BRN Discussion Ongoing

Wouldn’t that be commercial suicide
I would think that every young person would have an instant hate towards the company
These Ai phones in the future will recognise you when you pick it up, the phone will turn on or off accordingly to your age.
I don’t think anyone company is responsible for this Ai revolution the opportunities are endless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Rach2512

Regular

Any ideas if Akida in here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240910-163909_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240910-163909_Samsung Internet.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Reactions: 2 users

7für7

Top 20
Reactions: 4 users

FiveBucks

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Of the first 100 trades today 63% were for less than $500
ie not made by a retail holder. Nearly 2/3rds were micky mouse
bot trades. This is bollocks. Just an observation. Rant over.
As you were.Carry on
Akida ballista
It's a common misconception, that the minimum trade for retail is $500..

For CommSec anyway..

20240910_210450.jpg

Handy for those to know, who may want to do a weekly purchase, or for when things get a little bit tight..

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

stockduck

Regular
These Ai phones in the future will recognise you when you pick it up, the phone will turn on or off accordingly to your age.
I don’t think anyone company is responsible for this Ai revolution the opportunities are endless.
Sounds interesting... it seems like the same thing named in this forbes article:

Reactions: 2 users

manny100

Regular
See below a presentation from about 6 months ago where Sean talks about Mercedes involvement subject to an NDA from circa 6 minute mark.
Also talks about the 1000, and 1500 chips and the reasons for producing them in silicon.
Overall a very interesting presentation. Well worth a watch.
I think we can both be comfortable that Merc is still involved with BRN.
Brainchip (ASX:BRN): All systems go in 2024! (youtube.com)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

manny100

Regular
Sean presentation to Oppenheimer 26th Annual Technology, Internet & Communications Conference.
Not only does it confirm Mercedes involvement at the 1 minute mark (see the slide) at the 25 minute mark Sean addresses a Competition Analysis Slide.
You guessed it BRN kicks competition butt big time - and that is understating.. The slide also mentions Gen 2.
At the 35 minute mark during questions Sean addresses the interest in AKIDA auto in cabin but also makes some interesting autonomous driving comments.
I urge all posters to have a watch of the presentation.
CEO Sean Hehir Sums Up BrainChip’s Value Prop for Oppenheimer Investors (youtube.com)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

gilti

Regular
It's a common misconception, that the minimum trade for retail is $500..

For CommSec anyway..

View attachment 69096

Handy for those to know, who may want to do a weekly purchase, or for when things get a little bit tight..
Cheers for that. I was not aware you could purchase lesser amounts.
rant still applies I am sick of the blatent manipulation on BRN.
Closing auction case in point.
The cutoff time is " unknown random time " between 10 & 11 minuites after close.
For an "unknown time" it is astonding that a trade of 1 -10 shares is the final sale and it
just coincidentally trips the price down by 1/2 a cent or prevents it actually going up by 1/2 a cent or
maintaining the status quo.
since the start of the year daily vwap against the daily close has been manipulated to the tune of 16.7 cents down.
This is greater than the current share price. i monitor these figures and can produce if anyone is interested.
VWAP should average equally +- against daily close over 8 months
But as the song says "you got to keep the faith"
( preferred option as the song says "burn mfers burn")

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 19 users

manny100

Regular
Just for interest i asked co pilot for negative articles on Brainchip AKIDA.
Answer:
" I couldn’t find any recent negative articles specifically about BrainChip’s Akida technology. Most of the recent coverage highlights its advancements and applications. For instance, the Akida Edge AI Box has been praised for its power-efficient on-device operations1. Additionally, BrainChip’s neuromorphic processors have shown promising results in cybersecurity and other applications2."
The only potential limitations co pilot could find are in the article below:
Maybe someone more 'tech' than i am can decipher it.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

itsol4605

Regular
Just for interest i asked co pilot for negative articles on Brainchip AKIDA.
Answer:
" I couldn’t find any recent negative articles specifically about BrainChip’s Akida technology. Most of the recent coverage highlights its advancements and applications. For instance, the Akida Edge AI Box has been praised for its power-efficient on-device operations1. Additionally, BrainChip’s neuromorphic processors have shown promising results in cybersecurity and other applications2."
The only potential limitations co pilot could find are in the article below:
Maybe someone more 'tech' than i am can decipher it.
Sell on good news – yes, everyday
Buy on bad news – no bad news

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Cheers for that. I was not aware you could purchase lesser amounts.
rant still applies I am sick of the blatent manipulation on BRN.
Closing auction case in point.
The cutoff time is " unknown random time " between 10 & 11 minuites after close.
For an "unknown time" it is astonding that a trade of 1 -10 shares is the final sale and it
just coincidentally trips the price down by 1/2 a cent or prevents it actually going up by 1/2 a cent or
maintaining the status quo.
since the start of the year daily vwap against the daily close has been manipulated to the tune of 16.7 cents down.
This is greater than the current share price. i monitor these figures and can produce if anyone is interested.
VWAP should average equally +- against daily close over 8 months
But as the song says "you got to keep the faith"
( preferred option as the song says "burn mfers burn")
You have to remember, that the ASX is a business.
Which happens to be listed, on its own Exchange 🤔..
I wonder if that's a conflict of interests, or something?..

20240911_000126.jpg

Anyway, as long as there's lots of trading, they're making money, so they don't give a rat's really..

And we know the ASIC is a joke.

Every company, that has decent volume, is going to be a target, for shenanigans, especially if they have a strong market capitalisation/revenue dynamic.

BrainChip, needs to show solid growth, is the short and curlies of it..

Personally, I'm itching to buy more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users

Chris B

Regular
It would be great if they could release a short video showing some of the new demo's in action

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240911_022012_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240911_022012_X.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: 14 users

Frangipani

Regular
Don’t know about Sean Hehir, but someone else who has been comes to mind:

View attachment 66251
View attachment 66253

In December 2019, Habana Labs, the Israel-based company that is best known for developing the family of Gaudi AI accelerators for data center training and inference, was acquired by Intel for approximately US$ 2 billion, two months after Steve Thorne - who had previously been with Intel for almost a quarter century in various roles - had become Head of Sales at Habana Labs. The company remains headquartered in Tel Aviv and now operates as an independent Intel company.

View attachment 66254

Care for some wild speculation?

Given the fact that our VP of Sales, Steve Thorne, used to work for Habana Labs until November 2023 (see my post above; on LinkedIn, he describes himself as a “Senior Sales & Marketing Executive with 30 years’ experience in AI and Data Center solutions serving BrainChip, Habana Labs and Intel”), and given our CTO recently hinted that not only the sensor edge - the market our company is primarily targeting - but even data centre architecture could one day benefit from Akida’s power-efficiency (listen to the AGM webcast from 46:52 min, when Tony Lewis was asked about this topic and - with a big smile on his face - gave a guarded, yet optimistic response, pointing out they needed to prove out TENNs and to see whether they could scale up), I wouldn’t discount some kind of connection between our company and the newly founded Tel Aviv-based AI chip start-up Touch (initially registered as Element Labs in August), co-founded in stealth by the same trio that had co-founded Habana Labs back in 2016 - Avigdor Willenz, David Dahan and Ran Halutz - with the added help of angel investor Manuel Alba-Marquez, a long-time friend and business partner of Avigdor Willenz.

Could this Israeli start-up’s coming out of stealth possibly even be related to the mysterious Akida Customer SoC and/or the recent CR? I should add there is no specific mention of neuromorphic or brain-inspired in the article, though, so please consider my post nothing but wild speculation for now…

Serial entrepreneur Avigdor Willenz founds new chip startup​

Avigdor Willenz credit: Intel

Avigdor Willenz credit: Intel

21 Aug, 2024 13:11
Assaf Gilead

The founders of Habana Labs, sold to Intel for $2 billion, have set up Touch in Tel Aviv to develop AI processors.​

Serial entrepreneur and chip investor Avigdor Willenz has founded in stealth, together with his former partners at Habana Labs, a new AI chip startup called Touch, which to judge by the joint record of the founders could lead to a huge exit in several years.

Touch's founding team includes CEO David Dahan and VP development Ran Halutz who together with Willenz founded graphic processor developer Habana Labs, which was sold to Intel for $2 billion in 2019. In recent months, with the procedures of organizational changes being undertaken by Intel at Habana Labs, which includes ending its status as an independent company and making it subject to three Intel divisions, there has been a wave of departures by senior executives, including Dahan and Halutz, who have remained there since the acquisition.

Willenz, Dahan and Halutz registered their new company earlier this month under the name of Element Labs and have raised several million dollars of their own money, together with Willenz's American friend Manuel Alba, who has been involved in founding many companies with Willenz including Galileo - Willenz's first exit more than 20 years ago. Element Labs is probably a temporary name with the founders preferring to call the company Touch.

The protests and departure from Israel

Touch's temporary address has been listed as the Azrieli towers in Tel Aviv, probably because it houses the Arnon Tadmor-Levy law firm, which handles Willenz's business affairs in Israel. Adv. Orly Tsioni, a partner at the firm, holds shares in the company, according to the companies' registry, and it could be that she is acting as a trustee for additional investors whose names have yet to be disclosed. Willenz tends to found his startups in the north, near his former home on Kibbutz Hanita. In the past, he founded companies in Yokneam, Haifa and Caesarea. In an interview with "Globes" last year, Willenz, who has moved to Switzerland as an act of protest against the Israeli government and Tax Authority, said that he would halt new investments in Israel, but would support Israeli entrepreneurs who set up their companies abroad.

What is Willenz, the 67-year-old entrepreneur planning for the AI industry? Every detail related to the company is shrouded in mystery, with the company's founders playing their cards close to their chest. Senior sources in the industry believe that the company develops AI chips for inference - in which end users operate AI engines by, that have been trained by the companies that developed them. Every query in OpenAI's ChatGPT or in Microsoft's copilot is considered an inference operation, and according to estimates, most growth in AI activity in the coming years will come from inference and not from model training stages.

According to the senior source's assessment, Touch's chips will be designed for small and local data centers, a new and growing market that helps transfer the load on AI processing activity from large data centers to population centers. In this way, AI processing operations, which are considered expensive and consume large amounts of electricity, are spread to many servers located nearby and do not put less load onto consumer end devices.

The pioneer who became a billionaire

Willenz is a global pioneer in processors for servers who became a billionaire at the start of the century when he sold Galileo, the chip company he had set up in Karmiel, to Marvell Technologies for $2.7 billion. Then Willenz sold semiconductor startups such as Pixer Technology to Carl Zeiss for $70 million and in 2013 he sold Annapurna Labs to Amazon for $370 million, which became a strategic acquisition by Amazon in AI. Annapurna's server chips bring in billions of dollars today for the cloud computing and retail giant.

In recent weeks Habana Labs has been merged into Intel after maintaining its independence for five years
. At the time of the acquisition in 2019, Willenz sought to copy the Mobileye model and maintain independence. The two Habana-developed processors launched by Intel, Gaudi 1 and Gaudi 2 have not been able to capture market share from rivals Nvidia and AMD, and after launching Gaudi 3 in the coming weeks, Intel plans to use only the core of Habana's graphic processor and integrate it with the technology taken from internal development to launch Falcon Shore, based on 1.8 nanometer.

No response was forthcoming from any of the new startup's founders.

Published by Globes, Israel business news - en.globes.co.il - on August 21, 2024.
© Copyright of Globes Publisher Itonut (1983) Ltd., 2024.

2DEE937C-0763-49D0-8310-C29FB7834F4E.jpeg

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Frangipani

Regular
A happy reunion earlier today at the AI Hardware & Edge AI Summit 2024 in San Jose, CA:

08B7D6AD-4D61-46B3-993A-AA0B214F9121.jpeg

C6E3236B-B1D6-4639-9EAE-DFF3CC08C0A8.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Frangipani

Regular
It would be great if they could release a short video showing some of the new demo's in action

Just reposting that thumbnail image of yours in full size, as it reveals the name of a new demo on the right monitor as well as on the info leaflet next to it:

D68BCF9D-EB31-4C34-904B-7E8E486C5C3F.jpeg

456AC9B4-8635-402D-9641-E68A77C22969.jpeg

It says: “LLMs on the Edge with RAG” resp. “LLM with RAG on Akida”

I googled RAG, which means “Retrieval-Augmented Generation”.

“Retrieval augmented generation (RAG) is a type of generative artificial intelligence that has information retrieval capabilities. It modifies interactions with a large language model (LLM) so that the model responds to user queries with reference to a specified set of documents, using this information in preference to information drawn from its own vast, static training data. This allows LLMs to use domain-specific and/or updated information.[1] Use cases include providing chatbot access to internal company data, or giving factual information only from an authoritative source.[2]

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 61 users

Frangipani

Regular
F9CAB8F3-6F4A-46B1-876D-8B07FAD9490C.jpeg

9524ACF3-89C4-4F7A-B467-8D2A16C8B2B0.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Gazzafish

Regular
Just reposting that thumbnail image of yours in full size, as it reveals the name of a new demo on the right monitor as well as on the info leaflet next to it:

View attachment 69108

View attachment 69109

It says: “LLMs on the Edge with RAG” resp. “LLM with RAG on Akida”

I googled RAG, which means “Retrieval-Augmented Generation”.

“Retrieval augmented generation (RAG) is a type of generative artificial intelligence that has information retrieval capabilities. It modifies interactions with a large language model (LLM) so that the model responds to user queries with reference to a specified set of documents, using this information in preference to information drawn from its own vast, static training data. This allows LLMs to use domain-specific and/or updated information.[1] Use cases include providing chatbot access to internal company data, or giving factual information only from an authoritative source.[2]
I’m interested in the “select an appliance” section on the left of the screen 🤔🙏

Reactions: 10 users
You have to remember, that the ASX is a business.
Which happens to be listed, on its own Exchange 🤔..
I wonder if that's a conflict of interests, or something?..

View attachment 69103

Anyway, as long as there's lots of trading, they're making money, so they don't give a rat's really..

And we know the ASIC is a joke.

Every company, that has decent volume, is going to be a target, for shenanigans, especially if they have a strong market capitalisation/revenue dynamic.

BrainChip, needs to show solid growth, is the short and curlies of it..

Personally, I'm itching to buy more.
😆 If your short and curlies are itching, they make a cream for that. 😆

SC

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom