• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
  • Wow
  • Fire

FiveBucks

Regular
Is this going to be a mega chips deal with our IP inside????
If it's already in production as the article suggests, you would think a deal would have been done a while back? And we would have had receipt of some sort of payment in the last quarterly?

Although I don't profess to know anything anymore!

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users
I'm sure MegaChips, would have pushed.

Did Nintendo take the line, is the big question?..

We know MegaChips did onsell, at least 2 or 3 AKIDA licences, a few years back (from one of our quarterly reports) and the development timeframe, fits in, with a new product release, from Nintendo.
We also know, that BrainChip used a gaming console graphic, almost exactly like the Switch controller, in one of their presentations a while back and Sean mentioned, us being on the cusp of sustainable revenue, in the AGM report.

All speculative dot joining.

I feel almost ashamed, to be bringing this up on a share forum 😔..

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

davidfitz

Regular
Is this going to be a mega chips deal with our IP inside????
Time will tell ;)

1725863581697.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

ndefries

Regular
All speculation but I was of the view when MegaChip got an Akida License and then helped with the design of Akida1500 based on customer request that this was all with the mindset of Nintendo. the planning timeframe does line up and for all we know Nintendo could have a license already safely sorted through MegaChip

It will be a big miss if Switch 2 does not get neuromophic capabilities given how many ways it could interact with AI, voice, video and gesture recognition.

It could be company changing for BrainChip and something that makes sense given the partnership MegaChip has with Nintendo and the clear benefits of building AI into next generation consoles. There would not be any annoucements if this was the case and it would be upto Nintendo in promotions to highlight the ground breaking tech.

can only hope

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Diogenese

Top 20
We also know, that BrainChip used a gaming console graphic, almost exactly like the Switch controller, in one of their presentations a while back and Sean mentioned, us being on the cusp of sustainable revenue, in the AGM report.

Hi DB,

On the basis of the most recently published patent info, I'm not hanging my hat on Nintendo

US2023019874A1 SYSTEMS AND METHODS OF NEURAL NETWORK TRAINING 20210713 (Nintendo)

[0073] Examples of different types of CPUs include an Intel CPU architecture (e.g., x86) and an ARM (Advanced Risk Machine) architecture. Examples of different GPUs include discrete GPUs like the NVIDIA V100 (which may include hardware support for matrix multiplications or tensor cores/accelerators) and integrated GPUs that may be found on a system on a chip (SoC).

Important to note that the patent was filed in 2021, so a lot of neurons have flowed under the bridge since then, includingTeNNs in 2022, and there have been ructions in the chip & AI industries in the interim, so I can't write it off - it's just that I couldn't find any patent info linking Nintendo to BRN. Of course, there is the 18 month post-filing NDA ...

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 23 users

Diogenese

Top 20
2.5 M BRN shares sold today - who has been teasing the down rampers again?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Hi DB,

On the basis of the most recently published patent info, I'm not hanging my hat on Nintendo

US2023019874A1 SYSTEMS AND METHODS OF NEURAL NETWORK TRAINING 20210713 (Nintendo)

[0073] Examples of different types of CPUs include an Intel CPU architecture (e.g., x86) and an ARM (Advanced Risk Machine) architecture. Examples of different GPUs include discrete GPUs like the NVIDIA V100 (which may include hardware support for matrix multiplications or tensor cores/accelerators) and integrated GPUs that may be found on a system on a chip (SoC).

Important to note that the patent was filed in 2021, so a lot of neurons have flowed under the bridge since then, includingTeNNs in 2022, and there have been ructions in the chip & AI industries in the interim, so I can't write it off - it's just that I couldn't find any patent info linking Niniend to BRN. Of course, there is the 18 month post-filing NDA ...
Wouldn't a patent only be required, if the IP of a Company, is being used in a new or novel way?

I mean, if you've bought the licence to some IP, must that be mentioned in a product patent, if it's just being used, as advertised "on the box"?..

For example, using AKIDA for gesture recognition, on a gaming console, is not a "new invention" requiring a patent, although it may be a new "feature" of that product?

Last edited:
  • Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
Wouldn't a patent only be required, if the IP of a Company, is being used in a new or novel way?

I mean, if you've bought the licence to some IP, must that be mentioned in a product patent, if it's just being used, as advertised "on the box"?..

For example, using AKIDA for gesture recognition, on a gaming console, is not a "new invention" requiring a patent, although it may be a new "feature" of that product?
That's true.

I was hoping to find a link, but, as I said, not finding one does not exclude the possibility - it's the old "absence of evidence <> evidence of absence".

7für7

Top 20
Page 4444of4444 nice

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

keyeat

Regular
All speculation but I was of the view when MegaChip got an Akida License and then helped with the design of Akida1500 based on customer request that this was all with the mindset of Nintendo. the planning timeframe does line up and for all we know Nintendo could have a license already safely sorted through MegaChip

It will be a big miss if Switch 2 does not get neuromophic capabilities given how many ways it could interact with AI, voice, video and gesture recognition.

It could be company changing for BrainChip and something that makes sense given the partnership MegaChip has with Nintendo and the clear benefits of building AI into next generation consoles. There would not be any annoucements if this was the case and it would be upto Nintendo in promotions to highlight the ground breaking tech.

can only hope
If you were working at BrainChip an you knew this was coming would you leave ?

If you were on the board and you knew this was coming down the line would you have purchased shares ?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

ndefries

Regular
If you were working at BrainChip an you knew this was coming would you leave ?

If you were on the board and you knew this was coming down the line would you have purchased shares ?
Good point. I can't answer that. Employees are asked to or leave for many reasons. It would be good if directors bought I agree with you there

Reactions: 5 users

KMuzza

Mad Scientist

Attachments

• Screenshot (69).png
    Screenshot (69).png
    649.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Kachoo

Regular

Just to add to the speculation we know Seam gave out a forecast on revenue.

Know Megachip bought IP but say they sold it on to Nintendo they would get a cut as well as getting a cut of the royalty so is it possible that the revenue upgrade could be part of this royalty if we where in the Nintendo?

There are 4 possible royalty trickles
1. MEGACHIPS Nintendo
2. VALEO software
3. Mercedes Software
4. Renesas Hardware

This is all speculation but these are the 4 steo guest leads to the forcasted revenue upgrades.

Now I can not see all 4 being part of the revenue but 2 yes.

Also it was pointed out by Dio that software revenue would be significantly less but it's a work around as they work on the final design of the hardware.

For example Valeo and MB in a car don't care as much about ultra low power use in an ICE and even with the customer expectations on EV its safer to go with software until hardware is really designed efficiently IMO.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

TECH

Regular
That's true.

I was hoping to find a link, but, as I said, not finding one does not exclude the possibility - it's the old "absence of evidence <> evidence of absence".

Another way to view things could be the fact that around 70% of all MegaChips business came/comes from one source, that being
Nintendo....so the trust that's been established between these two companies over the years is very evident, I believe if MegaChips
after securing a License from us, then suggested to Nintendo that this groundbreaking revolutionary technology they had recently
been introduced to was going to propel them (Nintendo and others) forward with first mover advantage, Nintendo would have seen
that as a green light to embrace it.

The element of trust is a very powerful tool in this industry, and that's what I'd be hanging my hat on, fingers crossed.

Tech...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
Another way to view things could be the fact that around 70% of all MegaChips business came/comes from one source, that being
Nintendo....so the trust that's been established between these two companies over the years is very evident, I believe if MegaChips
after securing a License from us, then suggested to Nintendo that this groundbreaking revolutionary technology they had recently
been introduced to was going to propel them (Nintendo and others) forward with first mover advantage, Nintendo would have seen
that as a green light to embrace it.

The element of trust is a very powerful tool in this industry, and that's what I'd be hanging my hat on, fingers crossed.

Tech...
Out of all the dot joining and partnerships megachips is the one that excites me the most, followed closely by tata then Mercedes

1725892371844.gif

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

GStocks123

Regular
  • Fire
Top Bottom