an incredible team in place … etc. etc.

I did say the podcast resulted in infectious enthusiasm!!

Nice way to start a long weekend.
Exactly.

I been beating the drum on a Danish stock forum I am a member off, sending links every-time a partner is announced and also stating that many partners can't be announced because they don't want the competition to know what they are using Akida (the competition probably knows, LOL).

Are they interested on that forum? No they are not!! Well up to them, I bloody tried, their loss not mine.
Big money can be made is you choose the right tech start-up company and I think BRN IS THE RIGHT company to be heavy invested in.

The Germans seems very interested, likely because their beloved Mercedes Benz premium brand have told the world press that Akida is used in their concept car. Germans love cars and can blast down the autobahn at +300 km/h on selected places if they want.

A Scottish friend on mine told me that he will invest in BRN after I send him some info about the company so I managed to get one "on the train" before it leaves the sub 1$ for good.

• Love
  • Fire

Slade

Top 20
Receipts from customers to be reported in next weeks quarterly will be up at least 100 % on the previous quarter. I believe.

• Fire
  • Love

Terroni2105

Founding Member
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

M_C

Founding Member
I have just spent a little time on IonQ's web site which is very pretty and easy to use sort of and at rough guess if Brainchip can produce & sell their chip for $25.00 and Intel can produce and maybe sell Loihi 1 for $80 to $120 I am thinking that IonQ will be a tad more expensive just taking into account these following two extracted points:

"Approaching Zero

Using Doppler Cooling, we can create qubits that are half of one one-thousandth of a degree above absolute zero, without needing to refrigerate any of the supporting hardware. This is extremely cold, but for optimal performance, we need to go colder, as close to absolute zero as we can. To accomplish this, we use a collection of laser-based techniques called resolved-sideband cooling to produce qubits so cold that they are almost perfectly still at an atomic level.

Putting it all together

Once everything's in the chamber, the whole assembly goes in an even larger enclosure with a variety of electrical, mechanical, and optical control systems.

Then, it all gets hooked to a classical computer running our custom control software, and after a great deal of calibration, it's a fully functioning quantum computer, ready to perform gates and run algorithms with world-leading fidelity."

There are quite a few other steps that you can read all about on their website but just from the above you will get a flavour of what they are doing and that it seems clear they are unlikely to play in Brainchip's space at the sensor this century.

The other thing that does not get a jersey is the amount of power it consumes but to my lay eye it does seem like it might us quite a few watts just in remaining stable before it even starts to compute as it requires constant adjustment to remain in state. Very clever stuff but???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
That's why I think it's so odd that Hyundai, of all companies has engaged them.....very peculiar.

Was thinking perhaps, Hyundai are just using them to help with the software stack and at the same time claiming the "quantum technology" is the hero because it sounds impressive when really it may be akida........

Just a wild conspiracy theory, but I've long suspected Hyundai and BRN

• Thinking
  • Fire

Slade

Top 20
That's why I think it's so odd that Hyundai, of all companies has engaged them.....very peculiar.

Was thinking perhaps, Hyundai are just using them to help with the software stack and at the same time claiming the "quantum technology" is the hero because it sounds impressive when really it may be akida........

Just a wild conspiracy theory, but I've long suspected Hyundai and BRN
I think you are right. I think a lot of companies have invested in technology that only offers part of the solution they are seeking. With Akida they get the missing link, whatever that may be. They are adopting Akida but are reluctant to throw away the tech and marketing that they have spent mega dollars and time on.

• Fire
  • Love

Diogenese

Top 20
Loved his work in Fargo ... and the body count was only slightly less than the Korean War ...

... must dig something out of my Cohen Bros library tonight.
First saw Fargo on a QANTAS flight home. Went out and bought myself a wood chipper and my lawn has never looked better.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Thought this was worth getting a few educated opinions on.............

They say they've developed a new Nueral Net processor called GAP9. From what I can tell from the articles i've found, it's been in the works from at least 2019. But recently, the graphics have changed on the cpu layout..........uses milliwatts of power

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

1650689173080.png

• Fire

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Thats OK. :)

I'll take "most popular" stock................... for now.

Soon to be followed no doubt by "most likely next Unicorn" stock.

And shortly thereafter, the "We told you so! " stock.

Then, "the giant killer" and somewhat thereafter....."The New Big Australian" expected to list on the NASDAQ soon........

Sometime after this, Rob will start talking about the other 90% of that bloody big iceberg and then......

Between toasts and during our $100 a share party, AKIDA 6000 will announce that it has recently experienced singularity.......

and then............... :)
I classify myself as the most inpatient person you would find but I am making myself be very patient with Brainchip as in the coming years nothing but blue sky.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
First saw Fargo on a QANTAS flight home. Went out and bought myself a wood chipper and my lawn has never looked better.
Nothin' perks up the grass like a bit a blood n bone. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I think you are right. I think a lot of companies have invested in technology that only offers part of the solution they are seeking. With Akida they get the missing link, whatever that may be. They are adopting Akida but are reluctant to throw away the tech and marketing that they have spent mega dollars and time on.
And therein lies the beauty of AKIDA it can just slot in at the Edge. It can convert the customers existing networks from CNN to SNN and take advantage of everything AKIDA has to offer and save power and have real time learning on device.

As importantly the existing Chief Technical Officer does not have to explain to the CEO why to get the benefits of SNN technology they have to throw out the system costing $10 million 12 months ago to achieve these advantages like an early adopter competitor. It is a win, win for everyone and in fact handled the right way the Chief Technical Officer can take credit for reducing power etc; by recommending the addition of AKIDA.

The Brainchip team past and present have been very strategic in what they set out to achieve and are now able to market. They have blown up the normal resistance inherent in incumbency that stops the adoption of better technology solutions. Pure genius.

By the way in the first analyst report from Macquarie that was posted a few days ago they recognised a benefit inherent in the AKD1000 chip family. The extreme low heat generated by the AKIDA neural network has the side benefit of not destroying the chip as high heat generating old school technology chips can and as a result in Macquarie's words AKIDA chips will outlast the product in which they are installed. This might not be precisely correct however heat stress is a potential cause of failure particularly in military operations or harsh conditions think monitoring vibration on heavy rail in the Australian outback:

"Thermal overstress

Thermal overstress—excess heat—can cause semiconductors to fail. Excess heat melts materials, chars plastics, warps and breaks semiconductor dies, and causes other types of damage. In general, devices should not operate with a junction temperature above 125–150°C.

Military applications aim to limit junction temperature to 110°C. By applying the Arrhenius equation (see, “Models Predict Failure Rates”), you can show that reducing a device’s junction temperature from 160°C to 135°C cuts the failure rate in half. (For a further explanation of the equation and how to solve it, see “The Effect of Temperature on Failure Rate.”)

If high temperatures have caused a failure, notify the product’s designers. They must take into account product packaging and operating specs to ensure that fans, heat sinks, and other cooling devices keep temperatures within spec. Although high-power devices require heat sinks and fans, low-power devices can simply distribute heat into the surrounding air. Also, test engineers must ensure that heat sinks and fans remain in place during testing or that other heat-removal devices are available to sufficiently cool a device undergoing testing.

Test engineers may have to monitor the temperature of power semiconductors and power assemblies to ensure they do not operate the devices at unsafe temperatures—and thus reduce their useful life—during testing."

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Top Bottom