BRN Discussion Ongoing

JB49

Regular

View attachment 69460
Unfortunately that same exact sentence has been regurgitated quite a few times over the last 2 years. Its nothing new. Example from a feb 23 article below
1000054066.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Rach2512

Regular
Unfortunately that same exact sentence has been regurgitated quite a few times over the last 2 years. Its nothing new. Example from a feb 23 article below
View attachment 69465
So if it's over two years old, we must be getting very close. Thanks for sharing 👍

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
Now why would Mr Lewis like this???

Attachments

• IMG_4565.png
    IMG_4565.png
    463.7 KB · Views: 249
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Brainchip redacted?

All the indications are that we are still working with Mercedes, but this Mercedes EQXX page no longer mentions Akida:

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/innovation/concept-cars/vision-eqxx-the-new-benchmark-of-effiency

In addition the concurrent article from January 2022 in Motortrend is now dated March 2024:

https://www.motortrend.com/events/m...c_tw_social_MT_220103_sf252559662#sf252559662

Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX Concept: Did You See This Coming, Elon?​

The establishment strikes back, as the stunning EV shows what a legacy automaker is capable of.
Angus MacKenzieWriterMar 06, 2024

One sentence from that originally 2022 article contains reference to Akida hardware AND software. At the time, I took "software" to be a reference to speech models, but, in light of the more recent specualtion that MB could be using Akida 2/TeNNs simulation software, I see this as adding weight to that hypothesis.

Mercedes engineers worked with California-based artificial-intelligence developer BrainChip to create systems based on the company's Akida hardware and software.

That led to the share price spike and LdN's "Nothing to see here!", so maybe there was an agreement to revert to stealth mode ...

If a company, all alone on the internet says "We are using Akida" and no one hears it ...

I stumbled across this as I was compiling a chronology of MBs AI involvement:

2020 NVIDIA Orin:

June 23, 2020 – Mercedes-Benz, and NVIDIA, the global leader in accelerated computing, plan to enter into a cooperation to create a revolutionary in-vehicle computing system and AI computing infrastructure. Starting in 2024, this will be rolled out across the fleet of next-generation Mercedes-Benz vehicles, enabling them with upgradable automated driving functions.
Automated driving functions in future Mercedes-Benz cars will be powered by NVIDIA’s next generation DRIVE platform. The computer system-on-chip (SoC), called Orin, is based on the recently announced NVIDIA Ampere supercomputing architecture.

2022 Akida

Akida's association with MB appears 18 months after NVIDIA.

2023 ChatGPT

June 16, 2023 – Mercedes-Benz is further expanding the use of artificial intelligence and integrating it into the voice control of its vehicles as the next step. By adding ChatGPT, voice control via the MBUX Voice Assistant's Hey Mercedes will become even more intuitive. An optional beta programme will start June 16, 2023 in the U.S. for over 900.000 vehicles equipped with the MBUX infotainment system

Mercedes-Benz MBUX Voice Assistant has already set industry standards and is known for its intuitive operation and a large command portfolio. Driver and passengers can receive sports and weather updates, have questions answered about their surroundings or even control their smart homes.

ChatGPT complements the existing intuitive voice control via Hey Mercedes.

The words used in relation to ChatGPT suggest it is augmenting "Hey Mercedes!", not replacing it.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Flenton

Regular
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Monkeymandan

Regular
Unfortunately that same exact sentence has been regurgitated quite a few times over the last 2 years. It’s
nothing new. Example from a feb 23 article below
View attachment 69465
And there was me thinking I could finally make a worthwhile contribution after lurking in the background the last 18 months with nothing valuable to say. 😬

While I’m here though - thanks to all the regular contributors and in particular those who share technical insight. I am convinced holders patience will be rewarded within the next 12 months.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

manny100

Regular
Brainchip redacted?

All the indications are that we are still working with Mercedes, but this Mercedes EQXX page no longer mentions Akida:

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/innovation/concept-cars/vision-eqxx-the-new-benchmark-of-effiency

In addition the concurrent article from January 2022 in Motortrend is now dated March 2024:

https://www.motortrend.com/events/m...c_tw_social_MT_220103_sf252559662#sf252559662

The establishment strikes back, as the stunning EV shows what a legacy automaker is capable of.

One sentence from that originally 2022 article contains reference to Akida hardware AND software. At the time, I took "software" to be a reference to speech models, but, in light of the more recent specualtion that MB could be using Akida 2/TeNNs simulation software, I see this as adding weight to that hypothesis.

Mercedes engineers worked with California-based artificial-intelligence developer BrainChip to create systems based on the company's Akida hardware and software.

That led to the share price spike and LdN's "Nothing to see here!", so maybe there was an agreement to revert to stealth mode ...

If a company, all alone on the internet says "We are using Akida" and no one hears it ...

2020 NVIDIA Orin:

June 23, 2020 – Mercedes-Benz, and NVIDIA, the global leader in accelerated computing, plan to enter into a cooperation to create a revolutionary in-vehicle computing system and AI computing infrastructure. Starting in 2024, this will be rolled out across the fleet of next-generation Mercedes-Benz vehicles, enabling them with upgradable automated driving functions.
Automated driving functions in future Mercedes-Benz cars will be powered by NVIDIA’s next generation DRIVE platform. The computer system-on-chip (SoC), called Orin, is based on the recently announced NVIDIA Ampere supercomputing architecture.

2022 Akida

2023 ChatGPT

June 16, 2023 – Mercedes-Benz is further expanding the use of artificial intelligence and integrating it into the voice control of its vehicles as the next step. By adding ChatGPT, voice control via the MBUX Voice Assistant's Hey Mercedes will become even more intuitive. An optional beta programme will start June 16, 2023 in the U.S. for over 900.000 vehicles equipped with the MBUX infotainment system

Mercedes-Benz MBUX Voice Assistant has already set industry standards and is known for its intuitive operation and a large command portfolio. Driver and passengers can receive sports and weather updates, have questions answered about their surroundings or even control their smart homes.

The words used in relation to ChatGPT suggest it is augmenting "Hey Mercedes!", not replacing it.
For interest, see below a presentation from about 6 months ago where Sean talks about Mercedes involvement subject to an NDA from circa 6 minute mark.
Also talks about the 1000, and 1500 chips and the reasons for producing them in silicon.
Overall a very interesting presentation. Well worth a watch.
I think we can be comfortable that Merc is still involved with BRN. My impression is that is for the futuristic Merc and not at this stage for production line cars.
Brainchip (ASX:BRN): All systems go in 2024! (youtube.com)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

DK6161

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
For interest, see below a presentation from about 6 months ago where Sean talks about Mercedes involvement subject to an NDA from circa 6 minute mark.
Also talks about the 1000, and 1500 chips and the reasons for producing them in silicon.
Overall a very interesting presentation. Well worth a watch.
I think we can be comfortable that Merc is still involved with BRN. My impression is that is for the futuristic Merc and not at this stage for production line cars.
Brainchip (ASX:BRN): All systems go in 2024! (youtube.com)
Thanks manny,

Like most of us, I keep wondering "Are we nearly there yet?"

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Brainchip redacted?

2020 NVIDIA Orin:

2022 Akida

2023 ChatGPT

Still in the original release @Diogenese

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Still in the original release @Diogenese

Thanks,

I checked a different page.

Afterthought: Electronic bookmarks aren't a patch on the good old postit note, although they do tend to clutter up the screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Tothemoon24

Top 20
IMG_9580.jpeg
IMG_9581.jpeg
IMG_9582.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 46 users

genyl

Emerged
Because he thinks it is exciting? The guy simply likes other posts that interest him. It got nothing to do with brainfart.Got damn you need some reality sense. And If you don't believe me, time will tell you that this got nothing to do with brainchip
Now why would Mr Lewis like this??

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Slade

Top 20
I don’t like putting people on ignore but some make the list with a single post.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Labsy

Regular
I don’t like putting people on ignore but some make the list with a single post.
Ditto...I squished that blow fly

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Quercuskid

Regular
Ditto...I squished that blow fly
Yep emerged is now submerged

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Top Bottom