BRN Discussion Ongoing

7für7

Top 20
I find the quite not much of an issue but good news is always welcomed.

We have had a forecast of some what may call reoccurring revenues as they never ever forcaste IP deals. Secondly This being a gist by the company must mean that things are starting to move.

We have signed a deal with Airbus small yes but it's a deal not all deals will be big.

This denoising technology with aTENNuation is pushing to be a big deal. Did you all see the endorsement from Anil and most of the BRN team on Rudy's post. It's shares and will be presented this week at a conference.

So I thinknthey are tracking along well but an IP deal is always welcomed
I know about that and that’s why I’m confident. That’s why I mentioned “Based on this analysis regarding the share price”🙋🏻‍♂️

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
No I was told the only staff member who moved to the US with his family was Anup, and I think someone posted that he has since
left our operations at Laguna Hills.

Milind is definitely in Perth from my understanding and has an office back in India, he has a number of patents with other inventors
and is very passionate about AI.

Lets hope the closing down of our Perth offices wasn't a mistake in the long run.
It's good that he has an office in india - there's a lot more AI invention going on there. With this Akida experience, maybe he can get TATA as a client.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Maybe interesting to note....possibly....another Samsung connection ?? over 3 years working with us on patents among other things.
Have any doors been opened in South Korea, I wonder...parted company in July I believe.

3rd quarter coming to a close in 2 weeks, this year is like many, slipping by faster and faster it would seem.

Tech

art grow GIF
I cant see where it says he is working for Samsung?

Milind has since held various pivotal positions in private practice and in-house roles. Noteworthy among his roles are heading IP division for Samsung Electronics (R&D) in India,

Reactions: 11 users

Frangipani

Regular
No I was told the only staff member who moved to the US with his family was Anup, and I think someone posted that he has since
left our operations at Laguna Hills.

Milind is definitely in Perth from my understanding and has an office back in India, he has a number of patents with other inventors
and is very passionate about AI.

Lets hope the closing down of our Perth offices wasn't a mistake in the long run.

Yes, according to his LinkedIn profile, Anup Vanarse moved to the US at the end of February and - since then based in Irvine, CA - continued to work for our company until August.

However, he is now “open for work” and actively looking for a new role.

The fact that he left what looks like a secure job without another one lined up (except for his ongoing side hustle as a remote AI/ML Advisor for NZ-based Scentian Bio, which presumably doesn’t pay the bills) suggests to me he was unhappy in his previous position, possibly due to personal tensions? (Or someone wasn’t happy with him and asked him to leave?)
I cannot imagine it was a decision taken lightly, especially for someone on a US work visa - which I assume he is on - as it means he is now probably under severe pressure to seek new employment under his work visa portability provisions, as otherwise he will soon have to leave the United States. (Just my speculation. Of course, for all we know, he could also be a natural born US citizen in no need of a work visa whose parents moved (back) to India after he was born - at least that is where he did his Bachelor of Computer Sciences and Engineering degree from 2009-2013, at Visvesvaraya Technological University.)

An interpersonal issue seems far more likely to me as a reason for Anup Vanarse quitting his job without a follow-up one in sight than an issue with our company as such - if he had generally not been happy working for BrainChip after having done so for more than 3.5 years in Perth, would he have taken the plunge and relocated to another continent, apparently uprooting his family, too? (Unless he were a scheming guy intent on securing a US work visa by any means, with the intention of switching employers after arriving on American soil, which I believe is highly unlikely.)
And I reckon he would also have worded his LinkedIn farewell post differently.

I had the same gut feeling when I noticed Nikunj Kotecha had suddenly left BrainChip end of last year and temporarily relocated back to India (he has since returned to California, but has not come back to work for us).

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-423978

1FB3AA29-B574-48E0-86B2-0CC63D9074F0.jpeg

31409A69-3A07-4F9F-BD91-EA0286961BA4.jpeg

E0DC77EF-230E-4C19-B5C9-F88AAFAD1E87.jpeg

04B174F4-3565-45F7-9747-625ADCCC6253.jpeg

By the way, someone else from our now closed-down Perth Research Institute recently relocated from WA to CA - right into the heart of Silicon Valley:

85D86501-5279-4E53-9D83-6ABC6A8AB3CB.jpeg

For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been waiting for Vi Nguyen Thanh Le to come out of stealth by posting the customary LinkedIn message

“I am happy to share that I am starting a new position as …”

Santa Clara is of course the heart of Silicon Valley, where tech giants such as AMD, Intel and NVIDIA are headquartered, but also lots of smaller semiconductor companies and start-ups:

And then there is a plethora of further potential employers in the surrounding cities of Silicon Valley, there is also Stanford University nearby etc

It will be very interesting to see who hired Vi Nguyen Thanh Le - as her LinkedIn profile says she is now based in the US, her work visa must have already been approved (once again, assuming she is not a US citizen). I am pretty sure she wouldn’t have updated her location on LinkedIn if her California stint was just a tourist or family visit.

What this reveal likely won’t tell us, though, is:
Was our company not able to offer her a US-based job after closing down her former workplace in Perth, did she consciously choose to switch employers or will she be working for a company hiding behind an NDA with BrainChip…

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Frangipani

Regular

He isn’t currently, but indeed used to work for them: According to his LinkedIn profile, Milind Joshi left the IP division of Samsung Electronics in India almost two years before he became BrainChip‘s Global IP Strategist and Counsel:

7FD48923-7E14-4DB9-932F-E84B468DFB44.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Frangipani

Regular
In late 2023, EDGX co-founder and CTO Wouter Benoot shared with the LinkedIn community that EDGX had been selected for the imec.istart accelerator program (to find out more, see https://www.imecistart.com/en/faq),

0337AE86-A122-4EE2-9232-E0B487795E13.jpeg

Meet the imec.istart Autumn 2023 cohort​

PROGRAM NEWS - 23 NOV 2023
A fresh cohort has just joined the imec.istart ranks, and we're thrilled to introduce these emerging Champions of Change to the world! We've handpicked 8 promising companies keen on revolutionizing society with their tech solutions. Armed with financial backing, mentorship, technological resources, and a close-knit imec.istart network that feels like family, they are primed for success!

Sports Tech and Construction Tech Take the Lead​

The presence of startups in the domains of Sports Tech and Construction Tech stands out prominently. Moreover, we observe a kaleidoscope of business domains, spanning aerospace, restaurant packaging, media tech, and building construction, among others. Program Manager Elise Descamps explains:

“We notice a rich diversity in domains that extends to experience and age within this new cohort. It includes student rookies as well as well-versed entrepreneurs with many years of experience. This is right up the ally of the imec.istart accelerator program, where a one-size-fits-all philosophy definitely does not apply.”

Resubmissions and imec.istart’s Pre-Acceleration Program​

Our open call selections often consider one or two resubmissions—these are companies whose business projects were previously not accepted but have taken the opportunity to reapply in subsequent calls.

Notably, since July 2023, imec.istart has incorporated a new pre-acceleration program, taking over all startup-related activities of the former Blue Health Innovation Center. This program extension allows us to nurture startups in an early developmental stage that might otherwise slip through the cracks, aligning with our mission to support all budding businesses, regardless of their stage.

Startup Autumn 2023 cohort​

Let’s delve into the 8 startups that make up our Autumn 2023 cohort and explore the exciting businesses they are engaged in.
BORRO: offers an easy cashless deposit system for reusable take-out and event packaging.

CALQI: provides a SaaS platform that streamlines architects' and construction contractors' tendering process into one efficient end-to-end experience.

CLIPIDO: is a smart B2B cloud storage for media files (image, video, visual PDFs) using AI.

EDGX: envisions a world where thousands of intelligent satellites provide real-time data connectivity for man and machine on Earth. EDGX designs an AI-based data processing unit for satellites, enabling faster data processing and onboard AI algorithms.

OLYMPX: provides precision biomechanical insights of athletes in real-time to optimize their performances and prevent injuries on the field.

ONTRACX: offers a wearable tech solution to runners and healthcare professionals, aiming to prevent overuse injuries or assist in the return-to-run phase of rehabilitation.

TOOLMASTER: developed a shared customizable project management software with specialized tools for engineering and inspection firms, bridging the communication gap between field visits and offices.

WISE PEOPLE: helps organizations become faster, better, and smarter in their application process by (re)connecting organizations and applicants transparently through social proof.

Interested to join these startups in our imec.istart Acceleration Program?
Don't miss the chance to secure preseed funding ranging from 50K to 250K and become part of a vibrant community like-minded tech entrepreneurs. We hold three open calls annually in January, May and September.
Register now for our upcoming online info session webinar about our program.

Fast forward to September 2024….
At imec.istart’s annual BBQ on Thursday, the EDGX team was presented with the leading Belgian business accelerator’s Next Unicorn Award (in a 2023 imec.istart post, this award was described as “𝘔𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴”).

Congratulations to our friends from Belgium who signed a non-binding MoU with BrainChip in Oct 2023 (just in case you had forgotten and were scratching your head why I would post about their award here; you can also refresh your memory by reading the following article by EDGX CEO and Co-Founder Nick Destrycker about their EDGX-1 DPU architecture: https://brainchip.com/edging-into-space/)

65D13579-228E-4521-AED8-7D4B0E63FBD7.jpeg

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7108031138102693889/

978F2B4E-B4AE-435B-94D3-877F9EE54F4A.jpeg

For those who are not familiar with the term unicorn 🦄 in business speech (even though I am unsure whether or not imec.istart might actually use the term more loosely):

“The term "unicorn" holds a special allure for startups. Coined by venture capitalist Aileen Lee in 2013, a unicorn refers to a privately held startup valued at over $1 billion. This exclusive club represents the pinnacle of entrepreneurial success, capturing the imagination of founders, investors, and the general public alike.

Aileen Lee, founder of Cowboy Ventures, introduced the term "unicorn" in a 2013 TechCrunch article. The analogy likens these rare and mythical startups to the legendary creatures due to their scarcity and the perceived difficulty of achieving a $1 billion valuation. Lee's term sparked a cultural phenomenon, transforming the startup landscape by creating a shared metric for success.

Unicorn startups share common traits that distinguish them from their peers. Innovation is a linchpin, as these companies often bring disruptive solutions to the market. Achieving scale is another key factor, with unicorns demonstrating the ability to grow rapidly and capture substantial market share. Additionally, potential for sustained growth and profitability is crucial, positioning them as not just momentary successes but long-term industry leaders.”

What a serendipitous 2021 coffee talk it was indeed… ☕

F05EFB0E-46BB-4C08-BA9A-8DC14B4E840C.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Slade

Top 20
Yes, according to his LinkedIn profile, Anup Vanarse moved to the US at the end of February and - since then based in Irvine, CA - continued to work for our company until August.

However, he is now “open for work” and actively looking for a new role.

The fact that he left what looks like a secure job without another one lined up (except for his ongoing side hustle as a remote AI/ML Advisor for NZ-based Scentian Bio, which presumably doesn’t pay the bills) suggests to me he was unhappy in his previous position, possibly due to personal tensions? (Or someone wasn’t happy with him and asked him to leave?)
I cannot imagine it was a decision taken lightly, especially for someone on a US work visa - which I assume he is on - as it means he is now probably under severe pressure to seek new employment under his work visa portability provisions, as otherwise he will soon have to leave the United States. (Just my speculation. Of course, for all we know, he could also be a natural born US citizen in no need of a work visa whose parents moved (back) to India after he was born - at least that is where he did his Bachelor of Computer Sciences and Engineering degree from 2009-2013, at Visvesvaraya Technological University.)

An interpersonal issue seems far more likely to me as a reason for Anup Vanarse quitting his job without a follow-up one in sight than an issue with our company as such - if he had generally not been happy working for BrainChip after having done so for more than 3.5 years in Perth, would he have taken the plunge and relocated to another continent, apparently uprooting his family, too? (Unless he were a scheming guy intent on securing a US work visa by any means, with the intention of switching employers after arriving on American soil, which I believe is highly unlikely.)
And I reckon he would also have worded his LinkedIn farewell post differently.

I had the same gut feeling when I noticed Nikunj Kotecha had suddenly left BrainChip end of last year and temporarily relocated back to India (he has since returned to California, but has not come back to work for us).

https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-ongoing.1/post-423978

View attachment 69043
View attachment 69044
View attachment 69045
View attachment 69046

By the way, someone else from our now closed-down Perth Research Institute recently relocated from WA to CA - right into the heart of Silicon Valley:

View attachment 69048

For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been waiting for Vi Nguyen Thanh Le to come out of stealth by posting the customary LinkedIn message

“I am happy to share that I am starting a new position as …”

Santa Clara is of course the heart of Silicon Valley, where tech giants such as AMD, Intel and NVIDIA are headquartered, but also lots of smaller semiconductor companies and start-ups:

And then there is a plethora of further potential employers in the surrounding cities of Silicon Valley, there is also Stanford University nearby etc

It will be very interesting to see who hired Vi Nguyen Thanh Le - as her LinkedIn profile says she is now based in the US, her work visa must have already been approved (once again, assuming she is not a US citizen). I am pretty sure she wouldn’t have updated her location on LinkedIn if her California stint was just a tourist or family visit.

What this reveal likely won’t tell us, though, is:
Was our company not able to offer her a US-based job after closing down her former workplace in Perth, did she consciously choose to switch employers or will she be working for a company hiding behind an NDA with BrainChip…
Please provide your own Linkdin account details so we can make public speculations about your actions and character. Like whether or not you are a scheming guy and an illegal immigrant.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

Frangipani

Regular
Please provide your own Linkdin account details so we can make public speculations about your actions and character. Like whether or not you are a scheming guy and an illegal immigrant.

What are you insinuating?!
I would have thought my use of the subjunctive (“Unless he were…” instead of “Unless he is…”) alone made it clear that this was a hypothetical situation I doubted was true in reality. And nowhere did I hint at either of the former BrainChip employees possibly being an illegal immigrant. Stop twisting my words!

You evidently don’t need my LinkedIn account details to make public speculations to spread lies about my alleged actions and character:

IMG_5175.jpeg

Still waiting for you to let me in on what my hidden agenda is, since I never even knew I had one! But I can tell you what my perfectly open agenda is: to substantiate my arguments with FACTS and to defend myself from being unfairly attacked. My intentions are obvious? How about you stop darkly hinting and tell us more!

By the way, I happened to see that other post of yours at the time, in which you suspected I was Lolci/Dolci, which was online for a very short time only before you deleted it (or someone reported it).
LOL without ci - you seem in dire need of a more capable private detective…

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Slade

Top 20
What are you insinuating?!
I would have thought my use of the subjunctive (“Unless he were…” instead of “Unless he is…”) alone made it clear that this was a hypothetical situation I doubted was true in reality. And nowhere did I hint at either of the former BrainChip employees possibly being an illegal immigrant. Stop twisting my words!

You evidently don’t need my LinkedIn account details to make public speculations to spread lies about my alleged actions and character:

View attachment 69055

Still waiting for you to let me in on what my hidden agenda is, since I never even knew I had one! But I can tell you what my perfectly open agenda is: to substantiate my arguments with FACTS and to defend myself from being unfairly attacked. My intentions are obvious? How about you stop darkly hinting and tell us more!

By the way, I happened to see that other post of yours at the time, in which you suspected I was Lolci/Dolci, which was online for a very short time only before you deleted it (or someone reported it).
LOL without ci - you seem in dire need of a more capable private detective…
I hope I haven’t damaged your anonymous reputation.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users

IloveLamp

Top 20

1000018212.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Dougie54

Regular

View attachment 69060
Never heard of this CMO before,how long have we had him?

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 58 users
Reactions: 2 users

Labsy

Regular
View attachment 69061
Doesn't this get your juices flowing?...
Oh yeeeeaaaaaaah baby ... I'm expecting revenue from here 4th Q This year .... Let's do this ...
And if so a prediction of 65c Xmas.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 24 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users
In late 2023, EDGX co-founder and CTO Wouter Benoot shared with the LinkedIn community that EDGX had been selected for the imec.istart accelerator program (to find out more, see https://www.imecistart.com/en/faq),

View attachment 69050

Meet the imec.istart Autumn 2023 cohort​

PROGRAM NEWS - 23 NOV 2023
A fresh cohort has just joined the imec.istart ranks, and we're thrilled to introduce these emerging Champions of Change to the world! We've handpicked 8 promising companies keen on revolutionizing society with their tech solutions. Armed with financial backing, mentorship, technological resources, and a close-knit imec.istart network that feels like family, they are primed for success!

Sports Tech and Construction Tech Take the Lead​

The presence of startups in the domains of Sports Tech and Construction Tech stands out prominently. Moreover, we observe a kaleidoscope of business domains, spanning aerospace, restaurant packaging, media tech, and building construction, among others. Program Manager Elise Descamps explains:

“We notice a rich diversity in domains that extends to experience and age within this new cohort. It includes student rookies as well as well-versed entrepreneurs with many years of experience. This is right up the ally of the imec.istart accelerator program, where a one-size-fits-all philosophy definitely does not apply.”

Resubmissions and imec.istart’s Pre-Acceleration Program​

Our open call selections often consider one or two resubmissions—these are companies whose business projects were previously not accepted but have taken the opportunity to reapply in subsequent calls.

Notably, since July 2023, imec.istart has incorporated a new pre-acceleration program, taking over all startup-related activities of the former Blue Health Innovation Center. This program extension allows us to nurture startups in an early developmental stage that might otherwise slip through the cracks, aligning with our mission to support all budding businesses, regardless of their stage.

Startup Autumn 2023 cohort​

Let’s delve into the 8 startups that make up our Autumn 2023 cohort and explore the exciting businesses they are engaged in.
BORRO: offers an easy cashless deposit system for reusable take-out and event packaging.

CALQI: provides a SaaS platform that streamlines architects' and construction contractors' tendering process into one efficient end-to-end experience.

CLIPIDO: is a smart B2B cloud storage for media files (image, video, visual PDFs) using AI.

EDGX: envisions a world where thousands of intelligent satellites provide real-time data connectivity for man and machine on Earth. EDGX designs an AI-based data processing unit for satellites, enabling faster data processing and onboard AI algorithms.

OLYMPX: provides precision biomechanical insights of athletes in real-time to optimize their performances and prevent injuries on the field.

ONTRACX: offers a wearable tech solution to runners and healthcare professionals, aiming to prevent overuse injuries or assist in the return-to-run phase of rehabilitation.

TOOLMASTER: developed a shared customizable project management software with specialized tools for engineering and inspection firms, bridging the communication gap between field visits and offices.

WISE PEOPLE: helps organizations become faster, better, and smarter in their application process by (re)connecting organizations and applicants transparently through social proof.

Interested to join these startups in our imec.istart Acceleration Program?
Don't miss the chance to secure preseed funding ranging from 50K to 250K and become part of a vibrant community like-minded tech entrepreneurs. We hold three open calls annually in January, May and September.
Register now for our upcoming online info session webinar about our program.

Fast forward to September 2024….
At imec.istart’s annual BBQ on Thursday, the EDGX team was presented with the leading Belgian business accelerator’s Next Unicorn Award (in a 2023 imec.istart post, this award was described as “𝘔𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴”).

Congratulations to our friends from Belgium who signed a non-binding MoU with BrainChip in Oct 2023 (just in case you had forgotten and were scratching your head why I would post about their award here; you can also refresh your memory by reading the following article by EDGX CEO and Co-Founder Nick Destrycker about their EDGX-1 DPU architecture: https://brainchip.com/edging-into-space/)

View attachment 69054

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7108031138102693889/

View attachment 69051

For those who are not familiar with the term unicorn 🦄 in business speech (even though I am unsure whether or not imec.istart might actually use the term more loosely):

“The term "unicorn" holds a special allure for startups. Coined by venture capitalist Aileen Lee in 2013, a unicorn refers to a privately held startup valued at over $1 billion. This exclusive club represents the pinnacle of entrepreneurial success, capturing the imagination of founders, investors, and the general public alike.

Aileen Lee, founder of Cowboy Ventures, introduced the term "unicorn" in a 2013 TechCrunch article. The analogy likens these rare and mythical startups to the legendary creatures due to their scarcity and the perceived difficulty of achieving a $1 billion valuation. Lee's term sparked a cultural phenomenon, transforming the startup landscape by creating a shared metric for success.

Unicorn startups share common traits that distinguish them from their peers. Innovation is a linchpin, as these companies often bring disruptive solutions to the market. Achieving scale is another key factor, with unicorns demonstrating the ability to grow rapidly and capture substantial market share. Additionally, potential for sustained growth and profitability is crucial, positioning them as not just momentary successes but long-term industry leaders.”

What a serendipitous 2021 coffee talk it was indeed… ☕

View attachment 69052
For some reason, I HATE the word serendipity..

I think it's because, it seems to trigger deep rooted, disturbing memories, of films like The Sound of Music, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Mary Poppins..

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom