BRN Discussion Ongoing

The Pope

Regular
Hi all.

Tony Dawe said "Happy for you to share on TSE. Please show your question and my full reply to ensure context"

Hope this helps all with the recent change by BRN management moving away from LDA funding model.

Note -

1) I removed some personal details and Tony's mobile number from the emails below with XXXXXXXXXX.

2) It is also my understanding that the latest capital raise BRN put in place appears to be a good move given there is a 12 month restriction on trading the institutional placement shares. I'm happy to be corrected if this is not the case.

cheers
The Pope

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, September 13, 2024 14:38
To: Tony Dawe <tdawe@brainchip.com>
Subject: Recent change by BRN management away from LDA funding model

CAUTION: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi Tony

Can you or Sean confirm if LDA refused or would not support another further funding deal to support BrainChip moving forward until BRN revenue model supported itself. It just doesn’t appear to line up with my recall on what was said at the recent AGM by BRN management team.

Pending comment on the above, Is this why BRN management team sourced funding elsewhere in the meantime?

This has been an ongoing discussion with a number of retail investors in recent weeks so it would be good to hear it directly confirmed from BRN management.

Hear from you soon

Kind regards
xxxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Dawe

tdawe@brainchip.com

To: XXXXXXXXX

Tue, 17 Sept at 11:41 am

Hi xxxxxx,

Thank you for your email.

In response to your question, BrainChip and LDA Capital parted company on the very best of terms. We remain open to doing business with LDA Capital in the future, and vice versa.

The LDA Capital funding model was outstanding for Brainchip for a period of time. It provided relatively small parcels of funding quickly, easily and cheaply, and when the share price was higher, with minimal dilutionary effects.

But the LDA funding model wasn't set up for the purpose to raise larger amounts of capital.

We selected Unified Capital Partners to help secure the institutional placement and SPP after an extensive process of consultation, review and evaluation. As part of this process we met with the institutional investors who participated in the capital raising. Our commitment to UCP is not exclusive and does not prevent us from doing business with other financial institutions.

BrainChip is obligated to its shareholders to seek out the best funding options it can for its business, to promote growth and to ensure the company remains fully funded at all times.

At the risk of telling your something you probably already know, investor chat rooms are notoriously unreliable places to gain investment intelligence. I hope when you and your friends online discuss our funding arrangements, that you acknowledge that the terms of the recent placement, including minimising the discount rate and converting all the unexercised LDA Capital shares through the placement were exceptionally good outcomes for BrainChip.

Regards

Tony Dawe

Director, Global Investor Relations

+61 (0)XXX XXX XXX

This email, together with any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information of BrainChip or other parties. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email, and any attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify the sender or BrainChip, Inc., at (949) 330-6750, and permanently delete the original and any copy of the email and any attachments.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 67 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi Chips,

From the context, I think they were referring to the fact that they switched from Loihi 1 hardware to Loihi 2 simulation software, not that they had decided not to continue with Akida.

I wonder if they will also try out Akida 2.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

Getupthere

Regular
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users

TECH

Regular
Had a little chuckle to myself yesterday..selling our story to our gardener at the complex I live in..later in the day selling our story to a young tech head who purchased a couple of older phones off me..my belief in our company has never ever really changed..but the time to deliver has in all honesty be doing my head in coupled with the sheer arrogance in manipulating our share price..yes we need to see the revenue runs on the board..but in reading some of the recent posts involving Akida 1000 which is still out performing the opposition according to recent benchmarking, we have since raised the bar yet again with Akida 2.0 and especially with TENN's I'm hoping many researchers raise there heads and see what's steering them in the face..forget Intel and their Loihi lab chip..focus on what Akida 1000 proved to you and then accept the turbo charged vision of AKD 2.0 and how the software vision of TENN's will blow the benchmarking out of the ball park...so frustrated with how all the recent papers reference our brilliant AKD 1000 chip, yet we at Brainchip have accelerated beyond that point...we deserve to be heard..is our technology being deliberately held back by the big money players and/or governments..I just wonder.

If I was Peter or Anil I'd be quietly pondering that thought...yes my comments may surprise some, but I just get this feeling the hardbrake is being applied by an invisable force...and yes I believe in UAP's and that the human race were never the first to inhabit this ball we call "the earth"...Tech
mr narrins GIF

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Edge impulse shindig next week.

https://edgeimpulse.com/imagine?utm...512&utm_content=325022512&utm_source=hs_email

September 24th, 2024​

Imagine​

The conference for edge AI

Join us on September 24th, 2024 (online or in person) to hear from top technology leaders and innovators in Edge AI. Experience the event virtually or in person (Mountain View, California) by registering below.

We're not listed as speaker, but we're on the scrolling ribbon at the bottom ... "Meet our partners for live demos"

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
Had a little chuckle to myself yesterday..selling our story to our gardener at the complex I live in..later in the day selling our story to a young tech head who purchased a couple of older phones off me..my belief in our company has never ever really changed..but the time to deliver has in all honesty be doing my head in coupled with the sheer arrogance in manipulating our share price..yes we need to see the revenue runs on the board..but in reading some of the recent posts involving Akida 1000 which is still out performing the opposition according to recent benchmarking, we have since raised the bar yet again with Akida 2.0 and especially with TENN's I'm hoping many researchers raise there heads and see what's steering them in the face..forget Intel and their Loihi lab chip..focus on what Akida 1000 proved to you and then accept the turbo charged vision of AKD 2.0 and how the software vision of TENN's will blow the benchmarking out of the ball park...so frustrated with how all the recent papers reference our brilliant AKD 1000 chip, yet we at Brainchip have accelerated beyond that point...we deserve to be heard..is our technology being deliberately held back by the big money players and/or governments..I just wonder.

If I was Peter or Anil I'd be quietly pondering that thought...yes my comments may surprise some, but I just get this feeling the hardbrake is being applied by an invisable force...and yes I believe in UAP's and that the human race were never the first to inhabit this ball we call "the earth"...Tech
mr narrins GIF
The Biggest thing, with Marketing, which is really just a form of business propaganda, is selling a lie, well enough and long enough, that it becomes accepted as the "Thing you need" or the "Latest and greatest".

The established players, or Big fish aren't going to fold to what is currently a small fry, just because it has the "potential" and qualities we do.

But I believe we are making progress, by the Company's sheer determination, to succeed and the unquestionable brilliance, of what we have.

Pantene!

20240918_232207.jpg

It won't happen overnight, but it will happen..

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20

RISC-V guardian SiFive unveils new chip designs for low-powered AI at the edge​

C1-2051-12-x2-80x80-96x96.jpg

BY MIKE WHEATLEY

Open-source semiconductor design company SiFive Inc. today unveiled its latest chip design blueprints, the SiFive Intelligence XM Series, saying these are the first based on its RISC-V architecture to include a highly scalable artificial intelligence matrix engine.
With the new blueprints, SiFive says, companies will be able to accelerate the development of RISC-V-based chips that are customized for AI workloads in data centers, autonomous machines and at the network edge.
SiFive was founded by the inventors the RISC-V instruction set architecture in 2016, with the goal being to commercialize and popularize its alternative chip format. Instruction sets are a collection of technologies that can be used to build central processing units. They describe the computing operations that the millions of transistors on a chip should carry out.
The company is a rival to the better-known Arm Holdings Plc, which also builds designs for CPUs, mostly focused on mobile devices such as smartphones. In addition to its chip designs, it also sells software for customers to design CPUs that implement them.
The biggest difference between RISC-V and Arm is that the former’s designs are entirely open-source, which means companies don’t have to pay licensing fees to use them.
SiFive’s architecture is used by numerous companies as the foundation of chips for AI workloads, internet of things gadgets and data center servers. The company cites a number of advantages for companies using its instruction sets, aside from the fact they’re free. For instance, they provide greater flexibility in terms of being able to customize the designs for different workloads, it says.
The new Intelligence XM Series instruction sets provide what SiFive says is an extremely scalable and efficient AI compute architecture that integrates scalar, vector and matrix engines, which are necessary to perform millions of calculations per second. They also provide extremely high bandwidth, the company says, while maintaining the high performance its customers are used to.
For instance, the new chips contain four X-Cores per cluster, with a single cluster able to deliver 16 tera operations per second of processing power. They also incorporate one terabyte of sustained memory bandwidth per cluster, accessible via a high-bandwidth CHI port for coherent memory access.
According to SiFive, the Intelligence XM chip blueprints are ideal for organizations that need to run AI on low-powered devices, such as IoT sensors, autonomous vehicles, robots and drones.
Chief Executive Patrick Little said the new designs will enable companies to keep pace with the rapid evolution of AI while maintaining the unique benefits its open processor standard provides. “We’re already supplying our RISC-V solutions to five of the ‘Magnificent 7’ companies, and as companies pivot to a software-first design strategy, we are working on new AI solutions automotive to datacenter and the intelligent edge and IoT,” he said.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
For those into unfounded speculation ( like all of us)

Notable changes from the original Switch include a USB-C port on the top and bottom of the console, a noticeably larger screen and what appears to be an extra bumper on each Joy-Con. The game slot appears to be the same on both models, implying backwards compatibility with games on the original Nintendo Switch.”

On the same thread, a separate leaker shared the purported specs for the console. We’ll share those details below:

• Shipping List Details Summary
  • HGU1100: Game console itself.
  • HGU1110: Left Joy-Con controller.
  • HGU1120: Right Joy-Con controller.
  • HGU1130: Dock.
  • Detailed Configuration List
  • SoCl (CPU + GPU) model: GMLX30-R-A1.
  • Memory model: MT62F768M64D4EK-026 (6GX2 dual channel, LPDDR5X, 7500 MT/s)
  • Flash memory model: THGJFGT1E45BAILHW0 (256GB, UFS 3.1, manufactured by Kaixia, 2100 MB/s).
  • Audio chip model: Ruiwu ALC5658-CG.
  • NFC reader model: NXP IPN7160B1HN
  • Built-in microphone model: CMB-MIC-X7.
  • Dual cooling fans, model BSM0405HPJH9 and BSM0505HPJQC (copper gaming heat sink).
  • Video signal conversion (DisplayPort to HDMI) must be chip model; Ruixian RTD2175N must be chip (support HDMI 2.1).
  • Network chip model: Ruiming RTL8153B-VB-CG and Gigabit Ethernet chip (the base has a network cable interface).
  • Microcontroller chip model: STMicroelectronics JSTM32G0OB0OCET6.
  • Video game console protective case model: HGU1100 (size: 206 x 115 x 14mm, made of plastic).
  • Speakers: MUSE BOX-L and MUSE BOX-R (two-channel stereo)
As noted in the reddit, these details line up with information datamined from last May, which we reported on here.

That means these two rumors independently corroborated the specs of the console, but just so we’re clear, let me explain what each source is.

The information from four months ago was acquired by dataminers reviewing publicly available information on what components were being shipped to a factory that they believed would be manufacturing the Switch 2.

The information today is claimed to come from factory workers who have the console in their hands.

So, if these rumors are accurate, the CPU is the T239, using the GMLX30-R-A1 codename. There are 2 6 GB RAM chips, running LPDDR5X at 7500 MT/s. There is 256 GB in UFS 3.1 storage.

Now, its easy to get flabbergasted that everything that just got confirmed. What fans speculated then seems truer now, that the Switch 2 will have substantial hardware improvements over the original Switch. But we want to bring up something else that could get lost in all this information. If workers are leaking the prototypes in the factory, than they really are that much closer to manufacture.

All of this may force Nintendo to speed up their announcement of the Switch 2 even sooner than was originally planned. If everything about the device’s hardware has come out anyway, than is there really any point in staying on schedule? Unless there’s something about this device that is not visible even on the prototypes. As we had pointed out, they claim that what they’re leaking are prototypes, and not what is believed to be the final product.

We can’t end this by pointing out that even with this supposed corroborated information, it’s possible that these leaks are a well organized hoax. We don’t even have proof from these new leakers that they are who they say they are. We can’t help being excited ourselves, but we also have to be open to the possibility that this may all turn out to be wrong in the end.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

1000018407.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Worker122

Regular

mr narrins GIF
I agree with you Tech
I too have suspected for a few yrs now that large amounts of money already invested in R and D by the big players has played a part in our being “ignored “
When products are still selling well when updates are added to an existing, well liked item, it’s so much easier for them to continue on the same track. (if it ain’t broke don’t fix it attitude)and cruise along to recover money already invested.
Combined with the fact that we don’t seem to have the knock out combo needed to make these Companies understand, sit up, and see the absolute need to move to take the leap to new innovative Edge technologies ….yet.
I hope we are being introduced to their Rand D programs albeit slowly to enable the millions already invested in the pipeline to be recovered first, our turn will come, just hope I’m around to see it.
It will just take one.
I’m sticking fat.

• Fire

IloveLamp

Top 20

View attachment 69450
1000018414.jpg
1000018409.jpg
1000018412.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

manny100

Regular
I agree with you Tech
I too have suspected for a few yrs now that large amounts of money already invested in R and D by the big players has played a part in our being “ignored “
When products are still selling well when updates are added to an existing, well liked item, it’s so much easier for them to continue on the same track. (if it ain’t broke don’t fix it attitude)and cruise along to recover money already invested.
Combined with the fact that we don’t seem to have the knock out combo needed to make these Companies understand, sit up, and see the absolute need to move to take the leap to new innovative Edge technologies ….yet.
I hope we are being introduced to their Rand D programs albeit slowly to enable the millions already invested in the pipeline to be recovered first, our turn will come, just hope I’m around to see it.
It will just take one.
I’m sticking fat.
I agree with yourself and Tech it has been a long wait but the number of engagements for all of AKIDA 1000, 1500 and GEN2/TENNs gives me confidence we are getting reasonably close.
One deal and we will not see these prices again.
The other aspect that gives me confidence is that according to Sean prior Institution holders took stake in the raise and they know BRN well.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
So, a coupla days ago we have TCS demoing our technology at Semicon India.

Then 20 hours ago, we have an announcement that TCS is teaming up with Tata Electronics to develop India's first domestic chips by 2026.

This is all tying in VERY nicely with the below article IMO.

Methinks TATA will likely be the next cab off the rank to get a licence to meet the 2026 deadline. Five-year licence looking like a real possibility IMO.

View attachment 69306

The Tata Group has formed an alliance with Analog Devices.🤬

Tata Electronics, Tata Motors, and Tejas Networks ink MoU with ADI for semiconductor manufacture in India, and to use ADI’s products in Tata applications​

Tata Electronics and ADI intend to explore opportunities to manufacture ADI's products in Tata Electronics' fab in Gujarat and OSAT in Assam.

Ultra-Low Power Artificial Intelligence (AI) MCUs​

Enter Analog Devices' new line of AI microcontrollers. They run AI inferences hundreds of times faster and lower energy than other embedded solutions.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

manny100

Regular
The Tata Group has formed an alliance with Analog Devices.🤬

Tata Electronics, Tata Motors, and Tejas Networks ink MoU with ADI for semiconductor manufacture in India, and to use ADI’s products in Tata applications​

Tata Electronics and ADI intend to explore opportunities to manufacture ADI's products in Tata Electronics' fab in Gujarat and OSAT in Assam.

Tata are a huge company see quotes below.
The whole company is unlikely to select AKIDA only. Its to big a risk.
We are aligned with Tata Esxli and ADI have a MOU for other Divisions. I am not concerned. We start here and maybe later take on some other companies in the Tata group.
If we get a 5 year licence ' profitable overnight'.
"In 2023-24, the revenue of Tata companies, taken together, was $165 billion. These companies collectively employ over 1 million people."
" Tata Electronics, Tata Motors, and Tejas Networks signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ADI to enhance strategic and business cooperation, explore opportunities for semiconductor manufacturing in India, and use ADI's products in Tata applications like electric vehicles and network infrastructure. The companies also agree to have strategic roadmap alignment discussions."

Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

Hopefully we’ll get a look in here. SoftBank and Intelsat teaming up on a ubiquitous satellite communications network.They use the term “ubiquitous“ which is a very promising sign for us if you ask me.😝

By the way Intelsat and Airbus are partners. And Airbus and BrainChip are partners. Just saying.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
But on the flip-side…

“TCS’s involvement includes artificial intelligence; integrating AI to improve decision-making and operational capabilities”.

ADI does analog NNs:

US11829864B2 Systems and methods for energy-efficient analog matrix multiplication for machine learning processes
An energy-efficient multiplication circuit uses analog multipliers and adders to reduce the distance that data has to move and the number of times that the data has to be moved when performing matrix multiplications in the analog domain. The multiplication circuit is tailored to bitwise multiply the innermost product of a rearranged matrix formula generate a matrix multiplication result in form of a current that is then digitized for further processing.

US11263522B2 Analog switched-capacitor neural network+
Systems and methods are provided for reducing power in in-memory computing, matrix-vector computations, and neural networks.

US9847789B1 High precision sampled analog circuits

We know TCS likes SNNs, and, as you point out, if you want chips with that in the Phillipines, you get spicy neural networks ...
But on the flip-side…

“TCS’s involvement includes artificial intelligence; integrating AI to improve decision-making and operational capabilities”.

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom