BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
Is it full of Shiraz?
Well they thought turning water into wine was a miracle, but ...

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
And...

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 1.56.03 pm.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Humans Are Sending Their First AI in Space, You (Probably) Have Nothing to Worry About​

Published: 12 Apr 2024, 06:52 UTC• By:
Daniel Patrascu
Daniel Patrascu profile photo

Firefly Aerospace Elytra 6 photos
Photo: Firefly
Firefly Elytra Firefly Elytra Firefly Elytra Firefly Elytra Firefly Elytra

Artificial intelligence with various degrees of smarts are pretty much in everything these days. From text generators to the systems that power the cameras in your phone, AIs are slowly becoming humanity's most trusted sidekicks. To our knowledge, though, a full-fledged AI has never traveled to space. That will change as soon as this year.

There's a good chance the name Klepsydra Technologies doesn't ring that many bells. It's a company that describes itself as the maker of high-performance software for edge computing. And one of its products is an AI.

The tech is marketed as a high-performance deep neural network engine meant to drive edge computers in a stable, low latency, are relatively affordable manner. It can be used for robotic vision-based navigation, 3D model analysis of infrastructures, surveillance, and data quality checks.

It is this Klepsydra that will become humanity's first AI to be deployed in space. That's because it will fly later this year on board a spacecraft called Elytra.

Elytra is more or less a family of space trucks (or SUVs, because its official name is Space Utility Vehicle). Manufactured by Firefly Aerospace, it is part of a new generation of space hardware meant to provide in-orbit logistics support. This means stuff like satellite servicing and refueling, among other things.

There are three Elytra variants, namely the Dawn, Dusk, and Dark, each with their own capabilities in terms of the orbits they can reach and the tasks they are capable of accomplishing.

The Dawn, for instance, is meant for use in low-Earth orbit as a tool for delivery missions, while Dusk can reach geosynchronous orbit to relocate satellites or de-orbit them. Last but not least, Dark has been designed to assist orbital infrastructure and act as a tug for hardware transfer from low-Earth orbit to lunar orbit.

Later this year one of the Elytra SUVs will get to fly for the first time. Launched on top of a rocket called Alpha (also made by Firefly), it will be hosting the Klepsydra AI. The goal of the mission is to test the computer software's ability to navigate.

As per the details released by the two companies, the Klepsydra will be used to process sensor data onboard and relay the processed data back to Earth. The data being worked pertains to real-time attitude determination, guidance, navigation, and control of the spacecraft.

Separately, the AI will also be testing its ability to "dynamically switch AI applications onboard," but the specifics of this mission were not disclosed.

The AI will spend up to a year in Earth orbit, acting as "an edge computing platform for hosted software customers."It will be accompanied on board the Elytra by a series of other payloads, including some being sent up by the U.S. government.

Wasn't Loihi part of the TechEd Sat about a year or two ago? Would've thought they were the first.

Reactions: 4 users

Tezza

Regular
Onsemi and Valeo both work with Nividia yet in this presentation no specific companies are broken down to explained how they are integrated into Nividia. The fact we are part of these two companies products keeps me hopeful we will be at some point if not all ready.
Who knows were we currently sit within this autonomous advancement / relationship we could well be apart of the next offering imo.
Don't get me wrong, I am very hopeful and that's why I'm holding tight.

Reactions: 5 users

CWP

Regular
Here's an extract from Weebit's Annual Report released on the ASX today.

Sure would be nice to see the BrainChip BOD doing the same thing!!!!!!!!

View attachment 68609
It would be a dream to see that ! Even if the boss man payed his tax bill with cash rather than sell some of his freebies it would be a huge show of confidence for all other investors.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
It would be a dream to see that ! Even if the boss man payed his tax bill with cash rather than sell some of his freebies it would be a huge show of confidence for all other investors.

WBT's BOD buying shares on the market shows they have absolute confidence in the company and the product

And just check out how the market is responding to Weebit today.

Take note please BRN BOD!

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 3.01.34 pm.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

sleepymonk

Regular
It would be a dream to see that ! Even if the boss man payed his tax bill with cash rather than sell some of his freebies it would be a huge show of confidence for all other investors.I
I emailed Tony a while back suggesting investors' confidence needs to be restored not only in the interest of shareholders like u and me but also in the best interest of the Co to any further CR.

MY SUGGESTION WAS PLAIN AND SIMPLE:
OUR CEO PUBLICLY STATES THAT HE WON'T BE SELLING ANY OF HIS SHARES BELOW THE ISSUING PRICE AFTER FUllFILLING HIS TAX OBLIGATIONS. WHEN HE STILL WORKS FOR BRN
This will be the most powerful statement of confidence ever in my eyes from the management. Unfortunately, all we got after the AGM was one of our directors selling her shares before the CR ANN.

Reactions: 5 users

Rskiff

Regular
WBT's BOD buying shares on the market shows they have absolute confidence in the company and the product

And just check out how the market is responding to Weebit today.

Take note please BRN BOD!

View attachment 68686
I honestly can't recall any of BRN BOD or senior management ever buying on market. Am I wrong?

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Just back on to NASA for a mo.

Akida was around in the Radneuro project with other processors and this guy was also part of it. Now he's just given a NASA talk involving neuromorphic and wonder if we are still in the mix as part of the upcoming future projects especially now with our acceptance into the ESA sphere as well.

2024 Summer Seminar Series​

The 2024 series consists of six seminars highlighting Ames Research Center’s diverse capabilities and expertise in multiple subject areas such as lunar science and missions, human space exploration, asteroid threats, and computing.

Michael Lowry​

Neuromorphic Computing: Mapping Neuroscience to Silicon and Prospects for Space Missions​

Tuesday, August 6 at 11:00AM Pacific Daylight Time

Abstract:
Neuromorphic computing maps neuroscience to silicon. The human brain performs exascale computing while consuming only twenty watts of power and embodies the only general purpose intelligence known to date in the universe. The individual computing elements – neurons – are inherently noisy, yet the overall computation is coherent and resilient. These properties could be enabling for future space and aviation missions, whose avionics will need to provide higher levels of autonomous capabilities even in the harsh environment of space. This talk describes both the history and recent results in neuromorphic computing. Exploratory small spacecraft missions have demonstrated neuromorphic edge computing in low earth orbit. Technology demonstration missions in harsher radiation environments are being planned, where neuromorphic co-processors could provide a force multiplier to the general-purpose high-performance space computer available by 2026. The talk concludes with a roadmap to space supercomputing based on heterogeneous computing; incorporating general purpose CPU, GPU, and neuromorphic cores.

Biography:

Dr. Lowry serves as NASA’s Chief Scientist for Reliable Software Engineering. He became interested in Neuromorphic computing as a means of radically improving compute power and energy efficiency for NASA’s embedded aerospace missions. He has recently served as PI for the RadNeuro (Radiation-tolerant Neuromorphic Computing) project – to close the gap between terrestrial Neuromorphic Computing capabilities and embedded space computing.

Some previous posts on the Radneuro and Brainstack projects.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

genyl

Emerged
Why would anyone buy brn shares? It is a falling knife atm 🤢

Reactions: 1 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

7für7

Regular
Why would anyone buy brn shares? It is a falling knife atm 🤢
I prefer to sit on a falling knife rather than under the falling knife

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
I honestly can't recall any of BRN BOD or senior management ever buying on market. Am I wrong?
Maybe @Diogenese has?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 68651 View attachment 68653 View attachment 68652
Looks like he took a year long sabbatical..

I like that his previous stint was 14.5 years.

It looks to me, like he sees a Future here and won't be a flash in the pan player.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

MegaportX

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom